The Chateau Diaries #63 A holiday from a holiday, a honeymoon, and two dents in a bed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
SJ and MPK talk as if they're the font of all knowledge.
According to this concerned viewer, Teabeg made toxic jam using a copper kettle before adding sugar to the fruit . But MPK said that copper is the BEST for making jam. Who should I believe? This viewer…or the man-child that can’t figure out how to make whipped cream and blames French cows for the issue (because, of course, he CAN’T be wrong)?

C4DEFAF4-6555-4156-A93F-7B568D2174E0.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Long time reader here of your literature (big fan) and former foolish patron who questioned SJ and had no response. I totally agree they should be held to account, but I remain convinced they really should be ratted out to a charity commission, or the relevant authorities, to bring the gifting to a swift end and SJ finally in the queue for work at the Job Centre.
Agree.

Fun to write here but it goes only so far.

Nice to post links to the authorities here but when will they be aware.

I'd love to see a lot of things happen. I'd love to see Asia Argento get her comeuppance for her cheating shenanigans before Anthony Bourdain's death. I'd love to see the Trump $$$ trail truly uncovered and the green path lead to orange suits in jail, then next let's track more of their oligarch Moneyland friends. I'd love to see French authorities dig into revenue from newfangled digital payment systems. I mean, every year before January 31, even Google sends me documentation for the $600 a year -- coffee money -- I make from Adsense revenue, so the IRS has paperwork to track. France wants its share too, doesn't it?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yes, some of the bathrooms looked dated, but that cobalt blue tiled bathroom and the red tiled bathrooms were beautiful...I guess it's just our differences in age how we view certain things. As a young couple, you may not care for that kind of aesthetic but if I had a bathroom like either of those two, I'd never want to leave it! I'd be taking several baths a day... 🙃
True. My fiancee and I like the cleaner simpler modern design bathrooms. When I showed my mom SJ's vlog after dinner tonight, she said the blue bathroom reminded her of the ensuite at my grandparents' house in Montreal in the 80s, which they renovated three times since. Luckily, the bathrooms in the villa we got are all updated.:love:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I like him too, strange to relate. It was when he said he's not out to claim to be an expert or pretend to be someone he's not. Before that, I thought he was trying to sound posh. That gained him a lot of respect. He won mine for sure. When he talks about anything, whether it's afternoon tea, porcelain, or design, he expresses his opinions and does not speak ex-cathedra. SJ and MPK talk as if they're the font of all knowledge.

Although, I still think his face is too shiny, and I don't think I'd buy him a coffee, but I'm sure he won't mind.

View attachment 760310
I like him too, strange to relate. It was when he said he's not out to claim to be an expert or pretend to be someone he's not. Before that, I thought he was trying to sound posh. That gained him a lot of respect. He won mine for sure. When he talks about anything, whether it's afternoon tea, porcelain, or design, he expresses his opinions and does not speak ex-cathedra. SJ and MPK talk as if they're the font of all knowledge.

Although, I still think his face is too shiny, and I don't think I'd buy him a coffee, but I'm sure he won't mind.

View attachment 760310
I agree - he's very honest about his lack of formal qualifications and his upbringing. He's selling his personal taste and not claiming any particular expertise.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
According to this concerned viewer, Teabeg made toxic jam using a copper kettle before adding sugar to the fruit . But MPK said that copper is the BEST for making jam. Who should I believe? This viewer…or the man-child that can’t figure out how to make whipped cream and blames French cows for the issue (because, of course, he CAN’T be wrong)?

View attachment 760315
To Michael, French cows are witches. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
even though this video was approved by the former owners, I feel that showing the medical equipment at all was an invasion of personal privacy. If she edited footage from two hours to one hour, she could have done a bit more. I do feel badly for the former owners having to sell and having medical issues.
I fully agree! It was either lazy editing or “wait! I voiced compassion and that will boost my image” (whether it was fully or fleetingly felt).

• Wow
Reactions: 11
But the operative power here in this transaction is Christie's, not SJ. Christie's has not been corrupted by this minor social media phenom. Jill Waddell and Christie's have preceeded her into the realms of dishonesty, false ascription of value, and expert sinuous seduction of the very richest and most corrupt a couple centuries ago.
Bruce Chatwin started out low at Sotheby's and ended up their veep of impressionist (huge Japanese bucks) paintings. He wrote a book about collector and auction psychology -- the only one I know of, except the Afro pomo homo scholarship on museumization (Foucault, also a cruising gay man collector like Chatwin). Auction houses are a piece of work. They eat pretentious provincial narcissists like SJ for breakfast, while relieving the very rich ones of their billions. What has been called concierge service here provided by Christie's to tastemakers? I have no doubt Christie's, like a good concierge, can and does supply their richest clients with Whatever They Want, and do, to keep them as clients.
SJ has almost no agency in this transaction. Christie's is the domme here.
One reason we wear our black bandage shoes, and our buttoned blazer, to do business with them. No bottom energy sweaters and beach boy shirts.
This is a masterpiece of observation. Bring out the spikes.

It occurred to me ... what if {sputter}{sputter} they're all one and the same kind of person. The know the people who provide the laundering services, and I'm not talking about the dry cleaner in the strip center with the Five Guys. One is successfully entrenched, one is adjacent and aspires to need the services and perhaps already does. They have the same thought process, the same values, the same motives.

At the risk of being thrown off the site, I am going to introduce a bit of controversy here. I remember where I was when I heard the news. I felt shocked, saddened. For days afterwards, as the personal stories of those who had died and their families left behind emerged, there was a subdued atmosphere at work. When I went on my only trip to NYC I visited the site and silently paid my respects. I realise this is an important commemoration, particularly for anyone who had any personal connection to this whatsoever, along with anyone else who wishes to be connected to that time today. But life goes on and, twenty years later, I see no harm in this Versailles event. It is not a slight. I am sure everyone has taken a moment today to remember those lost on 09/11. Once this is done, goodness knows. life is short enough. I would not grudge anyone their moments of fun when life, as that day proved can be so fleeting.
At first I had a bad taste, then I came around and thought, right, I think I agree. Because, how many other terrible events have anniversary dates where we'd be admonished to schedule something fun decades later?

How many terrible events have NO anniversary dates at all, where just as many or more people died, but the event isn't popular with the world's leading culture and news media?

There will be no anniversary date for Covid deaths. Because it's been a steady slow drip of death for nearly 2 years now, around the world. Instead of one big horrible event at one time on one day.

Our brains tend to think the big blasts of instant catastrophic events are the worst. I think we put too much emphasis on these things, and not enough on the other steady slow drips.

I despise SJ. But are we going to hold her accountable to soberly observe 9/11 for the rest of her life? It's just another day where she lives. That's just a fact of it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Espe is correct. Fanny did not go to a boarding school, she went to a state funded secondary school, Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham
Facts not supposition, Tattlers!
OK...so, is Somerville College considered a University since it's apparently associated with Oxford University? And can she actually claim to have gone to Oxford University when she actually just went to college?

Wonder if this happened as one of the upstairs bathrooms was refitted or if it's from one of the vintage bathrooms? Or possibly the tiny kitchen.....
And Fanny....just because "the plumbing is there" doesn't mean that it won't still need replacing. 🙄 She's clueless, no wonder her radiators are dousing the downstairs.
Hmmmm....I think I would have had that cleaned BEFORE it could stain those nice ceiling panels....just sayin'....

I like him, he seems nice and hope he's a good neighbor.

Yes, coming from a con who can't manage to get a small washroom finished in over a year. Really no room to criticize anyone. Also considering she lives in a run down farmhouse she has no room to talk at all. :sick:
That's very true but she was trying to impress that estate agent...and probably hoping he ISN'T a fan of her vlog so he wouldn't know about her loo problems.....

Reactions: 5
OK...so, is Somerville College considered a University since it's apparently associated with Oxford University? And can she actually claim to have gone to Oxford University when she actually just went to college?
Oxford University is made up of more than 30 different colleges. Colleges are academic communities, where students usually have their tutorials. Each one has its own dining hall, bar, common room and library, and lots of college groups and societies.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I agree - he's very honest about his lack of formal qualifications and his upbringing. He's selling his personal taste and not claiming any particular expertise.
OMG!!...He's just a BABY!!!!....And he was in a live-in relationship with an older man???...All I could think about was my young grandkids getting into relationships like that....

Is this thread supposed to be shut down since a new one has been started?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Having read and studied widely, thought long and written much about it and allied conditions, my suggestion is not to label emotional and developmental difficulties by behaviour but to recognise the victimhood, the profound trauma, and support victim-led and orientated healing from that, with lots of compassion and practical help (which is rather as you and your husband have found best).
And call it Childhood Trauma Injuries or something very similar. Anything that doesn't convey that the victim is at fault and which roots the issues firmly in the cause: abuse injuries.
Who says psychs are right? They do. Nothing in the DSM5 is cast in stone.

It's promising that the new crop of psychs coming along now are far more interested in getting to the truth of this so called BPD and also PTSD, anxiety and depression. The new wave are beginning to construct a more accurate perspective of victimisation and societal dysfunction resulting in injuries which then give rise to behaviours that most others don't understand and find challenging.
I love this. The similar thing I can think of is physical traumatic injuries. You don't give a trauma injury a name that makes it seem like it's the person's own fault. Unlike all the psychiatric diagnoses that have the word "personality" in them.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.