The Chateau Diaries #63 A holiday from a holiday, a honeymoon, and two dents in a bed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you go back to thd beginning of her instagram posts she brags she is riding a bicycle whilst wearing vintage Gallliano. She loves to mention how well traveled she is as well. How one affords that and all those ridiculous high heels and countless wardrobe changes with matching hats is beyond me unless she inherited a fortune. She has terrible taste as well. She showed up to Christies looking like a Laura Ashley housewife who thinks she's sexy by virtue of constantly tossling her over bleached hair. Then she tells them she studied English literature. But wait. What about that supposed opera career? Is there any evidence of that? Meanwhile she sounds like a feeble old woman when she sings with wobbly vibrato.

One last note. She used to wear a diamond band on the middle finger of her left hand. Now it's gone and on her ring finger she wears that gold ring which looks very similar to Philip's...
Did you happen to catch the gift gab a couple or so back? Steffie made a point of saying that the ring she wears on her marriage finger is one that was given to her mother when she was 18yo. (Yeah, I thought. Anything you say Steffs...)

Reactions: 7
The childhood from hell will have probably have damaged her. Some people do survive these awful childhoods if they had a positive adult role model they could turn to, (an aunt, a teacher, a pastor for example). It sounds as if this person was made nasty by her upbringing , but it doesn't excuse her behaviour.

I'm sure the fantasy she weaves about respectability is a defence mechanism, she's probably been doing it since childhood. Abused children often retreat into fantasy to cope.
Her peers at boarding school saved her life and formed her (unacknowledged) sexuality. There's an interesting developmental psych who says you learn everything from your peers.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
They can spoil her and it makes them feel good, until they realize it was all a CON!
Ain't happening anytime soon and if/when it does there's a serious possibility of a major granny invasion ... armies of angry grannies will descend upon the place and seek retribution ...

In the autumn of 2021, the High Priestess of Greed opened one present too many, causing much revulsion amongst the grannies who had given her all their worldly goods and pension money. Many of them began to wonder where all their money had gone and why they were living in dire poverty while Fanny the Fake was living it up and traveling around the globe. Thus began the Grannies' Revolt, which ultimately led to an assault upon the abode of Fanny the Fake, a fortified farmhouse in the middle of nowhere in France. Terrified by the sight of the angry grannies, the deranged inhabitants of the loony bin quickly retreated indoors and locked every door and window. The grannies surrounded the strange ensemble of buildings and laid siege to it for over a year. They cut off the electricity, leaving the inhabitants without Internet, TV, lighting, and heating. The living conditions quickly deteriorated and Fanny the Fake soon found herself facing a revolt inside the farmhouse. Unable to pay her servants and cameraman, Fanny was obliged to lock herself in her bedroom and eat honey, the only food she had left. One by one the inhabitants popped their clogs, leaving Fanny alone in her bedroom with her jars of honey, dreams of grandeur, and memories of her travels and parties. But, when she'd finished the last jar of honey, she went into a deep depression and was eventually obliged to surrender herself to the grannies ...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Just been watching the local news and apparently today was the World Black Pudding Throwing Championships. Who comes up with these ideas? We are absolutely nuts in this country! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Just been watching the local news and apparently today was the World Black Pudding Throwing Championships. Who comes up with these ideas? We are absolutely nuts in this country! 😂😂
that's The Goodies all over - ecky thump! (please tell me you are old enough to remember the black pudding episode??)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I just remembered this guy in our office years back. He refused to learn to drive. Total jerk - office parties were organised around picking him up, him never standing the rest of us a round (we were all on the same pay), him getting plastered because most other people had to drive, and someone taking him back home off his face.
This made me laugh. We have friends who have elected not to drive on ethical grounds - citing saving the planet as a reason not to. This is fine, but they spend all their time trying to cadge lifts and trying to modify the plans of others to fit in with theirs to get them where they want to go. They don't drink, so they don't buy a round but their soft drinks aren't necessarily a much cheaper option, except for them, it is free because they are always bought by other people, I bite my tongue but it is hard.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
This is an interesting article by Hugh Montgomery on bbc.com…”The Talented Mr Ripley is a sociopath for our Instagram age.”

“The con-artistry of Ripley speaks more than ever to an age where the carefully-curated and crafted image trumps reality” “…its story of a social-climbing con-man is more pertinent than ever.”

I rented Purple Noon in the early 90s back when you rented a whole stack for the weekend viewing, and the whole time I was watching The Talented Mr. Ripley almost 10 years later, I kept thinking I'd seen it before. It was probably another year before I read a review of Mr Ripley that mentioned it was a remake and my sanity was restored.

Reactions: 5
If you go back to thd beginning of her instagram posts she brags she is riding a bicycle whilst wearing vintage Gallliano. She loves to mention how well traveled she is as well. How one affords that and all those ridiculous high heels and countless wardrobe changes with matching hats is beyond me unless she inherited a fortune. She has terrible taste as well. She showed up to Christies looking like a Laura Ashley housewife who thinks she's sexy by virtue of constantly tossling her over bleached hair. Then she tells them she studied English literature. But wait. What about that supposed opera career? Is there any evidence of that? Meanwhile she sounds like a feeble old woman when she sings with wobbly vibrato.

One last note. She used to wear a diamond band on the middle finger of her left hand. Now it's gone and on her ring finger she wears that gold ring which looks very similar to Philip's...
Mini Apron said she'd given that ring to Stephanie. She said her mother had given it to her so she was passing it on. But I do agree it looks suss.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
So Julia's château is stunning, marvelous, amazing and everything La Lande is not.
Wonder if SJ is kicking herself, for not having that château and being stuck with La Décharge.
Also, those bloopers made the ending seem so unprofessional. Bloopers come at the end of the video... 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
That’s the message I go as well
I can access it but the most recent pic I can see is the chandelier one she took when she first arrived. And her stories are just the dancing vids. But I suppose they don't stay up long anyway.

Last edited:
I always have the feeling that Nati does NOT like that future space. She can decide on nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if she calls it quits in the coming months, before having to move in. I don't see that she will be able to put up with the antics of her boss for much longer.
I think Natti will give it one more summer and then call it quits. She isn't going to meet anyone at HMN unless by a miracle. She may have an admirer or admirers from being in the CD, like Selmar. If she has any sense, they will be kept away and the romance conducted elsewhere. Failing that, she may travel and meet someone suitable during the winter. I hope so.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I agree that BPD is not a helpful diagnosis for everyone, "it's labelling" and has a lot of negative connotations.There are prejudices and assumptions around the label which I am well aware of, living with somebody with it. I think no one should diagnose any condition without a full psychiatric evaluation. People often present with developmental disorders too and mental health issues and it's easy to misdiagnose. . BPD develops most often after a traumatic or abusive childhood, abandonment at a young age, loss of a parent,lack of love from a parent or guardian. . It's most common in people who were brought up in care
I'm going to share my own experiences as the site is anonymous and not judgemental. I worked primarily with adults brought up in a particular childrens home, which was closed down because it had been an abusive environment. Many clients had severe and enduring mental health issues, and BPD was very common. Marie hints at a difficult childhood with an alcoholic father and she seems reluctant to go home to her family? As I said I wasn't a psychiatrist, I was a behavioural therapist working on strategies for clients to help them cope with their many social difficulties eg explosive anger, relationships. I had mental health training in my degree, but to decide what someone has
without an assessment was not part of my training .
The lines blur between people on the spectrum and with a personality disorder.
My husband has BPD due to an abusive background, is aware of his diagnosis. He was previously misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder and the medication did nothing. He was then diagnosed as having Aspergers which we challenged as I felt it was wrong.. He got another opinion a few years ago, and got the proper treatment pathway. His life has turned around. He is off medication that made him ill and feels he is in charge of his life again and able to work at his career. He sees a psychotherapist and manages it extremely well with Dialetic Behavioural Therapy (DBT).
Without the help he got he wouldnt be able to manage it.

Here are the traits of someone with BPD. Not everybody with BPD has all of them. Not everybody with BPD is difficult socially, or any of the other negative connotations people infer.
The behaviour Marie displays reminds me so much of my clients and my husband so I expressed my own opinion. I'm not qualified to diagnose. It's just my gut feeling.
Thank you very much for that background and info.
So well done for getting your husband on the best track. It's difficult to counter the assumptions of any doctor.
You actually explained very very well why I consider 'BPD' to be one of the worst and cruellest psychiatric labels ever.

I studied psychology at uni for 7yrs+. I became truly sickened at the way patients are treated - or, rather, mistreated. 99.9% of everyone labelled 'BPD' have a very sad childhood history of chronic abuse, unstable primary carers who ensure a chaotic lifestyle. These poor children reach adulthood entirely traumatised.

In short, 'BPD' should be scrapped for the slapdash convenience it really is for doctors. They don't understand, can't be bothered or don't want to risk straying outside their billing codes. Pejorative labels and useless meds are easier.

Having read and studied widely, thought long and written much about it and allied conditions, my suggestion is not to label emotional and developmental difficulties by behaviour but to recognise the victimhood, the profound trauma, and support victim-led and orientated healing from that, with lots of compassion and practical help (which is rather as you and your husband have found best).
And call it Childhood Trauma Injuries or something very similar. Anything that doesn't convey that the victim is at fault and which roots the issues firmly in the cause: abuse injuries.
Who says psychs are right? They do. Nothing in the DSM5 is cast in stone.

It's promising that the new crop of psychs coming along now are far more interested in getting to the truth of this so called BPD and also PTSD, anxiety and depression. The new wave are beginning to construct a more accurate perspective of victimisation and societal dysfunction resulting in injuries which then give rise to behaviours that most others don't understand and find challenging.

Forgive me, I could (and have!!) write thousands of words about all this!

Who knows what Miss Wilt's issues really are.? Though we can recognise that some of her behaviour and attitudes are noticeably unhelpful to herself and annoying or troubling to others.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I imagine Fanny must be very jealous of the woman who bought that chateau (in tonight's vlog) on her recommendation. What a difference to LL! The grounds are really beautiful. Fanny was her usual OTT, irritating self, and kept talking over and interrupting the agent showing them round. She should have shut up and just let him talk without commenting. She should have just told the woman privately how wonderful she thought it was rather than getting her points over while the man was trying to explain. At least Snorts didn't say too much; I think he is somewhat inhibited when there are other adults there, like Davy and the agent. Fanny does not count as an adult! They were in winter clothes so it must have been filmed months ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm thinking about the girl who recieved the La Lande Scholarship. No update from her or Villantolli....
She confirmed on patron that the recipient is doing well, there will be an update a bit later on and that the sponsorship is for the entire duration of the course.

i read somewhere that the scholarship is going to be extended for the total amount of years she will be at school and that she is doing great. I probably read that in one of that patreon videos that was linked here
Sorry, I replied the same, not realising you had. Sorry. Glad you have confirmed it.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.