Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pno

VIP Member
Look at what You Tube suggested to me !

A weekend at Lalande by some volunteers last autumn... I thought they had no volunteers anymore ?

PS : Any english speakers to confirm what she says at the beginning of her video about a diner(for 14 people) being cooked by themselves just when they arrived ??

How the idiots at CLL didn’t all get Covid and expire is beyond me. Who has random people come in off the street and cook for you DURING A PANDEMIC and wear masks partially for only a day? How did they even get around the travel restrictions to do a Work Away? Would this have violated the government Covid relief to BnB owners? And how lazy are they that beds are half made? Either make them or have them stripped.
The blonde kiwi still looked absolutely shell shocked at the “2 hour cooking challenge” for 14 guests with a list of dietary restrictions including:
Vegetarian
Glutton Free
Dairy free
Low sodium
Sugar free
Nut free
I don’t think any Iron Chef competitions were ever this convoluted.
All of the levity looked very forced like time to wind up the monkey and entertain the guests. It will be hell on earth when the floodgates open and the bus loads of Brenda’s arrive. And I can only imagine there will be more visitors filming. The unhappy ones will give some fantastic content. I think I may need to set up an alert in the event that YT misses alerting Tattle!!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

FrenchGirl123

Chatty Member
Kill me now please... not sure when she stopped travelling?

View attachment 613794
Exactly ! These people haven't stopped traveling - pandemic or not pandemic.

And she dares say "We were the only people there (in the restaurant in Bruges) so it felt very safe" !!

Maybe it's because other people are aware that the virus is still around and it's not because you can do it that you should do it !

I'm torn here : I don't know if she just doesn't care of the rest of the world OR if she is just stupid (I mean really stupid) ?

Rather a bleak view of old age. She will sell the chateau and buy a pad in Venice and have admirers hanging on to her every word. She'll become an eccentric. She dresses like one now. She's got a wide social circle, always going off to stay with friends. She's got the kind of charm that will always attract people to her. The money from the Patreons and the sale of the chateau plus the many other properties she owns, and Isabelle's money will give her a comfortable old age. Her money will ensure she is not alone. I can see her living in hotels being waited on. The reason she seems to "be alone" is the pandemic. We've all been alone for 15 months, unless we had a family with us in lockdown. Not defending her, she will always find people to use. Willing victims.
Alas, I think you are right.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

MojoDublin

VIP Member
New patron vlog

Agreed to buy all davys parents Crystal

And I quote

As we have all the new apartment s
They will need to have a full compliment of crystal ware …. That’s entirely separate to the chateau

Besides mummy and daddy had the exact same crystal when I was growing up ⬆

It’s notions she has NOTIONS
Patrons are paying for her and her friends apartment sssss

Not restoration
Their retirement village

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

Jeeves

VIP Member
OK, @Marquise de Tandoori, what's your fury? Nine angries since Sunday. I see you. There is no pattern to the posts you dislike, but the Marquise marks you as either a CD protagonist or a CD Tattler with a second hidey hole account. Stop lurking and speak up like a decent human being or shut the fuck up.
(Thank you, Mo.)

No charitable donations announcements of the YT monies for a while.
Why the concern over the use of the angry emoji? As far as I can see, there are no rules governing the use of emojis on Tattle - everyone is free to react as they see fit.
In any case, the use of the :mad: is open to interpretation. Is the respondent angry at the OP, or sharing the OP's indignation? For instance, one post that @Marquise de Tandoori responded to was the idea that SJ has in effect rented BJJ. Wasn't her angry response due to Fanny's inappropriate use of funding to pay her boy companion rather than anger at the original post? Does she share your concerns and is angered about the bats roosting in the attic? Emojis are a very basic way to communicate and I often find myself dithering about which one to use to express my thoughts. I wish we had a "bored" emoji available sometime for repetitive or preaching posts.
In her defence, Marquise de Tandoori hasn't attacked any single poster or topic.
"Stop lurking and speak up like a decent human being or shut the fuck up."
I found your response far more offensive. Everyone here is free to respond as they see fit , as long as their written posts do not cause offence and you have no right to call anyone out for their use of emojis. This is ridiculous.
Just to clarify, my :mad: on your post was to express my anger at the nature of your post.

The situation with @Clara Burnett was entirely different - she was personally targeted by a long series of unpleasant posts. Original tattlers will recall the "Valerie" situation where one of our much missed Tattlers was subjected to an onslaught of attack from CD superfans. Neither of them moaned about it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow

Dippy Hippy

VIP Member
The chateau makes her feel important, like she IS somebody.
The fabrics are the most boring part of all the vlogs, endless dusty old pieces out of someone's attic. They are all the same pattern, just variations on it. Most of them will rot away in the attic unused. It really isn't that interesting. Neither are the endless acquisitions of plates. SJ and Snorty clearly have an obsession for this old crap. As I watch the blogs, I feel as if I'm listening to my lovely very elderly aunt droning on about her soft furnishings. I smile politely, but switch off and die quietly inside.
The earlier vlogs used to be so interesting. I know that the pandemic has stopped visitors arriving, and Stephanie was left with a bunch of boring sycophants for months on end, but the interest in soft furnishings and tableware has become an obsession. Hopefully new visitors and volunteers will bring fresher vlogs, new subjects, and perhaps Stephanee will stop buying s**t. We can then see the renovation work, meet new people, see different places That's fun to watch, soft furnishings aren't.😑

• Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
a vile avaricious maggot in a bleached blonde wig.
Ladies and gents, that a new title for next thread!

I really CANT believe she is almost at $31,000 it is disgusting 🤢
It is, disgusting and criminal. There have been many people asking for honest answers, but their comments get deleted and they are labelled ‘trolls’. Stupidity rules the world and SJ is about to ge crowned its empress.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Rory

VIP Member
Why does Marie drink out of a jar? How weird. Also someone needs to tell her to check her sugar consumption. Those nut bars and such have a lot of sugar.

OMG there are guests coming and the floor tiles, water tank and bidet are still there from weeks ago. Unbelievable.

• Haha
  • Wow

FrenchGirl123

Chatty Member
From the comments,
WHAT'S DAN DONE THIS TIME???

Claudine Retif
11 hours ago
"Badly Done Stephanie. Badly done indeed!" I was again offended by your Patreon plug while opening Davey's gifts. It was like: "Here's a teaser for all you nobodies but the posh get to see the whole show. Why waste such fine porcelain on the vulgar, poor, masses." Likewise, an episode or so ago, Ian, Davey, Philip, and you were discussing building plans. The great unwashed got a taste, then cut to the Patreons for the rest of the tour. Odious! I was actually considering getting a small Patreon subscription for my sister because she always feels so small whenever she gets cut out. Alas, now I will not get the account because it would seem like rewarding crash behaviour. Did some Youtube genius tell you to plug Patreon this way?? Remember, you gained 100,000 subscribers being rather ordinary and down to earth. You always took great pains to make even your humblest viewer feel like part of the team merely because they watched all the adverts and "liked" you. Now your getting spoiled! One more point, at the beginning of this episode you said you wanted to have a more professionally decorated / organized chateau. I'm all for order but. . . Why watch your chateau if yours just like everyone elses - antiseptic? Seems to have lost your common touch?! Hopefully someone can talk some kindness and humility back into you before it is too late. You're too good for this! We need the grateful for small things, lockdown Stephanie back.

Hide 2 replies

The Chateau Diaries
The Chateau Diaries

3 hours ago
Dear Claudine, I’m sorry you feel that way. All of the events at Lalande are shown on the main vlog. Between The Chateau Diaries and Chateau Unwrapped! channels I post over two hours of free vlogs per week, so that absolutely anyone can watch regardless of their financial status. My lovely patrons receive one extra half hour (ish) video per week, which consists of extra weekly footage, interviews with people in the house, or more in-depth discussions of things that are happening in the chateau. They’re a little extra for the patrons who are enabling the employment of Ian, Matt, Dan, Selmar and Kirsty. Please rest assured that no one needs to be a patron to follow the story of life at Lalande, all major events are shown on the free vlogs and that will not change.

Michele Bourke
2 hours ago
claudine.....within your "essay" are adjectives n phrases which give insight into your state of mind. best to not be projecting that onto others who don;t care how you think anyway. keep your "foibles" to yourself. "opening one's mouth ....." n all that.
Stephanie is not done with it : That's what another poster answered to Stephanie's response to the first post :

Paula Dr
Paula Dr
30 minutes ago
@The Chateau Diaries Dear Stephanie, you chose to place ads on your YouTube videos, therefore, technically, they are not ‘free vlogs’.

• Heart
  • Haha

Heathcliffe

VIP Member
I for one definitely thought that PJ is gay. But then I thought about his age and my daughter is his age and all her friends and so many of them I say at least 30% of them are bi. With this more enlightened generation. I think def SJ is over Selmar. Did you notice how she was kind of rude about the trees in a way like I don’t want these down you could take these down but I want to leave these after he said he wanted to remove them they weren’t great trees and he wanted to put his van there.
Yes. She was definitely showing him that she decides what is done and what is not. I suspect Tomaz's tendency to make decisions without asking her made her annoyed. Now Selmar knows that his dreams of being part of Lalande is over. He looked distinctly uncomfortable, she even told him to not feed the animals there ... He's had his use. She sort of sounded a bit amused by his plans of Medeval parties too...they were not on the same team anymore, that was clear.

• Heart

Balmoral

Convo: Davey: " this family heirloom of great, great, great, granny's jug and bowl has been kept in pristine condition during war, floods and famine but I would like for you to have it ". SJ: " Wow, thanks, Davey. Let me chuck it on a 5 euro, completely unstable outdoor tin table where it can be elbowed off in five minutes. Of course, it could go on top of the vanity but then I would have to remove my parhfect, beautiful, dusty, useless ostrich feathers. "

• Haha

Gibson

VIP Member
The fabulous famous movie 🎥

Single white female

Springs to mind FRK has not one sintella of intelligence to rub together

Other than copy - regurgitate
And repeat 🔁

She’s the original pesticide known to women of the world 🌎

Copying is Not the sincerest form of flattery

It’s jealousy
In
It’s
Purest
Form 😈

He has continually come across as nothing

But a prick with ears 👂

I actually cannot abide him
My parents
My chateau
My show
My opinion

Wish he’d just Rev up and f*** off

Arrogant pup 🐶
My observations are that:
Marie has tried to emulate Steph's vlogging style when she tries to look at the camera. A flash of the eyes and a smile when emphasising words. Sadly, she cannot hold that for long and hasn't the vocabulary or sense not to drone on.
Secondly, dress wise. We often made comment in earlier vlogs that Marie noticeably went bra-less. Now it seems that she also wishes to go sans undwear completely.
So, less is more when talking. Less is not more when wearing clothes. After all it is a flower vlog, not an episode from lady Chatterly's lover. I sincerely hope we are not subjected to daisy's in the crotch shots!

The Bordeaux vlogs. I agree that Ed's attitude is not good towards Anna. She strikes me as an intelligent, hardworking woman but is also nervous and anxious to please. If they did set it up as a joke, it is in poor taste and gives the wrong impression as it seems one sided and unbalanced. His parents seems lovely and I thought Ed seemed nervous himself. I am not sure that this comes easily to them and I expect they will heave a sigh of relief when the weddings are back on and vlogging will wane. I am impressed by the work ethic, but not by their banter.

On the Dear Brenda opinion. Lifted the vlog straight from here! If we hadn't discussed neither would she. It may have been poor quality but it showed a lot. I do think she needs to remove her rose tinted glasses and realises that discerning punters have eyes and standards. We will vote with our feet and discuss.
Saint Steph is not loving and giving, she is loving(all and sundry) and taking. The excuse of sharing a vlog is caring is quite frankly a load of rubbish. They are off on freebie weekends under the pretext of work. Snorting and cackling their way round France during a pandemic is not our idea of fun.

• Heart

Kickintheass

VIP Member
Look at what You Tube suggested to me !

A weekend at Lalande by some volunteers last autumn... I thought they had no volunteers anymore ?

PS : Any english speakers to confirm what she says at the beginning of her video about a diner(for 14 people) being cooked by themselves just when they arrived ??

Did you spot that the NZ lady is wearing a different colour way of the same dress SJ was wearing in the latest vlog?
How on earth could you dare to ask volunteers to prepare an evening meal for 14 with all their allergies within two hours of arriving in Lala land (especially when they had said their skill was furniture restoration).

• Haha
  • Wow

FrenchGirl123

Chatty Member
personally, no way I’d cook for 14 asshats, just no possible f*cking way-that sh*t is some twisted hazing
It's against all rules of hospitality. I've always seen meals ready for the travelers waiting for them + a good night rest before starting anything (work or holidays).
That was appalling. But I don't think the Lalanders are aware of what they've done.

TBH I think I would not have accepted and stayed there and would have left (even sleeping for the night in the van they rented if Lalande was not happy with my reaction).
Shocking.

• Heart

Jikki2

Chatty Member
SSB. Well they will be used a lot here
We haven’t got many sets .. complete sets of crystal 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢
This is so :sick:
She's such a hoarder and she's detached from reality.
Most people would fix their home first instead of hoarding crystal.
Most people are content with just one set of crystal.
Hell, most people don't even have that one set of crystal.

• Heart

Gibson

VIP Member
some thoughts on Marie
we do not like the flowers we see
we do not like them in a wine box
even if she added lots of phlox
we do not want hear her tales of sadness
we can not stand her overall blandness
not all chateau inhabitants are meant to Vlog
we’d be rather pleased to watch one with Milre’s dog
maybe instead of begging on YouTube for folks to send her money
with her tales of being bulled by Tattlers who are funny
she should re-examine grifting away her years
and find a career which doesn’t aggravate all her fears
however, we shall not tell her what to do
because she’s actually duplicitous enough to say ‘fuck you’
The floral fairy who turned Grinch
Would kill all the flowers she pinched
She stole in the night
And gave us a fright
Those dead old blooms
We're such a sight
Moving from rooms
She projected her glooms
She spun us a tale of woe
The moral of this
Is she's taking the piss
So patrons far and near
Please keep hold of your gear
She will lift you of cash
To fund her car crash
It's all a joke
And you will end up broke

That's all I can think of and no emoji is near,
Paid a small homage to Mermaid 🧜‍♀️
Who we all hold dear.

The end. 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

Madame No

VIP Member
That bed crown - she mentioned the fabric was 200 years old. Did she mean the actual fabric or the print? Regardless, dome dry cleaning sutely needed before sleeping under that pink puff and aunty's curtains.
Folding of material stopped as we need to cut more cardboard - can you send some?
Can any technoligically advanced Tattlers zoom in on Kat's list?
Folding fabrics is not the best way to store them. They should be opened flat and rolled on a tube to prevent the fold crease from fading and leaving a permanent mark. Silks and particular colors, such as purple, are particularly susceptible to fading. Of course, doing things the proper way is silly and a time waster.

• Wow

Parrfect Porcelane

Very true...
One of my posts got nearly all (3/4?) puke faces and angry faces and barely any likes and hearts...
So hmmmm... :unsure: :LOL::ROFLMAO:🤷‍♀️
I only use the barf and angry faces if that's how I feel about whatever La Lande resident's behaviors are discussed in the post. If I don't like what someone posts I usually just scroll past.

• Heart

Heathcliffe

VIP Member
Thank you for not judging Norwegians by her---your posts make me laugh when I read them--I think you are just great....
My colleagues would flip if they knew I frequented a gossip site about a French Chateau...I would get sent to an asylum. They would probably not believe it though. Even my wife does not know. Perhaps I am having a midlife crisis? This must be the least likely hobby anyone could think of me having! Hah ha, thank you for the compliment, many here would tell you not to make my head any bigger! :ROFLMAO: 🍸 I do enjoy Tattle (y)

• Haha
  • Heart

Milre

VIP Member
When you have builders in your place...you have to be there all the time..just to keep up with things done..Dan his vlogs show the place is empty. nothing is done...she shows her travelvlogs to gain time..and to get the attention off her own renovations..and all those patreons dont see it..or dont want to see it..All too happy to finally find a family they belong too...very disturbing...our Fan Flash surely knows how to play..and fool.... her followers..
So true, you have to show up in the morning to tell them what you expect, then for lunch to check what was done and what problems occurred (there are always some) and in the evening to threaten them that you won't pay if they don't finish it properly. If you are lucky they even clean up after themselves.
Steph shows up at noon half naked and disturbs them, gives compliments for nothing to announce that she will be away another week.

• Heart
  • Haha