The Chateau Diaries #42 Tattlers - Ingloriously Fabulous 15 Guilty As Charged - M15 Agents

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
(as she is obsessed with being a modern day Marie Antoinette
And I don't undersand why she's so obsessed with Marie Antoinette when you know how the story ended up for the Queen...

.that fountain in that courtyard is also a big mistake..
I've never understood why they bought this fountain. It is so out of place with the style of the chateau itself (the 16e century part and the 18-19e century part).
Tasteless and so Nouveau Riche.
But they like it... Says it all.

She must had some help..with her photoshopadventure....for sure...just looked at her succes stories interview with Fan Flash...interviewing isnt also her best skill...

Looking at the Succes stories interview our flowerkiller had with Fanny Flash...Fan mentioned her parents started off together in a caravan...then the grannyfarmbusiness began...That must have been very lucrative...I have the feeling they robbed a lot of those elderly off.. or ended up in their will....I would like to know more of this ..isnt nobody here who can shine some light on this?? Also the fact that some lady said she wanted to shot Mrs Jarvis in the bottom..makes me think that grannyfarm wasnt all about love , life and laughter...
Tattlers tried to look into this grannies farm business at the very beginning.
As it was pre-internet, not a lot was found.

Only one comment in one of the first CD vlogs : a lady said she worked with IJ in a nursing home in UK and was wondering if it was the same IJ. Not only her post got no answer but it was quickly deleted.

Someone here had screenshot it. But don't know in which thread though.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
WHY WOULD YOU GO BACK???? IS SJ FINALLY PAYING YOU???? ARE FRK'S MEALS TOO LACKLUSTER??? ARE PAYING GUEST COMPLAINING???
Remember her??? She's returning to Lalande. At least she can cook.
Nichola Jane Taylor

incabellablog

Looking gorgeous with that mischievous smile Cat. See you in a few weeks, looking forward to it.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
If SJ cottons on to the fact that Dan and Kat are taking the piss, how will she react to that?
Dan and Kat are wise. They are not taking the piss. They are gently poking fun at her - the same as when Philip imitated her doing the intro "Hi, I'm Stephanie, and this is my home..." They have well honed humour - able to walk the line of not offending the boss whilst entertaining the masses.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Sorry to change the subject but I was wondering about Sara & Steve’s departure for Canada. They have to reapply for a visa? I guess I’m still confused as to how you can purchase property & run a business but not be able to spend more than three months as they stated. Also what was all the drama about the dogs with Air France if they were leaving to go back to Canada soon thereafter. Is it France that allows the three months? I know that Canadians can spend six months in the US.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The wallpaper in her room surely has seen better days.

Come to think of it, of all the things that it must see now…
EVERYTHING in that room has seen better days

And I don't undersand why she's so obsessed with Marie Antoinette when you know how the story ended up for the Queen...
I think in the opening titles she only serves to highlight what low level aristocracy lived in that dump because no way would a King send a high ranking aristocrat to meet the Queen on arrival thus leaving himself unguarded. It just proves that he thought the Marquis (from a family of Marquis, Stephanie?! There is only ever one in a family) was completely dispensable.

One thing I will never understand is the volume of idiots desperate to throw themselves at the contemptuous 'mercy' of that scrubber Stephanie for the grand prize of 8 minutes of 'fame'. Where is their self respect? Don't any of these people have lives of their own?
They all seem so damaged and lonely.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
All around the world there are people who think Nothing of ripping off the elderly!
There is a special place in Hell for them!!!
But is there any evidence of malpractice or criminal financial gain? (Nursing home business)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Good point!

I grew up on a farm, in a cottage in the grounds, and the farmhouse was a16th century Manor house. It still had many of the
original features. It was not quite the rustic country floral idyll with Shaker style furniture most people imagine when they hear the word farmhouse. The walls had some panelling, heavy and rough hewn, the rest of the walls were painted with distemper to stop damp. The floor was stone flags. There was some original furniture which was dark, roughly carved and massive, big high back pews, big scrubbed table, all crudely made locally, The house was very dark inside, nothing elegant. Think "Wuthering Heights" rather than attractive Shaker. I'm not sure what old French farmhouses look like, probably pretty similar. Stephanie is recreating sonething that probably was never there to start with. The house looks more chateau like than my old home farm, as it had belonged to the local squire who wasn't aristocratic, and possibly the Nadillacs had finer furnishings, but it's true, a farmhouse would not look aristocratic. It would be full of dog/cats and the farm workers would be coming into the house for breakfast and lunch, wet and muddy, accompanied by the wet dogs, as my father did., every say.All the men would smoke heavily too. I know, I had to sit in the fug with them. Stephanie is renovating to her own taste, it's her house, she's entitled to. She has to live in it and rent out rooms. I would agree, however, that it would be more authentic to renovate Lalande as a farmhouse, but it would look more rustic .
The Chateau du Sailhant is nearly 1000 years old and at several points during its long life, the first floor rooms were used for grain storage. The owner/architect went through some changes, as they all do, around the idea of restoring to 13th century style, or leaving the 19th century farm store remodelling of the first floor, with servants' dining room, estate office, no grand entry or salle. It's pretty dark in there and you can imagine very much the scene you describe. I don't know if it's any less grey and rainy in the Auvergne than it is in the winter in Paris, but I can practically smell the wet dog and the smoke as we speak. Lots of what look like just painted walls, as you describe. I think you have described what Lalande must have been.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
With all those randy shots of la Landers is SJ posing the place to be a brothel? bahahah.
Yeah ... for transvestites ...

Dan and Kat are wise. They are not taking the piss. They are gently poking fun at her - the same as when Philip imitated her doing the intro "Hi, I'm Stephanie, and this is my home..." They have well honed humour - able to walk the line of not offending the boss whilst entertaining the masses.
Dan is indeed a very funny fellow ... and so is Kat ...

Last edited:
This obsession with Marie's boobs, my god. She has a few (probably only 3) years of bralessness left. Enjoy your freedom Marie. It's so fleeting
We are only worried she might go braless even after 3 years😂😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Is it France that allows the three months? I know that Canadians can spend six months in the US.
I think it is a EU/Schengen rule.

I don't know if it's any less grey and rainy in the Auvergne than it is in the winter in Paris,
Winters in Auvergne are extremely cold (snow, frost over several months). It's a mountains region. And summers are very hot. Not an easy climate.

• Heart
Sorry to change the subject but I was wondering about Sara & Steve’s departure for Canada. They have to reapply for a visa? I guess I’m still confused as to how you can purchase property & run a business but not be able to spend more than three months as they stated. Also what was all the drama about the dogs with Air France if they were leaving to go back to Canada soon thereafter. Is it France that allows the three months? I know that Canadians can spend six months in the US.
And to add to this, the 3 months away from Canada is exactly 3m total for the calendar year, not 3m away and then back for a week or two and back again. They can loose their Ontario Health coverage otherwise so they will have to secure European living status of some kind to be able to access whatever French health coverage there is ( is there any?, I'm not familiar ).

But is there any evidence of malpractice or criminal financial gain? (Nursing home business)
This is who IJ and Dereck sold Cransford Hall to:

“Cransford Hall, a mock Georgian Mansion set in 17 acres near Saxmundham, Suffolk, has an impressive oak-panelled entrance hall. But appearances can be deceptive.​

Last October inspectors found poorly trained staff, dirty commodes, and rooms smelling of urine. Residents were washed, dressed and taken to breakfast from 5.45am. Men were shaved in a production-line fashion using just one razor. The proprietors, Kalchand and Nandai Kowlessur, live in the stockbroker belt of Epsom, Surrey. They face losing their registration but are disputing the inspectors' findings.”​
I’m sure it didn’t become a hell hole over night. And this would explain why SJ was shipped away all of the time and why she demands attention but god only knows why she is so over-sexualized. Looks like cleaning has never been a Jarvis priority either.​

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
In some of the early threads we talked about this a lot and tried to find some more information on how the Jarvisses actually got their first chunk of money. We couldn’t find any, but were still suspicious of the their preferred image of IJ being a selfmade millionaire just through hard work as a nurse. In her ‘interview’ with Marie (hardly worth it to call it an interview, such a mess, contentwise and technically) SJ paints an even dimmer picture of poverty in her youth, claiming her parents got to their wealth by restoring a mansion room by room and put residents in. She claims to have inherented all her skills from her parents, but clearly, restoring room by room isn’t one of them. Now grifting, yes, she mastered that rather successfully, hence FRK’s admiration for her ’successtory’...so inspirational!

You are so right about that. This is the base for her lifestyle: providing social scandal and fun things to chat about amongst fans and admirers, so they won‘t dig any deeper and start asking questions. As always, she gives away bits and pieces though by being sloppy, either in editing her own vlogs or in talking in other ones. She’s just so proud of her succes and fake ‘workethic’, she thinks she’s safe from being exposed. It’s called digging your own grave and she’s putting her everything in it.
SJ most definitely perfected her techniques while living at and observing her parents at these nursing establishments. The scam is a type of Ponzi scheme, Once original marks are brought in, it is then easy for others to follow. She offers them a lot, mainly herself, as a type of return on their investment, but in reality, and as time goes on, delivers very little of substance.

She has lately given specific monetary amounts regarding her acquisitions. Paneling: $30k, Bed topper: $1300, chaise: $3k, etc.
But that is only her word. Any receipts made available? Only one clever way she can hide $.

Patrons clearly don’t ask too many questions because that would kill their illusions about her. They want to believe in the scam, otherwise they would have to admit how gullible they are and how easily duped they have been.

This is why she can never stop the gift scam. It’s where she does her best acting. She gives them what they need during these displays. Makes them feel a part of it all, she reads their saccharine notes, wears their offerings, coos over the various rags and discards. She makes them feel that she is their friend, sister, daughter, or granddaughter, and that she is speaking to each one of them with sincerity, love and affection. Always the pretense that she is humble, ever so grateful, always upbeat, eager to please with promises of what’s to come.

It is a form of coercion that she has mastered and it is making her wealthy even beyond her dreams. Eventually, all Ponzi schemes come crashing down. Never by critics, but by their own insatiable greed and the inability to keep the scam going. The cracks are beginning to show, but since the plebs are so in love with her, could take some time before it all implodes.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
This is who IJ and Dereck sold Cransford Hall to:

“Cransford Hall, a mock Georgian Mansion set in 17 acres near Saxmundham, Suffolk, has an impressive oak-panelled entrance hall. But appearances can be deceptive.​

Last October inspectors found poorly trained staff, dirty commodes, and rooms smelling of urine. Residents were washed, dressed and taken to breakfast from 5.45am. Men were shaved in a production-line fashion using just one razor. The proprietors, Kalchand and Nandai Kowlessur, live in the stockbroker belt of Epsom, Surrey. They face losing their registration but are disputing the inspectors' findings.”​

I’m sure it didn’t become a hell hole over night. And this would explain why SJ was shipped away all of the time and why she demands attention but god only knows why she is so over-sexualized. Looks like cleaning has never been a Jarvis priority either.​

This is the original article: The Daily Express : 26 July 1999 - Scandal of grim trade in frail lives of the elderly

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.