The Chateau Diaries #49 Tasteless tango, Teabag in turmoil & tearful Tatiana in Turkey.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This has been pointed out multiple times here but it's worth reposting.

Cornelia Bailey / Stephanie Jarvis
CUL6VdOVEAA178z.jpg
59106365_308025363482829_8948742677545040913_n.jpg

img3158-copy.jpg
59154835740__320409db-0c06-45cb-841e-399f3a286d06.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
1) for patreons only 2) success story channel, 3) sort of private, but heavily transporting the floralities :p, 4) for her new busines (but we do not know yet what exactly that is going to be). WHY? OH WHY?
Indeed. And why oh why do so many people think they're qualified to interview people? I just watched 2 of these 'success' stories. Repetitious questions, the lack of real things that I'd like to know (how on earth did Nati get an Italian passport? Where will she spend her golden years? What are Anna-Liese's plans for her family's future? How are the boys doing in a multi-lingual culture? etc etc ) . No questions about what they believe their successes to be - the Wiiki interpreted that for us. And the awful, gawky girlie nervous giggling at the drop of a hat....cut that out and it would leave half the time to fill with more interesting questions.

Reactions: 17
Agreed! I wonder if it is the jealous crowd from non successful vlogs...we can all make a guess who those are!I enjoy most of his vlogs, not all, but I am not particularly offended by the ones I don't enjoy.
Dan has really grown on me. Tbh I didn't like his vlogs in the beginning. He came across as a tadge patronising towards Annalise and anal about that new kitchen, completely overriding her ideas. Wouldn't have happened in a new kitchen of mine even of my Hubby was an ex-chef.
However, he's really finding his MoJo now and Annalise clearly isn't the doormat I thought she was. I like them both. And if it was her idea to get Dan a job at the Shitoo and then start vlogging, she's not just a pretty face either.

Reactions: 36
Maybe others are more likely to "get hammered" because they have rich parents in the background, are established (in non covid times) in a successful business, and can afford to buy a second"chateau"? Jus' sayin'.
And may be less likeable (Edd!).

• Heart
Reactions: 22
A comment on Dan's daily was about predicting he would get his own chateau. Ugh, why wish that on him?

Regarding him not having a channel without LaLa; I would happily watch every at home/going shopping/family time he puts out and not miss the shito at all.
What is it with the need for everyone to have a chateau. I would be overjoyed if I had a 2 bed house in a small town or village. I would be there for the french way of life not the amount of gardening or cleaning I need to do by having such a large property 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 26
And may be less likeable (Edd!).
And bingo

He’s needs to lube himself up really proper…… and slide behind the camera 🎥

Let’s face it Anna is the star ⭐
He’s barley b roll

That offering yesterday was a yawn fest ….. whilst he was on - the flood was desperate- but the constant reminder when a savage bit of graft got it fixed ….
Smacks of begimimaiaaaa ….
Particularly when it’s his parents chateau and they were not uninsured.

Reactions: 19
Can we artach the explanation as a first post (as we used to do)? New ppl do not read previous thread and for me it is also fun to read when i come back after some time
[/QUOT
I could never be a content creator. Freakin' stupid comments like this would put me in a bad mood.
E]
yeah, if he would have served something fancy people would say he wants to show off or he wasted Stephanie's money or it's bad to ship oysters all the way from the coast or...or

Reactions: 5
Here's the €31 dinner from a local restaurant: You need spacious onsite refrigeration to cook like this (vichyssoise, terrine, foie gras) and an empty kitchen to make sauces or slow cook veal....
Also not noting any six-burner, six sauté pan capability at Lalande to serve six guests something sizzlin' simultaneously. Thence pan-roasted salmon intelligently dodging yet another major professional cooking problem in Lalande's kitchen. I'd bet Dan seared the salmon at home and took it to the chateau in a baking pan ready to roast.
Pan roasted salmon could use a small olive-oil based sauce (to go with the ratatouille Mediterranean matrix). Beurre blanc seems to have been invented nearby (by a woman chef) and I bet you could do some fantastic variation with pan juices and fish stock.
This recipe suggests a method: Deglaze pan with beurre blanc white wine/shallot mixture, reduce, add other ingredients incl olive oil, as desired.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Also not noting any six-burner, six sauté pan capability at Lalande to serve six guests something sizzlin' simultaneously. Thence pan-roasted salmon intelligently dodging yet another major professional cooking problem in Lalande's kitchen. I'd bet Dan seared the salmon at home and took it to the chateau in a baking pan ready to roast.
Pan roasted salmon could use a small olive-oil based sauce (to go with the ratatouille Mediterranean matrix). Beurre blanc seems to have been invented nearby (by a woman chef) and I bet you could do some fantastic variation with pan juices and fish stock.
This recipe suggests a method: Deglaze pan with beurre blanc white wine/shallot mixture, reduce, add other ingredients incl olive oil, as desired.
Kindly desist from the torture...sounds too yummy for words.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Quite the compliment.

View attachment 689281View attachment 689286
CHATEAU DE LA LANDE
SARA & STEVE'S CHATEAU IS REVEALED!
Jul 29, 2021

comments...

Ashley Green
12 hours ago
Every time I watch the vlogs I keep thinking Stephanie looks like someone that I have seen somewhere so I kelp thinking about it and the early 90s tv show Saved by the Bell came to mind remember the early years of it the teacher named Miss biIss she looks similar to Stephanie, they all say we all have a twin out there LOL I love watching your videos.

Greg Bashjian
4 hours ago
Hayley Mills in "Good Morning, Miss Bliss" The Junior High predecessor to "SBTB". You may also remember her from the Original Version of "The Parent Trap" movie when she was in her Teen years. Stephanie does favor her in some ways. :)
Millions of people make money from Youtube & patreon, that in itself is not something to criticise someone for, after all they create entertainment for the viewers who have the choice to contribute financially or not. Personally I relate to Dan in a way I dont with Stephanie. No one denies she is entitled to her youtube income, but its hard to stomach when these chateau owners get more in a month than most people earn in a year, on the pretense of securing their chateaus, then are seen swanning about flouting covid travel rules, buying incredibly expensive tit they want but dont need and ignoring the one thing they promised to invest in.

Dan is a likeable fella, loves his wife and kids, works hard, and has the opportunity to make a few quid on youtube, just like all the others, after all, its ok for Stephanie to feature him in her vlogs and make money - Im sure I would feel that if I was entertaining enough for people to watch on her channel, there may be people who would like to watch on my own vlog, and at least get some of the revenue! . He lives in a run down house he is working hard to do up himself, as a home. He wants a new gizmo or gadget outside his family budget, so he does more videos, more shifts. I see him as hardworking and honest and find his youtube pleasurable to watch. No one imagines he is perfect, or everyones cup of tea, but it seems the goings on with Stephanie and LaLa Land have been sufficient to merit almost 50 threads on here of continual discussion/concern/debate, particularly regarding patreon money and the weekly gift grab that she, a well off woman by most peoples standards, positively encourages! I feel quite protective of Dan to be honest, and he as far as I can see, has done nothing to merit anyone going out of their way to attack him.
Agree, and I noticed he doesn't show his kids that often anymore though I would prefer not to show them at all. And he did start to buy a château, you remember ? Early in the beginning, some kind of share thing... But he let this go the moment there was a tit storm here and immediately set up the charity link and stopped the buy me a coffee.

Reactions: 13
The wine she serves her paying guests comes from supermarket bought boxes....
Grifting on the prix fixe dinner, grifting on the booze, are two of the crimes even bad restaurateurs would feel like sinners doing. I mean really, booze is your markup, everybody knows it's the only place you make money in the food business, and the unscrupulous barman stealing shots is the number one usual suspect in every restaurant. Screwing people who don't know any better and who don't have another choice just doesn't go with the essentially convivial and/or sporting nature of the business. It would spoil the drinking pleasure of all but the most withered landlord's heart. Watered wine is the essential element of this nastiness. (Muttering about Dante's Inferno, in which hosts who betray their guests are at the very pit of hell -- along with pupils who betray their teachers, and vice versa -- for the ultimate sin of abusing privileged access [Love laws]. Mass murderers and rapists in much higher circles of hell. Have a nice day. 👹 )

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Spot on! 👏👏👏. He's a decent, hardworking man, using his skills to support his family.
He's a nice enough guy, but his vlog is fairly boring and pedestrian. All these other vlogs are successful because they give us some drama, cringe or whatever that gets an emotional response. Love 'em or hate 'em, we watch. Dan may have a small cadre of thirsty viewers who like beanpole guys who sweat in a garden, but that's a pretty small audience unless he brings us something to wag our tongues about.

Reactions: 2
You mean something like him cheating on his wife, like you accused him in your first post, among other things?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
i haven’t watched every lala video, but I think they have a huge water pressure problem in general. The town or village is to far away I think for a pipeline. Lala isn’t even connected to a sewage system, they have a skeptic tank. Or septic tank?
you don't want to irrigate crops with city water - it's not good for them. the moat water would be full of helpful nutrients for the plants as well as being "free" if you can get it where it needs to go. I still don't really understand their pipe problem - should have been a really easy project.

What is it with the need for everyone to have a chateau. I would be overjoyed if I had a 2 bed house in a small town or village. I would be there for the french way of life not the amount of gardening or cleaning I need to do by having such a large property 😂😂
it would be a cool business if got it dialed in - something you wouldn't have to retire from. There is that whole "lord of the manor" thing, but also being your own boss having your own business. it's a romantic idea - an idillic life in the quiet French countryside, but the reality is pretty harsh if these blogs are any indication.

You mean something like him cheating on his wife, like you accused him in your first post, among other things?
work on your reading comprehension. i said that I thought he was the straightest guy in Stephanie's orbit, but it wouldn't surprise me if he buggered Phillip. I mean, who wouldn't?

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
@Winecrasher you sound like a vile person I have put you on ignore, a first for me on this or any forum.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I am aware that there may have been some sharp practice by Dan and Annelise early on. But what the videos show is Dan working his tail off. And French countryside.
I'm a fan of plastering unlike other CD viewers here. I like the hands on stuff. Dan could make all his videos about spraying render on his humble home -- people here also criticize him for living in a shithole he should blow up and move on uptown from, as if he had money -- and I would still be a fan. I love that stuff. Unlike many much better off people who post hands on renovation, Dan has good taste and does not break your heart by decorating his very hard-won reno with amateur signage, Mussolini garden architecture and/or Lady Marmelade decor the way Edd and Anna (and most all the ETTC grifter style chateau owners) have.
Not to mention the tsunami of tat and sloppy seconds fumigate-it-all style (OH MY DINING ROOM CURTAINS WERE ORIGINALLY MADE FOR ELTON JOHN....)
Frankly I don't watch that much CD any more. Frankly I do watch straight up plastering videos.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Tattlers have feelings too and get easily offended just like the stars of tattle and their superfans😉Dan is now everybody's favourite as it seems,can't criticize him here.Theoretically "everybody is entitled to their own opinion" ,but...
Not at all. No one is offended. Just cannot be bothered to read rubbish. Dan is not immune to criticism but wild accusations without foundation or even the slightest chance of being possible are just not worth our reading time. Being rude to other tattlers is not tolerated here. Other threads may welcome the need of some people to think this is a forum to be rude to others. Hope you make the right decision and stay with us.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.