The Chateau Diaries #7 Chateaux ignored, add to the hoard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Most of the stuff comes from the US, Australia and Canada and you have to pay import duty on those parcels. Galling if they contain only tat.

As for those sad people hanging around for a Christmas Day video, I am sure SJ mentioned several times in advance that she was creating 24 vlogs in the lead up to Christmas. Last year it was meant to be 24 and she added the Christmas Day one as a last-minute bonus. So people expected one even though that wasn’t on the table...
It is sad, but I started watching during lockdown just to have something a bit light weight in the midst of all the bleakness. But when I caught up to when it was the start of the gift opening I really started to get irritated. Also, I guess binge watching makes someone's traits come into sharp focus & it was the absolute fey behaviour of SJ that started to jar. A woman of that age with no apparent employment history, swanning around on holidays, drinks parties & shopping - but relying on paetron money to do up her house for her. Some might think it is jealousy, but it's not that. It's that I've always been brought up to work for what you have & I take pride in that.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
It is sad, but I started watching during lockdown just to have something a bit light weight in the midst of all the bleakness. But when I caught up to when it was the start of the gift opening I really started to get irritated. Also, I guess binge watching makes someone's traits come into sharp focus & it was the absolute fey behaviour of SJ that started to jar. A woman of that age with no apparent employment history, swanning around on holidays, drinks parties & shopping - but relying on paetron money to do up her house for her. Some might think it is jealousy, but it's not that. It's that I've always been brought up to work for what you have & I take pride in that.
Well said Princess and the Pea, I absolutely agree with your comments(y)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I know my humour is not everyone's but I can not stop watching Dana's son ask PJJ his name, "sorry who?". Such validation that La La Lande is it's own small universe and the regular characters are orbiting. I do hope the introduction to Nic was filmed.
Dana's son ..... 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I also don’t believe that the Spode comes out of Patreon money. This is going to be used for the panelling and the lake. She has to use the money for restoration by law as I understand it.
Are there really laws and accounting and reconciling how Patreon money is spent? Sorry I would never send money to an Oxford educated woman who has never worked at a career so she could live her ‘dream’ so not sure how it all works.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Are there really laws and accounting and reconciling how Patreon money is spent? Sorry I would never send money to an Oxford educated woman who has never worked at a career so she could live her ‘dream’ so not sure how it all works.
Yes, it’s all set up officially! The restoration using Patreon funds solely for this purpose has been set up as an Association Loi de 1901 and is basically a nonprofit ...

if it is any comfort, the ad revenue from all the Chateau Unwrapped videos does go to charity. She has said the amounts from each month and what charities they went to. I do understand the point you’re trying to make about how gofundmes are used and abused by some.

After seeing the latest Instagram post I feel like we may never get the full story behind the missing Xmas vlog, because she obviously was filming. I still wonder why there was no explanation *beforehand* about how there would be no video. My guess is it’s something personal and probably none of my business lol. But I do hope it’s because someone advised her to not show a large gathering full of people traveling from all over, unmasked. Here in the US a lot of youtubers/tiktokers are being judged for similar behavior.
Also I don’t mind Antoine getting to participate in the gift openings, it’s been a tough year - let him be spoiled :)
But he isn’t being spoiled but exploited. Nic and Marie the Mom can see it.
And I do believe the super fans (whom aren’t all young and well off but include elderly and those on the precipice of being in need) think she actually needs more because she is such a gracious little con with cooing and saying over every gift ‘how useful the 400th peacock garden glove will be’. She created the monster and can put it to bed.

Yes, it’s all set up officially! The restoration using Patreon funds solely for this purpose has been set up as an Association Loi de 1901 and is basically a nonprofit ...
Thank you!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
In these strange times people are coping with things anyway they can or know how... We might be expecting too much out of this chatelaine and her crew.
ya think? I fork over $5 a month to see extra content that is totally worth seeing in my opinion. I doubt the almost 2500 patrons paying $5 or more are shriveled, lonely husks typing in the last $5 of their fixed incomes on Patreon of all places. In fact the patrons run a little younger than the superfan set who get all their content for free (but they watch those ads they'll tell you, yes they do). They barely know how to use the internet. I'll tell you what I'm not doing, I'm not editing videos and donating $500 a month to charity because I am a terrible person who would rather spend the money on myself. I don't really get how people missed the fact that she's been buying things and travelling since vertical mode.

But he isn’t being spoiled but exploited. Nic and Marie the Mom can see it.
He's hardly being exploited opening a few gifts on youtube once in awhile. Everyone loves Our Yorkshire Farm and those kids are literally growing up on tv. That seems more exploitive.

Reactions: 14
ya think? I fork over $5 a month to see extra content that is totally worth seeing in my opinion. I doubt the almost 2500 patrons paying $5 or more are shriveled, lonely husks typing in the last $5 of their fixed incomes on Patreon of all places. In fact the patrons run a little younger than the superfan set who get all their content for free (but they watch those ads they'll tell you, yes they do). They barely know how to use the internet. I'll tell you what I'm not doing, I'm not editing videos and donating $500 a month to charity because I am a terrible person who would rather spend the money on myself. I don't really get how people missed the fact that she's been buying things and travelling since vertical mode.

He's hardly being exploited opening a few gifts on youtube once in awhile. Everyone loves Our Yorkshire Farm and those kids are literally growing up on tv. That seems more exploitive.
But Antoine isn’t appearing on his parent’s YT channel. Nic flat out childishly refuses to appear on the channel. SJ benefits from every time someone watches one of her channels because the content drives more viewers.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
But Antoine isn’t appearing on his parent’s YT channel. Nic flat out childishly refuses to appear on the channel. SJ benefits from every time someone watches one of her channels because the content drives more viewers.
Did the Yorkshire Farm parents start their own youtube channel? Antoine's family is also benefitting from that youtube channel, so it is effectively "their" channel. That's hardly exploitation.

Reactions: 4
But this means only the money they received after the setup? They money till autumn or whenever they established the nonprofit can be spent as she wishes? Or can she claim it in retrospective, too?

But this means only the money they received after the setup? They money till autumn or whenever they established the nonprofit can be spent as she wishes? Or can she claim it in retrospective, too?
Nope that’s in a separate account until the accountant confirms the non profit status
SJ is no foool .... tax man 👨 would have a field day all the monies should be allowed IF they get the tax status

Did the Yorkshire Farm parents start their own youtube channel? Antoine's family is also benefitting from that youtube channel, so it is effectively "their" channel. That's hardly exploitation.
Antoines mum seems to be smart, she wouldn't let him appear in SJ videos if she would see the slightest bit of risk of him being harmed. It speaks for SJ actually that someone like Marie is befriended with her IMO

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am sure attached was posted by Superfans on Actual Christmas Day! That’s super sad....
And I still have a memory that she even mentioned whether on patreon or the lifechats or somewhere else that she will take a break after advent and start again in January with normal schedule and restoration content. Fans should listen more carefully ☺

• Haha
oh and somebody got us a nativity set ...oooo it is amazing, how is it possible 🤣 🤣 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Surprised and disappointed by Dan’s half baked scheme to buy that ruin. It was supposed to be a “charity project”? A charity project for his family to live in a grand house, wtf....made no sense at all. So Dan will the money be refunded?
[/QUOTE
I wonder how long he will stick with this project anyway. First he was a cook, than a gardener, then moved to France, bought a ruin, having children without having a proper job it seems. Doesn't seem too stable or reliable to me. Makes decisions on his own, I imagine he just informed Annalise about this chateau project after he set it up.

oh and somebody got us a nativity set ...oooo it is amazing, how it is possible 🤣 🤣 🤣
Yeah, we had six Xmas trees and now we can put a nativity set under three of them. So only three of them will go without... Isn't this exiting? 🤑🤑🤑

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.