The Chateau Diaries #70 Thank you for the little cockerel - it will do for now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's possibly gone off to see Potty and Nic on the advice of the accountants to look at opening different bank accounts for the business and her personal one. She's probably been asked to sort it out by next week before the other accountants come. This is her first tax year that is affected by the Patreon money I think? The YouTube money was not so high when she started out, but now she has large amounts coming in, it's has to ve organised better. She'd need Potty and Nic to agree to it.
I find it very strange that the bank account/accounting situation has not been sorted out before now. Her YT status took off 18 months ago.
Either she has changed accountants or they are not up to the task (unless they want to get maximum fees).
It's only common sense that the B&B business, association and private cash flows are kept separate. It's going to cost her a bomb to sort out her spaghetti accounts. And it is equally questionable that the other directors did not request a much earlier sorting out of the situation. They are just as responsible as her for the absence of professional management.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
indeed..where was amaury..it always looks when Dan is around the place is empty...are they all in bed?? those radiators are too small and to cheap...and that whole heatingsystem...omg..no proper pipes..just those small flexible ones..he just cuts them off..well...some one has to make a project of this before winter...glad i dont live there...
I am glad I do not live there either!
If I went "mad" and bought a chateau that would be the first thing I would do and do it properly... heating!
That and plumbing is what I would sink big $$ into - oh, and the roof !

Morning All.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I find it very strange that the bank account/accounting situation has not been sorted out before now. Her YT status took off 18 months ago.
Either she has changed accountants or they are not up to the task (unless they want to get maximum fees).
It's only common sense that the B&B business, association and private cash flows are kept separate. It's going to cost her a bomb to sort out her spaghetti accounts. And it is equally questionable that the other directors did not request a much earlier sorting out of the situation. They are just as responsible as her for the absence of professional management.
Bubble, Bubble come on now, “common sense” and “Fanny“ are oxymorons (okay Ill beat the rest of you to it-”na, she‘s just a moron”)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
There is another reason she may not want to separate the personal funds from company funds.

At least in Canada, as a business owner, you essentially double pay in taxes. Meaning, the company as a separate entity, has to file taxes every year and if it has made a profit, has to pay taxes on it.
and then you pay yourself from the business, and personally have to file income taxes every year and pay personal taxes on top of corporate taxes.

A lot of business owners choose to not withdraw funds as income from their business, and instead get paid in dividends, which is a lot more tax efficient, but has its own complications.

By having everything in one place, steff gets to write off as much as the personal expenses as she wants for business (i.e meals, transit, even some purchases) and then pays herself the minimum amount where she barely has to pay any personal taxes.

French tattlers, could you please let us know if it is the same in France, or if you have a different system?

Reactions: 16
Ok ✅ second one down

SSB … really is a bit of an enigma

the history stuff - bravo 🙌
( no my account is NOT hacked )
It was interesting 🧐 - the silver ware that was fab - best part Zero service mammal … parfeeeect 😈

ok
Running my bath 🛀

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
This is from one year ago, @30:16. BJJ was new to the chateau but within days of arriving, look how familiar he is with SJ. :sick: They definitely knew each other before he arrived. Did he audition for SJ??? Did Potty supply SJ with BJJ??? Did BJJ's mother pay SJ for his experience during his gap year??? Maybe, all of the above??? Still, so many question. One thing for sure, they deserve each other and the misery that comes with it.
At the end of this vlog SJ and Nutti let us know how they really feel about B&B guest. They are all vile.

The Chateau Diaries: THE CHATEAU COMES TO LIFE!
Premiered Sep 29, 2020

Snorts could make a heterosexual woman become a lesbian after watching him trying to sing with his big mushy mouth. 😝. And giving that "wink" to SJ????. I was grossed out when I watched that last year....worse even a year later.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Dan talked about projects involving the digger, so still not doing the rendering, windows, heating and insulation, the woman is barking mad!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I agree, Antoine was bored out of his nut, and Selmar was the only person doing anything remotely interesting to a pre teen boy. Jeez. My prediction is Antoine will get some bro time on the digger with Dan, and perhaps Amaury -- his rival in the inheritance sweepstakes -- will start to teach him how to make shutters. There's plenty to keep Antoine amused if the older guys feel like being generous. Why wouldn't Marie have organized local companions for basketball and kid life or something, I can't begin to understand.
I feel sorry for Antoine . He is at boarding school ( my husband was at boarding school and he hated it and "lived" for the holidays when he could go home.
So Antoine goes "home" to LaLaLand and it looks darn boring for a little boy or a pre teen guy too! I guess Selmar was the only person who gave him some attention.
I am "going off" his mother Marie - she should find fun things for him to do if she wants to drag him there .
Like you purejuice , I do hope the guys - Dan and Amaury give him attention , make him "one of the guys" and let him have some fun there .

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Upside down in an upside-down world ...
Another nutter

I feel sorry for Antoine . He is at boarding school ( my husband was at boarding school and he hated it and "lived" for the holidays when he could go home.
So Antoine goes "home" to LaLaLand and it looks darn boring for a little boy or a pre teen guy too! I guess Selmar was the only person who gave him some attention.
I am "going off" his mother Marie - she should find fun things for him to do if she wants to drag him there .
Like you purejuice , I do hope the guys - Dan and Amaury give him attention , make him "one of the guys" and let him have some fun there .
I think he s just lovely but he does seem lonely

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@Pekey ahhhh okay 👍

I’m Marie fending ….. you know their best buddies still - he’s not outgrown his mam YET

but even Marie … let’s him wander good for him .. and to be honest he looked like he was having a bit of a buzz with selmar

🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣
Respectfully
best we leave the kids OUT of this ….

their gorgeous - healthy and clearly adored

🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
IMO I really don’t see evidence that Nic’s Marie hates SJ.
They don't dislike her. I think they see Fanny as a peculiar family friend who comes to visit once a year making a spectacle out of herself. They know her and have learned to smile, play along, do their nails together and not cause ANY friction. When she's gone the echo of the sigh of their relief can be heard 20 miles outside Brussels.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I am glad I do not live there either!
If I went "mad" and bought a chateau that would be the first thing I would do and do it properly... heating!
That and plumbing is what I would sink big $$ into - oh, and the roof !

Morning All.
dan did say that this is a stop gap solution until someone can get out and fix them properly...

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.