The Chateau Diaries #70 Thank you for the little cockerel - it will do for now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She'll be asking for dog kennels next, I cant imagine Armoir's dogs being welcome inside, as Baghead is allergic
But if Baghead is allergic to dogs, why has Marie just bought one? What are her motives? 👀👀

Good marketing on her behalf. It is one big happy family at Lalaland afterall, but how difficult has she made it to evict, say goodbye to, Selmar. I have the popcorn ready to see how that unfolds.
If Isabelle had been in residence I'm sure Selmar would have been evicted by now. Marie would have left much sooner. She's a formidable woman and would have no problems evicting people I feel. I wonder what she makes of Philip?

They look dead...dried out weeds.
Marie won't be able to forage much longer, as the weather is changing here in England and things are dying back. Instead of "Wilted Weeds" she'll have to be marketing
"Dead Stalk Bouquets" . She'll be lucky to find anything to forage when she moves to Haworth next week. Sorry Marie, it's boggy moorland! I grew up there so I know it well. . Even in summer there's only really heather and bilberries. At this time of year the heather is burnt back to make more green shoots ( grazing for the sheep🐑🐑 🐑) . Its sheep farming country. Acid soils and peat bogs. You don't get the same variety of flowers and foliage you get in the meadowlands of the South. I can see a new style for Marie "Heather and Bilberry" posies. A bilberry is a native type of wild dwarf blueberry found on moorland for anyone whose never heard of it. Prolific in the area. Don't mistake it for the crowberry with the frondy leaves if you're going to eat it Marie. They are edible too but quite tasteless. Oval leaves bilberry, frondy leaves crowberry Marie.

Sorry...I don't know who he is...:oops:
He's the curtain man.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I agree, Antoine was bored out of his nut, and Selmar was the only person doing anything remotely interesting to a pre teen boy. Jeez. My prediction is Antoine will get some bro time on the digger with Dan, and perhaps Amaury -- his rival in the inheritance sweepstakes -- will start to teach him how to make shutters. There's plenty to keep Antoine amused if the older guys feel like being generous. Why wouldn't Marie have organized local companions for basketball and kid life or something, I can't begin to understand.
Have you Google mapped Lalande and Crozon sur Vauvres ?
It's the deep rural France with maybe 500 inhabitants maximum.
Famlies with teenagers must not be the majority.
As for basket-ball... it's the country side.. ..

• Heart
Reactions: 16
yup! I fast forwarded the long gate building, though happened to watch the fast mo of him sawing, which was super funny to watch! Then I watched the part with Tat in it, and I skip the tango lesson. Tat has her work cut out if she stays ....

of all of her vlogging styles, I'm liking this one the best ... I doubt it will make her a famous influencer, but it's better than anything prior to this.
I never thought I'd say it but I'm enjoying her new style. This new editor is very good. I hope she stays away from the whingy emotional self therapy she used to indulge in and the boring Success Stories.

Reactions: 9
I never thought I'd say it but I'm enjoying her new style. This new editor is very good. I hope she stays away from the whingy emotional self therapy she used to indulge in and the boring Success Stories.
Fair play to her she is doing some work now and it looks decent.

Reactions: 11
I think that Antoine is probably quite pleased to be spending his school holidays in a chateau. It would have been a childhood dream come true for me as a kid. Those turrets and attics and the woods. He could always invite a couple of his schoolfriends? I'm sure Auntie Stephanie would love that.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I watched the Christie's vlog and when she started going on about buying a chateau at 29 blah blah, I lost all interest so moved to second one. I became so bored I abandoned that too. This is only the second CD vlog I have not finished. But the novelty is wearing thin as increasingly the vlogs are just not working. There is no immediacy, no real idea of what is going on. I have never watched GAG or the Sunday one unless it is something of interest and now even Tuesday and Thursday ones are not up to scratch. Yet, she is pleasing a lot of people because 32.000 euros a month is being thrown at her. I cannot figure out why anymore.
Same here, as soon as she announced her self appointed title - it was a walk down memory lane, I had to fast forward. then move on to the second vlog of equally painful indulgence. It is not jealousy to say it is all hype and no substance, it is decency to keep this expensive tripe promotion at bay. Then I noticed DIO had to comment - what he wants to see in a vlog. As opposed tothe others vlogs? Might be the only way he can communicate with is ex handbag at his stage. Of course he loves it - he is trying to live in an antique emporium. Evening all!

Sorry...I don't know who he is...:oops:
The tick dick guy

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Watched Sillymar's vlog. I do like Tity Yana. I wish Sillymar would just let the natural silence be, it's like he's trying to fill out the dead air in his vlogs with his comments, they are annoying and not necessary! I also found it odd - like everyone else - that SJ drones on and on about how she loves to come down to the kitchen and eat with the volunteers asking how everybody's day has been, but in Sillymar's vlog she is nowhere to be seen. So much for Life, Love & Laughter. Can't be bothered when none of your favourites are around. 🙄

• Heart
And now I've made it to Selmar's video- WTF am I even watching? Bless Tatyana's heart (RUN, girl, RUN!!! Please grab Diesel as well- he needs some love!) Is it just me or has Sillymar gotten creepier? Oh no, there is more awkward tango- my night could not have gotten better.
Just got there myself and all these vlogs at once. Am I going deaf? I couldn't hear a bloody word any of them said. So I just looked at the pictures. Selmar appears to be cocking his leg over any woodwork he could saw-fondle. Tatty in the gross kitchen made a nice meal. Then I paused the whole dreary thing to get a wine. I knew the tango in the dark session was starting up by the music. Do you think he has worked out yet this is NOT a good promo for his dance academy idea? People holding each other upright to slow music? Fini - the wine helped. Moving on to Dan...

it’s 9:22 in the morning..
sassy 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Just watched Dan's vlog, this one is next...AFTER I catch up here!

Supposedly there is a male ghost, Henri, who doesn't haunt so much as linger...I hope it's true...I love the idea of Henri...
I wish our ghost had been as helpful and quiet as Henri. Ours used to knock on our bedroom door every morning at 4.30am!
We found out from the medium that he had been the factory manager. Our house is in the factory grounds and the manager used to live in it. Shifts started early in the 19th century evidently 😂. He even shook my husband awake one morning, and pulled the duvet off us. We watched it being thrown to the floor. That was the day we looked for a medium. We had managed for years with earplugs to muffle the knocking and the footsteps, but this was going to far.
When ever we had workmen or decorators in the house, their equipment would be thrown around the room during the night. When the medium entered the house all the lights flashed on and off, the TV turned itself on as did a radio.
I only saw him once, that was the day I bought the house after renting it for 3 years. He was standing behind me and I could see his reflection in the French window. He had a black labrador. A friend staying one weekend saw him too, coming down the attic stairs with a dog.

• Wow
  • Heart
Did anyone get a look at all those EXPENSIVE shoes in her closet when she dressed up for Gatsby night? And honestly I seriously doubt she ever had any opera career. She seems clueless when anyone discussed one.
Yes, I noticed the hundreds of shoes. Obscene.
And she's got no shame to film it as if every woman had the same in their cupboards !

• Wow
Dare I say it???...I'm really starting to warm up to Edd....
The kind of warming up where a blow torch is involved?

I think that I’ve made it clear here that I’m not the biggest fan of MW, or rather the manner of how she has set herself up. I have watched her latest flog and am impressed with her florals. It didn’t seem like a huge order but she appeared very organized, focused and had quite a variety of beautiful flowers. The flog was also put together nicely with lovely music! I’ll even say that I like her sunglasses🤭. So that it is, I am flexible (as it turns out). Except I’m still not a fan, so don’t worry… ‘k talkin’ to me-self now.
Gawd, just when I thought I had caught up - my little flower has a new vlog? Back soon - in the evening light @HalcyonOrganic

• Haha
Yes, I noticed the hundreds of shoes. Obscene.
And she's got no shame to film it as if every woman had the same in their cupboards !
Noticed the newer shoes were not exactly designer nor high quality. Again she is definitely still shopping but Snorts must have convinced her to stop showing the binges.

Many of these people who bought crumbling chateaux make a huge thing out of the word chatelaine, and their soirees are almost always a version of a Downton Abbey event. Even Lalande's Friday dinner with B&B guests SJ makes it out to sound like some sort of aristocratic house party! I roll my eyes whenever she says, "It's time get dressed for tonight's dinner." OK there, Lady Mary! :rolleyes:
For the French, to call someone Châtelaine or Châtelain (for a man) is far from being a compliment !
Rather a mockery said with à lot of irony and a hint of contempt 😅

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
There is no inheritance sweepstakes. At thissbue will point no one wants that dump and are probably afraid of getting stuck with it!
I think Stephanie will sell it. Why would she leave it to a cousin? Or the stepson of a part owner? She is more likely to leave it to any future life partner

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I think that I’ve made it clear here that I’m not the biggest fan of MW, or rather the manner of how she has set herself up. I have watched her latest flog and am impressed with her florals. It didn’t seem like a huge order but she appeared very organized, focused and had quite a variety of beautiful flowers. The flog was also put together nicely with lovely music! I’ll even say that I like her sunglasses🤭. So that it is, I am flexible (as it turns out). Except I’m still not a fan, so don’t worry… ‘k talkin’ to me-self now.
The florals are an improvement on the wilted blooms from the UK. I thought this might be from her latest UK adventures but it is the wedding she did in France and more driving. More mirror gazing with phone and it is a good edit from Mack the knife. I think the next vlog from the UK and her collab with the dinner should be more revealing. All in all I did not scream at the screen. What can I say? At least she is working!

• Heart
  • Haha
I don't think she knows much about France ...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.