The Chateau Diaries #52 SJ and BJJ, under the Tuscan sun. A honeymoon or a holiday?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have my theories but for now I will stick to what I do know. She has invested (time and money) in the Lalande tour/workshop dream. She has become the mouthpiece/shield/defender for Lalande. She has yet to recoup on her investment. Brenda may become another wild card.
Various Brendas have been very active on the live chats. Never DB, at least as far as I can look back. On the whole, no point in dwelling on that. A few terrible "vlogs", cobbled together from her "Chateau reconnaisance" trip in the middle of the pandemic. She runs 3 facebook groups with an iron fist.. Domineering, and opinionated beyond belief, best ignored. Till the end of time. That said, if you really want to know more https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwxiCum7Xmk8n0ZIhHLiX5A Enjoy!:sleep:

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Oh there are so many of her dresses / outfits that I would happily Bag - Bin or Burn it !!!

Lets start off with the blue and white stripped OpShoppe dress/shirty thingy ! :sick:
but to get rid of those you’d need to touch them - eeeech 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Loved it all and read to the end - and I was not going to go into the vacc topic but since you have been brave to say your story - it is mine too. Many cannot have the vacc - auto immune conditions are tricky with any vacc - the side effects are known and the risks very real. Plus to get the vacc would mean not taking medication for weeks either side of the vaccs - risking a flare. Its not as cut and dried with probably MILLIONS of people. None of us want to be in any part of this situation. For some its not as easy as - rollup your sleeve and get jabbed. As for Stefanny and her giving patter -ons a brief run down of chateau progress in her nightie and foils - say it bloody all!
I don't think it's particularly brave! Probably self-indulgent. The vax subject is infinitely more nuanced than a straightforward for or against, yes or no.

So sorry you're in a similar boat. It's a bloody bore having s long term, chronic illness which decides to deteriorate in a pandemic! And being in a state of protracted splendid isolation can be wearying and wearing. Retaining ones sense of humour is vital. The clowns, many and various, within the chateausphere help enormously to keep one entertained...though not necessarily in the way intended. Almost without exception, they are cartoon characters. And some are thoroughly unpleasant and downright nasty. Dan Is my "exception to the rule". He seems to have the measure of the direction his life has taken since he started working for Princess Tippy Toes. fingers crossed he doesn't get infected by the chateau contagion of greed or any of the variant strains!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
The likelihood of my getting access to a ventilator in a overwhelmed hospital system is almost nil. They ration them here -- over 60, over a certain BMI, respiratory disease, all are unspoken criteria for denying access to a ventilator.
A really bad death, alone, vs. neither persuasive nor universal evidence of side effects?
I was vaccinated ASAP, with absolutely no side effects.
Fortunately our hospitals are not overwhelmed - well at the moment - so if we got into a bad situation I would not be ventilated .... I do think they would save the younger people first , like they do when accessing transplants etc.
I have had the two shots of Astrazeneca and I was sick for two days ( like coming down with a very bad flu and the headaches were something else) but they went away and the second shot was a breeze!
They are saying we may need a booster shot and if we do .... I will get that too.
Its up to people to decide really and I was so happy to read you did not have any problems with the injections purejuice ! :)

• Heart
I had to laugh at the comment praising Dan's choice of music today. I kept muting it unless he was speaking.
I agree with you. I think all the praise for his music choices have made him go a bit overboard with it. I enjoy some music but I also enjoy the sounds of nature or everyday life. Constantly starting and stopping the music gets to me after a while. Oh well, to each their own.

Various Brendas have been very active on the live chats. Never DB, at least as far as I can look back. On the whole, no point in dwelling on that. A few terrible "vlogs", cobbled together from her "Chateau reconnaisanc"e trip in the middle of the pandemic. 3 facebook groups. Domineering, and opinionated beyond belief, best ignored. Till the end of time. That said, if you really want to know more https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwxiCum7Xmk8n0ZIhHLiX5A Enj
Thank you. She also has two instagram accounts that are used very little now; alittlepieceoffrance an anirishmammysadventures. I was aware of her YT channel and the last bizzare flog that she posted from Lalande. We are coming up to the 1st anniversary of the Lalande lovefest/planning session that she was there for but was not in front of the camera. The company you keep is very telling. How is that working out for you Brenda???
The Chateau Diaries: THE TRAY THAT RENOVATED A CHATEAU! @25:49

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Isabelle Jarvis Michael Morrison I believe in the goodness of mankind, I must be right since humans have survived for millennia.
I can guarantee if you ever meet IJ in person, you will lose all faith in the goodness of mankind. How anyone would survive that kind of evil is one of the biggest mysteries tom me. Her own mother, SJ's grandmother used to warn everybody for IJ's malice.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
We do not even know if Cara was advised on what to wear to provide maximum contrast to petite Mme la Chatelaine and Nutty? :unsure: SJ: "Oh, how pretty I will look, so tiny, slim and beautiful next to Cara in her batik jumpsuit!" :sick::mad:
Anyone notice that Nutti was dressed unusually plain, like a Spanish abuela, knees covered, all demure and elegant? Methinks they script and plan everything much more carefully than we give them credit for, including outfits at the GAG. And anyone would look terrible if they were squeezed uncomfortably behind a low coffeetable laden with porselain[sic] and huge parcels. They could have found a more suitable place for the giftgrabbing, surely!
Yeah, I think this is a thread, Enforcing the Mean Girls Editing Decorative Guests Aesthetic.....I do believe, though I'm not as good as some of you are in apprehending, that more and more is scripted by SJ and PJ. I'm not sure a no-volunteers subliminal msg is being sent -- they were nice to Klaus -- but certainly a no fatties (except if well-heeled, like Shrek and Fiona) ukaze has been issued.

I have in error (my excuse...waiting for my washing machine to finish it's cycle) watched 20 minutes of the cadeaux debarcle.... Oh I felt for Clara the uncomfortable vibe.. the way SJ and Nutti huddled together saying 'ohh yes a party next week' like a couple of school girl bullies!! If it at all possible made me dislike Cadeaux at the Chateau even more.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
FRK may as well send smoke signals. This is how she does business???
View attachment 706357
ah yes announcing on Instagram to prospective clients/collaborators your form of business communication consists of stating “leave me alone I’ll respond to you when I’m ready-don’t tell me what to do”

why bother with direct communication-don’t want anyone feeling special do we

building the business into the Empire of Dead Flowers and Broken Dreams takes up so much of her times he can’t be bothered with drafting letters or even emails-plus postage is expensive

it usually takes folks at least two years to trash a teed-up business but she is doing it in record time-in fact, they all are destructive forces-something is in the water at the Chateaux-must be the lead 😏

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hi I know this is old news but I must have missed it bu what happened with Brenda gibbons? When I watched the diaries she was always the biggest supporter and basic controller of the live chat ? Can someone tell me what what wrong? I was a huge fan during quarantine and fell into the rabbit hole but so happy I found this site to confirm by uneasy feelings about the diaries and Michael and even ryan. Amazing how he has spent all that mone y and has the cheek to beg for more I’m still in shock. And as for Marie now begging and getting a car for free, the weird Phillip is he isnt he a thing with Stephanie fake posh accent always agreeing he really needs to piss off. She had much better volunteers she could have employed than him. Anyway I must stop my rant before the blood pressure rises I only wanted to know about Brenda lol
Nothing happened to good 'ol BG, she's still SJ's biggest fan and defender of the grifting. She has set her grabby little fingers on taking as much profit from this hobby by joining SJ in a tour schedule across France to visit all the shitshows (who didn't know about it and complained about not getting their share). Because of Covid everything got postponed, but I'm sure we will at some point see BG give acte de présence in one of SJ's vlogs....

• Heart
P

Oh there are so many of her dresses / outfits that I would happily Bag - Bin or Burn it !!!

Lets start off with the blue and white stripped OpShoppe dress/shirty thingy ! :sick:
Noo. The first thing that has to go is the scruffy yellow jumper. It's vile.

• Heart
  • Haha
Just to slightly derail, but it does relate to a running topic within the CD threads so.may I beg your collective indulgence for a moment. Not all of those who remain unvaccinated are in any way anti-vax. It might only be a tiny percentage but there are those - me included - who have health "issues" which might be exacerbated by the vaccine, and it's too much of a risk to take the chance. Whether anything untoward would happen is impossible to predict and is like asking how long is a piece of string. There's no definitive answer. But after weighing up the pros and cons of my ongoing situation vs an unknown quantity, and based on conversations with my GP, a consultant and a friend who's a retired consultant physician, I remain jobless. It means that life, or my little world at home, for the time being continues to be within closed borders, as it has been since last year. Which isn't a whole heap of fun. I'm not looking for sympathy or playing the martyrdom card...to use a Davyism, "it is what it is".

Anyways (!), back on track...

I've been mulling over Friar Ivo. I get the distinct whiff of eau de poisson. I need to watch/listen to Sunday's vlog again, although I'm not sure I've got the necessary calm karma to suffer SJ in her Pucci frock and toile de Jouy kitten heels all over again! I also want to try to persuade Gargle/Gargoyle Translate to cooperate and turn some obscure discussion forum I found from Catalan into English. It's probably red herring sleuthing and completely irrelevant to CD. But I'm both fascinated and bewildered by the - apparent - enormous wealth swirling around Ivo. And the vast and eclectic collection of antiquities and artefacts in the chateau makes me wonder about their provenance, and how he came to acquire them. A profiteer? A privateer?

One thing is clear: he's NOT a knight in the sense of being a baronet (UK hereditary title). The Forensa family is well-known and well-connected but, as far as I can make out, he's not a Spanish/Catalan/Andorran nobleman. The knight/baronet reference in the auction details of items from his private collection - as cited in the last thread - is sloppy (but eye-catching) copywriting by the Singapore auction house. It relates to Knights Templar...the conversation in the "Christian Salon" is what sent me headlong down a rabbit hole.

That's enough about that. Moving on to FRK and her relentless quest to get everything for nothing and have the world handed to her on a plate. Her guest appearance on the Fleurie's Sunday vlog surely to goodness will have posed questions with all but the most stalwart/blind/dim of her supporters about what exactly they are supporting? It was an avalanche in slow motion. She really does not have a clue. She knows nothing about - and cares even less - flowers, except for a few names which she drops into conversation. Hydrangeagate was unintentionally hilarious. She's a one trick pony with the "florals" she produces. I hope that's the end of the vlogging BFF she has engineered and wheedled her way into with Anna. The change of title and thumbnail was telling. Perhaps they suddenly saw the light? No doubt the "interview" with Anna will be every bit as painful and unsuccessful as the ones before. There are many reasons why Marie's foray into interviewing is so excruciating, not least that she lacks the skills required (doing her homework, asking pertinent questions and listening to the answers would be a start).

And then Marie embarking on the next phase of global domination with her return to England. With nowhere to live. To do what exactly, other than peddle some half-baked credo that relies heavily on emotional blackmail? No firm plans beyond returning to France for her first (and only?) wedding flowers' commission plus the Team Lalande outing to Versailles for Phlip-Phlop's birthday. Which is a joke in itself, as she patently loathes BJJ.

At best, Marie is certainly not short of self belief. At worst, she takes delusion to a level beyond the intergalactic. All while manipulating suckers to cough up,and fuel her Walter Mitty manifesto (and her car!).

Just one more thing. Stephane: my gut instinct is that she has been rattled by patrons suddenly becoming more assertive, more questioning, more demanding in terms of asking probing questions about work in progress, a schedule or works, time frames, future projects, project management, costings. Being held to account is not in her psyche. She needs to keep the patrons sweet. Transparency. Organised. Efficient. Focus. The scattergun approach towards her grandiose schemes and her not inconsiderable charm is not enough if she doesn't want patrons to vote with their feet.

Incidentally, i was chatting to a friend who drives to and from the South of France quite frequently, breaking the journey each way with an over-nighter at a chateau/manoir type B&B (not hellholes in the middle of nowhere). They quite often chose to have the table d'hote supper en famille with the B&B host. She said that €35 p.h. Is the absolute maximum she and her husband would pay: drink & amuse bouche pre supper, starter, main course, cheese, pudding - wine with the meal, perhaps a digestif offered with coffee afterwards. Delicious food - simple, locally sourced if not homegrown, beautifully cooked, elegantly presented in lovely surroundings, interesting and convivial conversation. She couldn't speak for laughing when I told her what one got for the Lalande Experience at €50 p.h.

Way, way too long a post. If you've read to the end, I can say only that I'm very greatful

I am happy to see someone else's spidey senses going off re: the Knights Templar and the orders in that room. Also incredibly curious about his source of wealth...so excited to see what your research uncovers!

Reactions: 16
Right..I do vaguely remember something about tours etc. - so its her. The plot thickens..CD is like Midsomer Murders - every episode - someone comes to a weird end.

Drify looking to borrow a place to live - not is there a place I can rent - someone will front up with a place for her. I actually worry about her,heavens knows what people see these requests.
Gritty-drifty, looking for a place to livety. The FRK Story

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Did Cara delete her instagram? Or did she just block me personally? I never commented on anything she posted....

• Wow
Reactions: 6
You guys have been so busy, I just caught up reading it all.

Backtracking: Really? Cloud Atlas? Ouch, I will happily never see it again. My favorite movie and book was The Martian. More science, less philosophy.

I'd like to add my thanks to those watching and tattling on the vlogs; your sacrifice is greatly appreciated.

I had to laugh at the comment praising Dan's choice of music today. I kept muting it unless he was speaking.

Does anyone know if MPK's boyfriend is vaccinated? Side note: a Florida doctor I was talking with said every patient he's sent to the hospital with covid was a Type 2 diabetic. An 'oh, tit' moment for me; good thing I'm happy staying home. (And, yes, I'm vaccinated. Just very cautious.)
Exacto. I'll get the vax and every booster they got.
But I will not, I cannot, I shall not, watch the vlogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Christian evangelicals in the US are the stronghold of anti-vax. There are about 20 million anti vaxxers among them. It's political and cultural, not religious, and sober Christian evangelicals have decided to make a Christian argument for vaccination. Along the lines of Love thy neighbor, get thy vax. Their material is very good, and answers every fear and objection raised even by the unChristian, including the fetal tissue problem. I recommend it to everyone.
it is indeed political (and somewhat cultural)—it never should have been-this is a world wide health issue-not who wins American Idol

it is, for the most part, healthy people conspiring to play a game of chicken with everyone else’s health that is standing in the way of making progress against this damn disease not the few for whom a vaccine is not medically appropriate

those statements about “you should do your research (doubt they have read any peer reviewed scientific research) and “and you are sheep” (look in the mirror ruminant) are propaganda (they forgot to research the meaning of it) created for a political agenda

their pysop won’t work if we all stay well informed

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.