The Chateau Diaries #5 Gin, sin & presents in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But I can't get over the wreath. Didn't they have a bigass red bow the previous years on their wreath? Either in photos or their older videos...?
The red bow

1. walked the path of all earthly things and there is
a) no money to buy a new one
b) oups, a bow, didn't think of that, we're so spontanously having fun

2. got left under loads of rubbish / peacock- or batshit in the attics / stables / cellar

3. was transformed bei SJ into a dress because she had "nothing to wear"

Screenshot (794).png

?????????

I've just watched Billys video and I think he just outed Michael twice in the video.
which one ?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Maybe Isabelle took British citizenship when she married SJโ€™s father? My mum did that and also omitted to teach me anything about French culture or indeed the language. So annoying!
Maybe.
That would mean Isabelle abandoned her French citizenship (which is not an obligation when you take the British or Irish citizenship as you can be binational).

Reactions: 2
I've just watched Billys video and I think he just outed Michael twice in the video.
Michael's response was perfect though. "That's the Christmas fairy. I'm the Christmas star." Billy's not used to not being the star.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm pretty sure Isabelle will have imparted lots about French culture to Stephanie and remember Stephanie went to stay with her French grandmother every summer from a very young age so she will have been immersed in French culture then. She seems to have a good understanding of all things French as far as I can see although she may choose not to adopt all aspects of French life as she was brought up in Scotland and England with an Irish father so probably goes with what is familiar. She clearly cherry picks her favourite bits of whichever cultures most suit her which is definitely what I'd do

@nastynan13 Nic invited Stephanie and her partner Mason to go with them on the Orient Express - not just her. They are all very good friends as far as I can see.

I also don't think Stephanie is a narcissist although she does have a few traits but as someone said upthread, I'm sure most of us will have a couple too.

@pettyicequeen it's great to have you back! As you know I'm a Stephanie fan and I'm here to add a bit of balance although I am happy to join in with any justified snarking (eg in relation to Cadeaux at the Chateau which I don't enjoy or any shady behaviour by SJ or anyone else) as opposed to general gratuitous snarking for snarking's sake!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Yes, the patreon interview. Was really lovely, they share a interesting history. And who would have guessed that the Ritz headboard came with even more extra costs? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜

Really? How?
I felt like I got some insight into their relationship and how it evolved into friendship. I have stories like that with an ex "remember when you broke your tooth on an olive seed in Mexico and got a crown at the dentist with the single hanging lightbulb in the room? But then he had all the Disney figures carved from tooth amalgam so you trusted him?" Michael doesn't strike me as a man who would continue to date someone if they had a problem with him having a past. (Also that crown is still going strong and it only cost $40)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
U.K. and ireland have special arrangements if your grandparents or great grandmother was born Before 1930 were allowed to hold both passports ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ€
It will benefit her for travel once Brexit is done deal or no deal - she can move freely though the Eu - no visa requirements on an Irish passport ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ€
The reason is more that it's much easier for her to stay and live in France as an European citizen.
That's why so many Brits in France applied for a French passport or an Irish passport if they had Irish grandparents.

I'm pretty sure Isabelle will have imparted lots about French culture to Stephanie and remember Stephanie went to stay with her French grandmother every summer from a very young age so she will have been immersed in French culture then. She seems to have a good understanding of all things French as far as I can see although she may choose not to adopt all aspects of French life as she was brought up in Scotland and England with an Irish father so probably goes with what is familiar. She clearly cherry picks her favourite bits of whichever cultures most suit her which is definitely what I'd do

@nastynan13 Nic invited Stephanie and her partner Mason to go with them on the Orient Express - not just her. They are all very good friends as far as I can see.

I also don't think Stephanie is a narcissist although she does have a few traits but as someone said upthread, I'm sure most of us will have a couple too.

@pettyicequeen it's great to have you back! As you know I'm a Stephanie fan and I'm here to add a bit of balance although I am happy to join in with any justified snarking (eg in relation to Cadeaux at the Chateau which I don't enjoy or any shady behaviour by SJ or anyone else) as opposed to general gratuitous snarking for snarking's sake!
Stephanie doesn't know the more basic things about French culture.
Latest example : the so famous traditional Christmas song translated from the German song Tannenbaum in late 19e century. It's THE Christmas song in France for every kid.
And it's not the only example.
In the comments, many many French and Quebecois people told her when they heard her trying to sing the song in french.
She sounded pathetic as a half French herself and looking as if she didn't care. She should have said that she didn't know it.
I can see all her lacks of french culture as I'm French ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shirley Ujest I have to disagree with you - I dislike heavy Victorian architecture (presumably in France it's known as 19th century architecture as there was no French monarch after 1792) so not keen on Bamaignee or the Strawbridge's place. I infinitely prefer La Lande especially the oldest part.
There were French monarchs after 1792.
It's called the Restauration, after the European armies coalition defeated Napoleon.
Their names were Louis 18, Charles X and Louis Philippe.
Then the Second Empire with Napoleon Iii until 1870.
Then the French Republic.
The architectural style was called... Style Restauration or by the king's name.
With Napoleon III, the Style was called Hausmanien.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
:(I really miss Calvignac and Soll .
personally I like medieval chateau. I find the Pethericks place looks like a town hall, built in 1920 I believe. La lande is probably a hunting type chateau just for occasional use ? It was one of a few the family owned . Calvignac would know . :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
OMG he is so right ๐Ÿ˜‚

I wouldn't go that far to analyse somebody without even having met him and also with only seeing his persona he chooses to present on a YouTube channel. She seems pretty emphatic to me also has long term relationships. I don't see her exploiting people, you could also say people are exploiting her. What about all the volunteers coming but never leaving? Could be interpretated as some exploitation of her. Two other owners but only showing up for parties?

Haha, I actually don't like her because she seems too perfect. I never trust people like her...

The trouble is with narcissists is that they are great at conning people. Superficially charming. Aided and abetted by their flying monkeys. Marie now left feeling lost because SJ has a new pet. Classic narcissistic behaviour by SJ is the subtle undermining of Marie's work. The tacky addition of the rubbish squirrel on the decoration Marie made for her bedroom. The fishing out of the most tacky bow to add to Marie's wreath to jush it up is all ways that the narcissist works to break down the discarded one. Getting others to join in with her and making out it is just a bit of fun. You've been conned.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I was wondering about the kitchen decorations today.Very bare in there!
No micheal Petherick this year
Also - that would have required LOTL had actually bought some of the advent gifts ๐ŸŽ

However ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Due to the unprecedented amount of parcels nati was viewing since August
Sheโ€™s would have course advised the
chat ooo lean that no expenditure was necessary as the great peopleโ€™s of la la Lande have sent an embarrassment of riches ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช

Mmmmmm I thought that too
โ€œ micheal is the fairy ๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๏ธ on our tree ๐ŸŒฒ โ€œ
Twice ... leaste MP snorted and laughed it off ....

View attachment 341416

โ˜Ž TF......Relax ... search party is on the way
๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ
Dubbers will be ecstatic!
.... ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•
Made my year ..... ๐Ÿฅ‡

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
@GreenLeaves - I did not know that about the monarchy in France or the names of the architectural period but I love finding these things out so thank you. Is there a name for the medieval period of architecture or is it the same word?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.