The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It amazes me to read the comments from the American fans.
Now they all believe that the Christmas cake Stephanie made in her latest vlog is a French cake for a French tradition.
It's a fact that Stephanie never explains in her vlogs that she cooks mostly British meals/dishes etc.
She did actually explicitly say that the cake recipe was from a Delia Smith cookbook. Anyone can then look that up and see its English.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
Another great episode of the hot georgian cooking. however, we did just make our first appearance on the channel! when sj takes isabelle a cheese thing in bed, isobel is without a doubt reading tattle!! around the 21 minute mark :eek: :eek:
It certainly looks like Tattle doesn’t it? Who has the pale green, white ‘L’ pic? Of course Isobel could be perusing any of the other threads on Tattle but let’s go with monitoring this thread, all the way!

We need a code-word, phrase or action for a Lalande ‘cast member’ to utter or do so that we know they are reading us. Suggestions? Something like place one plate upside-down on a table setting . . .

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Isn't Mary Poppins a local French lady that helps with the cleaning and in the garden?

I think Marie thought her return to Lalande would be like her first visit and didn't really think it through properly. She knew what she was getting into as she said numerous times before leaving England that she was cooking for the chateau primarily and then doing flowers and that she was in the stables. Then she got there and seemed put out to be catering all the time and not impressed with the stable!!
Also probably she started reading tattle. 😁 If suddenly people are not only amazed by everything you put in a vase you start to doubt yourself. She probably realised too how much work it is to create videos.

Another great episode of the hot georgian cooking. however, we did just make our first appearance on the channel! when sj takes isabelle a cheese thing in bed, isobel is without a doubt reading tattle!! around the 21 minute mark :eek: :eek:
Aaaaah... that's why she was so sweet with her. Just read the part about her not being la parfait maman

It certainly looks like Tattle doesn’t it? Who has the pale green, white ‘L’ pic? Of course Isobel could be perusing any of the other threads on Tattle but let’s go with monitoring this thread, all the way!

We need a code-word, phrase or action for a Lalande ‘cast member’ to utter or do so that we know they are reading us. Suggestions? Something like place one plate upside-down on a table setting . . .
What about "wear something yellow in next video"

Cue the new KitchenAid being ordered...wonder how many will arrive? I’m going to say 7 and all yellow of course!
Also some fancy dyson dryers☺

Yesterday: Cat was in a good mood, Marie looking sour again. And why did SJ expose the baron? Also half of the crew didn't seem to be invited to the party the way the looked.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm finding it hard to keep up with this thread - I take my eye off it for an hour and there are about 20 new pages to read - a lot of them about brown sugar :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
One fan, Two fans, Red fan, Blue fan.
Black fan, Blue fan, Old fan, New fan

This one has a little Page.
This one has a little wage.
Say! What a lot of fan outrage.

Yes. Some are crazy, and some are sane.
Some are fancy and some are plain.

Some are sad, and some are glad,
And some are very, very bad.
Why are they sad and glad and bad?
I do not know, go email Lalande.

Some are admins, some just follow.
The admin one is a bit hollow.

From there to here,
From here to there,
Funny fans are everywhere.

Here are some who like to run.
They run silly polls, just for fun.

Oh me! Oh my! Oh me! Oh my!
What a lot of ‘craic’ goes awry.

Some give five bucks, some give four.
Some give many gifts, some give more.
Why do they give? I can’t say.
But I bet they all want to come and stay.

We see them fawn, we see them defend.
Some are real. Some pretend.
Some have the card that Stephanie penned.

Not one of them is really ‘OFFICIAL’.
Don’t ask us why, it’s superficial.

(with apologies to Dr. Seuss)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
[/QUOTE]
She did actually explicitly say that the cake recipe was from a Delia Smith cookbook. Anyone can then look that up and see its English.
But NOBODY does it!
And who does know who Delia Something is except...the Brits ? When watching a video, most of the viewers don't catch the names they don't know.
Really... She didn't explain what was this cake. Plain and simple.
Hence the comments from the American fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Happy to do it if you have good content on your YouTube!

Anyway, glad to see childfree people on here! I thought I stumbled upon some mummy blog gossip page??? Rather than that of a lady who vlogs about her carefree chateau life without any inclination towards wanting children.

The comments on the Patreon page are quite sickeningly sweet so can only imagine the fawning that would occur if it happens. Unfortunately, no interest in travelling just to visit the Chateau to give spy reports even if the meet-up happens!
This made my day .... am thinking of a new career as International YouTube Blonde B(V)logger with Free Money Income ! 💰 💰 💰 - although I have a feeling it’s harder than it looks ....
I may join her lowest Patreon tier just to read there as I can only imagine how sycophantic comments are. I’ve never been in any forum or fan club before & I’m both stunned and amused by the high-quality, clever, funny articulates who make up this page with wonderful information, bon mots, puns and poems. Thank you everyone 🙇‍♀️ 🙇‍♀️ 🙇‍♀️

Reactions: 12
Thats the best i can get without photoshop. @Takeaway your original post. we laughed hard at that in this house. (was b4 i was member). Good ole Brenda Gibbons, she is comedy gold

View attachment 320786
That's why France ha shigh numbers of covid:they still haven't realised that everyone has to wear a mask

But NOBODY does it!
And who does know who Delia Something is except...the Brits ? When watching a video, most of the viewers don't catch the names they don't know.
[/QUOTE]
What else can it be if she makes a cake in November with alcohol in it calling it Christmas cake? 😂🎄

Yeah, Smith doesn't sound very French to me, either

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
That's why France ha shigh numbers of covid:they still haven't realised that everyone has to wear a mask

But NOBODY does it!
What else can it be if she makes a cake in November with alcohol in it calling it Christmas cake? 😂🎄

Yeah, Smith doesn't sound very French to me, either
[/QUOTE]
You would be very surprised to see all the "French" cookbooks written by British authors.

Well...ask the American fans. Not me.

PS I prefer not to answer your comment about France and masks.
I don't want to start another war France against European coalition (to be nice).
It's not the purpose of this forum.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

I can hardly imagine 80 yrs old lady reading a thread about something else on tattle ...
I think I was onto something by my posts about possible infiltration bc many profiles for this thread appeared in october and then I read on the fist thread that this thread appeared in the comments of YT video and someone with SJ nick commented on 1 Oct, so by assumption they already infiltrated around that time

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I can hardly imagine 80 yrs old lady reading a thread about something else on tattle ...
I think I was onto something by my posts about possible infiltration bc many profiles for this thread appeared in october and then I read on the fist thread that this thread appeared in the comments of YT video and someone with SJ nick commented on 1 Oct, so by assumption they already infiltrated around that time
June’s Tattle Journey well underway 🕵️‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ve never been in any forum or fan club before & I’m both stunned and amused by t he high-quality, clever, funny articulates who make up this page with wonderful information, bon mots, puns and poems. Thank you everyone 🙇‍♀️ 🙇‍♀️ 🙇‍♀️
[/QUOTE]

@frenchessence. Me neither and this has provided me with hours of entertainment as well as reassurance that I’m not alone in some of my reactions to all things château.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Couple of observations from the cheese boat episode (gave me indigestion just watching that amount of cheese eaten so late at night😮)
-How cross did Maries ‘onion‘ chopping sound at the start of the vlog!
-I noticed there was now a tea towel divide on the kitchen table compared to the previous Georgian food vlog. Boundaries, boundaries!
-Marie probably miffed as both of the dishes Levan cooked she can’t eat😟

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
@ChrissyNH &
@frenchessence me neither & this has made me so happy, all the threads are so interesting & I love it. Theres so many of us now it takes ages to catch up 👍 There’s always someone intelligent & witty on here. I too thought the sugary comments on Facebook & the YouTube comments were ridiculous. I was flicking through my phone a few weeks ago waiting outside the local Chinese Takeaway & put Stephanies name into google to look at her blog & up flashed this site. I didn’t know such places existed & I have been hooked ever since. (That’s why my name is Takeaway, not very classy like yours but it’s all I could think of as I was desperate to read all your posts 🙏) thanks to everyone on here it’s a brilliant site 😍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I think we have to accept that SJ as a demi-Brit living abroad that she is going to take a lot of ‘home’ with her. It’s not a rebuff of French life it’s just what she’s used to, the familiar, even though she’s lived there for many years. I know this is going to get flack but I lived on the other side of the world for a very long time and every Christmas Day the oven would go on and we would stand and sweat in our shorts cooking a full Christmas dinner in 30 degree heat. The vlogs don’t pretend to be how to live life the French way, we just voluntarily watch SJ live life her way (warts and all) and then dissect everything in minutiae😀

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.