The Chateau Diaries #48 No longer Doing It himself. Just doing everyone else

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love the fact that more other chateau owners are giving Philip taxidermy! I hope all the others they have visited will give him him something. I'm sure they are really giving a subtle hint of what they think of SJ and BJJ!
Suggesting he should follow suit and get stuffed :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
From the latest Patreon Video. You are welcome!
A few choice comments

Jimmy Cxxxx: Philip is so sweet, but heavy breathing on your vlog is totally unacceptable 😉😂❤
Answer Stephanie Jarvis : :) :) :)
And finally we'll find out everything about Davey! J
Simonè Jxxx: Hi Steph loved this! Would it be possible to interview Davey for a Patreon video pretty please? He is such an interesting gentleman, would love to hear more about him xx
Stephanie Jarvis: I'll definitely ask him :)

Rasmus Mxxx: Stephanie, in regards to how the Patreon money is spent, I would have thought, that some of it could also go towards furnishings, chandeliers, etc - still being seen as part of the restoration, if the items where to remain part of the estate in future? I don't suggest, that Patreon funds should pay for everything, but perhaps for a few specific key pieces, that would "belong" to the rooms, it could be possible? Like fx the Trumeau mirrors, curtains, Chandeliers, wall lighting, etc? Just because, the restoration of a Chateau, to me at least, is more than bricks, plaster and lawns 😊
Shaun Jxxxx Agree with you, but I guess it all depends on the wording of the charitable status and legally they aren’t part of the fabric of the building?
Paul Hxxx; It’s probably due to the french tax laws, fortunately due to the trust, half of the Patreon money is not lost in taxes! I agree though shame furnishings isn’t part of it
Stephanie Jarvis: Apparently t's ok to use the funds for fixed decorations (wallpaper, panelling, curtains, lighting fixtures (though I bought the chandeliers myself) and I suppose that trumeaux would fall under that. The accountant felt that furniture would be ok, but it is a grey area, and I want to keep everything crystal clear. I'm happy to use the ad revenue for it, my two favourite things to use any disposal income for are travel and antiques. It's a dream for me to be able to add beautiful pieces to the chateau!
Rasmus Mxxxx: Yes, I just thought that, as you said, fixed decorations, or just some key pieces, could be. Just so the add revenue would stretch a bit further at the antique shops and brocantes, because these things do not come cheap. I fully respect you wanting to keep things clear, and I think you do that really great.

Jason Dxxxx : Hi Stephanie, I finally figured out how to log back into Patreon and bump up to Dauphin. I can not believe you had a flood too! I don't know if you saw my comment about the flood at my historic property last Friday which ruined the ceiling in my master suite and the lid of my Parlor Grand Piano. It is uncanny how our two houses have so much in common. Looking forward to visiting in October! Have a great day!
Stephanie Jarvis: Thank you so much! I'm sorry to hear about your flood, your poor piano! I hope you can find a good restorer. We got quite lucky this time, the white sofa took the brunt of it, and wasn't a very special fabric. It could do with reupholstery one day - but it looks as though we've managed to save it for a bit longer

Anne Cxxxx: No advice on what is being done about the burst pipes? Surely a plan to mitigate against more floods before spending funds on furniture and decoration of the grand salon. I worry that there are going to be more leaks from the radiators in future unless a full inspection is made and an inventory taken of essential maintenance work required.:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Stephanie Jarvis: They've already been repaired. But the problem is our old radiators which need replacing as they're rusting through one after the other! Before installing the panelling into the grand salon, all of the radiators in the rooms above will be replaced.

Diana Gxxx: Such beautiful purchases EXCEPT Philip’s bloody squirrel
:LOL::LOL::LOL::sick:
Stephanie Jarvis: I agree!

Peter Mxxx.: Stephanie, I have watched Dan’s new intro about 80 times, it’s brilliant, “hello I’m Dan” so awesome , can you please buy one of those mobile lawnmowers for the wall garden, like the castle you visited , it will help mr. Dan.
Stephanie Jarvis; It's a good idea, I'll speak to Dan about it (though I just approved his request for a mini digger, so the robot mower might have to wait a couple more months!)

Gabrielle Bxxxx: Truly so thoughtful of Philip to add one of his woodland creatures to your editing space! It adds a certain prestige to the place, I think. Very generous. Good work, Philip!
:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Stephanie Jarvis : Hahahahahahahahahaha

Cynthia Lxxxx The pair of chairs you identified as Empire are more Directoire, a mon avis. "Directoire diamonds" I call them, as the diamond shape was used a great deal during that period. The back splat area is a take on the Klismos chair. The other upholstered chairs you got with the square back are also Directoire style. You both did very well; nice choices of French pieces in styles over a 100 year period. The pair of valances are called a "half tester" and the top would be upholstered in a gathered fabric with a choux in the center, with draperies on the sides. If you use them over the paintings, it would be fine to leave the paintings framed. Any time you need something identified, please feel free to ask me. My specialty is FFF (fine French furniture) and interiors and I've studied and collected it over many years.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Did FRK stop off at LA Begmania before going to the UK? There's a suspiciously tatty bunch of "florals" 🙄 lurking in a window.
She must have because no one else in the universe is a capable of that unique style of flower arranging🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 16
hey that’s not a jam jar Marie is drinking from!

😒 that‘s right she packed ‘em all up to move them across country because England has no used jam jars
They are expensive , made in France Jam Jars - Limoges !
Hell.... she has to take them!! :love:

Evening All .

• Haha
Reactions: 15
How much more furniture, mirrors, etc., etc. does that place ne will never, ever, stop buying until everything eventually spills out into the front courtyard as there is no more space in the house! One day, when she's an old lady, the place will be so full of stuff that she will hardly be able to get through any doors and will have to climb over everything just to get into bed. She needs help from a professional therapist.
She really irritates me when she says, "oh we'll find a place to put it"...No you won't! It will end up in the barn/stables just like your overpriced plywood panels!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
looking at Dans vlog...great intro :D he isnt using the big mower...the old cows plaything...where she sat on only once for the vlog..but anyway...the belt is broken...and because the mower is almost brand new, they want a free replacement.....from the seller....wtf...coming in all that money...and they are begging for a new free belt...for a machine whats been in use for a year...what are they thinking...a new belt isnt cheap..but come on...not that expensive....No.its better to mow by hand..for hours...or use the small mower who clearly isnt capable for the heavy work.and is broken down all the time....looking at all this....i think people..get away from living in the country and go back to London...
That made me so mad! With all the money coming in ..... buy the bloody belt you witch!

Reactions: 17
From the latest Patreon Video. You are welcome!
A few choice comments

Jason Dxxxx : Hi Stephanie, I finally figured out how to log back into Patreon and bump up to Dauphin. I can not believe you had a flood too! I don't know if you saw my comment about the flood at my historic property last Friday which ruined the ceiling in my master suite and the lid of my Parlor Grand Piano. It is uncanny how our two houses have so much in common. Looking forward to visiting in October! Have a great day!
Stephanie Jarvis: Thank you so much! I'm sorry to hear about your flood, your poor piano! I hope you can find a good restorer. We got quite lucky this time, the white sofa took the brunt of it, and wasn't a very special fabric. It could do with reupholstery one day - but it looks as though we've managed to save it for a bit longer
Jason was shut out of Lalande until he mentioned a Salvador Dali original engraving. He even tried to enlist Michael Morrison to ready the jet for a trip to LELANDE.🤪 However, he is OK eating in the Lalande kitchen. :sick:
from the live chats
7/27
Jason Dubey A guest broke the cold water faucet off the shower wall and it flooded for an hour destroying the entire ceiling in my master suite and ruining the to of my 104 year old Knabe Parlor Grand piano..
Jason Dubey @CA Garden It is the Jeepers Jamboree. Now they have special new rates: $400 for the SHARED BATH, $550 FOR THE SUITES PLUS PARKING, TAX, GRATUITY, PAID UPFRONT IN FULL NO CANCELLATIONS NO EXCEPTIONS
Jason Dubey @Philip Janssen will you be there at Halloween?
Philip Janssen @Jason Dubey Yes, I’ll be here for the foreseeable future! :)
Jason Dubey @Philip Janssen Great! I may need help with my costume!!
7/25
Jason Dubey Philip just needs a Python Headband with that Jumpsuit. Python is hot right now!! @the Chateau Diaries @Philip Janssen
7/18
Jason Dubey I encourage everyone here to take the leap and book a flight to Paris and make reservations at Lelande. Just book it! Check with them about the dates they are closed.
7/13
Jason Dubey Hello!! Has anyone made reservations to stay at LeLande? I just booked a flight to Paris in November and found out they close the B&B the first week in November through April!?
Céleste Reumert Refn @Jason Dubey I was asking about Octoer and Nai hasn't come back yet
M Parker @Jason Dubey, yes, she is closed for the winter in order to give them a break plus she says it's so cold in the Chateau that no one would want to stay in the winter lol
Jason Dubey @albert Rust It seems a little third world to me, no offense to anyone please. Can it really be that bad?
Jason Dubey I will stomp my fee and complain and pull my hair out until I get my way!!
Jason Dubey @Linda Elliott Hi Linda, with two businesses I barely have time in November to fit in my annual art buying tip to Paris. At this rate I may never make it to Lelande!?!
Jason Dubey @albert Rust I said I would be fine with just an apartment, and it's only for a few days while looking for School of Barbizon pieces from the region for our fine art gallery.
Albert Rust @Jason Dubey I am sure things will work out.
Jason Dubey @albert Rust Maybe Selmar has room in the camper!?!...lol
Albert Rust @Jason Dubey or rent a camper?
Jason Dubey I guess I won't be able to bring the fabulous Salvador Dali original engraving I have put aside for LeLande
Jason Dubey @the Chateau Diaries Hi! I am so disappointed to find out you guys are closed in November, after booking my flight to Paris on November 8th to 24th. I always go art buying in November!
Jason Dubey It has been gloomy for me too today now that I found out Lelande will be closed when I visit France in November. And now the news about Petit Pois!? This day is a little fluky
Jason Dubey @the Chateau Diaries Have you always closed from November to April? Five months is a long time. How do you keep your staff?
7/11
Jason Dubey @Michael Morrison Let's all head to Le Lande!
Michael Morrison @Jason Dubey sounds like an even better plan!!
Jason Dubey I love this kitchen. Our B&B kitchen is also a home kitchen spanning the entire width of the B&B with a Wolf Range. It is nice to have a home kitchen rather than a commercial one.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
So Marie has gone, Cat has gone. Stephanie and Philip are always away somewhere. Selmar is chateau hunting. Poor Natti has no playmates 😞. I wonder how much longer she will want to stay at the chateau looking after the B&B guests by herself?. There's a new volunteer though and Cara the wool lady is coming. She seems like a character and a lot of fun. She's a comedian so it might be quite lively there after all.

• Haha
  • Wow
:(🍸 Why am I not a VIP!?! What does it take!!!?????? I thought I was gossiping for England here! I think Mr. Andrew might mean boyfriend with his terminology, in a lot of south european languages it sounds like fiance I believe...but I might well be wrong. I wonder how long this "romance" will last, already longer than expected by me🧐 And when is Phillip coming out? As a crossdresser or what ever. Who is getting married? I am all questions and no answers here. Yes, and HOW IS TATYANA??? I am worried sick!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
That made me so mad! With all the money coming in ..... buy the bloody belt you witch!
Exactly! Just buy the mower belt. This is a prime example of false economy. It's going to cost a fortune in wages when Dan and Kirsty work with subpar equipment twice as long.

Why am I not a VIP!?! What does it take!!!??????
A thousand posts and your first born child ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Exactly! Just buy the mower belt. This is a prime example of false economy. It's going to cost a fortune in wages when Dan and Kirsty work with subpar equipment twice as long
True enough. But it's never about logic, look at the 'planning' for all the so-called work, utter chaos. No thought out plan, just reaction and whim and whatever seems screech worthy. In this case though, it's all about power, and who calls the shots, because the gardeners are getting quite good at getting on with it without supervision, so she thinks they need a bit of reminding who is boss (like she really knows what's going on in the garden) and don't you forget it!!

• Haha
  • Heart
it's all about power, and who calls the shots, because the gardeners are getting quite good at getting on with it without supervision, so she thinks they need a bit of reminding who is boss (like she really knows what's going on in the garden) and don't you forget it!!
Oh..... you have a point there ..... she loves to throw her weight around sometimes ... true!

Still ...... it made me mad as she has the $$ and I can just imagine the stones and crap that mower goes over every time!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.