The Chateau Diaries #44 Once again the flogs are full of of Tits, Tat and Tedious Tours.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well thank you all, and what naming the thread is concerned..i have made some comments which could make a good thread, but i am afraid i forgot what i said.. :D
"With all the money she has gained, all she really bought is a ticket to sadness and loneliness".
From one of Clara's posts last Wednesday.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Without pausing too long to point out how intellectually dishonest, and disrespectful of a rich local architecture history, SJ is, in aspiring to remodel Lalande as Versailles, instead of the 16th c. fortified farmhouse it is, let us return to the exemplary chatelain of Chateau du Sailhant, a similar fortified farmhouse property.
He's a professional conservation architect. He visited every single one of the 40 chateaux open to the public in Sailhant's region, the Auvergne, before he did any but the most urgent anti-collapse work on Sailhant. This we can call the state of the art due diligence of the good faith restorer of chateaux.
The Pays George Sand site @Clara Burnett refers to as the place to lodge complaints about filth at Lalande, also has a list of eight chateaux in Jarvis' immediate locale.
I am unaware she has visited a single one.
One reason may be their owners are private, hard-working French people, not fake, jet setters. Chateau du Breuil Yvain is a 13th-19th c chateau compound owned for 20 years by a Parisian international lawyer. It's 20 minutes from Lalande. Which clearly is not in the middle of nowhere. He and his family do all the work of restoration and maintenance. Jarvis wouldn't be caught dead there. Nor, very likely, would she be invited.
Fourth of the eight:
(I am not now, nor have I ever been, a real estate agent. This whole series is about the due diligence of a good faith chateau restorer like the chatelain of Sailhant, see link in quote above, who visited 40 local chateaux before restoring his own fortified farmhouse.
(Fortified farmhouse style being the one salient to Lalande, as opposed to Versailles, which is SJ's resting witch face.
(Lalande is most definitely not in the middle of nowhere, it is surrounded by heroic examples of respectful renovation by middle class people on budgets. Some take out loans, today's owners won a huge Patrimoine Loto grant and received other financial help from the state culture ministry.
(Also salient to Lalande would be the eight chateaux within half an hour's drive, along with their doughty owners' DIY tips and tips on making money off the local George Sand connection. As noted previously, you'd have to work hard not to make money off George Sand in this region, full of experts, lectures, museums, themed walks and concerts. Jarvis has some background in music workshops. Sand's sweetheart, Chopin, wrote most of his work at her house near Lalande. Romantic and revolutionary, Chopin has devoted fan clubs from Minnesota to Warsaw, Kosovo to
Beijing, every one of whom could be persuaded to overlook the shabby and spend a week at a Chopin fest at Lalande.)

Thirty minutes from Lalande, the private owners of the 13th-19th c Chateau du Lys Saint Georges are planning to make the chateau a center of village life (pop. 218) -- to build an artists' colony, as Jarvis alleged she wishes to do, and to hold Lisztomania concerts and festivals on the ground around their crumbling property. It was Liszt who introduced Chopin to George Sand at a party in Paris in 1836; Liszt and Sand were confidantes and members of each others' salons.
The owners, whose name I was unable to trace, won a significant grant of €211K from the Patrimoine Loto via the Heritage Mission in December of 2020. Estimates of the work required are more than twice as much. The owners are paying for some of it. The Regional Directorate of Cultural Affairs has also requested more work, and appears ready to fund their share. The grounds were part of the public stroll in their small town, and the building is so unsafe these walks been closed to the public for three years. The scope of work is described here. And in a French video here, which gives the best sense of the tremendous romance of the place, its near death condition, and what its restoration as a tourist destination and village park would mean to its tiny village.
National public interest in the site is due to its 13th century keep, the oldest in the region, the site where Louis XII imprisoned the Duke of Milan in 1500, allowing him to wander the grounds, receive friends, and fish in the moat. George Sand tells the story that Philippe Auguste, king of France, and Richard the Lionheart (war, 1191-1199) celebrated peace with a banquet at the fortress, by renaming the chateau and its town after the French lily and the patron saint of England.
The power of the chateau to revive local micro economies, support traditional craftsmen, restore beloved public space to its public, and supplement the already rich and busy high culture life in the heart of France -- check out the dance card of the Amis du Vieux Le Chatre nearby -- is crystallized by the snatching of Chateau du Lys Saint Georges from the jaws of death.
Jarvis could easily become a local center of culture as Chateau du Lys Saint Georges intends, and keeps saying that's what she wants. The only artists who show up at Lalande are Derek, Oliver, Annie and others who claim the title but whose product is even more dubious than that of those mentioned. Music workshops are apparently discontinued in favor of Patreon-only guests, as Lalande becomes ever more hermetically sealed a bubble against the French and their culture.
Rock on, France.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
From the current live chat (oddly deserted... nobody just before 3 hours of the premiere ! That's a first).

Someone is trying to catch the trainwagon :

4:43 PMLe Château De BriqueBoiGreeting from Begium

4:44 PMLe Château De BriqueBoi*Belgium

I checked. This woman calls herself "Lady Angela Cappelletti" in her Instagram Chateau de Briqueboi and has a You Tube channel with NO video... only promoting a "book" it seems. With the same style of title : The Duchess Diaries.

What's going on AGAIN ?

Lady Angela Cappelletti aka Ldy Lizbeth (Liz) Cappelletti.
I have come across her (not in real life) some time ago. She seems rather mad.,erm, I mean eccentric.
"Biography
Lady Angela Cappelletti was born as an Aristocratic Angela Marisa Elisabetta Cappelletti (known as Lizbeth). A descendant of a Renaissance writer and poetic person known as Francesco Petrarca; from whom she has inherited the ability to write anything at a speed record time. The Duchess speaks five languages: Italian, Latin, Spanish, French, and English. On which she has the ability to simultaneously write five books in those five languages. She composed three lyrical poems for her ancestor and created a short Opera play for him. His tribute is included in her book A Revelation as an Author)
The Duchess has a unique way of writing her novels. Such she tells the story in English while dragging in her novel two more languages. She didn`t inherit the gift of drawing as the way she would have loved to display her novels, like a movie scene.
The Duchess is also a descendant of H.R.H. Her Majesty Queen Victoria and other Royal Houses, making her a "Duchess". And her title can be proven through DNA.
Preferring the best physical books then Ebooks. A very popular novel that she wrote is titled 20th May 1820. Is about a true story and is both fiction and non-fiction. It was written in the year 2019 May 20th, after a breakup.
The Duchess studies International Relations & Diplomacy.
Later she would like to study a Degree in History & Letters, as is something she always wanted to venture
"Is not easy doing the "self-publishing" job. I am not perfect. I try to make it better".

One of her YT videos:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
This woman calls herself "Lady Angela Cappelletti" in her Instagram Chateau de Briqueboi and has a You Tube channel with NO video... only promoting a "book" it seems. With the same style of title : The Duchess Diaries.
Sounds like Mills & Boon to me. I thought it might be Ruthy with a nom de plume, taking revenge on SJ until I read your note about the Duchess! She still sounds rather suspicious to me, with an Italian name and a French chateau and if she has to mention proof by DNA, which I doubt that a real Duchess would need to mention. Sounds a bit like a US version of Barbara Cartland or Lady Colin Campbell!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Fourth of the eight:
(I am not now, nor have I ever been, a real estate agent. This whole series is about the due diligence of a good faith chateau restorer like the chatelain of Sailhant, see link in quote above, who visited 40 local chateaux before restoring his own fortified farmhouse.
(Fortified farmhouse style being the one salient to Lalande, as opposed to Versailles, which is SJ's resting witch face.
(Lalande is most definitely not in the middle of nowhere, it is surrounded by heroic examples of respectful renovation by middle class people on budgets. Some take out loans, today's owners won a huge Patrimoine Loto grant and received other financial help from the state culture ministry.
(Also salient to Lalande would be the eight chateaux within half an hour's drive, along with their doughty owners' DIY tips and tips on making money off the local George Sand connection. As noted previously, you'd have to work hard not to make money off George Sand in this region, full of experts, lectures, museums, themed walks and concerts. Jarvis has some background in music workshops. Sand's sweetheart, Chopin, wrote most of his work at her house near Lalande. Romantic and revolutionary, Chopin has devoted fan clubs from Minnesota to Warsaw, Kosovo to
Beijing, every one of whom could be persuaded to overlook the shabby and spend a week at a Chopin fest at Lalande.)

Thirty minutes from Lalande, the private owners of the 13th-19th c Chateau du Lys Saint Georges are planning to make the chateau a center of village life (pop. 218) -- to build an artists' colony, as Jarvis alleged she wishes to do, and to hold Lisztomania concerts and festivals on the ground around their crumbling property. It was Liszt who introduced Chopin to George Sand at a party in Paris in 1836; Liszt and Sand were confidantes and members of each others' salons.
The owners, whose name I was unable to trace, won a significant grant of €211K from the Patrimoine Loto via the Heritage Mission in December of 2020. Estimates of the work required are more than twice as much. The owners are paying for some of it. The Regional Directorate of Cultural Affairs has also requested more work, and appears ready to fund their share. The grounds were part of the public stroll in their small town, and the building is so unsafe these walks been closed to the public for three years. The scope of work is described here. And in a French video here, which gives the best sense of the tremendous romance of the place, its near death condition, and what its restoration as a tourist destination and village park would mean to its tiny village.
National public interest in the site is due to its 13th century keep, the oldest in the region, the site where Louis XII imprisoned the Duke of Milan in 1500, allowing him to wander the grounds, receive friends, and fish in the moat. George Sand tells the story that Philippe Auguste, king of France, and Richard the Lionheart (war, 1191-1199) celebrated peace with a banquet at the fortress, by renaming the chateau and its town after the French lily and the patron saint of England.
The power of the chateau to revive local micro economies, support traditional craftsmen, restore beloved public space to its public, and supplement the already rich and busy high culture life in the heart of France -- check out the dance card of the Amis du Vieux Le Chatre nearby -- is crystallized by the snatching of Chateau du Lys Saint Georges from the jaws of death.
Jarvis could easily become a local center of culture as Chateau du Lys Saint Georges intends, and keeps saying that's what she wants. The only artists who show up at Lalande are Derek, Oliver, Annie and others who claim the title but whose product is even more dubious than that of those mentioned. Music workshops are apparently discontinued in favor of Patreon-only guests, as Lalande becomes ever more hermetically sealed a bubble against the French and their culture.
Rock on, France.
Well said, when you dont have an aristocratic background ..you . like Fan Flash, have no idea what the meaning of a chateau is to the community..when you do..it earns its own upkeep these days..but you have to be able and want to be part of the community..Owning a large estate means hard work..not much parties for most of them..look at all the effort the countess of Carnarvon does to keep Highclere on the map..not that i dare to compare Highclere to lalande..but want i want to say..these places are moneypitts..you can make it work..but then you have to work hard too..grifting and begging doesnt last...hard work does..

Reactions: 17
Is Michael still away?
Is Michael’s gofundme still active? The last donation took place two months ago.
Some contributors have been very generous.

Save the gardeners cottage
contributors
Goal: €25,000
€ 27,426 collected
Michael Petherick organise cette collecte de fonds au nom de Michael Petherick.
I have a dream to save the crumbling old gardeners cottage for future generations. It’s been left abandoned for a long time, infact I don’t know when it was last lived in because it has no electric wiring or plumbing for water.

It’s in danger of falling down and my brother and his fiancé don’t have the funds to restore it. Their priority right now is saving the château and I fear the cottage will be left for at least another 10 years before anyone can do anything to save it.
I plan to raise the money, restore it myself and live in so it’s kept heated and cared for and to ensure its survival. I plan to make it as vintage as possible the way it would have been 100 years ago, with minimal modern additions. I also plan to use as much reclaimed material as I can find to give it that authentic antique feel.
Any donation however small will help to keep this building safe for future generations. I believe you never really own a building like this, you are just a caretaker for future people to enjoy it. Together we can all be that caretaker for this generation.
Lets save it and let it live once again.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
View attachment 657938
From the current live chat (oddly deserted... nobody just before 3 hours of the premiere ! That's a first).

Someone is trying to catch the trainwagon :

4:43 PMLe Château De BriqueBoiGreeting from Begium

4:44 PMLe Château De BriqueBoi*Belgium

I checked. This woman calls herself "Lady Angela Cappelletti" in her Instagram Chateau de Briqueboi and has a You Tube channel with NO video... only promoting a "book" it seems. With the same style of title : The Duchess Diaries.

What's going on AGAIN ?

I've noticed her a few times in the live chats trying to gain some traction, without much luck. A new 🤪. I saved this last Tuesday.
Live chat 7/6
Le Château De BriqueBoi I`m Lady Angela Cappelletti, known as Duchess Lizbeth I. Thank you :)
Le Château De BriqueBoi At the moment I am working in finishing my autobiography named: "THE DUCHESS DIARIES"
Le Château De BriqueBoi Stephanie, can you do a blog of What you eat in a day? Just to change the blogs a bit. I love mostly the eones like this one, but it be also great if you would share... a day in the life of Stephanie

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
View attachment 657938

I've noticed her a few times in the live chats trying to gain some traction, without much luck. A new 🤪. I saved this last Tuesday.
Live chat 7/6
Le Château De BriqueBoi I`m Lady Angela Cappelletti, known as Duchess Lizbeth I. Thank you :)
Le Château De BriqueBoi At the moment I am working in finishing my autobiography named: "THE DUCHESS DIARIES"
Le Château De BriqueBoi Stephanie, can you do a blog of What you eat in a day? Just to change the blogs a bit. I love mostly the eones like this one, but it be also great if you would share... a day in the life of Stephanie
Her book is self published - I understand

Defvtly mad : Have a look at her LinkedIn

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I have come across her (not in real life) some time ago. She seems rather mad.,erm, I mean eccentric.
"Biography
Lady Angela Cappelletti was born as an Aristocratic Angela Marisa Elisabetta Cappelletti (known as Lizbeth). A descendant of a Renaissance writer and poetic person known as Francesco Petrarca; from whom she has inherited the ability to write anything at a speed record time. The Duchess speaks five languages: Italian, Latin, Spanish, French, and English. On which she has the ability to simultaneously write five books in those five languages. She composed three lyrical poems for her ancestor and created a short Opera play for him. His tribute is included in her book A Revelation as an Author)
The Duchess has a unique way of writing her novels. Such she tells the story in English while dragging in her novel two more languages. She didn`t inherit the gift of drawing as the way she would have loved to display her novels, like a movie scene.
The Duchess is also a descendant of H.R.H. Her Majesty Queen Victoria and other Royal Houses, making her a "Duchess". And her title can be proven through DNA.
Preferring the best physical books then Ebooks. A very popular novel that she wrote is titled 20th May 1820. Is about a true story and is both fiction and non-fiction. It was written in the year 2019 May 20th, after a breakup.
Later she would like to study a Degree in History & Letters, as is something she always wanted to venture
"Is not easy doing the "self-publishing" job. I am not perfect. I try to make it better".

One of her YT videos:
Fee fie foe fum I smell the blood of a fruitcake. To quote Dr. @MojoDublin, ;) 😝😋😜

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Damn this one is even better indeed...lets do this one..its settled..

"And they say WE have a lousy life......"

Excellent choice - once we hit the #1000 - posts on this thread ….

Fabulous choice 😈
Congratulations 🥳 again 😈

We should have 2 new VIP in the next thread 🧵……

Reactions: 10
View attachment 657938

Live chat 7/6
I guess the duchess is pennyless..to want to jump on Fan Flash her peacockshitten jaguar...

• Haha
Reactions: 13
"Biography

One of her YT videos:

Nah, just a mad self promoting loony more likely :

- While a genetic test can tell us a lot there’s still no single test for royal blood. “DNA testing only reveals a general ethnic breakdown that changes over time, as the science becomes further refined,” says Joshua Taylor, president of the New York Genealogical & Biographical Society. It “might identify that two individuals share a common ancestor within a certain number of generations, but research is still needed to identify who that common ancestor might be.

Reactions: 7
Do they usually celebrate le 14 juillet (Bastille Day in English, I think) at LL? I think they did something for the 4th of July, didn't they?

Reactions: 3
Her book is self published - I understand

Defvtly mad : Have a look at her LinkedIn

Very weird indeed.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.