The Chateau Diaries #50 Her laziness is spreading quicker than the delta variant.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't believe that for a second - be rich and have good accountants to write off $200 million to a charity, and Anderson can still get a hefty percentage of that as a tax write off as he is the heir! (He's still making $12 million a year from CNN)

(SJ has made me VERY cynical LOL)
I would just call it realistic
Elizabethrex - Another foodie shining the light...paaaarfect...Yes -HACCCP - goes in line with the silly vlog interlude where Nuttie displays a cheese platter, she will not take credit for - because it was a group creation! I would not take any part in that platter...lets not have grapes solo rolling around...happy to see it had some nice cheese selections - but a group effort handling meats?? Nuttie showing us what we all know, its takes a village to raise a platter. Don't drop it Nuttie - its HEAVY. With more than the actual contents...warning now peeps - I am all over food issues :)
Btw non of the men around helped her with that plater -

Reactions: 10
Apart from the hygiene issues, their "cheeseplatters" are visually interesting. However, to have cheeses, cut up fruit, olives etc. assembled nillywilly with charcuterie (cold meats, whatever you'd like to call it) on one board is just so wrong. Even assuming that nobody is a cheese loving vegetarian who would not touch the stuff, all cheek by jowl on one platter, anyway.😖🤮
Alice, I can only think that people who are on holiday - might think that is a lovely rustic ploughmans, farmhouse platter. Fine - but this is a shatoo - so for the price range - it may be a tad disappointing. BUT this may be just for the regulars and what you have in your own home - fine. Go wild. Different carrot sticks for different folks. Noting - those carrots did not come out of the garden :)

I think what values the most is, the ambience. And if that alone isn’t worth the €50 per meal or so, then I can’t help you.

:D:D:D:D:D

• Haha
Beautiful.
The best food I've ever heard of is the fusion of Cajun with the Vietnamese immigrant shrimp fishermen. Oyster po boys with a sprig of coriander. Crawfish and Noodles, popular restaurant in Houston (foodie capital of the universe full of Katrina refugees).
There's also an unbelievably good Pulitzer-Prize-winning book of short stories about Viet Louisiana. The Indochinese used to speak French. I once interviewed a Cambodian shaman who channelled Moses. I asked her what language Moses spoke. "French," she said.
Thanks for that recipe @purejuice . I can swap crayfish or langoustine for crawfish. And reduce the ingredients!! I've book marked the site too.
I really laughed when I read ' I once interviewed a Cambodian shaman who channelled Moses. I asked her what language Moses spoke. "French," she said'. 1) I'd never have thought to asked that, genius 2) so funny 🤣

• Heart
The price of property in the UK shot up around the time SJ's parents would have been selling, and has remained in a upwards trajectory ever since. My friend in London bought a property in a downmarket area at the time for £200,000 and became a millionaire when it was sold recently. Another friend inherited property from his grandfather in Manchester and the same happened to him when it was sold last year. I think SJ's parents were shrewd investors. If there had been any scandal re the care/nursing homes someone would have come forward by now, to claim compensation.
But Cransford Hall did indeed make the news with the Granny Farms scandal it was the new owners IJ and DJ sold to who were hung out to dry.

• Sad
  • Wow
In Italy both men and women use it.On a daily basis☺Rompere le scatole is a more delicate version.
It is true.We italians use that expression.. but normally with the family or with friends and joking most of the times..Not with people we do not know... I found that expression on a video quite disturbing.. At least unpolite but now they are making tshirts also... Bah.. il mondo e' bello perche' e'vario..

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Back to check in on you all. I would be locking my bedroom doors and the wardrobes with turret access too! Shifty look to him.
Maybe Philip now sleeps at the foot of SJs bed to keep her safe from intruders? I wouldn’t feel safe with a back door swinging open and god knows who arriving daily to get a glimpse at ‘the Lalanders’ as if they were animals in a zoo!
Didn't like to say it, but my instantaneous gut reaction too. He may be one of those unfortunate people who can't help the looks he was born with. Let's hope so.
But who rocks up to anyone's house and immediately sets about DIYing it without asking? At least he's on camera. That'd be helpful should the need arise.

As to 16 years without any means of securing the entries to one's home...the depth of irresponsibility is staggering. 30million+ channel views and not one of them an opportunist burglar??

• Haha
Reactions: 20
As to 16 years without any means of securing the entries to one's home...the depth of irresponsibility is staggering. 30million+ channel views and not one of them an opportunist burglar??
[/QUOTE]
That actually says it all...maybe mummy's lawn mower but they would have to lift it out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I hate anything cluttered. I have white walls in every room of my house except one. Every item on show has a reason to be on the wall or display table - and there is not a great deal of it. But I cannot help loving Amy Sedaris's Greenwich apartment. I am leaving the link here to the Youtube vid. It is seven minutes long. Would love everyone's opinion.
Each to their own, very eccentric, but I wouldn't be able to relax in there at all. I imagine this could be SJ in 20 years years time. All alone in her London flat, with nothing but clutter & a stuffed squirrel to keep her company (see 7.10 in on the video). What a coincidence 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Yeah, I got wary of Philipp a ways back. He's now asking for something like €2K for a new lens, as the old one got dust and dirt in it from reno. As I believe I have suggested here before a lens cap costs €5.
How I came to follow Chateau Diaries. I used to watch Dick Strawbridge's programnes on British TV. (I used to know his first family), and was interested.I wanted to see what Angela was like, and was she like Brigit?
I saw he had a new programme with Angela and children. Really enjoyed "Escape to the Chateau". I have lived and worked in some of these old places in the UK and Ireland. I found it fascinating and watched the spin offs. I saw Stephanie, she was with Marie and her mother, struggling through a freezing winter, clutching her hot water bottle and I felt sympathy. Its hard to heat these rambling places. She seemed to have no money, the building was crumbling round her, her mother was a harridan. She was so sweet, I got a girl crush on her. At the start of lockdown I loved the vlogs. They made me feel happy. I noticed snarky remarks in the comments and felt annoyed. As the pandemic set in I felt uneasy about the way the chateau inhabitants and habitues were flouting covid regulations. The gift grab got boring, the people living there were boring, I began to dislike the manic superfans taking over the site. I got savaged by the right wing mafia a few times, and having been on BGs Facebook group for a brief time, charmed by her Irish Mammy persona, found out about Tattle.life. Joined, felt rather horrified by the sometimes nasty comments, left and came back under another name after a month to give it a go again. By this time PJ had arrived and I found him intensely annoying. I started to enjoy Tattle and realised they were not nasty but realistic.

The begging bowl annoys me, but I e never joined a Patron nor would I. I like the Flueries at times it’s funny! Nicki’s car trouble turned me off a bit, but as some of these grifters get all about money I’m going back for her good content.

Reactions: 14
That actually says it all...maybe mummy's lawn mower but they would have to lift it out.
[/QUOTE]
It does seem daft, even someone covering windows with film in the winter. I just can see more and more that she has very little life training

Could anyone see Natis computer, During the whole say goodbye to Marie thing. It looks like some kind of graphs!

Attachments

Reactions: 13
Goodnight everyone, till we meet again...leave you with my laugh of the day. Do you think if Dylan Moran roasted the Chateau, he would be called a troll? Food for thought...

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I hate anything cluttered. I have white walls in every room of my house except one. Every item on show has a reason to be on the wall or display table - and there is not a great deal of it. But I cannot help loving Amy Sedaris's Greenwich apartment. I am leaving the link here to the Youtube vid. It is seven minutes long. Would love everyone's opinion.
❤ now that was clutter with style and fun-she is so charming-she loves every little thing and knows where each item came from -admit I do also love Miss Vanderbilt’s home-I love quirky objects that make you smile or bring a happy memory and they don’t have to have ”a history”

Fanny is always trying to “achieve” that feeling rather than having that feeling

what fun! thanks so much for sharing this video seeing!

btw I also have white walls and prefer them-keep trying color but it always feels distracting

Seriously? That apartment should be featured on HOARDERS, and so should Lalande.
maybe so-except Miss Vanderbilt will express her’s as curated which I expect it actually was-rather than manic purchasing because she had an influx of cash

Not to derail but in Gloria's own words, she took LSD as part of her therapy, all this art has to be put i to context of the period when it was made and lives of those who made it ... as they say she was poor little rich girl who wanted to be burried in yellow fortuny dress .... who does it remind me of?
Miss Vanderbilt had actual class however, not some sort of faux “I’m quite well brought up with a proper education and artistic training”

hate the fake accent Fanny uses-the pretentiousnes- ugh

and her LSD Therapy was the similar to Cary Grant’s therapy—also childhood trauma issues if I recall correctly

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
sorry, could only put up with 2 minutes of that....my stomach was starting to churn around
What is it with people that they now feel compelled to make cartoons of their lives?
(Americans in the lead here. No doubt Europeans will follow shortly. Our own chateloon Steffie is already on board.)

That Amy woman's flat is nauseatingly hideous.
IMHO.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.