The Chateau Diaries #72 Winter is coming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right up there with crooked candles are crooked lamp shades .... though this lamp is pretty sassy!!

20211006_110822.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
In my mind……if they let you down you find someone else. Like the chapel restorer. There are only so many excuses one can make. Move one. Find someone else. That story is getting old.
So many stories about jobs not getting started at all or not being finished because other people are indisposed or have had an accident or have a seriously sick relative or don't answer when called or don't come back after an initial discussion suggests to me that, after the initial encounter with SJ, and realising what she and her chateau are like, they want nothing more to do with the place! All these things can't just be coincidences!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
This was also from yesterday's live chat. I am not sure what Tony is talking about. I have yet to find it. Perhaps, Tony is referring to the flog that SJ made. 🤷‍♀️

Tony InLosAngeles Today Christie’s released a video on their channel I haven’t looked yet
The Chateau Diaries @Tony InLosAngeles Ooh, where did you see it?
Tony InLosAngeles @the chateau diaries last night I saw the first advertisement from Christie’s featuring you.
Tony InLosAngeles YouTube YouTube
Tony InLosAngeles The advertisement was the making of the room from start to finish with the final photo shoot and the collector auction information
He may be referencing a YouTube ad from Christie's. My eyes were accosted by it and if I'm remembering correctly, it was one of those ads that you can't skip.

Reactions: 5
This huge and ultimately unpredictable total expense means no travel for awhile - I'll bet South Africa will be called off. There will be no more luxuries for a while. It would look terrible to the Patreons if she kept on buying things she doesn't need.
I somehow doubt if anything, however bad, will stop her from doing exactly what she wants to do!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This is so good it’s scary! You are talented and a good reminder to never put my face “out there” to be used.
Hello, to set the record straight 😁, these videos are not my creation as they are provided by a software, from which I pick the movie excerpts and combine this with wording/sound which is also in the software catalogue, and then the software adds in whatever face I choose. I have fun doing this and try and find relevant combinations! Voilà, zero talent on my side, but all on the developers & their creative algorithms🤗🧚‍♀️🧞‍♀️🤸‍♂️🕺🧝‍♂️🧙‍♂️

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She needed her maman Isabelle (at 45 !) to phone the quarry in the first vlogs.
Isabelle had to sort out the drains problem from South Africa as she was the only person who knew the French contractor to speak to!!

If Stephanie had to leave Lala, 90% of what she has bought for the chateau can leave with her, whether it is to another place or to an auction house or even Emmaus. It's no wonder the value of the place hasn't increased. It's all fur coat and no knickers. (Whoops title suggestion). Any buyer would have to rip out so much and start again
Yes, and that's proof that the patrons are not helping to restore the chateau but just helping one, already rich, entitled woman to spend their money on fripperies. They are barking mad!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Shall we play a game? Crazy, unbelievable La La narratives. Here's mine:

SJ pays Tatty to take Selmar away.

hmmm...dan should be careful who he confides in...blood is...as they say...thicker than water.
...be aware the honey traps...many a man has been convicted with only innuendo.
...SJ gave you a warning...heed it...
...when you have the most to lose...observe everyone and act accordingly...
...build up your own position...have an end game...and get out...
...SJ is not your friend...

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Hard night Steph? I'd hate to think we were keeping you up. Looking rough, love!

Screenshot 2021-10-06 at 19.06.30.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I wonder how her parents ever run a successful nursing home? Have they been just lucky and had a good and reliable janitor all the time?
Her mother should have instructed her, at least told her and insisted she follows instructions from professionals. I actually blame her parents.

She studied English and opera, so can't even blame her that she doesn't know a bit about heating, electricity and other things maintance. Most women (and actually quite alot men, too) I know wouldn't even know where to let air out of a heating system, they just rely on their husbands or live in rentals and never had to care about anything related to caretaking. But she should have learned by now to look for a caretaker. Her parents should have told her to calculate the costs for a caretaker when buying a château. Did they believe this was Nics part? But then they had bad judging,too.
How could they give her early inheritance and support her following such a dream but not advise her properly-especially when they ran several grand houses like this? Seems almost like some kind of neglect to me, like they wanted her to fail.
They never ever used the heating because they just left for Southafrica.

Reactions: 9
This protagonist (supposedly ex- lover of Teabeg) no longer plays a part in the story, but it was uselessly interesting to note that the background for the recent Berlin story was a recycled Barcelona episode from July.
Smokes & mirrors?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
An interior designer friend of mine once told me “When (a designer is) decorating, always make sure to have one ‘mistake’ in the room…otherwise, the room will look like it’s been ‘done’ (by a professional)”. Maybe SJ just included a lot of “mistakes” and can’t decide which one to keep?! 😆

87E2808B-BF92-4CD4-88AB-B4C690AF7682.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Right up there with crooked candles are crooked lamp shades .... though this lamp is pretty sassy!!

View attachment 797230
Yep a lamp with attitude. Looks like it has it's hand on it's hips saying 'straighten my bloody shade why dont you'. Also, on a seperate note, in my opinion, those words would be a little less obvious. It's all inthe detail Stefaaaaneeeeeee

Re the lamp talking to me, am I going mad???

Hard night Steph? I'd hate to think we were keeping you up. Looking rough, love!

View attachment 797345
She has her 100 Stars dressing gown thingey on. This transports her instantly into 'pre breakfast, getting dressed, go our and annoy everyone chic' dont you know :ROFLMAO:

PS : Is that a map of Sheffield? Paris?

This protagonist (supposedly ex- lover of Teabeg) no longer plays a part in the story, but it was uselessly interesting to note that the background for the recent Berlin story was a recycled Barcelona episode from July.
Smokes & mirrors?

Is he posing protectively with that tap? Or do I have the mind of a sewer ???

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
2 thoughts from Dan's vlog today:

1) the "vlogging me vlogging you" moment was HILARIOUS

2) the song he used today .... what message is this sending? Is it in response to the innuendo related scenes with Cat?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.