Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

66carola

Chatty Member
the exes / coowners + somehow Olivier who has semi crush on her are as you say her friends - but at the end of the day they are not, she just knows them best and they
Why do you believe they are not real friends? Whatever you call them if people travel with their partners and friends to see me across Europe I would also think they are my friends. If they buy a chateau with me and come for Xmas anyway. I would be glad to have friends like her. I don't feel she uses them. They are free to decide if they show up in her videos.

Reactions: 14

ChrissyNH

I’ve never been in any forum or fan club before & I’m both stunned and amused by t he high-quality, clever, funny articulates who make up this page with wonderful information, bon mots, puns and poems. Thank you everyone πŸ™‡β€β™€οΈ πŸ™‡β€β™€οΈ πŸ™‡β€β™€οΈ
[/QUOTE]

@frenchessence. Me neither and this has provided me with hours of entertainment as well as reassurance that I’m not alone in some of my reactions to all things chΓ’teau.

• Heart

ChocLili

Another great episode of the hot georgian cooking. however, we did just make our first appearance on the channel! when sj takes isabelle a cheese thing in bed, isobel is without a doubt reading tattle!! around the 21 minute mark :eek: :eek:
It certainly looks like Tattle doesn’t it? Who has the pale green, white β€˜L’ pic? Of course Isobel could be perusing any of the other threads on Tattle but let’s go with monitoring this thread, all the way!

We need a code-word, phrase or action for a Lalande β€˜cast member’ to utter or do so that we know they are reading us. Suggestions? Something like place one plate upside-down on a table setting . . .

• Haha

arwensgal1975

VIP Member
I just took a peek over at dear Brenda's fan page. Boy she certainly thinks she's the spokesperson for everyone at Lalande. Now she's going on about how everyone misses the Scottman and that you can catch up with him on live chats or something along those lines. What is she their agent now? I for one don't miss him in the vlogs.

• Wow
  • Haha

frenchessence

Chatty Member
And poor Michael said in a Q&A that Stephanie is his best friend 😒
Oh dear ! That’s sad to read 😒 I’m not a fan of his vlog & don’t watch it but I did give him a mercy-like in the beginning when he used to appear with SJ in the Chateau Diaries. He seemed so clever & artistic . He was so gauche but trying hard to fit in (although he never really did) that it almost pulled my heart strings πŸ˜„

Yes! I wholeheartedly agree. I cannot understand why people willingly give an already wealthy person money to fund their private vanity project. There are so many more deserving causes.
Before I found this eloquent & educated group here πŸ˜‰ I merely had myself to ask this very same question. I Always enjoyed SJ’s vlogs (particularly those charming early ones) but when she set up Patreon I recall thinking, who on earth would give money to The Girl Who Has Everything ? I naively expected perhaps only a few ..... how wrong could I have been as the money has poured in . Although I’m not a Patreon, I can understand people giving $5 a month say, for access to extra content but to give this privileged, indulged woman even more (albeit supposedly for the chateau), continues to amaze me - even though I’m a big fan of LOTL 😍

I wish someone would give me free money :)

Last edited:
  • Haha

Fuzzypeg

😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝

Typical the one time in life
I could drink 🍸 up
A shower 🚿

πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

🚨🚨🚨Backtrack - cos it’s annoying ...me 🀣🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨⭐🚨

This thread 🧡 initially was a friendly poke about .... a chat 0000

Lalande while flogging pulling smiles N stunts ....
that were a tad cheeky !!πŸ¦„

Yet now it seems β€œ thoughts πŸ’­ or observations ....
are now a social experiment for a particular few or ... to be mused over and analyzed -

@sandro37 - your first posting came in so hot and heavy - I personally thought πŸ’­ .... wow Brenda don’t hide under a bushel ...πŸ€•

For a newbie ... you had a very entrenched View of LOTL - I thought nope .... big agenda here ...

Id observed on FB forums and as I’ve previously stated Lalande-Stephanie had a concerted PR campaign - to rid herself of DOnegal trotter since Wednesday last .....
right went your angst blew into town ......
Just an observation .....
to quote yourself
I like observing ppl watching their behavior .... interesting πŸ™ƒ

Caught up now on all the thread where opinions vary - not aggressive ect ect ...

still TO ME .. there’s an inside agenda from YOU ... 🧐🀨

derail any sign of poking fun at the chat ooo
as it SEEMS the concept is alien to you to slag off shown behaviors 😞

The slagging off and concerns voiced here - got the attention of LOTL

Things changed - without been socially analyzed - with no uncertain amount of twisted angst ..... personally I just love observing...πŸ¦„πŸ’šπŸ¦„
Thank you Mojo , I thought it was just me that was getting really fed up of this pseudo intellectual psycho babble on this thread IMO.

• Haha
  • Heart

MojoDublin

VIP Member
There was an old woman from donegal
She gifted a magical shawl
Inside was a surprise
It was all wrapped in lies
I'm not astounded at her gall

Brenda, she really is the gift that keeps giving. If anyone knows anyone who needs a case study point them in her direction :LOL:
The gift πŸ’ that keeps on giving

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart

Calvignac

Or, maybe the locals know what's coming.............
Every patron (not just the higher tier donors) will receive - to quote SJ - "An annual invitation to a Summer Open Day at the Chateau de Lalande to see the progress of the renovations and to meet with me and the rest of the Lalande team". It is one of the benefits she offers. Covid, of course, put paid to it this year, but next year - ???
At present there are 2325 patrons. Obviously, not all will want to, or be able to go. But those that do will probably all want to bring their partner/friend/carer/probation officer with them, so it is more than likely to be a significant number turning up at the door, roughing up the pink gravel.
To my shame, my first thought when I found this out was: Souvenir Hunters! Lock up anything small and portable (although maybe this would be an ideal way to get rid of some of those tacky gifts).
My next thought (being ever practical) was: so many people, so few loos (better get cracking Selmar).
And then: SJ couldn't possibly play good hostess without, at the very least, bubbly and nibbles (going to need a bigger table Marie).
Also: whatever will the locals think if hundreds of superfans turn up at once? No doubt Mrs Gibbons will be offering bespoke coach tours for the chosen few.
I'm sure you will all have other takes on this, but I think it is asking for trouble.
I read a comment on her latest vlog saying that they couldn't wait to come to Lalande and have their pajamas cocktails in the kitchen with Lalande family.
Madness.

• Haha

Calvignac

Yes,but if she films herself opening a can of tomato soup because she is saving up for the gravel it would be a completly different channel. Who would like to see it? Also champagne is not that expensive in France like in USAπŸ˜‚

It might be that the french are not interested in getting to know some foreigners. This is not Paris.
Sorry to say that champagne is very expensive in France too. Most French people don't drink champagne. At least, not the champagne they drink at Lalande.
French people are interested in foreigners living with them. Ask Dan the gardener and his wife.
They welcome and help them if these foreigners want to be part of their local community.
That doesn't seem the case of Lalande despite Isabelle being French.

What her accountant is saying, that without non-profit, she will end up paying ~50% taxes for the restoration, because there's VAT and other business taxes from purchases and work she needs to buy in addition to taxes on Patreon revenue.
Whatever. I give up.
She does have an association LOI 1901 now. (Non profit non taxable). Unless she wants to get everything for free (materials, working hours etc).
Not sure Stephanie is good in understanding French system, lake, taxes, internet and so on. Must be exhausting to work for her.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Minxxx

true, but still one can wonder without always getting feedback of those who don't want some kids that those asking are not "normal". That's irritating, too. Sorry for my bad English - there's a way to say it betterπŸ˜”. Nothing we discuss here is actually our business but we still do it.

You are right, some people better should not have became parents, but I feel SJ is not one of them. And those asking I guess just would like her to have the joys of becoming a mother. (and yes most of the time it is a joy😊)
Absolutely. Maybe it’s a personal reaction. I’m a woman who is intentionally child free. I don’t hate children I just don’t want them. The constant questions about when I’m going to have a baby really irritate me.

Perhaps having a child is a joy, personally I can’t see how it is. I might be wrong but I’m not willing to risk an having unhappy child to find out if I am mistaken.
It’s really interesting having a different perspective though. Thanks

Seeingitasitis

VIP Member
Yes! I wholeheartedly agree. I cannot understand why people willingly give an already wealthy person money to fund their private vanity project. There are so many more deserving causes.
I think most patreons only give a small amount in return for content - which is my motivation. It isn't really the poor giving to the rich as I really enjoy the patreon vids. What I give to charity is for altruistic reasons. I am sure there are very wealthy patreons who give because they can afford to fund SJ and really like her. Others may enjoy seeing the chateau renovated. And sadly, there are some, mentioning no names, who appear to have become patreons entirely for their own personal financial gain which is sad - but there will always be "hangers on"

My friend made a similar point about Stephanie’s lack of female friends. It’s very strange that someone who is so bubbly doesn’t have any female friends. The volunteers don’t count. It’s very strange and maybe offers a little insight into what she’s like when the cameras aren’t rolling.
Just because Stephanie does not seem to have female friends, it does not mean she does not have any. However, she seems to prefer male friends and many women do. I prefer female friends, My sister prefers male ones. Let's look at what she does have - loyal, long standing close male friends. A mother who does an enormous amount for her. Volunteers who seem to adore her. I actually think she has done very well. Some people do not have any friends, let alone a best friend. And if she is short of a loyal female friend, which I very much doubt, I will step in as I am sure would many others.

Last edited:

witchgrass

VIP Member
princess is soprano
we are still talking about the possibility of being a professional singer in a real opera right? not just decent sing but center stage signing?

now the princess

example of great modern voices - soprano and mezzo-soprano just for comparison

princess another attempt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omahFs3X78g

another soprano (personally not a fan, for me too flat but generally people love it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzNBeRkH9OY

princess again (btw termomix from11:37 for anyone interested :devilish:) singing from 17:16

lyric soprano (my preference - not that it matters) especially from 2:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBo7T8LEQ4Y

in my unprofessional opinion, these crystal voices with control are miles away from the chateau lalaland
to be fair, I've experienced horrid opera singers, long past their prime so everything is possible
I feel like this is comparing professional singers surrounded by nice recording equipment, and who practice daily, to a melodrama night at the coffeehouse with a Marshall amp where one of the singers made dinner for everyone. You aren't wrong, though. Those singers are definitely better than her.

• Heart
I know, once lock down is over she will be out of there for a break (I'm not judging that). And then all the patrons will descend and Scotman and Brenda and MP and Nick and MP2. Can you imagine. Now SJ and PP are doing advent series together. It's ridiculous how much this annoys me.
I noticed that all the letters now with the Giftgrabs say how much they are looking forward to visiting Lalalande next year. I’d be very worried that all these new β€˜friends’ are going to be popping in as soon as travel restrictions are lifted.

When the world knows where you live you need some boundaries

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
That's ridiculous! She has a nice life and regular holidays, but I don't see her as a lazy person at all. It's a lot of work to produce five videos a week, plus all the stuff behind the scenes. Running a B and B and hosting workshops is also work, as is dealing with an ever changing bunch of volunteers in recent years. Don't denigrate the admin work she did for her family business either. Millions of people wouldn't be deemed to do a 'proper days work' by your definition, but they keep the economy and society going in the roles they do perform.
The jury is out on this one. Since the start of her vlogs she has put across the lady of the manor persona and we have clearly seen her many times being asked by her mother to get up and get moving

• Heart
  • Haha

wintering

Her kitchen is full of very expensive appliances. Her La Cornue range is easily 20K+. She's clearly into aesthetics more than practicality. The Smeg fridge is beautiful but it's actually not the best fridge out there for the price.

66carola

Chatty Member
They rallied and became business partners. I've experienced friends like that on a small scale. Friends and exes helping when your dad dies. The rich people version looks like a lot more fun.
Christmas cake- love it BUT you need a great recipe and it does have to include brandy. I’ve seen the American version and it looks like mainly candied fruits held together with the tiniest amount of cake. Looked like it weighed a ton and tasted horrific so I can understand their interest.
Im surprised Isabelle and French granny that SJ used to spend soooo much time with didn’t instil some tradition in her.

Children- not fussed in the slightest that SJ doesn’t have any or why. I’m happily child-free and love it❀!
But then remember:Isabelle is not a baker... And I guess also not a cook!

😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝

Typical the one time in life
I could drink 🍸 up
A shower 🚿

πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

🚨🚨🚨Backtrack - cos it’s annoying ...me 🀣🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨⭐🚨

This thread 🧡 initially was a friendly poke about .... a chat 0000

Lalande while flogging pulling smiles N stunts ....
that were a tad cheeky !!πŸ¦„

Yet now it seems β€œ thoughts πŸ’­ or observations ....
are now a social experiment for a particular few or ... to be mused over and analyzed -

@sandro37 - your first posting came in so hot and heavy - I personally thought πŸ’­ .... wow Brenda don’t hide under a bushel ...πŸ€•

For a newbie ... you had a very entrenched View of LOTL - I thought nope .... big agenda here ...

Id observed on FB forums and as I’ve previously stated Lalande-Stephanie had a concerted PR campaign - to rid herself of DOnegal trotter since Wednesday last .....
right went your angst blew into town ......
Just an observation .....
to quote yourself
I like observing ppl watching their behavior .... interesting πŸ™ƒ

Caught up now on all the thread where opinions vary - not aggressive ect ect ...

still TO ME .. there’s an inside agenda from YOU ... 🧐🀨

derail any sign of poking fun at the chat ooo
as it SEEMS the concept is alien to you to slag off shown behaviors 😞

The slagging off and concerns voiced here - got the attention of LOTL

Things changed - without been socially analyzed - with no uncertain amount of twisted angst ..... personally I just love observing...πŸ¦„πŸ’šπŸ¦„
I must admit I don't understand 80% of your sentences. Maybe it's just me being German?

• Haha

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
something skipped me, the Georgian guy is gay? I don't think so, he was flirty flirty with Cat, but sure wasn't reactive towards high pitched laughter of SJ, actually, he doesn't pay her too much attention and she is so puzzled by it it is funny to watch.
I'll wager my bottom dollar he isn't.
He's known SJ for years. Suspect she is too high maintenance for him. He seems very earthy as does Kat.

• Heart