Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MojoDublin

VIP Member
🧵🧵🧵🔁🔁🔁
something that has been niggling me for some time has been the 2 different figures that are listed on his patreon page for patron numbers.. If you put michael petherick into the search bar 2 option are in a drop down menu. If you click on all results you will see 462 patrons recorded if you click on the other option 523
I now believe the lower figure to be correct as I think it is patrons who cancelled their dd but did not cancel their patron so they are still members but with no access to vligs etc. I am thinking as yearly subscribers such as**********
who are leaving this figure will drop further.
He lost 50 subscribers this month.
Anyone can adjust their subscription to $1 per month for any creator so if you feel you can nolonger justify a larger amount you can still have access to all the material for $1!

Reactions: 30

HalcyonOrganic

VIP Member
Oktoberfest theme Party at la Lande!

Dresscode: as usual, just wear any kind of clothes that completely miss the party‘s theme..

• Haha
  • Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Dan’s vlog tonight is shining a bright light on the deplorable state of SJ’s heating system, with basically all the radiators leaking because of rust. Instead of finding a quick and permanent solution with winter not far off, they chose to just take of the radiators and wait till someone comes up with a better idea. So typical. Luckily SJ prefers her state of the art shit show in winter to only be 11C, so for now that should not be too big of a problem. I guess looking forward has never been their strong suit. Do we feel another fundraiser coming up???
Also: Dan's footage of their dishwashing kitchen clearly shows how dirty the place is...

• Haha
  • Heart

Pno

VIP Member
Work is getting in the way of my Tattle time! I have read madly and have finally caught up ... and I was caught up at the end of the day 2 days ago!! Anyway, enough about me!

Thoughts from the last thread:
@Beau Monde Bunbalina is a most excellent name for Mr. Amaury!

I believe it was @lolander's post on page 50 of the last thread that really is probably the worst thing I see SJ doing right now as a narc, and that is using PJ. I know he's irritating and snorts, but he's a young man (my son is his age, so that makes me more sensitive to his situation), he's naïve in the ways of narcs and boundaries, and he's being used in a deplorable way by SJ. She's all flattery with him right now to keep him all adoring of her and feeding her narcishness, but we know that he's only going to get very very hurt by that. She's set him up for a huge huge fall. If I were his parents I would be rushing down to get him out of there. He needs to leave there for his own mental safety.

And I agree, Nick Larkin has been quite strong and wise in putting the bag on his head and sticking to his own boundaries with SJ on being filmed. That's really quite something to have stuck to it, when she mocks and tries to wear people down. Obviously the man needs to completely break ties with her, and if I were him and Marie I'd be wanting to be bought out of there so I could get my own vacation home where there isn't so much chaos all the time. The peacefulness of the the rural French life-style is absolutely why I would go there, and SJ has completely ruined that at Lalande with too many construction projects at one time that are no where near completion, not to mention the camera in everyones' face, and the the ridiculous loud party atmosphere ... ugh, she's just ruined what would be good about Lalande. And Nick obviously has wisdom and good taste, marrying someone like Marie, who has more class than any of the rest of the women that have come through Lalande. I'd like to hope that he is seeing how badly he needs to break ties.

If I was smart, I'd have made this into 3 different posts to get my post numbers up to compete in the VIP race ... but alas, I am just not that competitive!
Maybe BJJ’s parents and grandmother are not happy about this May/December ‘relationship’ and that is why they are not filmed and fetched the car. They can see that his spending is out of control and what parent wants their child to do a second gap year to go party and shop with someone old enough to be his mother? Plus FRK is a prime example of when SJ turns off the sunshine spigot and leaves you in the cold. I would be so worried if I was his mother. Then again I wouldn’t have raised such a snorting weasel, I mean squirrel 🐿!

• Heart
My great uncles were in grandad’s bedroom, going through his clothing , at the wake!!
People astound me sometimes. When my ex was dying of cancer my kids took him to clear out his house so he could move in with me and my daughters. His brother made my son so mad that my son almost hit him. John was going though Jim’s clothes and fishing poles and saying “I gave you this so I want it back”. The nerve of some people!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
My fiancee and I just arrived at my parents' townhouse (where we usually spend our weekends) and were received with hors d'oeuvres and prosecco! They didn't tell us that they were hosting Shabbat dinner with a couple of friends!
Now we have to eat and drink some more! The party goes on! Have a fine weekend y'all!

dinner1.jpg
dinner2.jpg

• Heart
I found the Fleuries' Sunday effort Philipp at his worst talking head douche performance -- repairing his camera to prove either how poor they are or how thrifty. Interspersed with Anna making a foraged blackberry crumble, corroborating the point perhaps. :sleep::sleep::sleep:
Dan's slice of life videos, with chickens wandering in and out, little boys helping to shovel rubble into the concrete form, the relaxed party for Kirsty, way better.
But the Fleuries don't have what Dan and SJ have, this large cast of characters.
Interesting problem. No money for resto, no video?
All those vlogs are not real vlogs about real life anymore..they are all staged ...to grift...they all work differently ...but the outcome is the same..

• Heart

MojoDublin

VIP Member
Reply’s on patron 😈

I would love for you to use the start of the month update next week to give us a proper run down of all the ongoing jobs. In previous updates you used a spread sheet to track progress of the different goals. I find when you run around to each person entertaining but some things do get lost or missed in that format so I would love you to also give an update on things not currently being worked on e.g the lake , the kitchen / butlers pantry bench, shutter dogs, insulating the attic, selmas parking space and the woods. In previous start of the months you then gave us a copy of the notes or spreadsheet you used to prepare this information for us. Would love to see this brought back to compliment the current style.

🧵🧵
I sympathise Stephanie! I’m procrastinating over doing my annual taxes as I’ll need to sort my transactions for my accountant! Today’s the day for me too. Perhaps this is another form of the #metoo movement?

🔁🔁
The elusive Nick hasn't made a entrance in so long. Also would love to hear what Mummy, Nick and Michael feel about the positive changes happening at Lalande. I love the channel and look forward to all of the progress I see happening. I look forward to visiting one day and swimming in the lake, the pool and the natural pool
🔁🔁
Love the choice of wallpaper. I don't think it will be too bird-y. Hopefully people don't go crazy sending you bird themed gifts now. Excited that Phillip is on his way to becoming a world famous actor. We can all day we knew him when he set tables for a living!
😈

• Haha
  • Wow

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
I am feeling more and more that SJ isn't all happy, smiley when she is off camera and not controlling the show.
Probably bitchy and sullen unless she gets her way and this is getting worse as the years go by.
So true. She's getting more and more nervous about losing control over her "empire" and who to trust and who not to trust. Up until now all it took her in the morning was to put some make up on and smile, but things seem to have changed overnight and it's much harder for her to keep the facade from collapsing, like the actual one on her HMN.

• Heart

MojoDublin

VIP Member
Agenda
Agents turn off all devices 😈
Whom gets off with whom … vital
Intel report to me later 😈

SSB
How will she cover the bank account amassing in ONE Callander year
720 k

what have THEY as directors decided will be the true restoration - now that geo thermal is fucked

when will the facade be re - plastered
Dan has done 2 whole buildings

moving forward they NEED to hire a full time chef 👩‍🍳
As most patrons are on what’s app chatting … Nutti has zero availability for stays …
And their almost top tier patrons
Thursday- Sunday dosent leave enough availability

also in patron chat 💬
SSB has zero interest in restoring anything
Ian is modernising the farmhouse
It’s not restoration
Bitterly disappointed in lack of use of the greenhouse
Gardens were …. Left to insta pics
( the gardening fraternity are NzoT impressed- felt it was lead by SSB lack of interest )

general feeling - it’s a party pad
But lacks facilities

Have I mentioned winter is coming

definate in their resolve - they want to see the accounts - and the associated spend …..rumble in the forest

please note 📝 ….
Chapel fella has to be replaced
As SSB has the cash to pay for it to be restored 👀
Not wait another year for free ……

• Heart

CountessPompidoo

VIP Member
Just watched Kirstie. What a lovely, down to earth lady. And she knows her vegetables and gardening. Oh and sheep and animals in general. Seems very knowledgable and sensible and clued up on her surroundings. Always planning ahead, foraging, harvesting, freezing, storing, cooking. The complete opposite of SJ. All that knowledge at her feet, and SJ never seems to want to reap, literally, what she asks Dan & Kirstie to sow. Baffling 🤷‍♀️

• Heart

LaFrancaise123

VIP Member
The new vlog has not even started and then, among the 10 first comments these beauties :

Over 60, Now What?
8 minutes agooh, i like the restoring videos, im getting tired of all the other video taking over, its become like watching a bunch of over-indulged Hollywood elites anymore...

Line Dallaire
33 minutes agoOh la la Canada is waiting 😍... you gave 2 thumbs down.... the show has not even started yet ....

Evelyn McElroyEvelyn McElroy
12 minutes agoLine, that is one of the soulless people who are so jealous of Stephanie that they spend literally hours per week watching and writing about her, filled with venom.

And this :

Peg Peg
11 minutes agoWhy doesn't she create a different channel for her adventures away from the chateau and keep the chateau diaries channel just for things going on at the chateau?

Over 60, Now What?
15 minutes agoi agree, i enjoy the restoring part...not this

Peg Peg
5 minutes ago
@Over 60, Now What? We rarely see the restoration being done at the chateau now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Seeingitasitis

VIP Member
Nobody asked but I am on the Phil and Angelina Ballerina warpath this evening. I had forgotten them, but they raised their unpleasant heads. Phil: He's rude, arrogant, intimidating and lazy. He is the most bad tempered man you'll ever meet. He's like a man with a fork in a world of soup.

MPK - I won't waste my time watching his vlog. I am tired of his delusions of adequacy.

• Heart
  • Haha

oooLaLande

VIP Member
Espe
VIP Member

Today at 5:14 AM
I wonder if Tatty is paying for accommodation/food or is she getting it in exchange for volunteering or giving SJ advice about staging events/re-enactments?! By not vetting prospective volunteers and other hangers on and so not finding out just how skilled/useful/psychologically fit they are, she creates millstones round her own neck. Did she research into Selmar's skills/usefulness before he came? That goes for many others too. Then she can't get rid of them for ages. In a way, they are taking her for a ride just as she uses others for her own needs. It seems anyone could tell her anything they make up about their talents/skills and what they pretend to have done in the past and she'd take it all as being true. Maybe it's because she, herself, is economical with the truth and unstable, and sees herself as some shining star that she is decidedly not! Nic may realise what's happening but he does not appear to bother to do anything about it. I bet his Marie could see through all these hangers on were she to vet them before they arrive.
I wonder what is the process for accepting volunteers anyway...
I recall one of the volunteers (can't remember who for the life of me) saying that they email Natti and said something like I am available for work and she said something between the lines of "great! when can you start?"
Is there an interview process? Do they have resumes or any reference check in place?

I would be horrified to just let any random person into my home just because they know how to scrub a dirty pot!

• Haha
  • Wow

Dippy Hippy

VIP Member
I am always astounded at how much 'charity' and 'volunteering' goes on in England. Most of these charities pay large salaries to their top tier staff. Is it an acceptable way of grifting? Getting people volunteering under the auspice of charity. I just don't get the concept of all these charities in such a 'first world/rich' country.
Because the government won't give any subsidies for most of the work the charities cover and they have to rely on fundraising and donations and volunteers.
I absolutely agree with your point re the large salaries the top tier staff get . It's the same with large companies isn't it though ? I guess to attract top managers you have to pay top wages? It depends on your level of responsibility like any other organisation. They do seem to get over inflated salaries though.
One of my sons is a fundraiser. He worked for various charities ,but he didn't get the high salaries . He now fundraises for an educational institution and his talents are rewarded with better pay.
In defence of volunteering it is something that a lot of English people do when they retire, as who wants to just sit at home doing nothing?. I used to work in the mental health services and many of our clients, during recovery, used to get voluntary jobs to get them used to returning to the work setting. Other people who perhaps have no family, volunteer to meet people. Students do voluntary work to learn skills. Many small niche charities, that would not qualify for government funding, do amazing work such as Bat rescue, hedgehog hospitals, donkey sanctuaries. We have volunteer hospital visitors, pet therapy in hospitals. Our churches do a lot to welcome asylum seekers. Money isn't always everything. If we all sat back and expected pay for doing something for our communities, the world would be a poorer place in my opinion .
My grandmother made me laugh. She used to volunteer with a charity where she befriended a couple of elderly people, doing their shopping, chatting to them every day, a friendly face, that sort of thing. She told me how sorry she felt for "these poor old folk". She was at the time 92 years old. The poor "old dears" were in their 80s.😁

Last edited:
  • Heart

KiKiGee

VIP Member
New guest checking in at Lalande. Kent Tisher, a family doc and an opera singer...lives in beautiful eastern Ontario.
He chose to post himself upside down.

15877448_624748527713213_7243085293820051456_a.jpg

242804208_590879525273017_2327263498083155130_n.jpg

kenttisher
I made it…
#vacation #chateau #chateaudelalande @chateaudelalande
4h

Patty Martens has also arrived and will be staying until October 5th. She goes by martens.patty on IG. Notice, she has changed her YT user name. Why Patty??? Below was a post on Wendyhouse50's IG.

martens.patty's profile picture

martens.patty
Hi Wendy. I'll be at Lalande next week. sorry I missed you. I love your felt work. Thank you for posting your beautiful photos.
1w

From the CD live chat 9/13
MsPmartens @Celeste R - maybe our paths will cross. I leave Oct 5.

From the CD live chat 9/28
1633031797770.png

Patty Martens hi @jetje goes Dutch I'm watching from Lalande.

Neil Hartley @Patty Martens glad you made it there safely

Patty Martens thanks Neil.

Patty Martens it was an epic journey to get here.

Patty Martens goodnight from lalande

🤭
1633031413421.png

• Haha