The Chateau Diaries #70 Thank you for the little cockerel - it will do for now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel that if volunteers had to go through the same checks that paid workers did, there would not be many people volunteering
I agree there is no statutory requirement for background checks on such voIunteers, I don't think any of us were suggesting that, but where you have a number of residents living in and are providing food and services for staff, paying B & B guests, and workshop attendees, it would be ethical and sensible to find out as much as possible in advance if only for your clients' personal safety, if not your own. Her volunteers are left unsupervised when preparing food, using tools, etc., as well as mingling with guests and staff, If I owned such an establishment, I would want to know that any volunteers were capable of doing those things without causing any major problems. I know that some stately homes do require application forms and references for volunteers. SJ's volunteers are mainly younger and often travelling from afar so would not want to waste a journey if they turned out to be unsuitable on arrival. Have you ever seen or heard of any in-service training on H & S, etc., at SJ's chateau? Like you, I have done voluntary work in various places but have always had an interview and training at the start and have also sometimes had to provide a completed application form.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Seeking WHOM owned the 8k Berkin
I'd say this is Anna's handbag (Bordeaux Life). Her friend Gwen de Basmaignée has got a LV handbag : it seems that these typical Nouveaux Riches love their branded expensive bags.

PS : Have you noticed the fact that Anna (Edd's) is always dressed in black and white ? Sometimes she dares wearing a grey too...

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
The reasons are very disturbingly simple.

1. The UK Office for National Statistics recent figures tell us that almost a third of the population live in poverty (that's split into 1/6th in relative poverty and 1/6th in absolute poverty).
So that means many millions of adults and children need help in a huge variety of ways.

2. Public services have been systematically eviscerated and lack resources. Gvt has actively encouraged charities to fulfil what used to be statutory roles. Thus their top tier staff feel entitled to claim gvt-level pay. This all leads to expensive crisis-management silos - lack of timely co-ordinated support is more costly in the long run. Financially and in higher mortality rates. Nonetheless, the UK charity sector is booming. Volunteers are essentially unpaid civil servants. (I find it all despicable).

The UK is apparently wealthy. Its gvts like to portray it as a first world/rich country. It is, but only for the top 20%.

A couple of years ago, the UN Special Rapporteur on Poverty examined the UK. His report was damning. Amongst other excoriating things, he wrote that conditions were worse than Dickensian for many people.
The charity sector is definitely booming and I agree abusing the volunteering system. With all the charities registered life should surely be a lot better than it is. Thanks to you and Hippi for the replies. Just another reason why that GAG should stop. If money is going to the charities, I doubt much of it is finding it's way down the line to those who actually need it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Again, what I know from what I've heard is that her trip to Brussels was business related, talking business with the not so elusive N. What I made of that information, or how it translated to me, is based on how things usually go down at her HMN. There's things I know and things I assume. I try to be as clear as possible about it.

I think I have more than once proven to be of some use when it comes to decyphering SJ's lies and manipulations, but I appreciate other views, even if you don't. Please take your need for receipts and shove it. There's no need for your rudeness when there's an ignore button that you can just as easy use.
It is never rude to question everything. Obviously you don't like being questioned and are trying to play victim by stating (wrongly) that I am rude.

Reactions: 2
I'm going to need to see some receipts about everything you claim to "know"
Mini apron 😈😈😈
Couldn’t help yourself …
( tell no ONE ☝ honestly… knew you’d be back )

you were glorious befor ….
However in this instance…

- when you are the chief justices…
You can issue a warrant

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
There is something really odd about this. Even with Stephanie's limited experience, she would know she needed receipts. She has worked for Gerry's taxi company - where he would have to keep all receipts for his car maintenance, petrol, phone bills, etc. She has an airbnb in London - she would have to keep accounts for that. In France, she said she had always made a loss for the B&B apart from the last year when she broke even. So she must be keeping accounts. Plus, when I started my small business it ran at a loss for the first two years. Because I kept scrupulous accounts, I was able to write off previous years losses against the profits before I had to pay tax. Finally, I cannot see it is worth hiding anything. Firstly, if you are earning enough to pay tax, you are not poor and should be contributing to society by paying your share. Also, if you hide your income, when it comes to applying for a mortgage, you will find yourself in difficulty, ditto loans. I met a taxi driver who told me he declared every penny for just that reason, He had seen too many fellow drivers fall down when they applied for mortgages because they had not declared the income that would support them.
it seems it may have been more “I’m too busy, I shall deal with it later” and “I cannot share what actual money comes in and goes out with anyone on staff Mummy said so”

in the last year the business has rapidly expanded and I expect she just didn’t want to think about all that taxing tax stuff be cause she was having fun and in love-but as we all know The Tax Man Cometh with his hand out seeking immediate payment

I thought she look slightly panicked and ready to run when she delivered the news in the patreon vlog-why would she even be discussing that she was talking to the accountants about personal finances unless it was messily entangled? did she run to the boys for support as protection? who knows-I’m just speculating but seems a very odd set of circumstances

and one last thing-was Squirrel Nutkins sent away in order for her to deal with all of this without his Support Squirrel Skills because she needs to secure the partners okay to add him to her list of dependents and she didn’t want them to see it on the bottom line before she’d had a prep session with them regarding ”the accounts?”

so many questions

19.000 euros for the "lovely Natalia" ? What does that even mean ??

13.000 euros for Selmar's carpentry workshop ? Whaaaat ? And he's going to leave now....

As for the rest.... pffffffff. No comment.
yes yes yes-and if I was Nati I would be expecting a very large salary increase if she hasn’t received one already

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
19.000 euros for the "lovely Natalia" ? What does that even mean ??

13.000 euros for Selmar's carpentry workshop ? Whaaaat ? And he's going to leave now....

As for the rest.... pffffffff. No comment.
She has this annoying habit of tagging things to employers. Like Natti's apartment, it's not hers, unless she is paying for it. She should say the Managers Apartment, same with Selmar's carpentry workshop, its The Chateau workshop. Whatever was bought will stay in the workshop I assume, or did the patrons specifically pay for the equipment on the understanding that Selmar would get it. Then it is his, isn't it?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Word on the streets is Ian (the Plasterer) is refusing to work at SJ's shitshow again because he did not appreciate being filmed without warning...
Yes, you could see at the time that he was shocked about it; it was a patron video and he said she had taken him by surprise. Both he and Natti were asked to report to the patrons on their work and both were shocked as she had told neither in advance that she would be asking them to do that on film. It just confirms her lack of preparation for the patron reports and thus her lack of respect for both patrons and employees. He must understandably be hopping mad. You only have to look at his face when she films in the normal vlogs, to see how daft he thinks she is but he has to pretend to like her and keeps in with her because he wants the work. He has the measure of her, after all the time he's worked there.

• Heart
it seems it may have been more “I’m too busy, I shall deal with it later” and “I cannot share what actual money comes in and goes out with anyone on staff Mummy said so”

in the last year the business has rapidly expanded and I expect she just didn’t want to think about all that taxing tax stuff be cause she was having fun and in love-but as we all know The Tax Man Cometh with his hand out seeking immediate payment

I thought she look slightly panicked and ready to run when she delivered the news in the patreon vlog-why would she even be discussing that she was talking to the accountants about personal finances unless it was messily entangled-did she run to the boys for support as protection? who knows-I’m just speculating and but seems a very odd set of circumstances

and one last thing-was Squirrel Nutkins sent away in order for her to deal with all of this without his Support Squirrel Skills because she needs to secure the partners okay to add him to her list of dependents and she didn’t want them to see it on the bottom line before she’d had a prep session with them regarding ”the accounts?”

so many questions
she’s Late filing - and on your first year. ….

let’s just say the tax authorities could care less -
Fines for late filing
Fines for incorrect / misdirected files

daily…. For the tariff they set

With compound interest by the min.. hour .. day

she’s a liability for her … partners
All their interests can be explored - if revenue descended for an audit

got to be squeaky clean in all personal dealings when your listed on a charity tax basis
Especially when it presents itself as a holiday pad ….😈

• Heart
Reactions: 19
@MojoDublin Thanks for the Patrons video !

1. After having watched it, I can't help thinking : what is the purpose of all these luxurious renovations in Lalande ?

I mean : expensive designers wallpapers even for the bathrooms, expensive items for bathrooms, bedrooms etc. But what for ? At the end of the day, it's only a plus-value for the chateau (hence for its owners) and the future luxurious life of the owners. Nothing to do with history or saving a historical building !
For some BB guests ? Unlikely. For themselves at the expenses of other people (Patrons) ? More likely.

I really don't understand how the superfans and her Patrons think. I really don't understand these people.

2. Marie (Nic's wife) seems to be best best friend with Steph. Even doing their nails together and seems very happy with it. The Halloween Party is already planned (and I would be surprised if Antoine will not be here as well) with the rabbit and the new dog.
Either Marie really enjoys Steph's company or she's good at being a diplomat.

PS : It was funny to see Steph stepping back far, far, far away from this tiny dog !
Well,if Amaury's dogs arrive with his parents there will be 4 dogs in lala land 😍

• Haha
  • Wow
I'd say this is Anna's handbag (Bordeaux Life). Her friend Gwen de Basmaignée has got a LV handbag : it seems that these typical Nouveaux Riches love their branded expensive bags.

PS : Have you noticed the fact that Anna (Edd's) is always dressed in black and white ? Sometimes she dares wearing a grey too...
very typical of the service industry-you don’t want to out shine clients- I always wear black and white because I cant be bothered thinking about “does this go with that” when working and now I basically live in white/black tshirt and jeans-wish I had more style but it so exhausting

• Heart
Re. the Charity Association Chateau de Lalande (Association 1901, France), here is what I found about accounts. (Google translation) :

"Opening a dedicated account for the association is not mandatory. However, it is essential to have one in order to facilitate accounting and management of financial resources. In addition, having an association bank account has its advantages.

It facilitates the structure's accounting and guarantees better financial management.
Open a bank account for better financial management
Opening an account dedicated to the association allows you to manage income and expenses by monitoring activities on the latter. In this way, it becomes easier to keep watch over the functioning of the association and its activities. It is an effective solution for obtaining grants.

Open a bank account in the name of the association to have means of payment
After opening a dedicated bank account, the association has practical and diverse means of payment, including a bank card and a checkbook. It can also make payments online, which greatly facilitates transactions.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
she’s Late filing - and on your first year. ….

let’s just say the tax authorities could care less -
Fines for late filing
Fines for incorrect / misdirected files

daily…. For the tariff they set

With compound interest by the min.. hour .. day

she’s a liability for her … partners
All their interests can be explored - if revenue descended for an audit

got to be squeaky clean in all personal dealings when your listed on a charity tax basis
Especially when it presents itself as a holiday pad ….😈

yep it’s always the fines-and the liens-which would hit all three-(ooh a hat-trick)-tricky business this-partners possibly kept in the dark (and not in the way she’d like)

Reactions: 8
Mini apron 😈😈😈
Couldn’t help yourself …
( tell no ONE ☝ honestly… knew you’d be back )

you were glorious befor ….
However in this instance…

- when you are the chief justices…
You can issue a warrant

View attachment 788002
Hard to be a Mini Apron when I'm not in SA and never have been 🙄
Nor have I (thankfully) never been near the HMN.
I question quite a lot, wanting to distinguish between supposition and fact.
Have I ruffled feathers? Hhmmmm.....

Reactions: 5
Thanks for sharing.

I will never get used to or get over how this mad woman is making strangers pay to repair her crumbling home! I bet that if she didn't drown herself in booze each night she wouldn't sleep a wink; her conscience keeping her awake! And really, another bathroom renovation that she plans to string out for more money.

This is definitely the face of a sleepless grifter.
View attachment 787476
She has no conscience. She is a narc.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Well,if Amaury's dogs arrive with his parents there will be 4 dogs in lala land 😍
since she hates dogs I’m gonna laugh everytime one of those gorgeous giant labs gives her a sloppy kiss or tries to hold her hand in their mouth

I can confirm your suspicions: there is nothing and literally everyone can come and join in the madness. SJ implemented one rule after the incident with the homophobic woman, who brought her daughter and father in law along, which in SJ's assessment of the situation made it impossible to throw them out. Same thing happened when the Nordic Weirdo workawayer brought a friend when they came to the shittoo and SJ wanted Weirdo in her bed, but the friend was impossible to keep around due to bad behavior. But she found a way to get rid of the friend anyway by demanding Nordic Weirdo to take care of that.

So, the one rule she now enforces is that no families or otherwise closely connected groups of people are allowed to come and work her tit. But that's basically it, no vetting, no background checks, no NDA to sign, just join in the magic whatever way you like with whatever you bring to the party. I suspect it's part of what she is so thrilled about anyway: the prospect of possible drama to keep boredom submerged.
so she has no concern for the safety of the children that visit Lalaland - yep that seems about right

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I have more than a feeling, I know for a fact she has also planned a meeting with Potty, who will probably join them (off camera) in Brussels. It might be about the books indeed, as she has clearly underestimated the whole accounting thing. As usual she thought hiring an accountant was all that was expected of her as she is clueless when it comes to any form of structural administrative work (or any other work, for that matter). She's getting worried things might not go as smoothly as planned and needs her "partners in crime" to be onboard with her. Definitely a last minute trip to Brussels, when she waved Snorty goodbye on that parking lot she had no plans to follow him up north...
I thought that 'goodbye' from SJ was a little frosty & dismissive and Snorts didn't look too happy either

Thanks for the link. I will read up. I had a sociopathec partner who negatively impacted my life for many years. In therapy I identified faults in my development as an adult which would have assisted me in identifying warning signs earlier. Parenting is not a passive exercise, it is an active process in developing a well rounded adult. Phillip was actively sent to La La by his mother. They must be close enough to discuss the developments in his role there and with the chateleine.
I am very sorry to hear of that experience. I agree with you that getting taken in, and staying, is one's own responsibility, and that PJ's mother encouraged him to take the gig.
Not so sure any mother would encourage her child to boff a woman her own age, nor that such a precocious child would discuss it with his mutti. Same goes for leaving university indefinitely to do so, with the almost certain promise of no good recommendation or work experience for the resumé.
That said, NPDs are a different order of reality. I doubt neither PJ or his mother, unless she is a narc, will have had any clue about until after little man set his cap to seduce the chatelaine. Remembering the early video in which he's coming down the stairs in overalls, as I recall, with one strap unbuttoned, L'il Abner style. Somebody asks him what he thinks he's dressed up as, and he says "Hot." Lots of upstaging energy there. He's definitely a piece of work.
Not letting him off the hook to say he is in the grip of a malign power much greater than himself, and to say, as a parent, I would intervene as powerfully as possible if my kid wasn't finishing university without gaining superior resumé credit. I think he's hooked on her promise to make him a star. Oldest BS in the book.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
As usual you are giving them way to much credit for have a brain when it comes to timeline and hiding information. They don't think about that at all, because they don't think they have to, in their opinion they are entitled to everything life throws at them, have no responsibilities towards anyone else and no need whatsoever to hide their tracks. She didn't have to reveal she was chatting from Brussels and could have easily pretended to be at the HMN. The way her vlogs are structured now she has ample opportunity to go wherever she wants to go without a problem for her timeline, which is screwed as it is and people are used to it. She's using the same playbook as MPK, but with better preparations and safety nets in place.
What I've heard is that her trip to Brussels was business related, talking business with the not so elusive N. What I made of that information, based on how things usually go down at her HMN: she announced the arrival of the not so elusive N with family in a month or so, around Halloween, in public on her vlog, when that plan was not confirmed at all just yet. Nic and Marie did not appreciate this as they wanted their stay to be private and not to be filmed. They cancelled the plans. SJ however needs them to make an appearance somehow, hence the abrupt trip to their home in Brussels to "talk things through" in person. A trip with further benefits for SJ, because Brussels can't be far from whgere her boyfriend is "rehearsing his musical".
If they don’t want to be filmed, why did they let her film dinner and the new dog?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.