The Chateau Diaries #70 Thank you for the little cockerel - it will do for now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Clara Burnett just a timeline question. I'm confused how Nic found out in advance SJ had let the cat out of the bag re his family travelling to La La.

SJ announced she is 1 vweek ahead in vlogs. Then in a vlog she announced Nic and family would be travelling to LaLa. Then in chat she said she was in Brussels. How did they see this in advance to change travel plans?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
People astound me sometimes. When my ex was dying of cancer my kids took him to clear out his house so he could move in with me and my daughters. His brother made my son so mad that my son almost hit him. John was going though Jim’s clothes and fishing poles and saying “I gave you this so I want it back”. The nerve of some people!
When my great aunt was very very old (96) she requested my brother and I to come visit so she could return gifts we'd given her for birthday and Christmas over the years. I dragged my feet for months knowing what this meant. My brother had to call and read me the riot act before I'd go. Bless her, she made it to 97. Hell on wheels and didn't mellow out till she was 93. 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 19
just doing some admin 👩‍💼
And in depth conversation with agents on previous intel ….

God were good 👍 quite prolific
M

😈
FrenchGirl123
Chatty Member

Jun 3, 2021
Let's the show begin !

I wonder if our Chatelaine will stay at Lalande at all during this summer...

Euro Carcollector

1 hour ago
So excited to stay at Chateau de Lalande in a few weeks with my two daughters. We hope to find our very own Chateau this summer : )

BAAC18B3-AFC6-460B-8CEE-5AADC6C25FA4.jpeg

Seeking WHOM owned the 8k Berkin

Reactions: 14
only so much shite I can swallow
How annoying she is in that patron video; I can't stand her wallowing in self-satisfaction and the fact that she's now getting 32,000 Euros a month in return for a few vlogs which exploit the residents and she presents herself as the star of the show. Before the make-up and after it's worn off, her wrinkles look awful and she really appears to be much older. Marie is lovely and looks much younger and fresher. SJ pretends to like their little dog. All she can report on to the patrons is how she's going to decorate a very small shower room, again with expensive OTT wallpaper and ceramic birds. There's no mention of any major and necessary structural or plumbing/heating work, of course. So, the public have now seen Nic and Marie's wallpaper and SJ's dinner of lobster ravioli. It seems they are still on goods terms with SJ. They've probably been discussing what to hide in the accounts. SS is on the way to collect her and then they are both back at LL, unfortunately; It was so much nicer without them both!

• Heart
He's definitely"Goatboy"and he's teasing Tattlers!
What an uncouth, vulgar shower those Trotters are!

I would have been furious if I had been the grandparents, having visitors, who then proceeded to keep wandering around "casing the joint"! What appalling manners and a clear lack of respect. I'm afraid that I would have very quickly told him to sit down and to stop poking around in my belongings.

My grandparents were wonderful. They would frequently show us items of interest and if we showed interest, would always want to give them to us. (I have lots of bits and pieces gifted to me from my grandparents - nothing of any monetary value but huge sentimental value to me.)

Their behaviour in the little Brocante was absolutely dreadful too. Sickening!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
1. I think Nic, Marie and Potty's signatures were probably required on business paperwork regarding the HMN and taxes etc. Signatures needed so accountants could finish untangling the color coded mess.
2. The French based Trotters are trash.
3. We should organize a raid on all the vlogged chicken coops and save the birds from their incompetent owners.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I am always astounded at how much 'charity' and 'volunteering' goes on in England. Most of these charities pay large salaries to their top tier staff. Is it an acceptable way of grifting? Getting people volunteering under the auspice of charity. I just don't get the concept of all these charities in such a 'first world/rich' country.
The reasons are very disturbingly simple.

1. The UK Office for National Statistics recent figures tell us that almost a third of the population live in poverty (that's split into 1/6th in relative poverty and 1/6th in absolute poverty).
So that means many millions of adults and children need help in a huge variety of ways.

2. Public services have been systematically eviscerated and lack resources. Gvt has actively encouraged charities to fulfil what used to be statutory roles. Thus their top tier staff feel entitled to claim gvt-level pay. This all leads to expensive crisis-management silos - lack of timely co-ordinated support is more costly in the long run. Financially and in higher mortality rates. Nonetheless, the UK charity sector is booming. Volunteers are essentially unpaid civil servants. (I find it all despicable).

The UK is apparently wealthy. Its gvts like to portray it as a first world/rich country. It is, but only for the top 20%.

A couple of years ago, the UN Special Rapporteur on Poverty examined the UK. His report was damning. Amongst other excoriating things, he wrote that conditions were worse than Dickensian for many people.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
They cancelled the plans. SJ however needs them to make an appearance somehow, hence the abrupt trip to their home in Brussels
In SJ's patron vlog from Brussels, Marie said they are all, plus the new dog, oing to LL for Halloween.

Reactions: 7
The reasons are very disturbingly simple.

1. The UK Office for National Statistics recent figures tell us that almost a third of the population live in poverty (that's split into 1/6th in relative poverty and 1/6th in absolute poverty).
So that means many adults and children need help in a huge variety of ways.

2. Public services have been systematically eviscerated and lack resources. Gvt has actively encouraged charities to fulfil what used to be statutory roles. Thus their top tier staff feel entitled to claim gvt-level pay. This all leads to expensive crisis-management silos - lack of timely co-ordinated support is more costly in the long run. Financially and in higher mortality rates. Nonetheless, the UK charity sector is booming.

The UK is apparently wealthy. Its gvts like to portray it as a first world/rich country. It is, but only for the top 20%.

A couple of years ago, the UN Special Rapporteur on Poverty examined the UK. His report was damning. Amongst other excoriating things, he wrote that conditions were worse than Dickensian for many people.
Well said, 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My head aches and a drowsy numbness pains
My sense, as though of Teabag I had drunk
Or emptied some precious time down the drains
Watching SJ sorting out more tat and junk

• Haha
Reactions: 11
In SJ's patron vlog from Brussels, Marie said they are all, plus the new dog, oing to LL for Halloween.
I doubt that their plans were canceled necessitating a rush to Brussels by Steppy. Purely business and signatures required for chateau paperwork, taxes etc. Seems very plausible that either Clara or her informant has fish to fry in stirring pots

Reactions: 4
Yes. Must have been a good talk then.

I doubt that their plans were canceled necessitating a rush to Brussels by Steppy. Purely business and signatures required for chateau paperwork, taxes etc. Seems very plausible that either Clara or her informant has fish to fry in stirring pots
I'm not stirring any pots nor do i have a particularry appetite for fried fish. Please read back what I said. Some things I know, some things I assume. I'm always quite clear about the difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
No Nic, Marie and Antoine had driven to chateau to do the lock down in France. SJ filmed arrival of Selmar from her window. Nic spoke with him. They had not contacted him to say don't come. Admitedly SJ was in dramatic transit from Asia in days preceeding.
It freaked many people out the idea of borders closing. He came early due to.lockdown as he had "a feeling." He drove non stop from his previous place to get to La La.
Yes, abd as mentioned earlier on, he had applied to SJ some time in advance and they agreed he could come but had not fixed a date.

Reactions: 6
@Clara Burnett just a timeline question. I'm confused how Nic found out in advance SJ had let the cat out of the bag re his family travelling to La La.

SJ announced she is 1 vweek ahead in vlogs. Then in a vlog she announced Nic and family would be travelling to LaLa. Then in chat she said she was in Brussels. How did they see this in advance to change travel plans?
Again, what I know from what I've heard is that her trip to Brussels was business related, talking business with the not so elusive N. What I made of that information, or how it translated to me, is based on how things usually go down at her HMN. There's things I know and things I assume. I try to be as clear as possible about it.

I'm going to need to see some receipts about everything you claim to "know" because you state many things as fact when in reality, all is supposition. I can appreciate a good guess as much as the next person but continuing to appear as the inside authority is wearing thin.
I think I have more than once proven to be of some use when it comes to decyphering SJ's lies and manipulations, but I appreciate other views, even if you don't. Please take your need for receipts and shove it. There's no need for your rudeness when there's an ignore button that you can just as easy use.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Think that was the best 1/2 hour I have spent on YT in a long time. Thank you for sharing this channel - I do not think it is so OT because this is someone truly restoring and doing a job worthy of having Patreons. Subscribing to her - she is fabulllous
She also had a series on netflix:)

• Wow
Reactions: 5
As MPK cases out his possible inheritance…
I was waiting for him to start putting post-it notes or stickers on the back of each item that said “MIchael’s” (my grandmother tried to make us do that-each grandchild had a color assigned using those little gummy dot stickers-ewwww none of us would play except my sister who had lived with her for a year and was sort of due some sort of compensation)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don't wish to derail the latest discussions regarding the accounts fiasco, but I chanced upon the following list of 'targets' which must have been written around the end of 2020.
Interesting to see the various projects which were listed as 'ongoing' almost a year ago.
View attachment 787821View attachment 787822View attachment 787823
19.000 euros for the "lovely Natalia" ? What does that even mean ??

13.000 euros for Selmar's carpentry workshop ? Whaaaat ? And he's going to leave now....

As for the rest.... pffffffff. No comment.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
a load of mud slinging going on about chateau diy on the ETTC Diy fan group. Just looked up the admin - Philly and Angelina and Edd. I thought Sherrie was one originally?
I thought that the admins where always Philly, Angelina and Billy? I thought that Sherrie just posted a lot ( she blocked me at some point a few months ago, so I cannot see anything she posts ).

Reactions: 1
I so agree with everything you said here and applaud you for explaining so thoroughly. I'm sure it will convince some again to finally see the light. I do want to add that we're not wasting our time and breath (besides having a laugh every now and then) when we are not convincing the majority of her fans, because there's another purpose in chatting about her schemes, because by doing so we are making sure she knows it doesn't take much for us to call her out and she can't trust on just her own instincts to safe her but has to keep playing her A game if she wants the money to keep coming her way. She's already had several big scares of being exposed for the fraud she is and although it is not my personal goal to make her life miserable, it's mostly the bed she has made for herself that she has to sleep in. I would say it's a weird balance of not taking it too seriously and being able to keep laughing, but at the same time keep pointing out that stealing from old ladies retirement funds is about as low as one can go, especially if you consider the scale. It's by no means pocket money we are talking about.
Agreed 100%. It's also very important to understand there are other narcs among her fans (birds of feather and all that jazz) and time to time it's healthy to look at that circus from a distance and think about the motivations behind some of her ferocious commentators who keep constantly attacking other fans and telling how to see things.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.