The Chateau Diaries #52 SJ and BJJ, under the Tuscan sun. A honeymoon or a holiday?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes..... she was dressed so different to her usual style...... like she had been to a funeral !
It was somber wasn't it - and that made the whole thing with Stefanny in her hallucinogenic sun frock, Cara going batik look all the more bizarre. Its interesting to note that social distancing is not evident in vloggers videos. Made watching Antiques Roadshow hilarious - everyone is 1.5m away from the antique and each other...its like they are afraid of their heirloom.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So, maybe she didn't finish the course or maybe she failed
That would be my theory as well. She always drones on about how she went to Oxford, but did ever she state, that she graduated from Oxford. If what we see now is only an inkling of how she behaved in her twenties, I wouldn't think she'd pass any Undergraduate programm. Also, Kat did find her dissertation papers, but didn't open it, so we don't know the result. (If she recieved her dissertation papers, does it mean she passed? Anyone who could explain the context?)

RE: Covid. In Denmark we are going out of the 2nd wave. Although, many of us are expecting a 3rd and a 4th wave hitting at some point - also, those who are currently bringing the case numbers up are people in the age group 20 - 29, because they can't stop partying during summer. :rolleyes: :cautious:
But masks are no longer mandatory, unless traveling in public transport. I still wear a mask though, I am not taking any chances. I am scheduled to recieve my second jab tomorrow, but I still fear all the variants, that are coming.

RE: Travelling. I think it is a fair point Cocktail Corner brings up. The Marquis can defend himself, he is a big boy ;). But I do feel it boils down to responsiblility.
We've seen SJ travel around all of France in quick succesion, but we rarely she her wear mask, or get CPR-tests done, or recieving her 2nd dose of the vaccine.
We did see her wear masks, when she had to. We saw her get a nose swap and we saw her get her 1st dose of the vaccine. Yet she has this huge platform, but doesn't tell her followers to be safe, wear a mask, get tested, say yes to the vaccine etc. along with being maskless when near other château people, and the idioticity of Phillys' quarantining, and how she ignored the rules for her wonderful COVID Christmas.
That being said, I wouldn't blame anybody for wanting to travel after a year of lockdown, however I do most certainly expect them to be responsible!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I don't know but my point is comparing SJ's trips since the start of the pandemic and those traveling now is unfair.
Apologies, I tried to quote another post (Cocktail Corner?) about travelling in the pandemic, and yours had been quoted too, so it looked as if I was answering you when I wasn't . I realised and tried to delete, but couldn't. Very confusing 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just to slightly derail, but it does relate to a running topic within the CD threads so.may I beg your collective indulgence for a moment. Not all of those who remain unvaccinated are in any way anti-vax. It might only be a tiny percentage but there are those - me included - who have health "issues" which might be exacerbated by the vaccine, and it's too much of a risk to take the chance. Whether anything untoward would happen is impossible to predict and is like asking how long is a piece of string. There's no definitive answer. But after weighing up the pros and cons of my ongoing situation vs an unknown quantity, and based on conversations with my GP, a consultant and a friend who's a retired consultant physician, I remain jobless. It means that life, or my little world at home, for the time being continues to be within closed borders, as it has been since last year. Which isn't a whole heap of fun. I'm not looking for sympathy or playing the martyrdom card...to use a Davyism, "it is what it is".

Anyways (!), back on track...

I've been mulling over Friar Ivo. I get the distinct whiff of eau de poisson. I need to watch/listen to Sunday's vlog again, although I'm not sure I've got the necessary calm karma to suffer SJ in her Pucci frock and toile de Jouy kitten heels all over again! I also want to try to persuade Gargle/Gargoyle Translate to cooperate and turn some obscure discussion forum I found from Catalan into English. It's probably red herring sleuthing and completely irrelevant to CD. But I'm both fascinated and bewildered by the - apparent - enormous wealth swirling around Ivo. And the vast and eclectic collection of antiquities and artefacts in the chateau makes me wonder about their provenance, and how he came to acquire them. A profiteer? A privateer?

One thing is clear: he's NOT a knight in the sense of being a baronet (UK hereditary title). The Forensa family is well-known and well-connected but, as far as I can make out, he's not a Spanish/Catalan/Andorran nobleman. The knight/baronet reference in the auction details of items from his private collection - as cited in the last thread - is sloppy (but eye-catching) copywriting by the Singapore auction house. It relates to Knights Templar...the conversation in the "Christian Salon" is what sent me headlong down a rabbit hole.

That's enough about that. Moving on to FRK and her relentless quest to get everything for nothing and have the world handed to her on a plate. Her guest appearance on the Fleurie's Sunday vlog surely to goodness will have posed questions with all but the most stalwart/blind/dim of her supporters about what exactly they are supporting? It was an avalanche in slow motion. She really does not have a clue. She knows nothing about - and cares even less - flowers, except for a few names which she drops into conversation. Hydrangeagate was unintentionally hilarious. She's a one trick pony with the "florals" she produces. I hope that's the end of the vlogging BFF she has engineered and wheedled her way into with Anna. The change of title and thumbnail was telling. Perhaps they suddenly saw the light? No doubt the "interview" with Anna will be every bit as painful and unsuccessful as the ones before. There are many reasons why Marie's foray into interviewing is so excruciating, not least that she lacks the skills required (doing her homework, asking pertinent questions and listening to the answers would be a start).

And then Marie embarking on the next phase of global domination with her return to England. With nowhere to live. To do what exactly, other than peddle some half-baked credo that relies heavily on emotional blackmail? No firm plans beyond returning to France for her first (and only?) wedding flowers' commission plus the Team Lalande outing to Versailles for Phlip-Phlop's birthday. Which is a joke in itself, as she patently loathes BJJ.

At best, Marie is certainly not short of self belief. At worst, she takes delusion to a level beyond the intergalactic. All while manipulating suckers to cough up,and fuel her Walter Mitty manifesto (and her car!).

Just one more thing. Stephane: my gut instinct is that she has been rattled by patrons suddenly becoming more assertive, more questioning, more demanding in terms of asking probing questions about work in progress, a schedule or works, time frames, future projects, project management, costings. Being held to account is not in her psyche. She needs to keep the patrons sweet. Transparency. Organised. Efficient. Focus. The scattergun approach towards her grandiose schemes and her not inconsiderable charm is not enough if she doesn't want patrons to vote with their feet.

Incidentally, i was chatting to a friend who drives to and from the South of France quite frequently, breaking the journey each way with an over-nighter at a chateau/manoir type B&B (not hellholes in the middle of nowhere). They quite often chose to have the table d'hote supper en famille with the B&B host. She said that €35 p.h. Is the absolute maximum she and her husband would pay: drink & amuse bouche pre supper, starter, main course, cheese, pudding - wine with the meal, perhaps a digestif offered with coffee afterwards. Delicious food - simple, locally sourced if not homegrown, beautifully cooked, elegantly presented in lovely surroundings, interesting and convivial conversation. She couldn't speak for laughing when I told her what one got for the Lalande Experience at €50 p.h.

Way, way too long a post. If you've read to the end, I can say only that I'm very greatful

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Funny how Isabelle and Percy are now holding down the gift grab live chat. Nutti and SJ have been MIA. Boy Wonder shows up late and isn't very chatty. Michael Morrison, how is the baby making coming along??? Is the jet out for repairs??? Your health as of late has been a topic for conversation again, what's up this time??? Why are you still in FL, no Park City UT, no CT, no Hamptons visit??? Donna Davis is still waiting for your music compositions. So much to do so little time, maybe you should take a back seat in the live chats or find a new place to spin your fiction. It's laughable that you have adopted Isabelle and Percy or have they adopted you???

From the 8/2 gift grab
Michael Morrison This is the BEST COMMUNITY. Such an extraordinary group of people from all over the world. The love & care here gives me great hope for the world. There’s more love then we hear about.
Isabelle Jarvis Michael Morrison I believe in the goodness of mankind, I must be right since humans have survived for millennia.

From the 8/9 gift grab. This exchange was due to 7 thumbs down. Lalande is concerned with their YT numbers??? :unsure:
Michael Morrison So strange that people would give a thumbs down to a channel that raises money for such incredible charities. I’ll never understand some people. Make sure you do a thumbs up & counteract them
Sarah Yates @Michael Morrison some people are just so jealous and selfish they just hate it when anyone does anything good in life. They’re very sad people…karma will get them!
Percy Attfield @Michael Morrison absolutely you are right about strange responses.
CA Garden @Michael Morrison I don't understand that attitude either. Good reminder-thumbs up.
Michael Morrison @Percy Attfield I guess it’s just people that are miserable in their own lives, so they feel the need to share that misery with others. I guess. Maybe one day they’ll find some joy and spread that.
Sarah Yates @Michael Morrison fortunately we have more here from lovely people than the trolls, haters &
jetje @Michael Morrison @Sarah Yates still blows my mind too that people hate on this channel
Michael Morrison @jetje I’m guessing it’s just jealousy.
ellie wood Haters are NOT even worth mentioning. There are so many lovely people in this community. They out weigh the bad energy and ridiculous haters.
They do seem to protest at bit TOO much about the very few thumbs down. Every channel gets them - move on. What they are doing is team building. Having a critical eye is not always jealousy, its sanity.

Reactions: 15
Just to slightly derail, but it does relate to a running topic within the CD threads so.may I beg your collective indulgence for a moment. Not all of those who remain unvaccinated are in any way anti-vax. It might only be a tiny percentage but there are those - me included - who have health "issues" which might be exacerbated by the vaccine, and it's too much of a risk to take the chance. Whether anything untoward would happen is impossible to predict and is like asking how long is a piece of string. There's no definitive answer. But after weighing up the pros and cons of my ongoing situation vs an unknown quantity, and based on conversations with my GP, a consultant and a friend who's a retired consultant physician, I remain jobless. It means that life, or my little world at home, for the time being continues to be within closed borders, as it has been since last year. Which isn't a whole heap of fun. I'm not looking for sympathy or playing the martyrdom card...to use a Davyism, "it is what it is".

Anyways (!), back on track...

I've been mulling over Friar Ivo. I get the distinct whiff of eau de poisson. I need to watch/listen to Sunday's vlog again, although I'm not sure I've got the necessary calm karma to suffer SJ in her Pucci frock and toile de Jouy kitten heels all over again! I also want to try to persuade Gargle/Gargoyle Translate to cooperate and turn some obscure discussion forum I found from Catalan into English. It's probably red herring sleuthing and completely irrelevant to CD. But I'm both fascinated and bewildered by the - apparent - enormous wealth swirling around Ivo. And the vast and eclectic collection of antiquities and artefacts in the chateau makes me wonder about their provenance, and how he came to acquire them. A profiteer? A privateer?

One thing is clear: he's NOT a knight in the sense of being a baronet (UK hereditary title). The Forensa family is well-known and well-connected but, as far as I can make out, he's not a Spanish/Catalan/Andorran nobleman. The knight/baronet reference in the auction details of items from his private collection - as cited in the last thread - is sloppy (but eye-catching) copywriting by the Singapore auction house. It relates to Knights Templar...the conversation in the "Christian Salon" is what sent me headlong down a rabbit hole.

That's enough about that. Moving on to FRK and her relentless quest to get everything for nothing and have the world handed to her on a plate. Her guest appearance on the Fleurie's Sunday vlog surely to goodness will have posed questions with all but the most stalwart/blind/dim of her supporters about what exactly they are supporting? It was an avalanche in slow motion. She really does not have a clue. She knows nothing about - and cares even less - flowers, except for a few names which she drops into conversation. Hydrangeagate was unintentionally hilarious. She's a one trick pony with the "florals" she produces. I hope that's the end of the vlogging BFF she has engineered and wheedled her way into with Anna. The change of title and thumbnail was telling. Perhaps they suddenly saw the light? No doubt the "interview" with Anna will be every bit as painful and unsuccessful as the ones before. There are many reasons why Marie's foray into interviewing is so excruciating, not least that she lacks the skills required (doing her homework, asking pertinent questions and listening to the answers would be a start).

And then Marie embarking on the next phase of global domination with her return to England. With nowhere to live. To do what exactly, other than peddle some half-baked credo that relies heavily on emotional blackmail? No firm plans beyond returning to France for her first (and only?) wedding flowers' commission plus the Team Lalande outing to Versailles for Phlip-Phlop's birthday. Which is a joke in itself, as she patently loathes BJJ.

At best, Marie is certainly not short of self belief. At worst, she takes delusion to a level beyond the intergalactic. All while manipulating suckers to cough up,and fuel her Walter Mitty manifesto (and her car!).

Just one more thing. Stephane: my gut instinct is that she has been rattled by patrons suddenly becoming more assertive, more questioning, more demanding in terms of asking probing questions about work in progress, a schedule or works, time frames, future projects, project management, costings. Being held to account is not in her psyche. She needs to keep the patrons sweet. Transparency. Organised. Efficient. Focus. The scattergun approach towards her grandiose schemes and her not inconsiderable charm is not enough if she doesn't want patrons to vote with their feet.

Incidentally, i was chatting to a friend who drives to and from the South of France quite frequently, breaking the journey each way with an over-nighter at a chateau/manoir type B&B (not hellholes in the middle of nowhere). They quite often chose to have the table d'hote supper en famille with the B&B host. She said that €35 p.h. Is the absolute maximum she and her husband would pay: drink & amuse bouche pre supper, starter, main course, cheese, pudding - wine with the meal, perhaps a digestif offered with coffee afterwards. Delicious food - simple, locally sourced if not homegrown, beautifully cooked, elegantly presented in lovely surroundings, interesting and convivial conversation. She couldn't speak for laughing when I told her what one got for the Lalande Experience at €50 p.h.

Way, way too long a post. If you've read to the end, I can say only that I'm very greatful
Loved it all and read to the end - and I was not going to go into the vacc topic but since you have been brave to say your story - it is mine too. Many cannot have the vacc - auto immune conditions are tricky with any vacc - the side effects are known and the risks very real. Plus to get the vacc would mean not taking medication for weeks either side of the vaccs - risking a flare. Its not as cut and dried with probably MILLIONS of people. None of us want to be in any part of this situation. For some its not as easy as - rollup your sleeve and get jabbed. As for Stefanny and her giving patter -ons a brief run down of chateau progress in her nightie and foils - say it bloody all!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hi I know this is old news but I must have missed it bu what happened with Brenda gibbons? When I watched the diaries she was always the biggest supporter and basic controller of the live chat ? Can someone tell me what what wrong? I was a huge fan during quarantine and fell into the rabbit hole but so happy I found this site to confirm by uneasy feelings about the diaries and Michael and even ryan. Amazing how he has spent all that mone y and has the cheek to beg for more I’m still in shock. And as for Marie now begging and getting a car for free, the weird Phillip is he isnt he a thing with Stephanie fake posh accent always agreeing he really needs to piss off. She had much better volunteers she could have employed than him. Anyway I must stop my rant before the blood pressure rises I only wanted to know about Brenda lol

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Loved it all and read to the end - and I was not going to go into the vacc topic but since you have been brave to say your story - it is mine too. Many cannot have the vacc - auto immune conditions are tricky with any vacc - the side effects are known and the risks very real. Plus to get the vacc would mean not taking medication for weeks either side of the vaccs - risking a flare. Its not as cut and dried with probably MILLIONS of people. None of us want to be in any part of this situation. For some its not as easy as - rollup your sleeve and get jabbed. As for Stefanny and her giving patter -ons a brief run down of chateau progress in her nightie and foils - say it bloody all!
Had my first jab 3 weeks ago, next in 3 weeks time. Pole sana - Swahili for very sorry (pole pronounced pauly) - for you but happily for me, no existing condition, or real after effects, barely even sore arm :)

• Heart
Hi I know this is old news but I must have missed it bu what happened with Brenda gibbons? When I watched the diaries she was always the biggest supporter and basic controller of the live chat ? Can someone tell me what what wrong? I was a huge fan during quarantine and fell into the rabbit hole but so happy I found this site to confirm by uneasy feelings about the diaries and Michael and even ryan. Amazing how he has spent all that mone y and has the cheek to beg for more I’m still in shock. And as for Marie now begging and getting a car for free, the weird Phillip is he isnt he a thing with Stephanie fake posh accent always agreeing he really needs to piss off. She had much better volunteers she could have employed than him. Anyway I must stop my rant before the blood pressure rises I only wanted to know about Brenda lol
Sorry Macson22 - I have no idea who she is - I am putting together she must be a superfan/moderator of the chats - I never read the live chats when I was down the rabbit hole - probably a blessing!

Reactions: 6
I have my theories but for now I will stick to what I do know. She has invested (time and money) in the Lalande tour/workshop dream. She has become the mouthpiece/shield/defender for Lalande. She has yet to recoup on her investment. Brenda may become another wild card.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Are you sure? Most of France?
66.66%
des Français ont reçu au moins une dose de vaccin, 55.58% ont reçu toutes les doses requises.

Il reste à vacciner au moins
13.34%
des Français avant d'atteindre un taux de vaccination de 80%.

N.B. : un taux de vaccination de 80% ne permet pas nécessairement d'atteindre une immunité collective.

Source: https://covidtracker.fr/vaccintracker/
I check on Covidtracker every day more or less, plus we have the tousanticovid phone app that we can upload our vaccination certificates to. You need those now to enter any restaurant, bar (including terraces), shopping centre etc. Mask wearing is obligatory in any indoor space and most costal areas now require a mask to be worn at all times outside. Even other communes away from the coast have gone back to mask wearing in all outside areas, the local Mayors have been given the choice whether to implement it or not.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.