The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Few pages back there was some discussion, whether nati moved into nic's bedroom or above nic's bedroom... Nati just moved her office into the attic office which is directly above nic's bedroom.

Reactions: 5
the question for me didn't intend to impose any judgment but curiosity because I've heard her saying something about timing but I didn't see the Nutty interview so I wondered if it was addressed, there are different reasons why ppl don't have children sometimes it is a choice sometimes not.

Maybe the part about staying a child herself came across as judgmental, for me it was just assumption, it is her life at the end of the day

btw I don't do FB so I dont know where the Brenda saga is currently, I am only on the 21st page of the first thread - you guys write a lot and I am dying with laughter so I am slow on update but isn't Brenda the one who is protecting lalaland? thats why I understood so far but I am skipping brenda drama a lot. I saw here when I posted for the first time that someone said that she finished so now is she an enemy who sells lalaland's merch without consent?
Yeah, BG became obsessive. In the beginning she seemed to be a fan and supporter, but now it seems she has her own agenda. She claims to have direct contacts to the chateau but there is also prove otherwise. But that's all I know from the chats here

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Its not just stephanie.. All 3 of the owners of lalande dont have kids (biological)

Maybe its the" lalande curse" or blessings. However you look at it. 😜

• Haha
Maybe he was the one that was found flat out after sneaking into the alcohol storage room. (*Don't know where I got that from, must have been on here surely. I have the memory of it being directed towards Tomaz.)
He may also have some hoofing issues. I wouldn't be surprised given the party scene he was involved with when he in Manchester for 10 yrs. Just because he parties doesn't mean he definitely does, just saying I wouldn't be surprised. Face of an angel and all that ..
O,lol,being the face down drunk would be funny!

Yeah, BG became obsessive. In the beginning she seemed to be a fan and supporter, but now it seems she has her own agenda. She claims to have direct contacts to the chateau but there is also prove otherwise. But that's all I know from the chats here
She became over controlling about things.Really you can only post pics of peacocks n Spode now!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yes obviously that is how a company works. And she might be getting higher percentage of the profit because nic and mp dont actively run the bnb like how stephanie does. So yes her personal income includes her profit percentage of bnb, youtube revenue and london apt rent
she would get slaray for it not higher percentage, percentage is based on the your stake in the company (normally)
as far as I know originally she had 1/2 and now potty bought 10 perent if I am not mistaken or something like that

But then remember:Isabelle is not a baker... And I guess also not a cook!
it is quite possible that the father was the cook in the family and therefore SJ is cooking British meals predominantly

as someone said SJ made a pact with the devil by accepting such generous gifts and this is what everyone was afraid would happen

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Which most French people never eat. Except maybe in very particular parts of France and very occasionally.
Don't know where this tale comes from.
as a side note .. I watched a tv programme years ago with Jeremy Clarkson eating small birds with a group of people in France. They all had tea towels on their heads and ate the birds under that, bones and all. Twas very bizarre.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Its not just stephanie.. All 3 of the owners of lalande dont have kids (biological)

Maybe its the" lalande curse" or blessings. However you look at it. 😜
this boy is not Nic's son? hm I didn't know that

as a side note .. I watched a tv programme years ago with Jeremy Clarkson eating small birds with a group of people in France. They all had tea towels on their heads and ate the birds under that, bones and all. Twas very bizarre.
I saw this on Billions =]] it is apparently some delicate and I think it used to be illegal, the bird is called ortolan

I found the link btw would want to see that bird cooked either https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/04/real-story-about-the-illegal-ortolan-delicacy-eaten-on-billions.html

Last edited:
Regardless of Isabelles lack of baking prowess they should still have included French traditions, way of life etc in SJs life. Cake is an amazing building block of life but there are other things. I’m sure there are French traditions year round that she could ‘show and tell’ if only she’d been shown. Generally older folk, ie granny, are the font of all knowledge when it comes to tradition but if Isabelle isn’t bothered then it must pass down the female line sadly.
ps Love snails, loathe Christmas pudding🤢

Reactions: 8
Also I can clearly see SJ being one of those woman having a child with 49👶lots of content waiting for us😂
Just given my crystal ball a polish and it's telling me that we need another core module added to the University of La La Lande ...
Core Module - The Indispensable Life Experience of Maternal Ambivalence
Thesis Title - We don’t tend to ask parents why they choose to have kids, so why would we want to question non-parents’ motives

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
The probleme is that's not a French cake. It's an English cake. The French hate it when they have to eat it. It's an acquired taste 😂
Like Christmas pudding! My (French) mum never got over the disappointment when first presented with the famous British Christmas pudding.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
it is quite possible that the father was the cook in the family and therefore SJ is cooking British meals predominantly
If I was in her situation of having people from around the world sharing their culinary culture in my kitchen I would be integrating new found recipes and skills into the menu, just for myself let alone anyone else.
But hey, that's just me - we all have our different passions in life.

SJ tends to refer to Delia Smith and the BBC good food guide (which is pants btw. Often the recipes there are poorly put together and give poor results) She never seems to cross reference, develop and explore her own recipes. Probably why she bought the Thermomix. Blimey O'riley, that's an expensive bit of kit just to weigh and mix ingredients. It doesn't cook the food or even wash the dishes :LOL:
I for one would NOT be interested in a La Lande cookbook. Dana K would be much better at this.

side note .. The Georgian Sunday vlog - she seemed to snatch the dumpling and proceed to fold it in a way that came across as I can do anything but she hadn't observed and took on board the way the dough needed to be centralised and how to tuck the folds by placing your thumb behind whilst turning it to create an enclosed tight parcel. It's the same technique that is used across Asia and would have been used in her kitchen when some of her volunteers made the 'worlds biggest dumpling'.

If I was in her situation of having people from around the world sharing their culinary culture in my kitchen I would be integrating new found recipes and skills into the menu, just for myself let alone anyone else.
But hey, that's just me - we all have our different passions in life.

SJ tends to refer to Delia Smith and the BBC good food guide (which is pants btw. Often the recipes there are poorly put together and give poor results) She never seems to cross reference, develop and explore her own recipes. Probably why she bought the Thermomix. Blimey O'riley, that's an expensive bit of kit just to weigh and mix ingredients. It doesn't cook the food or even wash the dishes :LOL:
I for one would NOT be interested in a La Lande cookbook. Dana K would be much better at this.

side note .. The Georgian Sunday vlog - she seemed to snatch the dumpling and proceed to fold it in a way that came across as I can do anything but she hadn't observed and took on board the way the dough needed to be centralised and how to tuck the folds by placing your thumb behind whilst turning it to create an enclosed tight parcel. It's the same technique that is used across Asia and would have been used in her kitchen when some of her volunteers made the 'worlds biggest dumpling'.
termomix is the answer here, I am positive, I also have a friend who doesn't know how to cook but she wants to, so termomix cooks for her she just puts precisely what the termomix tells her - to me this is strange but why not if you don't know how to otherwise

I've seen her cook with the goat and Georgian guy and once she mentioned that she will replace some alcohol in that Xms cake so you see , it is a progress ;)

I know the Americans are very hmm unworldly but honestly it would not occur to me that one has to explain that this cake is British and that one is not, well, sometimes even I am naive

Reactions: 1
😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝

Typical the one time in life
I could drink 🍸 up
A shower 🚿

😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝💕💕💕💕

🚨🚨🚨Backtrack - cos it’s annoying ...me 🤣🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨⭐🚨

This thread 🧵 initially was a friendly poke about .... a chat 0000

Lalande while flogging pulling smiles N stunts ....
that were a tad cheeky !!🦄

Yet now it seems “ thoughts 💭 or observations ....
are now a social experiment for a particular few or ... to be mused over and analyzed -

@sandro37 - your first posting came in so hot and heavy - I personally thought 💭 .... wow Brenda don’t hide under a bushel ...🤕

For a newbie ... you had a very entrenched View of LOTL - I thought nope .... big agenda here ...

Id observed on FB forums and as I’ve previously stated Lalande-Stephanie had a concerted PR campaign - to rid herself of DOnegal trotter since Wednesday last .....
right went your angst blew into town ......
Just an observation .....
to quote yourself
I like observing ppl watching their behavior .... interesting 🙃

Caught up now on all the thread where opinions vary - not aggressive ect ect ...

still TO ME .. there’s an inside agenda from YOU ... 🧐🤨

derail any sign of poking fun at the chat ooo
as it SEEMS the concept is alien to you to slag off shown behaviors 😞

The slagging off and concerns voiced here - got the attention of LOTL

Things changed - without been socially analyzed - with no uncertain amount of twisted angst ..... personally I just love observing...🦄💚🦄
Thank you Mojo , I thought it was just me that was getting really fed up of this pseudo intellectual psycho babble on this thread IMO.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Once again, this "tradition' is from South of France, Provence. These birds are called ortolans and are seen as delicacies by Provence people.
The rest of France has never eaten this.

Just read it. Revolting....
Sd I said, it's a tradition from some part of South France. The rest of France has never eaten this.

re termomix, I remember how surprised I was when she bought it bc it is expensive AF and when you have a BB or restaurant you try to do stuff from scratch and exactly this thing is to weight stuff predominantly, the same goes for smeg appliances for Isabel's apartment etc, and than again she was struggling previous years - no wonder if you ask me ...

Reactions: 5
Once again, this "tradition' is from South of France, Provence. These birds are called ortolans and are seen as delicacies by Provence people.
The rest of France has never eaten this.

Sd I said, it's a tradition from some part of South France. The rest of France has never eaten this.
Banned for over 10 years now

re termomix, I remember how surprised I was when she bought it bc it is expensive AF and when you have a BB or restaurant you try to do stuff from scratch and exactly this thing is to weight stuff predominantly, the same goes for smeg appliances for Isabel's apartment etc, and than again she was struggling previous years - no wonder if you ask me ...
I've always been fascinated by her SMEG fridge in the kitchen.
A dream for many of us. Only a dream...

• Heart
anyway back to smeg fridges and alike
maybe I will read it somewhere in the previous threads but since I have you all here, can someone please explain to me this particular interior design taste

I don't mean to offend anyone but to me it is too kitch like, even the expensive pieces like Venetian mirrors, so far it seems that there are different uber-expensive pieces, collectibles all put together and it should somehow show how posh that place is, but to my defense I never understood neither English nor American colonial style
the same goes for Patricia Altschul's House in Charleston https://www.architecturaldigest.com...tschul-charleston-south-carolina-home-article - I just don't get it

someone mentioned maximalism - I love it, but even that one can be done tastefully (example ),
I get that most of this wallpaper was there before and it is some kind of traditional type

is it just me and my personal taste or I just don't understand the style?

I don't understand why certain colours are put together in that place
style wise I have more inclination to Gwen's castle (that is quite classical)

can someone who knows about this, please point out what type of style they are both?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
anyway back to smeg fridges and alike
maybe I will read it somewhere in the previous threads but since I have you all here, can someone please explain to me this particular interior design taste

I don't mean to offend anyone but to me it is too kitch like, even the expensive pieces like Venetian mirrors, so far it seems that there are different uber-expensive pieces, collectibles all put together and it should somehow show how posh that place is, but to my defense I never understood neither English nor American colonial style
the same goes for Patricia Altschul's House in Charleston https://www.architecturaldigest.com...tschul-charleston-south-carolina-home-article - I just don't get it

someone mentioned maximalism - I love it, but even that one can be done tastefully (example ),
I get that most of this wallpaper was there before and it is some kind of traditional type

is it just me and my personal taste or I just don't understand the style?

I don't understand why certain colours are put together in that place
style wise I have more inclination to Gwen's castle (that is quite classical)

can someone who knows about this, please point out what type of style they are both?
Re the fridge maybe she/parents/nic or mp had it in london.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.