The Chateau Diaries #70 Thank you for the little cockerel - it will do for now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Questions for EU based Tattlers, I am trying to understand/appreciate the legal risk for Nic & Potty, Nic being in Belgium & Potty being in Netherlands.
1. Are the trio all directors in the business entities which receive funds from patreon? Ie a charity?
2. In France, does it make a difference if directors are in another country of the EU?
3. What liability for directors is there for mis- filing (ie tax evasion) of accounts in France?
4. If found guilty of tax evasion, what impact would that have on employment if self or spiuse in a UN or E Union job?
No animal sleeker, more beautiful or deadlier than a good question. These made my day. Justice is coming.

I'm a bookkeeper as my regular day job. Thankfully Natti at least kept the receipts and had them organized by month. Because wow, what a mess to figure out now. Someone should be organizing it and keeping a spreadsheet at least every week, otherwise it turns into a mammoth task.

My husband and I have a small business on the side of our regular jobs, plus I have another small business on my own ... and we had to set up separate business bank accountants for our side business and my other business .... separate from our personal accounts. I find it super odd that she can run everything through the same bank account. If she had separate accounts it would be so much easier to organize everything too, it's just more practical. I wonder if her accountant won't have her change this.

posted a the same time! Yup, she's a nightmare.
Loving the weigh-ins by people with informed opinions. I hope you all will continue to comment on accounting and other shitoo business matters. It is mind-boggling there is no Quicken 101 at the shitoo or that Nic and Potts haven't required it, since their fingers are on the chopping block. Srsly, are they all smoking crack? The level of shared cognitive distortion is dazzling.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
😈😈 Attention Stephanie Jarvis

whilst I can and do hockey you out of it

Best you re-edit your vlog …
I’ve afforded you the Curtesy of bluring your adventure at admin

But even I can read all the account details - amounts ect
On both sides of the table

Be grateful you don’t work for me
You’d already be in HR getting your final papers

939F39F4-1C02-4233-93C2-A878DEE9B9F6.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I can confirm your suspicions: there is nothing and literally everyone can come and join in the madness. SJ implemented one rule after the incident with the homophobic woman, who brought her daughter and father in law along, which in SJ's assessment of the situation made it impossible to throw them out. Same thing happened when the Nordic Weirdo workawayer brought a friend when they came to the shittoo and SJ wanted Weirdo in her bed, but the friend was impossible to keep around due to bad behavior. But she found a way to get rid of the friend anyway by demanding Nordic Weirdo to take care of that.

So, the one rule she now enforces is that no families or otherwise closely connected groups of people are allowed to come and work her tit. But that's basically it, no vetting, no background checks, no NDA to sign, just join in the magic whatever way you like with whatever you bring to the party. I suspect it's part of what she is so thrilled about anyway: the prospect of possible drama to keep boredom submerged.
So is Tatty a problem since she’s hooked up with Selmar? I’m pretty surprised she let that happen.

Reactions: 6
Interesting to see that contractor Ian (the Builder) is doing all the plastering in this new project himself. Word on the streets is Ian (the Plasterer) is refusing to work at SJ's shitshow again because he did not appreciate being filmed without warning...
Good for him!!

Reactions: 14
I should think he's trying to protect his family, he used to feature the children quite a lot, but maybe has become more wary now he has more fans. I wonder if Annaliese is worried about the impact of the vlogs on the children too and takes a back seat to look after them.
I hope that he does become more wary, but his kids are seen in just about every vlog when he is filming at home. Who knows what they are actually thinking about the topic though. It seems like most youtubers these days like to show their kids. A lot of viewers also seem to enjoy seeing them. When Laura from Garden Answer hasn't shown the kids in a bit, fans start asking about them. I don't really get it, but that's just me (not all that interested in other people's kids). I guess time will tell.

Reactions: 12
It is mind-boggling there is no Quicken 101 at the shitoo or that Nic and Potts haven't required it, since their fingers are on the chopping block. Srsly, are they all smoking crack? The level of shared cognitive distortion is dazzling.
The farmhouse was only ever a Wendy house 🏡 - to keep an endearing ex CONTAINED

it’s now a mine field - on every level
And one ☝of the loaded nukes will hit target 🎯

sooner rather than later
😈

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
This is from one year ago, @30:16. BJJ was new to the chateau but within days of arriving, look how familiar he is with SJ. :sick: They definitely knew each other before he arrived. Did he audition for SJ??? Did Potty supply SJ with BJJ??? Did BJJ's mother pay SJ for his experience during his gap year??? Maybe, all of the above??? Still, so many question. One thing for sure, they deserve each other and the misery that comes with it.
At the end of this vlog SJ and Nutti let us know how they really feel about B&B guest. They are all vile.

The Chateau Diaries: THE CHATEAU COMES TO LIFE!
Premiered Sep 29, 2020

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
The farmhouse was only ever a Wendy house 🏡 - to keep an endearing ex CONTAINED

it’s now a mine field - on every level
And one ☝of the loaded nukes will hit target 🎯

sooner rather than later
😈
That is very, very interesting. I am my brother's keeper, but I won't get him an accountant when he hits the Lotto? Or teach Nati enough English to do Quicken?
Well, we don't know that Nic and Potts -- to whom she said she used to speak to daily -- didn't force her to hire MP's accountant ASAP.
The level of money fecklessness literally makes the hair on my arms stand up.

Reactions: 15
I remember that episode. Stephanie and Isabelle were completely alone at the chateau at the time. He came speeding up to the front of the chateau in his van. Lockdown had started that day., the pandemic was raging. They were not expecting anyone, no idea who he was. I think he just invited himself as he's an opportunist. They were both clearly shocked and very wary . I'm not surprised Stephanie was unfriendly towards Selmar.,I'm surprised she didn't call the gendarmes. 😱
They ( possibly just IJ ) had had correspondence with him online but he had disappeared ( as he was enroute to them and is not exactly computer savvy or proactive enough to stop and find wifi to check back in with them ) so he had been totally forgotten and then he just arrived at their door as lockdown started. I can imagine them being totally freaked out as why would anyone bother to come during a pandemic, yet somehow they decided that he was harmless enough and let him in. This was explained previously on the vlogs and spoken about here a few times in various threads .

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
The only thing that SJ cares for is attention, free gifts and money. I mean let's face it, she hasn't worked a day in her life. She gets everybody else at that dump to do everything for her. It's beyond cringe.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I doubt that their plans were canceled necessitating a rush to Brussels by Steppy. Purely business and signatures required for chateau paperwork, taxes etc. Seems very plausible that either Clara or her informant has fish to fry in stirring pots
Are Nic and Michael actually listed as directors in any of the businesses?

Reactions: 8
The charity sector is definitely booming and I agree abusing the volunteering system. With all the charities registered life should surely be a lot better than it is. Thanks to you and Hippi for the replies. Just another reason why that GAG should stop. If money is going to the charities, I doubt much of it is finding it's way down the line to those who actually need it.
Yes, absolutely. Life should indeed be a lot better.
But you can see how many middlemen there are between funders/donors and beneficiaries. And varying standards/protocols amongst charities etc.

It's highly debateable whether the charity/non-profit sector is as efficient as gvt/public services. Oversight is minimal at best. There is no national code for the employment and training of volunteers, no code of conduct or rights for volunteers as other countries have. There is though a 'compact' between gvt and big players in the sector.

I try and steer clear on here of the things I am really pissed off about. I don't want to belabour fellow Tattlers with my rants!!
But as I see it, in a phrase, GAG is utterly despicable on every level. Though not very much different from how the charity/non-profit sector operates in the UK. Why is it laudable to give a SA student money to study fashion (a notoriously un-eco-friendly, unsustainable industry) when many millions in Africa are living in abject poverty? It's all an ego thing. That sort of thing now happens, less overtly of course, under the 'compact'. Many people in need fall through the gaps and volunteers are exploited.

Reactions: 12
And that makes them so boring , especially for Tattler's as we know what they are up to !
I used to like to watch the Fleuries but its turned out to be a subtle begging video all the time , its like they think we are so stupid to notice! Rrrrrr
I really liked their channel so much until it just became all about recruiting for their patreon. Unlike many of you, I don't mind the existence of patreon accounts per se, let people who want to contribute and speed up the restoration process for entertainment purposes do it. Just don't shove it down my throat literally every episode and instagram post (I dont have a screen shot but they had some back to back patreon recruitment posts this week on their insta story).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Oh my, and she doesn't seem to have the most decent accountant either.
A good one would have told her from the start to keep separate accounts, makes life so much easier and the bill for the accountant cheaper.

She is paying him probably 300€per hour to sit next to her and watch her checking off payments, but so what? She can use different colours so it makes fun.
Also he should have told her right away what bills and receipts to have ready when he comes. Also he will send her a nice bill for coming at all, it's way cheaper to go to his office but foolish like she is she probably really chose the one from Billy and let's him come all the way just because she goes the most easy way. Sigh....
And I don't know about France but for a business this size with different co owners, each of them living in different countries and with all the different money revenues and charity status going on and even foreign countries and taxes involved you usually hire a bigger accountant company and they very often have their own little online program or at least can recommend some accounting software most suitable for your business ( and foolproof) Actually meeting might not even be necessary.
Somebody is getting paid alot for babysitting, what a waste of money! But, hey, talking about paying to make new friends, he was probably already at a costume party.
It’s not her money. What does she care! Love her comment they are 90% finished yet not one but two accountants are coming next week. IJ must be furious about the waste.

She is so patient. My house is of a similar age and I found those sort of wallpapers all over the house under plain ones, but steamed them all off. I do admire how she has salvaged them. We stripped all the old papers off and painted the walls in heritage colours which lifted the atmosphere.
I prefer a less gloomy look myself, as our house was reputedly haunted when I moved in. . We also got a medium to "move on" the ghost. She said was the man who had the house built. Whether you believe in ghosts or not, some houses have disturbances, and after she left, the house felt so much lighter and no more nocturnal footsteps and knockings. We were able to get a good night's sleep again. I used to laugh at people who believed in ghosts, until we moved into this house.
I have kept pieces of the wallpapers as a memento.
I do admire what this woman is doing but find her house a little too Gothic.
My house is built on native American land, ripped off 500 years ago by nicey nicey conquistador monks. Its kachina spirit has appeared. I don't believe in that stuff, but it happened.

• Heart
and one last thing-was Squirrel Nutkins sent away in order for her to deal with all of this without his Support Squirrel Skills because she needs to secure the partners okay to add him to her list of dependents and she didn’t want them to see it on the bottom line before she’d had a prep session with them regarding ”the accounts?”
Support Squirrel Skills🤣🤣🤣. He surely didn’t like being forced into her lie.

or did the patrons specifically pay for the equipment on the understanding that Selmar would get it. Then it is his, isn't it?
I have wondered this too… is it his?? IJ likely sorted out this cringe conversation. There was likely never any question…

This was explained previously on the vlogs and spoken about here a few times in various threads .
Wasn’t SSB on the phone with the glorious Brenda G (hi BG, I see your Tattle account is still active😉) when he arrived?

Reactions: 5
From the CD latest vlog...

She will NEVER answer you ! :ROFLMAO:

Alex
17 hours ago (edited)Im confused as to how you’re not a french citizen, can you elaborate on immigration and french bureaucracy?? Also: lock Cat in the dungeon, she can’t leave. Ever

Poor Lucy, if you knew ...!

Lucy B
20 hours agoI'm surprised Stephanie doesn't have french nationality. It would be easy for her to get as her mother is French. Then it would do away with the need for the carte de sejour which needs to be renewed....

• Haha
Reactions: 18
My house is built on native American land, ripped off 500 years ago by nicey nicey conquistador monks. Its kachina spirit has appeared. I don't believe in that stuff, but it happened.
I guess no one believes it until it happens to them

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.