The Chateau Diaries #50 Her laziness is spreading quicker than the delta variant.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
U know what is the most intersting about her - her hypocrisy - she didnt believe in inheritance but she herself would be nobody is she didnt come from money...
I believe fanny models herself on these hmm how to call them collectively ... poor little girls
Perhaps it's because of her unhappy childhood.But it's funny how it's always the wealthy saying money doesn't buy you hapiness when the majority of the world population depend on money for the basics sucjh as healthcare,food,sanitation,education etc

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She has had loads of practice to perfect her fake graciousness. This gift grab has been going on since the beginning of lockdown I believe. Nothing about her genuine. NOTHING!
I kind of see this gift unwrapping thing as a penance she has to pay. With the volume of gifts sent in, she can't just ignore it or hide it. The gift givers expect to see their gift on camera and some showing of gratitude. So she is compelled to slog thru these awful, cringy videos week after week. And instead of it just being over and done, it encourages more wingnuts to send in even more crazy junk because those idiots want their recognition from SJ too. You can't piss them off, because many of them are patreons too. It just goes to show you - be careful what you wish for (or grift for?) because it can bite you in the ass.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
a long lean board would have been better for access and holy hell who eats cantaloupe like watermelon?

but can I ask those in the know-wooden boards for serving? (yes’m I know been around for ever in kitchens) how do you make them food safe for service? it gives me the ickies to see meats and cheese and fruit all co-contaminating like that-maybe because I don’t eat the meat stuff but ewwwww
Oddly there are two schools of thought about wooden cutting/serving boards in commercial kitchens. Some health inspectors prefer them to non natural materials as wood apparently is naturally anti bacterial. You can clean them with soap and water and a wire brush. Cannot soak them as it will destroy the wood. You can condition them by applying mineral oil. Man made materials can go into a commercial dishwasher.
Not sure I would trust proper care is being done at the chateau.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I kind of see this gift unwrapping thing as a penance she has to pay. With the volume of gifts sent in, she can't just ignore it or hide it. The gift givers expect to see their gift on camera and some showing of gratitude. So she is compelled to slog thru these awful, cringy videos week after week. And instead of it just being over and done, it encourages more wingnuts to send in even more crazy junk because those idiots want their recognition from SJ too. You can't piss them off, because many of them are patreons too. It just goes to show you - be careful what you wish for (or grift for?) because it can bite you in the ass.
She gets the revenue from the ads on YouTube, which are considerable I'm sure. She does give some to charity. I think money is the main motivator here.

Reactions: 8
'
'be careful what you wish for (or grift for?) because it can bite you in the ass'

A good thread name @MojoDublin ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Maybe SJ got Davey a new boyfriend? He's been giving her so many presents, she's bound to do something generous in return....
It's not like she wouldn't have a spare gay boi in her orbit she can give away. How medieval, not unlike marrying/selling off your daughters to broaden your influence/power.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oddly there are two schools of thought about wooden cutting/serving boards in commercial kitchens. Some health inspectors prefer them to non natural materials as wood apparently is naturally anti bacterial. You can clean them with soap and water and a wire brush. Cannot soak them as it will destroy the wood. You can condition them by applying mineral oil. Man materials can go into a commercial dishwasher.
Not sure I would trust proper care is being done at the chateau.
We used to be in catering and were told wood was anti bacterial by health inspectors. We used salt to rub our boards down with, then cleaned them down with hot soapy water.

Sounds like a great scoop for a dumpster diver with a camera.
Jes' sayin'.
The fast French dogs would probably get you if you tried.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Good point, I never thought of the vegetarian angle. (I'm of the school thought which says I'm cooking one dinner for everybody, celiacs and vegans will discover something substantial they can make a good meal off from the array served, but will not be dictating to other guests or the cook what the menu is.)
I love the new cheeseboard aesthetic, I think they're works of art and really do make your mouth water. Aside from the fact that it is lamentably stingy, I think what's wrong with that big one for Maries' farewell dinner is breadth of access, you couldn't really get in across the board to cut a piece of cheese the size you wanted.
Also, wedges of melon, hard to serve yourself and eat as an hors d'oeuvre. Gobsmacked as I was to see a piece of fresh fruit served at Lalande.
I used to eat a fruit plate made by a trained sushi chef, one of the best restaurant dishes ever. He chose the ripest fruit and cut it up like an angel. Everything was cut into a forkable or fingerable morsel, apples, pears, plums, etc., thinly, almost transparent slices, and fanned out among the piles of berries and cherries. Wouldn't that be the way to cut melon for a cheese plate? Take a 1 1/2 in wedge, slice thinly crosswise, including skin which is nice looking and serves as a handle for eating with fingers. And fan.
I've never seen crudites on a cheese board, I think they deserve a platter of their own. It's confusing visually and inhospitable to have food you touch mixed in with food you shouldn't touch. Crowd control is definitely an aesthetic in presentation.
Here the second-rate deli ham rolls and carrot sticks and puny grape clusters have been used to flesh out the chintzy $12 array of supermarket ticky tacky cheese. That's what I'd call a duck you plate, decked out with what could be found at the back of the fridge.
People are terrible.
"A duck you plate" 🤣 I love it, 👏

• Haha
  • Heart
Just checking my emails one from someone trying to sell me cutting boards that are great at preventing cross contamination. Wow. There are eyes everywhere!😉

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Any updates on the man in the middle? Can’t take my eyes off of that hunk. I recognize that face. Not asking for a friend…

• Haha
Why would SJ bring THAT up on a Patreon video??????
Was she trying to divert attention away ( AGAIN.... Obvious and typical narcissist strategy) from there being NOTHING accomplished in any way at her Shitoo?
Ya the reason she brought it up was bcz she was saying goodbye to selmar who will be gone for one month on a holiday and will return back with tatiana... She sounded too judgemental even though she said she is "not trying to be judgemental"

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Yeah, it most definitely is a true talent to be that phony and polite in even the most difficult of situations. One thing I admire about her is her rhino skin.
Her rhinoskin is money....when she had difficulties running the chateau she sank into a depression...money salves all depressions...and gives you a fair rhinoskin...

Reactions: 15
Everyone is getting bored with the sameness of all SJ's vlogs: the awful gift grabs and the other vlogs showing SJ trying on some dreadful gifted dress, or knitted rubbish; shouting through the window to the minions; tottering around checking up on never to be finished work, etc., etc. so here's an idea for how she might rake up a few new viewers, more in line with her interests. How about a chateau version of Ru Paul's drag race in the grand salon? The long-term inhabitants could divide themselves into different groups: "Hedgehogs", "Squirrels", "Bats", etc. They have a wealth of costumes to choose from in the costume cupboard, including the actual drag queen yellow gowns. Should Selmar be the MC? I guess BJJ will have to take part in the competition himself. M.Potts; MPK and his fiance; Dana, etc. should all be invited to form groups and take part. Loki and Michael might like to come, plus Celeste and the lady who is there at the moment. There are plenty of objects that could be made into trophies for the winners. The La La land Drag Race could make her several more millions. I can't wait to see it; it will be even better than the chateau Come Dine with Me!
I shall watch with glee!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Each to their own, very eccentric, but I wouldn't be able to relax in there at all. I imagine this could be SJ in 20 years years time. All alone in her London flat, with nothing but clutter & a stuffed squirrel to keep her company (see 7.10 in on the video). What a coincidence 🤣
I love it. Its very individual. It reminds me of my house, I decorate in a similar style. I can see why some people find it annoying and cluttered. My mother was a hoarder, it was difficult to move around her house. I can't quite go for minimalism,as I grew up in clutter, so I have colourful, more ordered, controlled meaningful clutter.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Here's her IG, fat_girl_on_a_bike. It looks like either she doesn't run into anybody or she's been told photographing the inmates/interiors is strictly forbidden. She's a good photographer treading very, very cautiously.
I mean i am speechless....
Perhaps it's because of her unhappy childhood.But it's funny how it's always the wealthy saying money doesn't buy you hapiness when the majority of the world population depend on money for the basics sucjh as healthcare,food,sanitation,education etc
Because u do not miss what you have

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.