The Chateau Diaries #70 Thank you for the little cockerel - it will do for now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tatyanna's food looked delicious! I love Emilio telling Selmar he should be encouraging to Tatyanna!! :) Wish he was sticking around!
I think Emilio had a little crush on Tatti- he did, after all, peel garlic for her. Me, "Hey bae, come peel this garlic for me..." "Oh, but my Call of Duty Peeps are on right now- too busy- BTW, the dogs are barking- you might want to let them out." Emilio can come live here at Casa de T Rex- it's fine. I need someone to wash dishes as I cook, let the hell-hound Chihuahuas out and organize my closet.

Dare I say it???...I'm really starting to warm up to Edd....
No, dammit, you're drunk! Go home!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Said as if a ‘chatelaine’ is even a thing anymore.
Many of these people who bought crumbling chateaux make a huge thing out of the word chatelaine, and their soirees are almost always a version of a Downton Abbey event. Even Lalande's Friday dinner with B&B guests SJ makes it out to sound like some sort of aristocratic house party! I roll my eyes whenever she says, "It's time get dressed for tonight's dinner." OK there, Lady Mary! :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
“I bought, I bought, I bought…” no mention of her father going with her here and fancy there or to Christie’s…
She meant to say, I used my allowance to purchase, or my Dad let me give them his credit card, or blew my inheritance on….. also when she talks about buying a chateau at only 29, she really should say, I sold my home my parents gifted me and got this instead. Also, I suspect a lot of the furniture in that place belonged to her parents who started investing in it and we’re going to live there some of the time (thus the fussy old lady vibe) So basically, she tries to look self-made and couldn’t be further from that. That’s the kind of bullshit talk wannabes use at dinner parties to make themselves look more important than they are. I guess she’s started believing her own bullshit. I don’t know how in the world someone can take such satisfaction from a gift. A gift she couldn’t even take care of. Who the hell spends their inheritance on curtains? Show me something you built or made or created and then I might be impressed. The girl is a poser.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
You are not Phoenix!
Go away demon! the power of christ compels you! ✝✝✝

So.. I have started to use Selmar's videos as actual ASMR, and I have to say, they are quite nice if you look at them like that. the slow pace, quiet sounds, green nature, and good feelings. Somehow I actually enjoyed watching him prep the wood and make the gate... same for Tatty's cooking. Such a sweet intimate setting, with no snorting or hysterical laughing or any sort of annoyance.

Good for you Selmar! I'm also happy that he is getting side jobs outside of la la land...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
I think Emilio had a little crush on Tatti- he did, after all, peel garlic for her. Me, "Hey bae, come peel this garlic for me..." "Oh, but my Call of Duty Peeps are on right now- too busy- BTW, the dogs are barking- you might want to let them out." Emilio can come live here at Casa de T Rex- it's fine. I need someone to wash dishes as I cook, let the hell-hound Chihuahuas out and organize my closet.

No, dammit, you're drunk! Go home!
I wish!!!!

What has happened to you?!! Bleach your eyes quickly!
But...but...but...he was so PERSONABLE in his latest vlog!!!!!:cry:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Ghostbusters?... :unsure:

Or better yet... my boys, Sam and Dean

View attachment 789111
Oooooooooooo!!!...YES, please!!!!!

I'm Jewish, we don't absolve, we atone. But we only atone for sin. It is no sin to fall in love, especially with BJJ. 🥴 :LOL: ✌

:sick:
Well, I don't need atonement (is that a thing???...LOL) but I'd need a barf bag if I even THOUGHT that I had a mild CRUSH on that bambino!!!!!

I think I'd better send you a case of barf bags...maybe you can puke him out of your system....

• Haha
Reactions: 13
How much are mattresses in France? 17,000 for two mattresses?

I would also like to know if Selmar got $13000 in carpentry materialS and tools? Or if was meant to be the chateau's.... And if so, why does Amaury need all his tools as wouldn't some be repeated? 13,000 in carpentry tools is a lot, no?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
We have a kind of neighborhood watch in our community and someone just posted that a stray goat showed up in their yard....should I maybe go visit and whisper "Ryan???" in his ear to see if it's him???....But, no, how would he have gotten here from Thailand???

Actually, looking at the pictures, he's too handsome to be Ryan....

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm Jewish, we don't absolve, we atone. But we only atone for sin. It is no sin to fall in love, especially with Support Squirrel. 🥴 :LOL: ✌

:sick:
Oooooooooooo!!!...YES, please!!!!!

Well, I don't need atonement (is that a thing???...LOL) but I'd need a barf bag if I even THOUGHT that I had a mild CRUSH on that bambino!!!!!

I think I'd better send you a case of barf bags...maybe you can puke him out of your system....
Well.. in my semi-professional opinion (I did watch15 seasons of Supernatural), you both just need a good ol' exorcism!
And we'll be fine and dandy in time for our morning hot chocolate, made in Louis the something's silver pot...

• Haha
Well.. in my semi-professional opinion (I did watch15 seasons of Supernatural), you both just need a good ol' exorcism!
And we'll be fine and dandy in time for our morning hot chocolate, made in Louis the something's silver pot...
Or, as Stephanie pronounces it "haute chocolate"...

lets-drink-hot-cocoa-and-watch-movies.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
MAYBE HE TOUCHED IT

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
So did we see part of the new intro there? No Marie included, or did I miss her? I actually like her vignette now when she explained her choices. There's a recurrent theme, she stuck to her taste, (obviously the "châtelaine" is the Leitmotiv) , and she was not scared to risk ridicule by showing up in a nighty. They got what they asked for and she was the enthusiastic moderator we all fell in love with.... 😉 😘😘😘 I wonder if she uses some eye drops? And was this Phils present bag she immortalised now? And last important question : were those her shoes she brought with her or Jill's? Need to know urgently...

And to all the superfans: Who is jealous? You are jealous! If your lifechats would be open end you would spend hours chatting there, too!

Reactions: 8
He's certainly much pleasanter on the new Chateau DIY series. I started to like him too. 🤣. My husband never watches it, just not his kind of thing at all, but he caught the scene with Edd, Anna and the wine cellar. He asks me how the wine cave is going. He was impressed by Edd's transformation. 😁🍷🍷🍷

• Wow
Reactions: 4
My take away from MP's patreon video ... Ma Petrick has been in France about 11 years, and had a vacations home there for over 25 year .... and she needs Mo to negotiate the price of the royal family print ... she hasn't even learned enough French to do that?
That's nothing out of the ordinary I'm afraid. We've been here full time for 14 years and it's been 14 years of a long hard slog to learn the language. It's not easy and certainly will not happen overnight. I'd never say I was fluent as there will alway be something to catch me out but I think we're pretty damn good. The bottom line is you've got to 'want to learn' if you don't you won't and there are a lot here that fall into that category.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.