The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
true, but still one can wonder without always getting feedback of those who don't want some kids that those asking are not "normal". That's irritating, too. Sorry for my bad English - there's a way to say it better๐Ÿ˜”. Nothing we discuss here is actually our business but we still do it.

You are right, some people better should not have became parents, but I feel SJ is not one of them. And those asking I guess just would like her to have the joys of becoming a mother. (and yes most of the time it is a joy๐Ÿ˜Š)
I'm a proud mother, and totally agree with you. Motherhood is also really boring to watch at this point in my life. I've done my time. At the risk of being accused of being a superfan, her appeal is that she doesn't have to deal with any of those trappings.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Absolutely. Maybe itโ€™s a personal reaction. Iโ€™m a woman who is intentionally child free. I donโ€™t hate children I just donโ€™t want them. The constant questions about when Iโ€™m going to have a baby really irritate me.

Perhaps having a child is a joy, personally I canโ€™t see how it is. I might be wrong but Iโ€™m not willing to risk an having unhappy child to find out if I am mistaken.
Itโ€™s really interesting having a different perspective though. Thanks
Also I can clearly see SJ being one of those woman having a child with 49๐Ÿ‘ถlots of content waiting for us๐Ÿ˜‚

It amazes me to read the comments from the American fans.
Now they all believe that the Christmas cake Stephanie made in her latest vlog is a French cake for a French tradition.
It seems that they have no idea of what is an English Christmas cake and only vaguely know what a fruitcake is.
Of course they have no idea of bรปche de Noรซl, the French traditional Christmas cake.
It's a fact that Stephanie never explains in her vlogs that she cooks mostly British meals/dishes etc.
The same way she doesn't explain why they celebrate Halloween or Thanksgiving which are not French traditions.
I mean it's OK to do what you want of course.
But when you have a vlog about a French chateau in France with a very large American audience who doesn't necessarily knows the difference between the European countries traditions, she could explain a bit more. IMO.
I believe she celebrates any holiday just for the sake of celebrating. There is always a reason to have a party

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
It amazes me to read the comments from the American fans.
Now they all believe that the Christmas cake Stephanie made in her latest vlog is a French cake for a French tradition.
It seems that they have no idea of what is an English Christmas cake and only vaguely know what a fruitcake is.
Of course they have no idea of bรปche de Noรซl, the French traditional Christmas cake.
It's a fact that Stephanie never explains in her vlogs that she cooks mostly British meals/dishes etc.
The same way she doesn't explain why they celebrate Halloween or Thanksgiving which are not French traditions.
I mean it's OK to do what you want of course.
But when you have a vlog about a French chateau in France with a very large American audience who doesn't necessarily knows the difference between the European countries traditions, she could explain a bit more. IMO.
I grew up thinking fruitcake was the most inedible thing ever. They might be trying to assimilate. I can't even.

Reactions: 2
I'm a proud mother, and totally agree with you. Motherhood is also really boring to watch at this point in my life. I've done my time. At the risk of being accused of being a superfan, her appeal is that she doesn't have to deal with any of those trappings.
I agree I am never interested in anything about kids if the kids are younger than my kid right now. But would be fun to see her pushing the stroller over the gravel when going for the daily walk with the baby๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I grew up thinking fruitcake was the most inedible thing ever. They might be trying to assimilate. I can't even.
The probleme is that's not a French cake. It's an English cake. The French hate it when they have to eat it. It's an acquired taste ๐Ÿ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I don't think she's addressed it ever, but my childless aunt is my personal favorite. People get so nosey about women having children, and in a weird knowing way. Like there must be something wrong. The timing was probably just wrong. Her dad died, and she was alone for awhile. Or maybe she's barren and we should write a fanfic.
I believe SJ and Potts were planning to get married and have a family in SA, I can't figure out a better explanation why her parents bought the house (close to Potts' family house) than they wanted to be close to their only child. Summers in France until the chateau was restored and sold, and winters in SA. But then her dad died and the house of cards collapsed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Absolutely something Americans are guilty of. :ROFLMAO:
My point is :
1. That's OK to celebrate what you want when you want.
2. When you have a vlog about your French chateau in France and a large American audience who doesn't know about European traditions, it would be nice to explain the cultural differences between the European countries.
Especially when you always cook British cakes / dishes and celebrate Anglo-Saxons traditions only.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I believe SJ and Potts were planning to get married and have a family in SA, I can't figure out a better explanation why her parents bought the house (close to Potts' family house) than they wanted to be close to their only child. Summers in France until the chateau was restored and sold and winters in SA. But then her dad died and the house of cards collapsed.
They rallied and became business partners. I've experienced friends like that on a small scale. Friends and exes helping when your dad dies. The rich people version looks like a lot more fun.

Reactions: 5
I've always felt weird about supporting SJ given how well off she is already. All the Patreon revenue and gifting are just subsidizing her lifestyle and she has expensive tastes. A part of me wishes she is more self-aware of her own privilege. She has been extremely lucky and even through her "hardships" she can always count on her parents or her friends to bail her out. But the charm of Lalande is how much it exists outside of the normal turbulences of life.

She works extremely hard on her vlogs so props to her for her YouTube success. I think she deserves every cent she earns through ads. The Patreon and gifting I feel more ambivalent towards.
I am a patreon and I pay my 5 Euro as a fee to see more of her content. That's all. That's what I used to spend whe I bought myself magazines to read on a train or in a cafe anyway. I guess she has so may patreons that it adds up and anyway that's is the idea behind patreon. She is among the first 1000 with the constant patreons or something like that. This speaks for her fan base and her content.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My point is :
1. That's OK to celebrate what you want when you want.
2. When you have a vlog about your French chateau in France and a large American audience who doesn't know about European traditions, it would be nice to explain the cultural differences between the European countries.
100% agree and the lack of interaction within the French communities is a real problem in that UK takeover. I tried to turn a friend onto this channel and he was not down. French Basque immigrant parents who are desperate to visit home watching bickering British couples in chateaus. There's a lot to unpack :ROFLMAO: His mother loved the channel though.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Christmas cake- love it BUT you need a great recipe and it does have to include brandy. Iโ€™ve seen the American version and it looks like mainly candied fruits held together with the tiniest amount of cake. Looked like it weighed a ton and tasted horrific so I can understand their interest.
Im surprised Isabelle and French granny that SJ used to spend soooo much time with didnโ€™t instil some tradition in her.

Children- not fussed in the slightest that SJ doesnโ€™t have any or why. Iโ€™m happily child-free and love itโค!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The probleme is that's not a French cake. The French hate it when they have to eat it. It's an acquired taste ๐Ÿ˜‚
One of my french friends was so revolted by the Christmas Pudding I served him once he thought I was trying to poison him!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
And if patreon money is going 100% to renovation which in turn benifits nic and potts. Even though all the efforts of patreon is Stephanie's. Nic and Micheal seeem to be essentially getting their house renovated for free. I am sure the 3 of them have an arrangement where nic and micheal pay stephanie some money as well.
I'm sure I've heard her say (early on) that in previous years (pre vlogs) the 3 of them topped up the b&b losses from personal accounts

Absolutely. Maybe itโ€™s a personal reaction. Iโ€™m a woman who is intentionally child free. I donโ€™t hate children I just donโ€™t want them. The constant questions about when Iโ€™m going to have a baby really irritate me.

Perhaps having a child is a joy, personally I canโ€™t see how it is. I might be wrong but Iโ€™m not willing to risk an having unhappy child to find out if I am mistaken.
Itโ€™s really interesting having a different perspective though. Thanks
the question for me didn't intend to impose any judgment but curiosity because I've heard her saying something about timing but I didn't see the Nutty interview so I wondered if it was addressed, there are different reasons why ppl don't have children sometimes it is a choice sometimes not.

Maybe the part about staying a child herself came across as judgmental, for me it was just assumption, it is her life at the end of the day

btw I don't do FB so I dont know where the Brenda saga is currently, I am only on the 21st page of the first thread - you guys write a lot and I am dying with laughter so I am slow on update but isn't Brenda the one who is protecting lalaland? thats why I understood so far but I am skipping brenda drama a lot. I saw here when I posted for the first time that someone said that she finished so now is she an enemy who sells lalaland's merch without consent?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Christmas cake- love it BUT you need a great recipe and it does have to include brandy.
I like spiced rum in my Christmas cake ;)

Personally I don't think its any of our business why SJ does not have children or anyone else for that matter. Life, as we know, is full of unexpected twists and turns. The best laid plans of mice and men ...
Debating with myself whether to write the next words but she did say them in a vlog ... Chateau De La Lande is her baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
normally you have a company and from that, you can pay yourself personal income or you get dividends, don't forget there are 3 investors who need to split the profit (if any)
Yes obviously that is how a company works. And she might be getting higher percentage of the profit because nic and mp dont actively run the bnb like how stephanie does. So yes her personal income includes her profit percentage of bnb, youtube revenue and london apt rent

They rallied and became business partners. I've experienced friends like that on a small scale. Friends and exes helping when your dad dies. The rich people version looks like a lot more fun.
Christmas cake- love it BUT you need a great recipe and it does have to include brandy. Iโ€™ve seen the American version and it looks like mainly candied fruits held together with the tiniest amount of cake. Looked like it weighed a ton and tasted horrific so I can understand their interest.
Im surprised Isabelle and French granny that SJ used to spend soooo much time with didnโ€™t instil some tradition in her.

Children- not fussed in the slightest that SJ doesnโ€™t have any or why. Iโ€™m happily child-free and love itโค!
But then remember:Isabelle is not a baker... And I guess also not a cook!

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Typical the one time in life
I could drink ๐Ÿธ up
A shower ๐Ÿšฟ

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐ŸšจBacktrack - cos itโ€™s annoying ...me ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจโญ๐Ÿšจ

This thread ๐Ÿงต initially was a friendly poke about .... a chat 0000

Lalande while flogging pulling smiles N stunts ....
that were a tad cheeky !!๐Ÿฆ„

Yet now it seems โ€œ thoughts ๐Ÿ’ญ or observations ....
are now a social experiment for a particular few or ... to be mused over and analyzed -

@sandro37 - your first posting came in so hot and heavy - I personally thought ๐Ÿ’ญ .... wow Brenda donโ€™t hide under a bushel ...๐Ÿค•

For a newbie ... you had a very entrenched View of LOTL - I thought nope .... big agenda here ...

Id observed on FB forums and as Iโ€™ve previously stated Lalande-Stephanie had a concerted PR campaign - to rid herself of DOnegal trotter since Wednesday last .....
right went your angst blew into town ......
Just an observation .....
to quote yourself
I like observing ppl watching their behavior .... interesting ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Caught up now on all the thread where opinions vary - not aggressive ect ect ...

still TO ME .. thereโ€™s an inside agenda from YOU ... ๐Ÿง๐Ÿคจ

derail any sign of poking fun at the chat ooo
as it SEEMS the concept is alien to you to slag off shown behaviors ๐Ÿ˜ž

The slagging off and concerns voiced here - got the attention of LOTL

Things changed - without been socially analyzed - with no uncertain amount of twisted angst ..... personally I just love observing...๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿฆ„
I must admit I don't understand 80% of your sentences. Maybe it's just me being German?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.