The Chateau Diaries #5 Gin, sin & presents in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi. Newbie here. A cousin told me about you, yesterday. I spent the better part of my time reading through this fantastic forum. I've enjoyed every commentary. I'm glad to find a bit of reality shaking out here. The images of Isabelle perusing this site sealed it of for me. I'm all in now.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Dear Agents, this is gold, because I've realized that I saw Nics whole name somewhere - he owns London flat above SJ's and the company or what it is, is set up at his flat's address (together with potty and olivier all the same address 0 the same company), she bought it few months after him

I was wondering why she is hanging out with him that he might live nearby, little did I know, he lives / lived above her
But the name of "the elusive Nic" is Larkin not Castell......
Her pencils are Faber-Castell ✏

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Eh up. Amusing post from our Brenda who has clearly been put back in her box recently after her shameless coat-tail riding. We have her pity! 😂😂
Hahahaha, oh Brenda. Why do they always act like "someone is sending me screenshots" when we know they are fully engaged and refreshing the page. I wonder what her "pet name" is. I'm positive Ma Petherick is in here too. The one person I could see not reading here is Stephanie. She seems to have a better handle on her mental health. I predict she'll slowly surpass Michael's followers eventually, and without the benefit of the gay couple algorithm that propelled Doing It Ourselves. Even the gay couples restoring houses on Reddit found his content lacking six months ago.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
hups so he doesnt live above her, still it leaves potty and olivier as possible leasholders in that building,
at the begining I thought that might be their company but it turned out to be a freeholder
also the other tenant is also top tier sponsors

Eh up. Amusing post from our Brenda who has clearly been put back in her box recently after her shameless coat-tail riding. We have her pity! 😂😂
this is comedy Central

Dear Brenda so tell us your motives if you think that we dont understnad them, because I really dont and I am uber curious as you noticed by now

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Another thing Ryan (Life of Ryan) has got wrong - Galettes are made from buckwheat flour and crepes are made from wheat flour.
😲 Unfortunate name for the cheese for english speakers 'emmental rapé'.
Warming up packaged food and reformed ham is not cooking :sleep:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Hahahaha, oh Brenda. Why do they always act like "someone is sending me screenshots" when we know they are fully engaged and refreshing the page. I wonder what her "pet name" is. I'm positive Ma Petherick is in here too. The one person I could see not reading here is Stephanie. She seems to have a better handle on her mental health. I predict she'll slowly surpass Michael's followers eventually, and without the benefit of the gay couple algorithm that propelled Doing It Ourselves. Even the gay couples restoring houses on Reddit found his content lacking six months ago.
I have a few contenders, but I think Ms. SJ is reading here as well, hence Alice in wonderland as well as her mentioning MP or MW - Nutty is too careful to tell her anything negative

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Thanksgiving opens with SJ in the bath..really..? How did you not drop the giant book in the tub.?? She is so talented.and perfect. Not slippery at all!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Another thing Ryan (Life of Ryan) has got wrong - Galettes are made from buckwheat flour and crepes are made from wheat flour.
😲 Unfortunate name for the cheese for english speakers 'emmental rapé'.
Warming up packaged food and reformed ham is not cooking :sleep:
re Galettes , I didnt know that they are from buckwheat - they are all around me but I was afraid to eat them, I was wondering why they are different colour but my French friend told me that it is just different wheat

• Wow
Good morning ladies & gentlemen, :)👌🌞☕ Nice to see we have a new place to gather and natter, and I hope Peacock lady, Soll, and other sharp tongues will find us. Guess what I am currently "watching"? Selmars new video. I like the guy, and hey he has 10 000 followers! His videos are about as exciting as Michael Petherics videos, a very slow pace indeed. Still, there is a differnce. No begging bowl, just genuine gentle observances, and his calming voice in the background. I put it on, adds and all, because I wish him well. But I am not really watching. If I get struck down with Covid and lie flat on a bed sick as a dog, then these Selmar videos will be what I will watch...I am sure they would be balm for a sick soul. Michael Petherick, over 200 000 subscribers!?! How? Why??? Our queen, Stephanie has about half? Is there no justice in the world? She is a pro, he is winging it, he is not even producing much of his cr**. Sounds like I have something against the guy, I don't , I just think he is on a train to nowhere and he needs to wake up get off, and start putting some effort in! He is so lucky, he should see this and do all he can to benefit from that luck, build on it. Lazy git. Poor little sod has a new puppy his mama says, so we must understand that he is busy playing with that...WTF!?! Well, Stephanie will make an advent calendar without him, with young Phillip, and I must say I look forward to that! Stephanie (and this site too) is my guilty secret, my wife think I am in here working. She has only seen Stephanie on TV, and did not notice that I took a fancy to her :LOL:, now my breaks are so much more fun when I have home office, you guys provide endless entertainment!🙊🙉🙈 Have a great weekend all virtual sleuths ;)🌞
Heathcliffe. This is a brilliant post and sums up exactly what most of us think (I think). I do not understand how MP has so many subscribers in comparison to Stephanie. If being on this forum is your only guilty secret, your wife has nothing to worry about. I really enjoy reading all the posts on here. Please keep contributing.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
re Galettes , I didnt know that they are from buckwheat - they are all around me but I was afraid to eat them, I was wondering why they are different colour but my French friend told me that it is just different wheat
😲 I would have thought a French person would know this, unless they do not realise that buckwheat flour is not a wheat flour and is not related to it at all. It is just an unfortunate association with the name if you do need to be gluten free. Google is your friend ;)
They are lovely btw :) even without butter/dairy.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
@sandro37 The look of love from trust fund hippie damaged eyes fresh air food Mason. She keeps them hooked ..

View attachment 327090
💝💝 I have friends like stephenie 🧚🏻‍♀️🧚🏻‍♀️ perfect social butterflies 🦋
It’s not looks their aim is for - they need their minds stimulated...
Think the sun 🌞 rays shine for USA 🇺🇸 boy 🦄💚🦄

Hi. Newbie here. A cousin told me about you, yesterday. I spent the better part of my time reading through this fantastic forum. I've enjoyed every commentary. I'm glad to find a bit of reality shaking out here. The images of Isabelle perusing this site sealed it of for me. I'm all in now.
Welcome 🙏 welcome 🦄💚🦄

Thanks to @Viva La Loca for the most liked thread name suggestion.

I may have time to do a summary of thread #4 but if someone beats me to it then so be it!
👏👏👏 @Viva La Loca kudos on 🧵 name 👏👏👏👏👏

A Recap (of sorts)

So, what happened there then? You know, in The Chateau Diaries #4 thread. Jarvis in jeopardy? Perhaps Tattle teetering? We attracted the attention of the moderators like gifts are attracted to Lalande; we promise to keep on (one of our many chateau related) topic, not turn our attentions to each other and respect the sliver of privacy our social media subjects still have left.

Despite the gentle reminder of the pesky rules we still managed to muse about our chatelaine’s motivations and attentions, took a critical eye to those folk of Lalande who are there by choice or circumstance and roll our collective eyes at the antics of the “Superfan”. On the superfan topic, fan Facebook pages vying for ‘OFFICIAL’ status did not go unnoticed. New members (all welcome!), some of which may even be the superfans themselves, tested which buttons to push.

We mused as to whether our Chateau characters, including Mummy (with video evidence we think) were lurking. We noticed cryptic signs of such (we are ‘down the rabbit hole’ aren’t we?) and we await with glee a future sign in the Diaries (turn that plate upside down or tap that teacup twice with the teaspoon Lalanders).

Wonderful ditties, poems, limericks (Donegals) and mashed up Christmas lyrics were shared. Photos and posters were expertly produced. We still despaired at the ‘gift grab’ yet we still watched. We over-analyzed the bumpy journey the ‘Trotters’, MP, Ryan, Dan and fam. and others were getting, riding on the silk robe-tails of our fearless chatelaine.

We look forward to December, Christmas ridiculousness, Patreon secrets being shared and weird interpretations of “life, love and laughter” on our small screens.
👏👏👏👏 epic summary

Concise and dame funny 😄
👏👏👏👏👏👏🦄💚🦄💚

• Heart
💝💝 I have friends like stephenie 🧚🏻‍♀️🧚🏻‍♀️ perfect social butterflies 🦋
It’s not looks their aim is for - they need their minds stimulated...
Think the sun 🌞 rays shine for USA 🇺🇸 boy 🦄💚🦄
I hope I don't disappoint but it is just ego inflation they are after and in SJ case also money

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Ooh you sound very in the know, Viva La Loca! Were you on that scene? You forgot to add that it was 2 couples - 2 brothers and their girlfriends, and the brothers had a BIG falling out.

I used to know Claire Manumission's brother!
No, not on scene in Ibiza myself, too busy working, getting on with my life and staying healthy in my mind, body and soul. Have met them in Manc, as some of my family work in the industry and know a lot of these people, they have partied with these people and could tell all sorts of stuff not suitable for here. Wasn't meant to be an in-depth informative history but just a salient potted history as SJ's use of the word party reminds me of Mike so much.
I obviously don't know what you know as you knew her brother but in my experience people don't readily diss or spill the beans on their own family as a matter of course.

It’s totally Real
😲 Good lord, I did not get onto that at all.
Note to self .. eat more and polish the glasses 😂

so Selmar has a cleaning company - Nettoyage courant des bâtiments (8121Z)
hmmm

before they lock me up, SJ has a company registered in France - 5520Z (hébergement touristique et autre hébergement de courte durée)
Translate please ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
With a London property that size they must be billionaires & on a previous page I noticed there was no loan /mortgage on Stephanies flat so she must have paid cash !!!!
I think she said that she sold a flat and for that money she bought the castle and I am not sure if I remember correctly she said that it was 600K? (maybe I am recalling someone else) but in the price registry there is a sum of 87K (that register should record the price at the sale>

https://app.dvf.etalab.gouv.fr/ all public info
Département: 36- indre
Commune: Crozon-Sur Vauvre
Section cadastrale: E
Parcelle cadastrale: ends with number 163 (it will show all the land
89 000 € / Vente
any ideas?

the FAQ states
This is a "net seller" price, ie not including real estate agency fees or notary fees. In the event of the sale of furniture (an equipped kitchen for example) with the property, the amount of this furniture is not included in the price displayed. VAT is included.

so her London flat in today's money cost more than her part in the chateau ever will? if so and they are looking to make a profit hmm how much after restoration with fairy-tale like backdrop story, so 800K - 1mil is it possible in the middle of nowhere with no see airport skyslopes to have such price?

Last edited:
Hot off the press.. People on the fan club pages suggesting SJ does a Calender with MP photos, and a LL recipe book.. And our old friend BG has jumped on it saying, be careful what you wish for, something coming out b4 Christmas. I've asked if it's SJ and LL organising it, and she's got a bit funny....
Push her a tiny bit and she'll eject you from the group. Pretty certain she lurks here.

• Heart
Ah, but is it, do we believe her or her man who wears a bag on his head? 🤣 & 100% re the posh pencils 👍 the Nick listed at her address must be one & the same as he has a flat there?

Ah, but is it, do we believe her or her man who wears a bag on his head? 🤣 & 100% re the posh pencils 👍 the Nick listed at her address must be one & the same as he has a flat there?
it can be random Nic, and not the paperbag Nic

Reactions: 1
so Selmar has a cleaning company
😂 😂 That'll be why he had a great brush and feather duster in his van. No wonder. So that clears that up for me, no woodworking tools but prancing suits and a brush/feather duster to be proud of. Maybe he is an exotic cleaner ;) A dancing butler in the buff.

There must be so much more stuff out there, it truly is lala land. Alice in Wonderland has nothing on this !!!!! I love watching but it now annoys me that these millionaires are taking the p***
When I've had my dinner I will post SJ's usual 12 days of christmas - all pre-vlogs as she didn't have to curate her image then.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.