The Chateau Diaries #50 Her laziness is spreading quicker than the delta variant.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone seen anything about Cara Winsor Hehir landing at Lalande. I went looking couldn’t find anything but I know there are talented sleuths amongst the tattlers. I did see more of her bio and works of art. She is not only a performance artist (from comedy to Shakespeare) but also an artist that does work with textiles. I guess her preferred is wool. Like her very colourful! She is also a lyricist.
Did I dream it or was there a conversation between her and the sewist? I seem to remember a conversation around arrival dates and who would be at the chateau.
If I am remembering correctly then I wonder why Sara and Steve are staying with Vivienne & Simon and not there to greet Cara. I know I would prefer anything other than LaLande.
PS: I also find that German fellow Klaus disturbing. I wonder how they screen people. Didn’t sound like much of a criteria. I would have deadbolts everywhere and I think I would get over my allergy/fear/dislike of dogs and I would have a very large scary one!

Reactions: 15
I have to say..... she is always gracious when thanking someone...... even shocking gifts!
Yeah, it most definitely is a true talent to be that phony and polite in even the most difficult of situations. One thing I admire about her is her rhino skin.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
In Italy both men and women use it.On a daily basis☺Rompere le scatole is a more delicate version.
I misread this and thought you were talking about a unisex perfume till I read back a few posts, what a popular perfume that would be!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I kind of like her and admire her work ethic. She is miles above SJ in that regard. She is a bit hyper, definitely an over achiever...which many people find aggravating since most just witch and do nothing. She is also a little too self-deprecating and overly polite...lol...hate that phony way people have of being polite to your face, but then stabbing you in the neck....but, hey, none of us are perfect. We all have our annoying quirks and habits. She gets things done and is an asset to that family. I also think her small Italian place is her way of regaining her identity and independence. I imagine the tiny size is a relief to renovate after dealing with that huge money pit.
I suggested a cooperation with Stephanie and she immediately answered that she will look into it. 😂
Once she discovers that she has that many subscribers I am sure either Steph will show up at her place or Julie at Lalande 😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
But Cransford Hall did indeed make the news with the Granny Farms scandal it was the new owners IJ and DJ sold to who were hung out to dry.
Unfortunately unless UJ and DJ were mentioned in the inquiry or court case, there's no evidence of them being involved in malpractice, and the new owners would have been quick to shift blame if they could, I'm sure. Some of the inmates and relatives involved in the inquiry would surely have mentioned the previous owners too.?
My husband and I used to run a catering business and sold it to some people who were closed down 6 months later by environmental health for dreadful hygiene practices. It was nothing to do with us, we got the maximum "scores on the doors", when we ran it. They ran it badly and cut corners to maximise profit.

Has anyone seen anything about Cara Winsor Hehir landing at Lalande. I went looking couldn’t find anything but I know there are talented sleuths amongst the tattlers. I did see more of her bio and works of art. She is not only a performance artist (from comedy to Shakespeare) but also an artist that does work with textiles. I guess her preferred is wool. Like her very colourful! She is also a lyricist.
Did I dream it or was there a conversation between her and the sewist? I seem to remember a conversation around arrival dates and who would be at the chateau.
If I am remembering correctly then I wonder why Sara and Steve are staying with Vivienne & Simon and not there to greet Cara. I know I would prefer anything other than LaLande.
PS: I also find that German fellow Klaus disturbing. I wonder how they screen people. Didn’t sound like much of a criteria. I would have deadbolts everywhere and I think I would get over my allergy/fear/dislike of dogs and I would have a very large scary one!
Here's her IG, fat_girl_on_a_bike. It looks like either she doesn't run into anybody or she's been told photographing the inmates/interiors is strictly forbidden. She's a good photographer treading very, very cautiously.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Can't imagine sj with a big dog though.Any dpg quite frankly...Who would feed it?train it?the poor dog would either starve or end up eating the guests.Or worse the peafowl and chickens ☹

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Didn't like to say it, but my instantaneous gut reaction too. He may be one of those unfortunate people who can't help the looks he was born with. Let's hope so.
But who rocks up to anyone's house and immediately sets about DIYing it without asking? At least he's on camera. That'd be helpful should the need arise.

As to 16 years without any means of securing the entries to one's home...the depth of irresponsibility is staggering. 30million+ channel views and not one of them an opportunist burglar??
But the more important question is surely, what on earth is there in that place that any burglar would want to steal? It's all tat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Reactions: 6
Good point, I never thought of the vegetarian angle. (I'm of the school thought which says I'm cooking one dinner for everybody, celiacs and vegans will discover something substantial they can make a good meal off from the array served, but will not be dictating to other guests or the cook what the menu is.)
I love the new cheeseboard aesthetic, I think they're works of art and really do make your mouth water. Aside from the fact that it is lamentably stingy, I think what's wrong with that big one for Maries' farewell dinner is breadth of access, you couldn't really get in across the board to cut a piece of cheese the size you wanted.
Also, wedges of melon, hard to serve yourself and eat as an hors d'oeuvre. Gobsmacked as I was to see a piece of fresh fruit served at Lalande.
I used to eat a fruit plate made by a trained sushi chef, one of the best restaurant dishes ever. He chose the ripest fruit and cut it up like an angel. Everything was cut into a forkable or fingerable morsel, apples, pears, plums, etc., thinly, almost transparent slices, and fanned out among the piles of berries and cherries. Wouldn't that be the way to cut melon for a cheese plate? Take a 1 1/2 in wedge, slice thinly crosswise, including skin which is nice looking and serves as a handle for eating with fingers. And fan.
I've never seen crudites on a cheese board, I think they deserve a platter of their own. It's confusing visually and inhospitable to have food you touch mixed in with food you shouldn't touch. Crowd control is definitely an aesthetic in presentation.
Here the second-rate deli ham rolls and carrot sticks and puny grape clusters have been used to flesh out the chintzy $12 array of supermarket ticky tacky cheese. That's what I'd call a duck you plate, decked out with what could be found at the back of the fridge.
People are terrible.

a long lean board would have been better for access and holy hell who eats cantaloupe like watermelon?

but can I ask those in the know-wooden boards for serving? (yes’m I know been around for ever in kitchens) how do you make them food safe for service? it gives me the ickies to see meats and cheese and fruit all co-contaminating like that-maybe because I don’t eat the meat stuff but ewwwww

Reactions: 10
a long lean board would have been better for access and holy hell who eats cantaloupe like watermelon?

but can I ask those in the know-wooden boards for serving? (yes’m I know been around for ever in kitchens) how do you make them food safe for service? it gives me the ickies to see meats and cheese and fruit all co-contaminating like that-maybe because I don’t eat the meat stuff but ewwwww
those plates are usually treated, coated with food grade varnishes in multiple layers. That is a MUST when creating wooden boards for kitchen use.

Reactions: 7
Didn't like to say it, but my instantaneous gut reaction too. He may be one of those unfortunate people who can't help the looks he was born with. Let's hope so.
But who rocks up to anyone's house and immediately sets about DIYing it without asking? At least he's on camera. That'd be helpful should the need arise.

As to 16 years without any means of securing the entries to one's home...the depth of irresponsibility is staggering. 30million+ channel views and not one of them an opportunist burglar??
My husband is one of those people who rocks up to someone's house and starts DIY ing I'm afraid. He always has a toolkit on his car. It's an obsession. He has to fiddle with things. He's just adjusting the fridge freezer doors right now as he says they "creak". He looks a bit dodgy too. I think this guest was just one of those DIY obsessives.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Good question. I'm many years out of the restaurant business.
USDA says put hardwoods in the dishwasher. Bamboo is less porous, scrub in hot soapy, sanitize (bleach/water solution), rinse, rub with mineral oil.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
❤ now that was clutter with style and fun-she is so charming-she loves every little thing and knows where each item came from -admit I do also love Miss Vanderbilt’s home-I love quirky objects that make you smile or bring a happy memory and they don’t have to have ”a history”

Fanny is always trying to “achieve” that feeling rather than having that feeling

what fun! thanks so much for sharing this video seeing!

btw I also have white walls and prefer them-keep trying color but it always feels distracting

maybe so-except Miss Vanderbilt will express her’s as curated which I expect it actually was-rather than manic purchasing because she had an influx of cash

Miss Vanderbilt had actual class however, not some sort of faux “I’m quite well brought up with a proper education and artistic training”

hate the fake accent Fanny uses-the pretentiousnes- ugh

and her LSD Therapy was the similar to Cary Grant’s therapy—also childhood trauma issues if I recall correctly
U know what is the most intersting about her - her hypocrisy - she didnt believe in inheritance but she herself would be nobody is she didnt come from money...
I believe fanny models herself on these hmm how to call them collectively ... poor little girls

Reactions: 9
In a restaurant I worked, we disinfected wooden and plastic boards and plates first, and then put them in the dishwasher.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Did anyone see the recent Patreon video.. In that Stephanie mentions about Tatiana who is selmar's gf for the past 6 months.. They have never met.. And September is the first time she is meeting selmar... And will be Introduced to selmar's mother and then brought to lalande to introduce to the rest... One thing i can agree with Stephanie on this.. Stephanie is very skeptical of this girl and tells selmar to be careful
Is this for real??? I want to see that video! I am considering to become patreom , i feel i am missing out on fun

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My husband is one of those people who rocks up to someone's house and starts DIY ing I'm afraid. He always has a toolkit on his car. It's an obsession. He has to fiddle with things. He's just adjusting the fridge freezer doors right now as he says they "creak". He looks a bit dodgy too. I think this guest was just one of those DIY obsessives.
My dad was a "fixer" too. He was always busy repairing something or other and could turn his hand to almost anything - carpentry, plumbing, electrical appliances, decorating although mum was the gardener of the family.

• Heart
Here's her IG, fat_girl_on_a_bike. It looks like either she doesn't run into anybody or she's been told photographing the inmates/interiors is strictly forbidden. She's a good photographer treading very, very cautiously.
There's a very short segment in the new Patreon video with Cara in which she explains she's a volunteer, will be washing all the wool, carding, dyeing some of it with the direction of Kirsty to garden and roadside dyeing plants, and spinning it on SJ's spinning wheel, which she says in good order. She seems a little shy but relaxed.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.