The Chateau Diaries #70 Thank you for the little cockerel - it will do for now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I imagine there's nothing: no application form or CVs required; no proper interviews; no references, no security checks. It's probably just Natti saying Yes to everyone. When that couple arrived and she immediately made them cook for everyone including people with different allergies, she could have had no knowledge of how skilled they were at cooking or what they knew about cooking for people with special dietary requirements. They could have killed someone but as long as none of the residents needed to cook, that would be fine. They take enormous risks with health and safety when they take on volunteers without an in-depth check.

I see the mystery person in Dan's vlog is a new female volunteer.
I can confirm your suspicions: there is nothing and literally everyone can come and join in the madness. SJ implemented one rule after the incident with the homophobic woman, who brought her daughter and father in law along, which in SJ's assessment of the situation made it impossible to throw them out. Same thing happened when the Nordic Weirdo workawayer brought a friend when they came to the shittoo and SJ wanted Weirdo in her bed, but the friend was impossible to keep around due to bad behavior. But she found a way to get rid of the friend anyway by demanding Nordic Weirdo to take care of that.

So, the one rule she now enforces is that no families or otherwise closely connected groups of people are allowed to come and work her tit. But that's basically it, no vetting, no background checks, no NDA to sign, just join in the magic whatever way you like with whatever you bring to the party. I suspect it's part of what she is so thrilled about anyway: the prospect of possible drama to keep boredom submerged.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
accountant is coming - and then coming back with 2 more - as it’s very confusing doing accounts
Got to laugh at the situation. The accountant is coming with back-up because SJ fecked up her numbers. :LOL:
Doing her accounting is not a mammoth task, it is Sisyphean! and anyone who continues to do it, should be awarded the Nobel Prize in Mathematics.

Exposé.png

How close she came to putting the elusive one on camera.... (And he's fine with it???)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I wouldn't say everyone. Certain people were clearly missing, which indeed made it lovely :)
Selma and Tatty not there. It’s not a week end so they should be around. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I can confirm your suspicions: there is nothing and literally everyone can come and join in the madness. SJ implemented one rule after the incident with the homophobic woman, who brought her daughter and father in law along, which in SJ's assessment of the situation made it impossible to throw them out. Same thing happened when the Nordic Weirdo workawayer brought a friend when they came to the shittoo and SJ wanted Weirdo in her bed, but the friend was impossible to keep around due to bad behavior. But she found a way to get rid of the friend anyway by demanding Nordic Weirdo to take care of that.

So, the one rule she now enforces is that no families or otherwise closely connected groups of people are allowed to come and work her tit. But that's basically it, no vetting, no background checks, no NDA to sign, just join in the magic whatever way you like with whatever you bring to the party. I suspect it's part of what she is so thrilled about anyway: the prospect of possible drama to keep boredom submerged.
She must of broken her own rule with the New Zealand couple. Romantique on youtube. They did have a lot to offer but weren’t that impressed with la la land.

I gave up on another French vlog. Lesa and Ted bore me to tears and every video seems to be at least an hour long. Unsubscribed. Yes, I can watch rugs being cleaned, rusty tools brought back to life and old paintings restored, but these people are too boring to watch.

I'm down to Escape to the Dream and Dan. Even EttD is borderline and I skim past the talking bits.
Chateau vlogs have become very boring. I’ve started watching HeavyDSparks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
i will answer. no big deal...i have studied agriculture..and economy..there was no question about it..i sometimes wanted to do something else...but when i spoke about it to my father about doing something else..he got mad and didnt speak to me for a week...so i ended up there and did agriculture..i found out its somehow in my blood..i have a good feeling for it...the ecofarming thing interests me enormously...its not always possible though..The running of the estate was something i learned from child on..when i was eight... i got my own special made tools to help to work on the land..in my younger years many things like weeding were also done by hand..there were methodes to keep the crop free from weeds but it didnt work always very well like they do now...So i got a very hands on education..driving tractors and all kind of machines...not spoiled at all...When i got older the running became more important..the managerskills i learned from my father mostly...he could be very charming and ruthless at the same time..when people tried to fool him...he was very aware of his class..i am not..he was born in 1922..I always say when we went to see my grandfather or his brother...me being the only heir of both of them...it felt always like going at an audience at court...When they died and i took over i changed a lott..he left it all in a very good state...he was very clever with money...and always kept all the people happy...had a good eye when things got wrong in peoples families...i also worked some time before i took over in retail, it gave me a very good insight in people...so i do it more commercial these days...we rent out cottages now..for short stays..have fairs...which my father loved ...but not on his estate..and yes like you say...having a estate is mostly nice...you have a lot of free space...nature...but also a lott of responsebility.. most of my days are filled with paperwork and problems...not much partying going on here...but i like the place..its been in the family for centuries..we dont have children so we give it on to my sisters children...in time...
Seems to be the perfect place for a tattle meeup!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I seem to remember from her interview vlog with Selmar, he stated that he turned up and SJ was rude to him. He suggested that on first meeting SJ and mummy they were quite unfriendly towards him.
I remember that episode. Stephanie and Isabelle were completely alone at the chateau at the time. He came speeding up to the front of the chateau in his van. Lockdown had started that day., the pandemic was raging. They were not expecting anyone, no idea who he was. I think he just invited himself as he's an opportunist. They were both clearly shocked and very wary . I'm not surprised Stephanie was unfriendly towards Selmar.,I'm surprised she didn't call the gendarmes. 😱

Reactions: 19
My sister lived with my parents for years and she told me that when mom died, before she was even buried, my aunts were at the house, in mom's bedroom, going through her things, saying what they wanted...and my dad was sitting in the living room!!!...Grrrrr...I really disliked my family!
My great uncles were in grandad’s bedroom, going through his clothing , at the wake!!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Reply’s on patron 😈

I would love for you to use the start of the month update next week to give us a proper run down of all the ongoing jobs. In previous updates you used a spread sheet to track progress of the different goals. I find when you run around to each person entertaining but some things do get lost or missed in that format so I would love you to also give an update on things not currently being worked on e.g the lake , the kitchen / butlers pantry bench, shutter dogs, insulating the attic, selmas parking space and the woods. In previous start of the months you then gave us a copy of the notes or spreadsheet you used to prepare this information for us. Would love to see this brought back to compliment the current style.

🧵🧵
I sympathise Stephanie! I’m procrastinating over doing my annual taxes as I’ll need to sort my transactions for my accountant! Today’s the day for me too. Perhaps this is another form of the #metoo movement?

🔁🔁
The elusive Nick hasn't made a entrance in so long. Also would love to hear what Mummy, Nick and Michael feel about the positive changes happening at Lalande. I love the channel and look forward to all of the progress I see happening. I look forward to visiting one day and swimming in the lake, the pool and the natural pool
🔁🔁
Love the choice of wallpaper. I don't think it will be too bird-y. Hopefully people don't go crazy sending you bird themed gifts now. Excited that Phillip is on his way to becoming a world famous actor. We can all day we knew him when he set tables for a living!
😈

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I know shame they didn’t screen grab it ….
Apologies, was on my laptop instead of phone and never remember how to screenshot on there. By the time I got to my phone it had gone. Basically people complaining that the new series wasn’t the same without dick and angel. Ma Trotter then waded in with nasty comments about them.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Unfortunately with those types of individuals, who see Fanny as their potential best friend, we're wasting our time and breath.
I so agree with everything you said here and applaud you for explaining so thoroughly. I'm sure it will convince some again to finally see the light. I do want to add that we're not wasting our time and breath (besides having a laugh every now and then) when we are not convincing the majority of her fans, because there's another purpose in chatting about her schemes, because by doing so we are making sure she knows it doesn't take much for us to call her out and she can't trust on just her own instincts to safe her but has to keep playing her A game if she wants the money to keep coming her way. She's already had several big scares of being exposed for the fraud she is and although it is not my personal goal to make her life miserable, it's mostly the bed she has made for herself that she has to sleep in. I would say it's a weird balance of not taking it too seriously and being able to keep laughing, but at the same time keep pointing out that stealing from old ladies retirement funds is about as low as one can go, especially if you consider the scale. It's by no means pocket money we are talking about.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Is that a joke or does he really have a new fiancé? Hmmm...maybe it was something I missed in his vlog....

Good analysis...

I just watched Edd and Anna's newest daily vlog and it was actually quite pleasant. Nothing negative that I can see about it. But I'm open to others' opinions on it.
He’s toned down the bitchiness, and Anna is being a bit more assertive. Keep it up you two, it’s much better.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This woman is amazing...Her finished restoration is stunning. I've been subscribed to her for years and loved everything she's posted. I want to BE her when I grow up...or maybe in my next life....

Think that was the best 1/2 hour I have spent on YT in a long time. Thank you for sharing this channel - I do not think it is so OT because this is someone truly restoring and doing a job worthy of having Patreons. Subscribing to her - she is fabulllous

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Yet another begging flog for ‘Spode willow pattern’. Poor MPK can’t find it anywhere online!!!
Exactly! Isn't that appalling and shameless, looting his grandmothers treasures to see if he can embezzle something. It's like on camera shoplifting with the owners present! He only recently stated he doesn't want anything personal in his vlogs, so it makes perfect sense to go film his grandparents personal stuff? He is using the same playbook SJ is, showing other people's lives while hiding their own. Their insane sense of entitlement is dripping from each and every frame of each and every vlog they put out, yet they won't recognize how boring it is to watch a Trotter family grift.

Reactions: 32
Is that a joke or does he really have a new fiancé? Hmmm...maybe it was something I missed
It's a joke.
He usually calls his latest the love of his life. In the first 'I'm back' vlog at La Gorce, when he was with his Ginger Chef...that was I think his second love of his life, then Andrew. Not sure if he was/is his fiancé. So I was referring to whoever as his latest Fiancé.
Paxo Is a well known stuffing brand. Put two and two together and make five.

Exactly! Isn't that appalling and shameless, looting his grandmothers treasures to see if he can embezzle something. It's like on camera shoplifting with the owners present! He only recently stated he doesn't want anything personal in his vlogs, so it makes perfect sense to go film his grandparents personal stuff? He is using the same playbook SJ is, showing other people's lives while hiding their own. Their insane sense of entitlement is dripping from each and every frame of each and every vlog they put out, yet they won't recognize how boring it is to watch a Trotter family grift.
They're the Snifflers of YouTube.

• Heart
all very strange....its not how we work here...you cannot split out every receipte...i always have different receipts for the different companies...you have to keep the vat also seperate....its much easier that way...but i guess its again all smoke and mirrors..keeping things organized saves you also on the costs of the accountant...imagine all those hours...and three accountants...she is crazy...her bookkeeping must be a mess..she clearly isnt using a accountancyprogram on her computer...i do it once a week and after three months i send it to the accountant to check and approve..and i still get huge invoices....
Same over here - it is a complicated way to tackle book keeping - dare I say it, amateur. Clearly some patter-ons are getting restless with spending and she needs to do this vlog to show accountability for funds recvd and used. Whatever she is showing them here, it looks a mess that will cost more money to sort out than needed. Perhaps that is why she is driving like a Dakar driver to BXL to see Nick.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I've seen you mention that before, peeps on here (that are patrons of Dan) mentioned that she mainly does the patreon videos. He doesn't seem to include her in the daily vlogs.
I should think he's trying to protect his family, he used to feature the children quite a lot, but maybe has become more wary now he has more fans. I wonder if Annaliese is worried about the impact of the vlogs on the children too and takes a back seat to look after them.

Reactions: 15
My sister lived with my parents for years and she told me that when mom died, before she was even buried, my aunts were at the house, in mom's bedroom, going through her things, saying what they wanted...and my dad was sitting in the living room!!!...Grrrrr...I really disliked my family!
I have seen it to the extent where they have stripped the house of even lightbulbs, sockets and all plants from the garden and also someone I know once sent a removal van 100s of miles to strip a house of everything and the owner of the house is really upset but hasn't cut them from his will which I would have!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Would be nice to see more of Annaleise imho
But... but... We are told that they are invited to the Chateau parties in turn cos "someone has to mind the kids". Even though we see the husband much more often than the wife.

I often watch with the closed captioning on, it’s crazy computer generated and they often use Ann Marie instead of Amaury 🤣
That's because even our bi-lingual Chatelaine doesn't know how to pronounce Amaury ! It's awful to hear her calling her cousin (and he must be boiling inside too).

Reply’s on patron 😈

I would love for you to use the start of the month update next week to give us a proper run down of all the ongoing jobs. In previous updates you used a spread sheet to track progress of the different goals. I find when you run around to each person entertaining but some things do get lost or missed in that format so I would love you to also give an update on things not currently being worked on e.g the lake , the kitchen / butlers pantry bench, shutter dogs, insulating the attic, selmas parking space and the woods. In previous start of the months you then gave us a copy of the notes or spreadsheet you used to prepare this information for us. Would love to see this brought back to compliment the current style.

🧵🧵
I sympathise Stephanie! I’m procrastinating over doing my annual taxes as I’ll need to sort my transactions for my accountant! Today’s the day for me too. Perhaps this is another form of the #metoo movement?

🔁🔁
The elusive Nick hasn't made a entrance in so long. Also would love to hear what Mummy, Nick and Michael feel about the positive changes happening at Lalande. I love the channel and look forward to all of the progress I see happening. I look forward to visiting one day and swimming in the lake, the pool and the natural pool
🔁🔁
Love the choice of wallpaper. I don't think it will be too bird-y. Hopefully people don't go crazy sending you bird themed gifts now. Excited that Phillip is on his way to becoming a world famous actor. We can all day we knew him when he set tables for a living!
😈
Bloody hell - someone has sympathy for her procrastinating? Clearly they have an annual income close to hers, donated. A world famous actor - no just an actor in a play outside of the play he is actually - maybe in. Forget Santas Claus is coming to town - advent. Accountability will be in town before the snow falls.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
You don’t have to open a checking account for every activity. You have to account for the funds in different groups of accounts in the books and records. The only checking accounts that have to be separate are things like escrow accounts and probate accounts handled by lawyers, etc. As long as you record your revenues and expenditures appropriately you can just use one checking account and or credit cards. Etc. You damn well have to have the money on hand for each separate accounting entity at the end of the year /reporting period though, and all the expenditures should be shown to have been paid with the correct revenues.
You don’t have to have separate accounts but it’s pretty unprofessional not to. Some banks in the UK at least have terms and conditions forbidding business use on personal accounts.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.