The Chateau Diaries #63 A holiday from a holiday, a honeymoon, and two dents in a bed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her peers at boarding school saved her life and formed her (unacknowledged) sexuality. There's an interesting developmental psych who says you learn everything from your peers.
Interesting that so much of her life on camera at HMN shows girlie boarding school behaviour. (I may have commented on it here.??)

Hahaha!! I'm trying to think what I learnt from my peers... seriously, I can only come up with how-not-to-do-things and how-not-to-be.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just been watching the local news and apparently today was the World Black Pudding Throwing Championships. Who comes up with these ideas? We are absolutely nuts in this country! 😂😂
Is this like the cheese rolling in Gloucestershire? We watched it on Netflix, those people are crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
OK, so we discussed if Phil is gay or not or bi and if not gay but bi or hetero if they have sex or not....... but wearing rings means the L word, right?
Why would any of them talk Love? I can understand sex to pass the time or for relaxation or exercise or whatever. They can have sex and even holding hands without love or rings. Please tell me the rings are just some weird accessoire ? Please, please.
I think they are going steady.
All the junior high kids are doing it! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I imagine Fanny must be very jealous of the woman who bought that chateau (in tonight's vlog) on her recommendation. What a difference to LL! The grounds are really beautiful. Fanny was her usual OTT, irritating self, and kept talking over and interrupting the agent showing them round. She should have shut up and just let him talk without commenting. She should have just told the woman privately how wonderful she thought it was rather than getting her points over while the man was trying to explain. At least Snorts didn't say too much; I think he is somewhat inhibited when there are other adults there, like Davy and the agent. Fanny does not count as an adult! They were in winter clothes so it must have been filmed months ago.
It was beautifully maintained, but had to fast forward due to the camerawoman's constant annoying commenting.
If I'm not mistaken, it was filmed 2 years ago (think that's what SJ said in the intro)
Noticed she rolled her French r's gutturally (Trrrrianon). For a moment, it sounded like Edith Piaf had made a come-back.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Is this like the cheese rolling in Gloucestershire? We watched it on Netflix, those people are crazy.
And what about the bacon flitch race....! The one where young men heft a side of raw pork over whatever distance and present it to their sweetheart at the end of the race... 🤣 🤪

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Interesting that so much of her life on camera at HMN shows girlie boarding school behaviour. (I may have commented on it here.??
Apparently, Fanny went to a state secondary day school, not a boarding school.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It's still there
I still cannot access …. Strange

Yes, I’m sure there’s something in it for Andrew…IF they’re still together (?). Andrew is getting some kind of gifts, whether it’s tuition or trinkets. In exchange, MPK gets sex on demand in the middle of nowhere while filming vlogs about Peter Rabbit, AGA, Spode, and pretentious jam. Andrew knows the routine. Oh! And Andrew can drive, too! A chauffeur!
I think that Andrew was there with them but they are keeping him out of the video.

Reactions: 3
Thank you very much for that background and info.
So well done for getting your husband on the best track. It's difficult to counter the assumptions of any doctor.
You actually explained very very well why I consider 'BPD' to be one of the worst and cruellest psychiatric labels ever.

I studied psychology at uni for 7yrs+. I became truly sickened at the way patients are treated - or, rather, mistreated. 99.9% of everyone labelled 'BPD' have a very sad childhood history of chronic abuse, unstable primary carers who ensure a chaotic lifestyle. These poor children reach adulthood entirely traumatised.

In short, 'BPD' should be scrapped for the slapdash convenience it really is for doctors. They don't understand, can't be bothered or don't want to risk straying outside their billing codes. Pejorative labels and useless meds are easier.

Having read and studied widely, thought long and written much about it and allied conditions, my suggestion is not to label emotional and developmental difficulties by behaviour but to recognise the victimhood, the profound trauma, and support victim-led and orientated healing from that, with lots of compassion and practical help (which is rather as you and your husband have found best).
And call it Childhood Trauma Injuries or something very similar. Anything that doesn't convey that the victim is at fault and which roots the issues firmly in the cause: abuse injuries.
Who says psychs are right? They do. Nothing in the DSM5 is cast in stone.

It's promising that the new crop of psychs coming along now are far more interested in getting to the truth of this so called BPD and also PTSD, anxiety and depression. The new wave are beginning to construct a more accurate perspective of victimisation and societal dysfunction resulting in injuries which then give rise to behaviours that most others don't understand and find challenging.

Forgive me, I could (and have!!) write thousands of words about all this!

Who knows what Miss Wilt's issues really are.? Though we can recognise that some of her behaviour and attitudes are noticeably unhelpful to herself and annoying or troubling to others.
I agree with you absolutely, "labels" are awful and can condemn someone to a life with less opportunities and a worse quality of life. Childhood trauma would be a much better term. Anything with "personality disorder" attached to it , lessens soneone as a human being, they are "a disorder". They, the victims, become seen as mad and bad. I hope the terminology will be changed. I feel that mental health services here in the UK are just barely emerging from the Dark Ages.i worked in an asylum in 1970 in the UK when I was 19 , and it was truly like "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" Things have improved so much in terms of care within the community, the asylums were closed, clients have more rights, more say over their treatment, better treatment, but there's still a long way to go. Mental health is still the Cinderella service. Access to services is a postcode lottery. Some services are better than others. Still lots of prejudice and ignorance around.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I still cannot access …. Strange
It's on her Instagram Stories, so you can't see it from the normal Instagram page and you have to click on each part. If you Google her name and Instagram Stories, you should get the page.

They kept saying that those bathrooms needed redone but I loved them!!!...that blue one with the vertical tiles!!!:love:...and the red one...I would love to have something like that!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Apparently, Fanny went to a state secondary day school, not a boarding school.
I wish
Unless those flowers are for Phyllis and SJ nuptuals, I can t see anyone hiring her for their wedding. But she sure is full of herself!!
Those chairs and curtains are nice....so she cannot be at the Shanty. I guess Patreon money paid for the whole crew to stay at the party pad in Versailles.
On the grounds that she was working - looking for inspiration for her own chateau?

Kk just finished watching …

highlighted quite honestly
SSB ain’t living in no chateau

it’s defo a farmhouse

but I’d have bought that chateau for sure 😍
😈
I agree….CDD is a decrepit discombobulation in comparison….cannot believe the chateau in the vlog….wonder what the $$$$$$$$$ price was for something so old and beautiful, well cared for and with such beautiful gardens. (Now I see the price…..$2M ….seems a good price for it….)

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Further to the discussion that Gwen & Billy’s children will be wealthy. That may be the result only if the spending is kept in check. I am pleasantly surprised that she is sole owner of the chateau. Perhaps LaFrancaise123 & other French tattlers may know if marriage or a common law situation affects ownership in case of a split.
Let's hope she has been wise enough to leave the chateau to her children in a will, with Biffy having a lifetime interest in it if anything happens to her.

Under the French law, it depends on the "regime" you choose when you get married.

Most of couples choose the "communauté" where everything you buy during the marriage is shared but what you bought BEFORE the marriage is still your own property.

Some choose the "communauté universelle" where everything is shared.

Others (not many) choose the "séparation des biens" where nothing is shared between the spouses.

Or course, in reality, the different situations are more complicated than on the paper...
If I were Gwen with Biffy, it would be separation des biens

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I agree….CDD is a decrepit discombobulation in comparison….cannot believe the chateau in the vlog….wonder what the $$$$$$$$$ price was for something so old and beautiful, well cared for and with such beautiful gardens.
Someone posted on here earlier .....over 2 million....euros?

Reactions: 7
It's on her Instagram Stories, so you can't see it from the normal Instagram page and you have to click on each part. If you Google her name and Instagram Stories, you should get the page.
I tried that….still blocked 😆….will attempt access from alternate secret spy Instagram account 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.