The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
termomix is the answer here, I am positive, I also have a friend who doesn't know how to cook but she wants to, so termomix cooks for her she just puts precisely what the termomix tells her - to me this is strange but why not if you don't know how to otherwise

I've seen her cook with the goat and Georgian guy and once she mentioned that she will replace some alcohol in that Xms cake so you see , it is a progress ;)

I know the Americans are very hmm unworldly but honestly it would not occur to me that one has to explain that this cake is British and that one is not, well, sometimes even I am naive
Without wanting to start a thermomix debate (there are millions of threads discussing pro and cons):you can be a proper cook and use thermomix. It can be a very helpful tool even in a professional kitchen especially when you cook for bigger groups. Just because we don't see her using it more often it doesn't mean she uses it only for weighing.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I find it gas (Irish slang - hilarious) that Brenda is running a campaign to get TCD to 100k subscribers on YouTube. The channel is growing at its usual pace and is bound to get to 100k in the next week or so, but we'll just wait for the celebratory - 'WE did it - congratulations all a powerful community we are!'. Nothing to do with the fact that it's been continually and consistency growing with consistent content.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Thank you Mojo , I thought it was just me that was getting really fed up of this pseudo intellectual psycho babble on this thread IMO.
Which pseudo intellectual psycho babble? 🤔🤔 Did I miss something?

She has the friend who lives in Scotland who married one of Nic's friends who they visit together once a year. She is godmother to her child. Also she replied to a comment re Ruth in an earlier vlog Ruth was a friend of hers. Michael met her through SJ. Once again can't believe I remember that.
She might have more but they are camera shy or just don't want to be mentioned at all in public. If my friend would become so famous I certainly wouldn't want to be a part of it at all. SJ for sure has a life next to the camera and her chanel we don't get to know and won't ever get to know.

My friend made a similar point about Stephanie’s lack of female friends. It’s very strange that someone who is so bubbly doesn’t have any female friends. The volunteers don’t count. It’s very strange and maybe offers a little insight into what she’s like when the cameras aren’t rolling.
You would be mad to appear next to SJ on camera and expose yourself to the world as a female friend. Or rather self confident😂 See what happend to Ruth. She for sure regretted to ever have shown up there.

Or, maybe the locals know what's coming.............
Every patron (not just the higher tier donors) will receive - to quote SJ - "An annual invitation to a Summer Open Day at the Chateau de Lalande to see the progress of the renovations and to meet with me and the rest of the Lalande team". It is one of the benefits she offers. Covid, of course, put paid to it this year, but next year - ???
At present there are 2325 patrons. Obviously, not all will want to, or be able to go. But those that do will probably all want to bring their partner/friend/carer/probation officer with them, so it is more than likely to be a significant number turning up at the door, roughing up the pink gravel.
To my shame, my first thought when I found this out was: Souvenir Hunters! Lock up anything small and portable (although maybe this would be an ideal way to get rid of some of those tacky gifts).
My next thought (being ever practical) was: so many people, so few loos (better get cracking Selmar).
And then: SJ couldn't possibly play good hostess without, at the very least, bubbly and nibbles (going to need a bigger table Marie).
Also: whatever will the locals think if hundreds of superfans turn up at once? No doubt Mrs Gibbons will be offering bespoke coach tours for the chosen few.
I'm sure you will all have other takes on this, but I think it is asking for trouble.
They will all need accommodation so good for local business. SJ is inviting them to the summer party, nothing else. You will have to RSVP to help her organizing it. But how you get there and where you stay is your problem. If there are too many for a day, she will have just another day

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I wish someone would give me free money :)
Happy to do it if you have good content on your YouTube!

Anyway, glad to see childfree people on here! I thought I stumbled upon some mummy blog gossip page??? Rather than that of a lady who vlogs about her carefree chateau life without any inclination towards wanting children.

The comments on the Patreon page are quite sickeningly sweet so can only imagine the fawning that would occur if it happens. Unfortunately, no interest in travelling just to visit the Chateau to give spy reports even if the meet-up happens!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I agree I am never interested in anything about kids if the kids are younger than my kid right now. But would be fun to see her pushing the stroller over the gravel when going for the daily walk with the baby😘😉😊😂
Ha! The idea of stephanie going on a daily walk or getting out of bed before noon!! She made the right decision. Unless she procreates with Princess Philip! 🤣

• Haha
I am American and my family celebrates Christmas with a buche de noel every year. Sticky pudding yes please- Christmas pudding no thank you.

Its easy enough to Sherlock Holmes the tit out of agendas, realistically present or internet interpreted. But i am here for my own entertainment and believe the same is true for many here. Its s good diversion from real life agendas and drama.

I found this because I was curious about what planet Selmar came from and disbelief over the shear tonnage of gifts. Now my ads are constantly directed to Faber Castell pencil sets and Thermomix. LOTL has upgraded me ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 18
SJs Thermomix gets more use than some of my kitchen gadgets. Shes used it a lot when she’s got b&b guests or events. That to me seemed one of her more sensible purchases.

Reactions: 4
re termomix, I remember how surprised I was when she bought it bc it is expensive AF and when you have a BB or restaurant you try to do stuff from scratch and exactly this thing is to weight stuff predominantly, the same goes for smeg appliances for Isabel's apartment etc, and than again she was struggling previous years - no wonder if you ask me ...
Struggling to be on vacation for half the year!

Reactions: 1
Correct songbirds are eaten across Italy and france.
Only in South of France, , Provence.
In Italy too ? I didn't know. That explains. It is said to be a Roman tradition. Provence was a Roman provincia (hence the name Provence).
Interesting.

If I was in her situation of having people from around the world sharing their culinary culture in my kitchen I would be integrating new found recipes and skills into the menu, just for myself let alone anyone else.
But hey, that's just me - we all have our different passions in life.

SJ tends to refer to Delia Smith and the BBC good food guide (which is pants btw. Often the recipes there are poorly put together and give poor results) She never seems to cross reference, develop and explore her own recipes. Probably why she bought the Thermomix. Blimey O'riley, that's an expensive bit of kit just to weigh and mix ingredients. It doesn't cook the food or even wash the dishes :LOL:
I for one would NOT be interested in a La Lande cookbook. Dana K would be much better at this.

side note .. The Georgian Sunday vlog - she seemed to snatch the dumpling and proceed to fold it in a way that came across as I can do anything but she hadn't observed and took on board the way the dough needed to be centralised and how to tuck the folds by placing your thumb behind whilst turning it to create an enclosed tight parcel. It's the same technique that is used across Asia and would have been used in her kitchen when some of her volunteers made the 'worlds biggest dumpling'.
Your first para reminds me of a friend who has had "woofer" (worldwide organic opportunities in farming) volunteers helping her out on her farm in Ireland for years. She always asks the woofers if they'd like to cook a meal or two representing their home country and write it down for her to transcribe into a collection of recipes from across the globe.

My pal has built up a collection of the most wonderful dishes - not just starters, main courses and puddings but cakes, bread, pickles, chutney, jam...the list is endless, and she uses the recipes a lot. She's had several volunteers from China and found the regional nuances in seasoning, etc fascinating.

Some of the Lalande volunteers do seem to cook food from home for all and sundry but who knows if the recipes become part of the repertoire. In some cases, one would hope not. Philip's pea risotto for one.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I have a Thermomix and couple of Smeg fridges. The Bimby (Thermomix) was bought when I lived in Portugal. I use it all the time. They’re seen as essential in Many European countries and I agree. I would never be without one now. It just makes life easier. The Smeg are just beautiful - I wanted one for years and bought my first when I got a generous commission for some freelance work a while back. I like SJ love a bit of maximalism and appreciate beautiful things. It’s hard to find a beautiful fridge and Smegs are the best of an un aesthetically pleasing essential item. I bet that’s why she has one. I loved mine that much I have the matching washing machine, kettle and toaster.

I also noticed SJ’s wonderful cooker. She probably didn’t need that La Cornue as she isn’t a great cook but it is soooo aesthetically pleasing she had no other choice! If I didn’t live in a Victorian terrace, I’d have one too!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Some of the Lalande volunteers do seem to cook food from home for all and sundry but who knows if the recipes become part of the repertoire. In some cases, one would hope not. Philip's pea risotto for one.
:sick:
Think that with this attempt at cooking, he freed himself from this task.
Clever !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I find it gas (Irish slang - hilarious) that Brenda is running a campaign to get TCD to 100k subscribers on YouTube. The channel is growing at its usual pace and is bound to get to 100k in the next week or so, but we'll just wait for the celebratory - 'WE did it - congratulations all a powerful community we are!'. Nothing to do with the fact that it's been continually and consistency growing with consistent content.
🦄🦄💚 thought the same myself when I saw the red post ....

The tide wouldn’t take donegal Brenda out
She’s some neck 🤣🦄🦄

Without wanting to start a thermomix debate (there are millions of threads discussing pro and cons):you can be a proper cook and use thermomix. It can be a very helpful tool even in a professional kitchen especially when you cook for bigger groups. Just because we don't see her using it more often it doesn't mean she uses it only for weighing.
Look, everyone knows the only thing you need in a kitchen is an AGA, preferably in pieces.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Does anyone else here not watch her Sundays at the Chateau? They seem more like commercials than anything else. I love her usual vlogs but I’ve had to stop watching Sundays as I just can’t seem to sit through them. Wondering if I’m alone in this?

Reactions: 3
Her kitchen is full of very expensive appliances. Her La Cornue range is easily 20K+. She's clearly into aesthetics more than practicality. The Smeg fridge is beautiful but it's actually not the best fridge out there for the price.

Reactions: 14
Her kitchen is full of very expensive appliances. Her La Cornue range is easily 20K+. She's clearly into aesthetics more than practicality. The Smeg fridge is beautiful but it's actually not the best fridge out there for the price.
my thoughts exactly, couldn't write it better

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.