The Chateau Diaries #70 Thank you for the little cockerel - it will do for now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes : summer camps (centres aérés, colonies de vacances) are very good in France. The young people are very well entertained.

But once again, Antoine is not a resident and maybe doesn't really wants to play with kids he doesn't know when he spent all his school year in a boarding school.

PS : For Dan's kids, it's a different situation. They go (or will go) to the local French school and then, will be part of the local community.
French public education is the envy of the rest of the world (well, except for the veil thing, which we understand but don't kind of get. Laicite, yes, got it.....)
I Googled colonies de vacances, thank you for the French. And, robotiques for 12 year olds over the Toussaint holiday -- available, for a miracle, if not quite in Crozon Sur Vauvre. Couldn't find a way to Google by location.
Seriously, when the French are better than the rest of us, it's by about a million points.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
I‘ll be in all black-come join the dark side-it’s easy to get dressed here-we can sit in the back of the lounge and “observe” everyone
Save a spot for me on the couch! Hopefully young Heathcliffe will show up to serve drinks. We be the yentas on the Gossip Idiots' couch!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Sorry to go off topic @MojoDublin, but you appear to be the only person that the green hat actually fits & suits !!
Seriously

green is on my color wheel 😜
However
I prepared for this evening
I’m channeling this look 👀
As per invitation tiara as well

moneypenny called Tiffany and I’m borrowing this necklace

see you at the bar ….
😈
M
FBA264F0-2EB6-44B5-8DDA-1F71E33E8D11.jpeg
2CC33307-381C-47C0-96C2-8B25A6E41C1A.jpeg

He just flew over "the ranch" with a banner flying behind that said, "Hey, there Farts"!!! I am going to slug him in the arm tonight!!!! He didn't even land in the farm field behind my house to pick me up!!!!! But scared the hell out of my cats by flying so low!!!!
Mojo. Take away his jet and give him a car from the fleet, please!
Assigning your own jet 🛩
Ff sake - he said he was good to go back on service .

even in PJs .. I’d still club with you
0C55E9D3-68A8-4E5A-BC8F-7000E7A050E2.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Save a spot for me on the couch! Hopefully young Heathcliffe will show up to serve drinks. We be the yentas on the Gossip Idiots' couch!
I have organised highly qualified wait staff and party is for everyone - not just VIP's so @Heathcliffe gets a free pass along with everyone else. You have the password. See you there.

Can someone find out, or guess, how much Marie would have charged for doing the wedding? I appreciate my nose is far longer than it should be, but I would love to know.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don’t understand what this lifting ban is about. Sorry don’t know how to include original post.
welcome … we all had to start somewhere

select the post - you want to reply to
it has a Quote button - in Green

chose it -
And then type Below the [ ]
chosen piece

or select the prose as if you were going to copy - and the quote sign appears

hope that helps
😈

I lived in Washington DC for 50 years and retired west.
Thinking of moving out here, I thought of missing proximity to world class fine art, The Big Apple, and sidewalk life.
I never thought of missing Cafe Mozart and its delicious Oktoberfest menus.
Kind of crying now.
Ein, zwei, g'suffa.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
French public education is the envy of the rest of the world (well, except for the veil thing, which we understand but don't kind of get. Laicite, yes, got it.....)
Actually, that's very simple :

- In the French Republic schools (primary and secondary) : no signs of religion (cross, veil, kipa etc, etc) = laicité (the State is neutral and accept all religions in private).

- In the French Catholic schools (which are funded by the French State and whose teachers are paid by the French state) : you can wear what you want (cross, veil, kipa etc etc).

Every town, every city has at least one French Republique school (école publique) AND one Catholic school (école privée).

It's been that way since 1905 (State-Church Separation Law).

In some big cities, there are Jewish schools and now, some Muslim schools too (not a lot).

Please, don't ask for Protestant schools as the Protestants are a minority in France and go to the Catholic schools or the French Republic schools (where all religions are welcome but not practised).

:)

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I have organised highly qualified wait staff and party is for everyone - not just VIP's so @Heathcliffe gets a free pass along with everyone else. You have the password. See you there.

Can someone find out, or guess, how much Marie would have charged for doing the wedding? I appreciate my nose is far longer than it should be, but I would love to know.
last wedding for a friend her flowers were 3 grand … not a big venue

if she did church n tables I’d guess it was close to 2 k

Did see a flower bill for D n A … close to 5 k

think it’s up to the couple

• Wow
Yes cute kid….. but there’s a foreshadowing of his nostrils and his floppy lips that I just can’t stand!
Floppy lips!!!! I just couldn't think of the word I always want to use!!! Thanks. Great description.
You know they say our ears and noses get bigger as we age. In Snorts case I hope it isn't his wishy -washy, floppy mouth too.

Seriously

green is on my color wheel 😜
However
I prepared for this evening
I’m channeling this look 👀
As per invitation tiara as well

moneypenny called Tiffany and I’m borrowing this necklace

see you at the bar ….
😈
MView attachment 789777View attachment 789778

Assigning your own jet 🛩
Ff sake - he said he was good to go back on service .

even in PJs .. I’d still club with you
View attachment 789788
PJs!!!!! yes!!!! Good thinking as always!!! And SO comfortable on the flight over!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Well tit! He was a cute baby.
Perhaps, but for any of you thinking PJ is in the ‘clutches’ of SJ, take a look at his self promoting hashtags!
There”s a bloke who is covering his social media exposure bases. I had a good chuckle at them. #MaleModel and even the plural #MaleModels
He’s a very nice young man in my opinion, but he‘s ambitious and he knows exactly what he wants and where he’s heading.
4FF8DC7C-5077-4AF1-86DF-064B7495E613.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
I appreciate my nose is far longer than it should be, but I would love to know.
Not as long as Teabag's ... his nose, I mean ...

Perhaps, but for any of you thinking PJ is in the ‘clutches’ of SJ, take a look at his self promoting hashtags!
There”s a bloke who is covering his social media exposure bases. I had a good chuckle at them. #MaleModel and even the plural #MaleModels
He’s a very nice young man in my opinion, but he‘s ambitious and he knows exactly what he wants and where he’s heading.
View attachment 789818
He forgot #mauviette

• Haha
I do so agree much creepier I wouldn’t want to be stuck in a van with him, now you’ve all got me watching Dan and Selmars videos to get a glimpse of behinds the scenes at lalande it makes for depressing and boring viewing 🤣
Have to give it to Steffie, she's expert at pulling focus so we never notice the hovel muck and mess that she lives in.
That would drive me berserk.
I much prefer Dan's and Selmar's vlogs for their honesty in this respect.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
View attachment 789818
The opera singer at the chateau has a similar Iliad of hash tags.
#hollandsnexttopmodel not among them.
Thinking of the boy band video in which PJ disappears from the stage, to be replaced by another kid, in the middle of the performance.
I respectfully submit he is in the clutches of delusion, possibly fostered by his doting mutti -- both of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
In the UK, you can legally pick wild flowers,bit only one or two stems from each plant. as long as you do not destroy or damage the plant so it can't grow again. You must never uproot a wild plant, unless you are weeding your own garden of course.
Haworth is a strange choice for her business Its very busy with tourists in spring and summer, but almost deserted in winter, apart from Christmas. It's also very small. The weather is dreadful in winter. She will freeze if she's not used to it. I lived in a couple of the villages around there when I left Haworth, (Queensbury, Hebden Bridge) and we used to get cut off by snow frequently. Haworth just goes really quiet when the winter comes. Quite bleak. Maybe she can get contracts with hotels, restaurants and cafes in the area. Keighley is a fairly deprived town,but you might get work. Try Hebden Bridge, Marie. That style of floristry would go down well there. All these tips we give her eh!
Tattler expertise again! 🥇

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just leaving a few bits about the couple behind the Shiatsu Farm. Not only are they deeply soulful and all that guff but the wife seems to be part of something which sounds a bit like a cult.

They also take in volunteers.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.