The Chateau Diaries #70 Thank you for the little cockerel - it will do for now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The comfort factor - anything over priced, expensive is thrilling. Currently it's wallpeper. And then when she buys it, well, it gives her such joy, fulfilment, contentent. Until she sees something else she wants to buy, then the cycle starts again.
Had a colleague like it with clothes. She bought new clothes practically every single lunchtime! When I sked her once why, her reply was 'there's just so many nice things that make me feel better when I buy them'. She never wore 90% of it either. A cycle of buying, returning, buying, returning continued for years. It's an illness actually. Said colleague went to counselling. Didn't help her sadly. The bottom line she was unhappily married and couldn't see her way out. I wonder if SJ's materialistic obsession stems from childhood??
Based on what she has said about her childhood, it seems like she had a pretty lonely one (no siblings nor children her own age at the assisted living home). I suspect Daddy Jarvis tried to compensate for this by buying her many expensive and pretty things- hence, this is probably the root of her issue. Retail therapy, hoarding, and surrounding herself with people who fawn over her are like a drug to her. Mini Apron should have stepped in and been a mother for a change when Fanny was going through her 8-year depression, and dragged her to a mental health professional.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
sJ tried to stay away from the food but it was kindly brought to her! She didnt seem very enthusiastic!
Well, no one can stay happy happy all the time, so I'll give her a break there. But what I thought when I saw that was .... she was getting some of her own medicine, someone came into a room with a camera and stuck it in her face when she wasn't ready. I don't think she liked it .... just like we're seeing and hearing that others don't like it either when she does it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Mini Apron should have stepped in and been a mother for a change when Fanny was going through her 8-year depression, and dragged her to a mental health professional.
Yes, Mini Apron was doing her own grieving, I'll give her that, but to leave her only daughter to grieve by herself with no one else really around, that wasn't at all cool.

Reactions: 10
My fiancee and I just arrived at my parents' townhouse (where we usually spend our weekends) and were received with hors d'oeuvres and prosecco! They didn't tell us that they were hosting Shabbat dinner with a couple of friends!
Now we have to eat and drink some more! The party goes on! Have a fine weekend y'all!

dinner1.jpg
dinner2.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 29
alright have a bone to pick with you-how dare you pick on our designer dogs-if I want a LV dog or a Gucci dog I should be able to have one!
😂🤣🤣😂🤣

I do actually have one (had another but he passed away last year) and you’ve seen his goofy mug here but just so you feel guilty here he is again a few years back (basically he is a mutt but he is referred to as a goldendoodle)

View attachment 789698
He is ridiculously adorable!!! How can you ever say no to that face?!?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My fiancee and I just arrived at my parents' townhouse (where we usually spend our weekends) and were received with hors d'oeuvres and prosecco! They didn't tell us that they were hosting Shabbat dinner with a couple of friends!
Now we have to eat and drink some more! The party goes on! Have a fine weekend y'all!

View attachment 790575 View attachment 790576
What lovely glimpses of their home and your life!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I do so agree much creepier I wouldn’t want to be stuck in a van with him, now you’ve all got me watching Dan and Selmars videos to get a glimpse of behinds the scenes at lalande it makes for depressing and boring viewing 🤣
Dan, if you are reading this, please make a sign that says, "Free Candy", and tape it to Sillymar's van for us. Thank you!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
His name was Mr Marcos. His wife, Imelda is still alive (92) and may still have a few pairs. They did have a son but whether he inherited his father's indulgent habits, I do not know.
I still have 30 minutes before Shabbat! :LOL:
In 2019, my fiancee and I went to the Philippines. We visited the Marikina Shoe Museum where over 800 of Imelda Marcos' 3000 pairs of shoes are on display!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
ATTENTION! Looks like Teabeg just released a new video! Friday night snore fest? We’ll see! 😆
Alert!!!...Alert!!!...Alert!!!...Any upholsterers in here???...Billy is looking for someone to reupholster some sofas and you get to stay at their chateau for free as long as you like, take as long as you like to finish the job!!!

Poor Alexander...Michael was really giving him some tit on there...Billy was kind of going along with it but they both say they're just joking. I guess Alexander will be back in a month...they're moving his bedroom upstairs....

View attachment 790575 View attachment 790576
Have a relaxing Shabbat (hope that's an appropriate saying!) and we look forward to hearing from your fiancé while you're incommunicado with us!

Michael got his silver youtube plaque and he says he's thinking about relaunch of DIO and go back to doing renos and restorations on the chateau. He's still working on the cottage but he wants to go back to how it was in the beginning.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Awww...thanks for the offer of a ride but I'll probably just pass out on a bench in a dark corner.....
Speaking of.....where did you all go???? I came in my P.Js as suggested ( SO comfortable!), drank 2 cosmos, a bottle of wine and fell asleep under a table! Just crawled out....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Just watched MPK’s Narc Video. So much to untangle! Still giving crap to Alexander and he’s not even there! They say it’s all in good fun…but I don’t think so! And giving Alexander crap about the dust on the bed?? His clothes? And MPK was too good to touch his slippers! 🙄

I’m pretty shocked that the knowledgeable MPK has no idea that the sofa was made in Hickory, NC (North Carolina)! Which is a very well known fine-furniture manufacturing area in the US.

Loved the part where he said “no secrets here!” 😆😆😆. Nothing more to say!

Lots of references to SJ in this vlog…someone’s trying to get back in good graces?

Andrew has fallen off the face of the earth, apparently 😆

He had 100,000 subs within 4 weeks…17 months ago. And he ran his channel into the ground. Unbelievable….let’s celebrate with an award! 😆

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Someone was clogging on top of the table I was under????? Or was it a dream....?🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 15
My taste in party nibbles has gotten very narrow and eccentric. There aren't many things I waste calories on anymore -- not that it makes me any skinnier.
Next time I give a party all there will be to eat is chargrilled pineapple wedges, a tall pyramid of lemon garlic shrimp, Costco jalapeño poppers, salty thin and crispy oatmeal cookies, and these.
Happy Friday to all. Still standing! 🥳🥳🥳
Guava ice cream from the supermercado for the after party.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Erm how many is a normal amount of shoes? 😳
I can't comment- this T Rex owns many shoes. Many many many shoes. Heels, wedges, trainers, Sperry's, flip flops. Mr. T Rex finds this to be insanity, but we have separate walk-in closets, so he doesn't have to look at them every day. I wear a size 11 (42) shoe, and growing up, it was difficult to find cute shoes to fit my gargantuan feet- hence, my shoe obsession. ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I must be too far in my cups because I read @MojoDublin comments of tsunami as punami I guess I wont be able to switch my pumpkin beer for the delicious looking White Russians! I may end under the table not on top!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My Husband is always amazed at how I can buy new shoes, sandals & ankle boots when I have already have lots of them. Best not to count them and divulge is my advice. Let's keep it a secret !
You are my spirit animal!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Just watched Methrick's video ... the comment about there being a dead body in the suit case and "that must be where Andrew went" was pretty funny!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.