The Chateau Diaries #7 Chateaux ignored, add to the hoard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re the Dan & family Chateau grab saga, I am speechless! & have unsubscribed. Out of all the Chateau YouTubers they seemed one of the nicest, in fact at one point Analise was saying the word “literally” about 30 times an episode & when people on here pointed it out she suddenly stopped, I guess she reads tattle 👍 well if you’re reading analise it would be wise after all the generous donations so far & I'm sure there’s a lot we don’t know about. Finish your farm buildings/cottages/barn that you live in, lots of YouTube content there (we never see the rest of their house? It could be a palace for all we know) once you’ve done up the whole house & your acres of land you can sell it & buy the chateau, like people in the real world have to do & not expect other people to pay for it. There are clearly some very vulnerable people watching these channels handing over family heirlooms & wads of cash. It’s getting very dark now with all the begging. I’m amazed a newspaper hasn’t got hold of this yet, it wouldn’t take much for a journalist to work out what’s going on. Ruthy, Potty’s girlfriend used to work for a paper that would love this expose 👀 Daily Mail scoop!!!!!
I 100% agree with the comment about there being some very vulnerable people watching the vlogs. People maybe with very few close family or friends, lonely and alone who view these vloggers as their community, their friends, and they think they are helping them. It really does beggar belief that the likes of SJ, the Trotters, and now even Dan who has a job as does his missus with her hair business, putting their privileged paws out and asking strangers to give them money, to pay for renovations for their homes (or in SJ’s case to pay for viciously expensive and quite ugly vintage fabric for her bedroom) I just cannot get my head around these patrons thinking this is an altruistic way to use their “disposable” income.. they must do it in the belief that their money somehow gives them a place in these peoples lives. They are being conned and these disgusting people are snickering all the way to the bank. SJ’s walloping spending spree with BJJ - the bespoke chocolates alone that they shoved down their gullets on the ride home would have cost a bomb! Patrons pay for supposed renovations so that the SJ’s and her ilk can spend their own money on lavish treats... and not a cent on their homes or businesses!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
This is something which I also have been very concerned about, it sometimes reminds me of those repulsive TV Evangelists, who used to try to pluck the elderly bald back in the day...

I did wonder what Stephanie used for a creche last year, and the years before that, given the one in the attic was in such a state? She is no fool, and probably noticed that a surge in patrons occurred around the time she vlogged about saving the chapel. Many religious people were touched by that and I do notice that many of her followers are believers. I think she is cashing-in on the religious element and exploiting the pearl-clutchers; unfortunately that also broght her on to the hideous DB's radar.

But where will this all end?!

Well said Takeaway.
She made sure to include the size of nativity figurines she bought...guess she doesn’t want to have to resale the wrong ones on eBay.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This is something which I also have been very concerned about, it sometimes reminds me of those repulsive TV Evangelists, who used to try to pluck the elderly bald back in the day...

I did wonder what Stephanie used for a creche last year, and the years before that, given the one in the attic was in such a state? She is no fool, and probably noticed that a surge in patrons occurred around the time she vlogged about saving the chapel. Many religious people were touched by that and I do notice that many of her followers are believers. I think she is cashing-in on the religious element and exploiting the pearl-clutchers; unfortunately that also broght her on to the hideous DB's radar.

Well said Takeaway.
The chapel's only purpose is to add value to the château. Their concern for renovation is mainly for esthetic reasons, no one with a hint of spiritual inclination would have used the chapel as backstage for a Halloween party photo shoot...

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Well said Takeaway.
I think your point re SJ using people's religious beliefs is an important one. She has never displayed a nativity scene ever. She bought 2 in 2020 - one for the table and one for chapel. She has stated in at least 2 previous vlogs she is not religious at all. The Hong Kong couple who are now paying for annual church service for St Joseph and are patreons emailed, wrote in you tube comments section, finally getting her attention through sending a present with letter.

Queen Brenda is now running a "Who is your La La Land (spelling deliberate) soul mate" quiz. And people are doing it! It's like a children's/preteen's thing you see for K-pop or UK idol stars. How do Selma or Marie allow their photos/images to be used like this? This is not classy at all.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I 100% agree with the comment about there being some very vulnerable people watching the vlogs. People maybe with very few close family or friends, lonely and alone who view these vloggers as their community, their friends, and they think they are helping them. It really does beggar belief that the likes of SJ, the Trotters, and now even Dan who has a job as does his missus with her hair business, putting their privileged paws out and asking strangers to give them money, to pay for renovations for their homes (or in SJ’s case to pay for viciously expensive and quite ugly vintage fabric for her bedroom) I just cannot get my head around these patrons thinking this is an altruistic way to use their “disposable” income.. they must do it in the belief that their money somehow gives them a place in these peoples lives. They are being conned and these disgusting people are snickering all the way to the bank. SJ’s walloping spending spree with BJJ - the bespoke chocolates alone that they shoved down their gullets on the ride home would have cost a bomb! Patrons pay for supposed renovations so that the SJ’s and her ilk can spend their own money on lavish treats... and not a cent on their homes or businesses!
"What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine..."

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think your point re SJ using people's religious beliefs is an important one. She has never displayed a nativity scene ever. She bought 2 in 2020 - one for the table and one for chapel. She has stated in at least 2 previous vlogs she is not religious at all. The Hong Kong couple who are now paying for annual church service for St Joseph and are patreons emailed, wrote in you tube comments section, finally getting her attention through sending a present with letter.

Queen Brenda is now running a "Who is your La La Land (spelling deliberate) soul mate" quiz. And people are doing it! It's like a children's/preteen's thing you see for K-pop or UK idol stars. How do Selma or Marie allow their photos/images to be used like this? This is not classy at all.
That's beyond cringe!!! Reminds me of the days when you'd buy a BOP Magazine and it would have have quizzes like that. I hate to say it, but I have a feeling that this will come crashing down on Stephanie and the likes in the future. Especially if Dan had to block comments and people are getting pissy about things. Not cool at all.

Reactions: 7
I didn’t do the quiz but I did pop a comment in that I was matched to Ruby the cat 🐈 - no reaction. . .

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I don’t think Dan has really thought this through, however good his intentions. He would have been better off with something less derelict for a charitable cause. Also, it appears to have the same name as its much more famous counterpart, which could lead to confusion! Of course, since this article was written, the owner may have had a change of heart and is selling the whole kit and caboodle. Perhaps Dan could clarify... I can’t help making comparisons with the whole fairytale lake scenario...
That’s interesting ... and raises at least one question for me, (btw I don’t watch Dan’s videos ... learnt here he is hard working & has two kids) ... I want to know, when is ‘enough’ ever ‘enough’ ? Can’t he finish his own house first ? Isn’t one residence enough to renovate?
This reeks of SJ wanting to rebuild the towers ... and hey - let’s rebuild the mill house too.

Reactions: 10
"What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine..."
🚨🚨🚨. Red alert 🚨🚨🚨

Side bar ....
globally 🙏 covid being contained in 2021

Prediction for 2021 for chat ooo land

1: LOTLL will go on a speaking tour of USA
First
Then UK 🇬🇧 and Canada 🇨🇦
Australia 🇦🇺 during the summer season

2: Donegal brenda will run bus tours ..

3: trotters manor...
chat ooo bmerniers cusine 👅 will have
the fastest funded go fund me of 2021

4: Hellllllllloooooo Ryan (life of Ryan )
After the car appeal .... failed ....
he’ll be in his riding Billy’s electric bike ....
till cat comes back with her mother’s convertible 😂😂

5: Dans appeal - to cloud fund a chateau might have been a bit presumptuous-
as he had no realistic offer on the table ..... think there was a few bottles of Christmas 🎄 cheer in the grand cusine .... lesson learned to Analise ... no late night blogging

However jack will win apprentice of 2020

🙃🙃🙃 BJJ or PP of Lande nostril 👃

Realizes he’s been the stool without the chateau pool 🏊 ....
LOTL just keeping the home fires burning till Davy the landscaping lady Gardner came 🙃🙃back

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
This is madness, the 75000 are for buying and hopefully tax and any real estate agents? Next comes then another gofundme for getting estimates how to restore it? And then another gofundme for 10 Million to rebuild it? And then in between he will realise that he can't finish it and will sell it, but all the donors won't get their money back, am I right?
Spot on. It’s ridiculous. And whilst we all need dreams to carry us through and goals to aim for, ffs, we’re living through unprecedented times .... I love, art, history old buildings and I’m all for saving them ... but hey, let’s look out for humanity first. I don’t think I can stomach another chateau project or weak associated spin off (Ryan/Selmar) .

She made sure to include the size of nativity figurines she bought...guess she doesn’t want to have to resale the wrong ones on eBay.
And let’s not forget she said she was also not shy to tell viewers she was ‘collecting gold Fleurs de Lys Spode’ ... initially buying soup plates in one vlog ... but that was literally only for a starter as a few vlogs later we see her unwrapping a whole STASH of more plates from the director of Spode Museum (I think she said). This woman has so much porcelain and so many dinner services, that she is installing a China Pantry. I was flabbergasted that she had the gall to show further acquisitions . No Shame AT ALL ....

I didn’t do the quiz but I did pop a comment in that I was matched to Ruby the cat 🐈 - no reaction. . .
😹 🐾 🐾

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
And let’s not forget she said she was also not shy to tell viewers she was ‘collecting gold Fleurs de Lys Spode’ ... initially buying soup plates in one vlog ... but that was literally only for a starter as a few vlogs later we see her unwrapping a whole STASH of more plates from the director of Spode Museum (I think she said). This woman has so much porcelain and so many dinner services, that she is installing a China Pantry. I was flabbergasted that she had the gall to show further acquisitions .

No Shame AT ALL ....

😹 🐾 🐾
Shame is only for those with a conscience.

Spot on. It’s ridiculous. And whilst we all need dreams to carry us through and goals to aim for, ffs, we’re living through unprecedented times .... I love, art, history old buildings and I’m all for saving them ... but hey, let’s look out for humanity first. I don’t think I can stomach another chateau project or weak associated spin off (Ryan/Selmar) .

And let’s not forget she said she was also not shy to tell viewers she was ‘collecting gold Fleurs de Lys Spode’ ... initially buying soup plates in one vlog ... but that was literally only for a starter as a few vlogs later we see her unwrapping a whole STASH of more plates from the director of Spode Museum (I think she said). This woman has so much porcelain and so many dinner services, that she is installing a China Pantry. I was flabbergasted that she had the gall to show further acquisitions . No Shame AT ALL ....
Maybe all of the newly acquired Spode (via the Patreon money) will take care of the ever present damp? They can definitely use it to warm the ShatO. Am pretty sure Spode wipes out wood rot in crumbling beams as well. They should have never discontinued that pattern!!! The plates in the US are $44 plus shipping which is always pricey. Cannot fathom how much that haul must have cost to get over from the UK so quickly. No way she paid for it out of her pockets considering she has 3 employees now and only a handful of paying guests during the shortened season. Plus still has to feed her slaves unless they are only living off of the free pink gin and chocolates.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Shame is only for those with a conscience.
How true. SHAMELESS 😢

Maybe all of the newly acquired Spode (via the Patreon money) will take care of the ever present damp? They can definitely use it to warm the ShatO. Am pretty sure Spode wipes out wood rot in crumbling beams as well. They should have never discontinued that pattern!!! The plates in the US are $44 plus shipping which is always pricey. Cannot fathom how much that haul must have cost to get over from the UK so quickly. No way she paid for it out of her pockets considering she has 3 employees now and only a handful of paying guests during the shortened season. Plus still has to feed her slaves unless they are only living off of the free pink gin and chocolates.
I agree with all that. I looked on eBay and the prices are high ... but that won’t stop the super fans sending some more ... look at the vast amount of Wedgwood that Isabelle was sent after a few bits broke: she could start up shop with what she was received.

I watched a bit of gift grab last night and saw SJ was sent an ENTIRE dinner set of Limoge Peacock design china. She said a few thank yous but it seemed to lack some of her genuine enthusiastic appreciation ... ie almost fainting at the Dior coat and orgasmic rapture over the Tiffany heirlooms .

Actually the peacock porcelain was very elegant and restrained - unlike LOTL 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I have unsubscribed to the chateau vloggers. I am appalled by their bottomless pit of opportunism that targets those who are a little lonely and vulnerable. If the vloggers could content themselves with the income generated by the videos through ads, likes, and subscribes then I would be OK with that. It has, however, degenerated into a pile of steaming you-know-what, where I almost expect someone to take the Burberry cap or tiara off their head and hold it out like Oliver Twist. Please sir, can I have some more? Their true colours are coming out as people begin to question the very thin veneer of saving this or restoring that--nasty language, borderline bullying and the exploitation of volunteers who end up doing laundry for a for-profit business (AKA slavery) instead of working on the restoration of a building as implied in the PR. To be fair, it took a while for me to clue into this. At first, there was the Louis Vuitton laptop case, then the LV handbag, but the clincher for me was the Fortnum & Mason hamper at Christmas and now Dan's hairbrained idea to cash in on people's good will with a chateau/community center in the middle of nowhere. My unsolicited advice for anyone who wants to do free building work that is helpful to others is to contact Habitat for Humanity. Donate to a good cause in your own community; if you are lonely, volunteer at a food bank. If you are depressed or anxious, talk to a friend, or better yet, go for a walk if you can. If you are bored, take a free online course. These guys aren't a charity. That little dopamine hit you get when one of them sticks a little heart emoji on your comment or when they tell you (and all their other viewers) how much it means to them that you like, then subscribe, then buy them a coffee, then donate to their Go Fund Me, then become a patron, then become a paying guest at their chateau, after having paid for a plane ticket, rented a car to drive out to the middle of nowhere, to find out that the renovations and restorations have all been shoddily done, and you don't even get to hang out with your hero/heroine might not be worth the investment of your own precious time and money. Vloggers are not real. It is a TV show.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I have unsubscribed to the chateau vloggers. I am appalled by their bottomless pit of opportunism that targets those who are a little lonely and vulnerable. If the vloggers could content themselves with the income generated by the videos through ads, likes, and subscribes then I would be OK with that. It has, however, degenerated into a pile of steaming you-know-what, where I almost expect someone to take the Burberry cap or tiara off their head and hold it out like Oliver Twist. Please sir, can I have some more? Their true colours are coming out as people begin to question the very thin veneer of saving this or restoring that--nasty language, borderline bullying and the exploitation of volunteers who end up doing laundry for a for-profit business (AKA slavery) instead of working on the restoration of a building as implied in the PR. To be fair, it took a while for me to clue into this. At first, there was the Louis Vuitton laptop case, then the LV handbag, but the clincher for me was the Fortnum & Mason hamper at Christmas and now Dan's hairbrained idea to cash in on people's good will with a chateau/community center in the middle of nowhere. My unsolicited advice for anyone who wants to do free building work that is helpful to others is to contact Habitat for Humanity. Donate to a good cause in your own community; if you are lonely, volunteer at a food bank. If you are depressed or anxious, talk to a friend, or better yet, go for a walk if you can. If you are bored, take a free online course. These guys aren't a charity. That little dopamine hit you get when one of them sticks a little heart emoji on your comment or when they tell you (and all their other viewers) how much it means to them that you like, then subscribe, then buy them a coffee, then donate to their Go Fund Me, then become a patron, then become a paying guest at their chateau, after having paid for a plane ticket, rented a car to drive out to the middle of nowhere, to find out that the renovations and restorations have all been shoddily done, and you don't even get to hang out with your hero/heroine might not be worth the investment of your own precious time and money. Vloggers are not real. It is a TV show.
The End 👏👏👏👏👏

• Heart
  • Haha
Note the comment at the end tagging Scotman... oh she’s SO in with the in crowd. 🙄 it’s quite sad really.
I wonder why she is not around at the lifechats?🤔🤔 This would be so her "métier". Or is she there incognito but if so why?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Too funny. By the way everyone Brenda has a youtube channel set up to share cooking recipes. She is cooking turkey toasties and turkey "peye."

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I wonder why she is not around at the lifechats?🤔🤔 This would be so her "métier". Or is she there incognito but if so why?
Perhaps the ‘craic’ in the live chats is a bit too “live” and starting to get a bit too “real” for Dear Donegal Brenda.

Reactions: 4
What to do when you want to become a youtuber?
1. Choose a field of expertise (doesn't matter if you are an amateur, dilettante, greenhorn, beginner, newcomer, rookie... Just say you are passionate about it)
2. Find a catchy channel name
3. Film an intro with drone shots
5. Create a website with links to all your other social media accounts
6. Open following accounts: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter,...
7. Create patreon and buymeacoffee account (only because your 12 viewers asked for it, of course)
8. Once your second video aired make a Q&A video talking about your other passions (hobbies, favourite food,...) Don't forget to mention what right now is not in your budget)
6. Start a gofundme
7. If you don't have no time/ideas for making content get a cute pet and film him instead

What did I forget?

Perhaps the ‘craic’ in the live chats is a bit too “live” and starting to get a bit too “real” for Dear Donegal Brenda.
Also you don't see her in the comments 🤔🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.