The Chateau Diaries #44 Once again the flogs are full of of Tits, Tat and Tedious Tours.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And Cat. And Dana. You know, the lalande ladies....all very GREATFUL of the free money they get by signing their private life away.

And whilst the mice are away, the cat can play..... A barrier going up, and who's distancing themselves, and why.....

Reactions: 10
There is a problem with filling so many vlogs....when you actually dont want to work..or want to get work done....its easier to fill them with the works of others...put your feet under some one elses table and let the party begin...oh yes and do some filming in between...
Exactly! She must have made a list some time ago of all the chateaux for potential vlogs and then asked for an invitation for her and "essential" members of the entourage in exchange for free publicity for the exposure. The other owners are daft if they don't see that she's feathering her own nest by doing it and they could just as easily, and probably more efficiently, do it themselves but as she is "the most experienced chateau vlogger", they all fall for it. At the stage they agree, the majority of them will never have visited LL to see what a shambles it is but they may have seen her on Escape to the Chateau DIY and mistakenly imagined that she, like themselves, is doing most of the work herself. They are in for a real shock when they visit LL. She will also now be able to engineer a second round of free accommodation, food and wine, in exchange for delivering the "desirable" gifts that the fans have sent via the "chateaux coordinator". She can't now take notice of the critical comments on these vlogs as it's obvious that loads of visits have been arranged already and until she and her servants can travel more freely, it takes her away from the boredom of facing all the disasters; the necessary work; the cooking, and looking after the B & Bs, and who knows, there may just be a few attractive shops for her and BJJ in the vicinity!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think Dan has done wonders. Even his all over the place planting at chateau edge has improved things. It distracts one from the need to plaster the chateau. Just keeping everything tidy is a bonus. I think you’ll be surprised when the gardens are professionally laid out how much more engaged SJ will be. It’s all so overwhelming for a non-gardener and Isabelle was always the main botanical driver. However SJ will become far more interested when there is some structure in the ground and more borders and there is more definition in place. Imagine trying to design a house without walls. The new fountain area is simple but fabulous.
More engaged as in walking in it and asking questions about it, or more engaged as in working in it?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
From @mariewiik1 Instagram stories... 11 and 9 hours ago
View attachment 657487View attachment 657488
Thanks!!! Nancy Drew you never fail us! 😁

Norway is a member of the European Economic Area (even though it is not a member of European Union).
This includes the right of free movement of persons (and the right to live and work) between the members states of the EEA).

So Marie doesn't need a work permit to stay and work in France.

BUT not sure for her future projects in UK. Has she sorted out her future status in UK (not a member of EEA) ??

As I said, no work permits are neccessary in European Union.

PLUS :

No work permits are necessary between members states of European Economic Area (Agreement between European countries even those which are not in European Union).

BUT :

For all those who are not from European Union and/or European Economic Area : work permits and residency visas are necessary. This is now the case for UK for example.

USA :

Your friend's Irish husband (European Union citizen) had to comply to the US rules in terms of emigration. That's different. IMO
Thanks for the info!!!! You made it easier to wrap my head around it!👍😊

all Lalande girls hv gone for a trip except Stephanie …. ofcourse she won’t go anywhere where Phillip isn’t invited

Why does philllip hv to b attached to her hip all the time .. if he is her assistant he can stay behind the scenes and help her … he doesn’t have to feature in her vlogs .
He is her security blanket. The baby blanket she never had as an infant. I am shocked that SJ isn't with the girls. She and Snorts must have a romantic getaway planned by themselves. Or want to hole up together in their crumbling "boo-door" by themselves with a Do Not Disturb tag on the door. 😝😜

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
No, she wasn't. She pretended to be, sure, like her daughter she loves the part of damsel in distress so a man (any man) can come to the rescue. That's how she hooked the old gardener Bernard, who fell for her hard and if IJ is at the tit show, he still comes around to do chores for her. When it comes to actual gardening, IJ is as clueless as her daughter is in all things that matter. SJ is very wise to keep her mother from coming back (there, you see, I can make a compliment when one is due). If IJ was there and started to interfere with the gardening again, it would certainly demotivate Dan and his garden work. Not to mention what it would do to everyone's mood and the general atmosphere.
BIB

Dan is a contractor. He gets paid by Stephanie, his own burgeoning vlog is tied to CDLL and he would merely adjust to household changes. I can’t imagine for a minute he’d allow himself to be manifestly affected by the presence or absence of an octogenarian.
IJ plays a role at CDLL of the punctilious, the formidable pocket rocket. She does the overbearing and slightly flakey mother very well. She is likeable in that ‘roll your eyes‘ way and the Chateau vlogs are lesser for her absence. I’d love her to come back but think it unlikely until this COVIDIOCY is consigned to the also ran or we learn to live with it.

Reactions: 8
Exactly! She must have made a list some time ago of all the chateaux for potential vlogs and then asked for an invitation for her and "essential" members of the entourage in exchange for free publicity for the exposure. The other owners are daft if they don't see that she's feathering her own nest by doing it and they could just as easily, and probably more efficiently, do it themselves but as she is "the most experienced chateau vlogger", they all fall for it. At the stage they agree, the majority of them will never have visited LL to see what a shambles it is but they may have seen her on Escape to the Chateau DIY and mistakenly imagined that she, like themselves, is doing most of the work herself. They are in for a real shock when they visit LL. She will also now be able to engineer a second round of free accommodation, food and wine, in exchange for delivering the "desirable" gifts that the fans have sent via the "chateaux coordinator". She can't now take notice of the critical comments on these vlogs as it's obvious that loads of visits have been arranged already and until she and her servants can travel more freely, it takes her away from the boredom of facing all the disasters; the necessary work; the cooking, and looking after the B & Bs, and who knows, there may just be a few attractive shops for her and BJJ in the vicinity!
She was freeloading like this before, before she could make money off it. Now it must just seem like peaches and whipped cream Nirvana, to make Ten Burghe pay for PJ's lobster dinner and drink all his Pomerol. As @Jikki2 noted in an immortal phrase, it's a miracle she doesn't burst into flame. It takes constant diligent hard work to be a maw this relentless and empty. 🐗

Reactions: 15
Thanks!!! Nancy Drew you never fail us! 😁

Thanks for the info!!!! You made it easier to wrap my head around it!👍😊

He is her security blanket. The baby blanket she never had as an infant. I am shocked that SJ isn't with the girls. She and Snorts must have a romantic getaway planned by themselves. Or want to hole up together in their crumbling "boo-door" by themselves with a Do Not Disturb tag on the door. 😝😜
Yes. She will want Tripod with her when at home and when she goes away. And he is not keen to get off tit and on to bottle, so will remain on her truckle bed until beckoned to gaze up to the head of the bed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
From the current live chat (oddly deserted... nobody just before 3 hours of the premiere ! That's a first).

Someone is trying to catch the trainwagon :

4:43 PMLe Château De BriqueBoiGreeting from Begium

4:44 PMLe Château De BriqueBoi*Belgium

I checked. This woman calls herself "Lady Angela Cappelletti" in her Instagram Chateau de Briqueboi and has a You Tube channel with NO video... only promoting a "book" it seems. With the same style of title : The Duchess Diaries.

What's going on AGAIN ?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
From the current live chat (oddly deserted... nobody just before 3 hours of the premiere ! That's a first).

Someone is trying to catch the trainwagon :

4:43 PMLe Château De BriqueBoiGreeting from Begium

4:44 PMLe Château De BriqueBoi*Belgium

I checked. This woman calls herself "Lady Angela Cappelletti" in her Instagram Chateau de Briqueboi and has a You Tube channel with NO video... only promoting a "book" it seems. With the same style of title : The Duchess Diaries.

What's going on AGAIN ?

I expect the English contingent are busy with the Euros final this evening!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Well thank you all, and what naming the thread is concerned..i have made some comments which could make a good thread, but i am afraid i forgot what i said.. :D
How about something to do with chickens?????
Like " For the love of CHICKENS......". But, I don't know how to finish it.....
"For the love of CHICKENS....figure it out!!!". ?????

Or I liked, "The inmates are running the asylum...fun times at the Chateau". Because SJ sure ain't taking care of ANYTHING there. She leaves ANYBODY in charge of the B&B as long as it isn't her, Nutti or Snorts.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.