Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

66carola

Chatty Member
Noticed that Nic’s new bathroom has linoleum floor unlike the stone and tile floor in the longest bathroom reno in the history of France. So I really think the renovations are separate or at least the materials must be. We all know SJ isn’t putting lino around her copper tub!

Also, I make sure to avoid any of the YT Q&A Live videos because it is basically a telethon. One question asked and answered followed up by (use the Gift Grab OTT voice) thank you Brenda Gibbons (or any super fan name) for (insert ridiculous over the top amount) we are just overwhelmed by your generosity etc etc etc. Instant gratification versus waiting months for SJ to open and swoon over peacock broach.

Not sure if that is tracked with ad revenue but it all has to add up. She is really making bank.
Though the donations during livestreams are slowing down. And she hasn't done a live Q&A in a while. I guess because that one time it failed.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

sandro37

VIP Member
I feel like this is comparing professional singers surrounded by nice recording equipment, and who practice daily, to a melodrama night at the coffeehouse with a Marshall amp where one of the singers made dinner for everyone. You aren't wrong, though. Those singers are definitely better than her.
so lets establish what we are discussing, bc if it is professional career, this is how it looks like, angelic singing looks like lakme duo etc.
if we are talking about decent signers who also prepare dinners then she is definitely great with nice voice colour and so on
I believe that this is also a reason why she didnt pursue it further, nor got a role, but I don't know this for a fact, just guessing based on the above comparison, but who knows what was her voice when at school, I guess it was way better, but she has some bad habits (which influence singing) which I assume, she had already back then

princess again (btw termomix from11:37 for anyone interested :devilish:) singing from 17:16
somehow I didnt attach the link for above

Last edited:

MojoDublin

VIP Member
Was there a hint in SJs cake recipe........she mentioned there were no nuts so it was ok for Nic to eat(✔) but no mention of all the citrus in the mixed fruit mix so either P won’t be around at Christmas or she’s not bothered about catering to his allergy(✔)
Snap 💯✅✅✅✅✅

Methinks she might have a new video coming with MP .... June’s latest tragedy

Why would PP think 🤔
He could eat Christmas 🎄 cake

Je suits desolation.... it was his allergy non ??

LOTL is slippery than we give her credit for ✅💝😝😝😝🤕

• Haha

witchgrass

VIP Member
It amazes me to read the comments from the American fans.
Now they all believe that the Christmas cake Stephanie made in her latest vlog is a French cake for a French tradition.
It seems that they have no idea of what is an English Christmas cake and only vaguely know what a fruitcake is.
Of course they have no idea of bûche de Noël, the French traditional Christmas cake.
It's a fact that Stephanie never explains in her vlogs that she cooks mostly British meals/dishes etc.
The same way she doesn't explain why they celebrate Halloween or Thanksgiving which are not French traditions.
I mean it's OK to do what you want of course.
But when you have a vlog about a French chateau in France with a very large American audience who doesn't necessarily knows the difference between the European countries traditions, she could explain a bit more. IMO.
I grew up thinking fruitcake was the most inedible thing ever. They might be trying to assimilate. I can't even.

sandro37

VIP Member
No, it’s Danny, his boyfriend. The film student was Benjamin, with dark hair
olalaaaaa I got also confused, I thought that he maybe changed the hair colour, hmm all those middle aged Americans who just realized that by reading here :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: so many dreams and Spode porcelain shattered

• Haha

Nina Rose

Skills and abilities to run a chateau... Hmmmm a chateau is just that : a chateau, a bigger house if you prefer. It doesn't take skills and abilities to run a house. I grew up in a 17e century former huge convent in France. It was cold,, it was sometimes hard but my parents never thought they had skills and abilities to run their house. And they never thought it was "work" to renovate it as they had real jobs to fund it.
And I know a lot of people who have achieved more than Stephanie at 45.
As I say, we love her videos but we need to stay lucid about her. Otherwise we're no better than superfans.
BTW We do know the jobs she has done as from the very beginning, (when she was still answering on Facebook), she was clear about it : none except some administration for her parents.
I do think she needs to be giving more info about what's going on.We are helping with the restoration.

sandro37

VIP Member
storytime: when I was 20 I went to the USA to work and study, I worked at the gym and lived in my bosses house, she was also the Mater Guru of some weird made up a shady martial art (with cult-like followers and practices), she also had minions slaving (working most for free) for her, doing anything from jobs at her Gyms to rubbing her feet. My boss or one of the minions used to prepare coffee for the painting of her decreased Master Guru (there was a painting of this master in the living room and they put a cup with coffee underneath it every morning)
One day she decided that it is time for me to start making this coffee. The first time she asked, I pretended that I don't know how to make coffee bc I don't drink it. Once I realized that she wants me to do it every day - I left.

There is somewhere on the wide world web an article about her weird practices from some former member.
One day we might read something similar about Lalaland 😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha

66carola

Chatty Member
I wonder why she hasn't made a patreon interview with Marie yet? Even not with Micheal? She made one where Michael is interviewing her with the same questions she usually asks. So there was a opportunity to do it. Also Michael Potts/Ruth or Nick/Marie have to be done.

I won't start again explaining that she won't pay 50 % taxe on her Patreon Revenue. That's not the way French taxation works (it's graduated).
Her new French accountant (the same as Basmaignee) told her to set up a non profit non taxable association (LOI 1901) - very common in France for her type of project.
If she still saying this to her Patreons, I don't know why (or don't want to elaborate why she does it).
Because she has so many private other funds and assets that she WILL be taxed 50%?

lolander

VIP Member
I won't start again explaining that she won't pay 50 % taxe on her Patreon Revenue. That's not the way French taxation works (it's graduated).
Her new French accountant (the same as Basmaignee) told her to set up a non profit non taxable association (LOI 1901) - very common in France for her type of project.
If she still saying this to her Patreons, I don't know why (or don't want to elaborate why she does it).
What her accountant is saying, that without non-profit, she will end up paying ~50% taxes for the restoration, because there's VAT and other business taxes from purchases and work she needs to buy in addition to taxes on Patreon revenue.

Reactions: 1

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
btw laddette culture - this is very much what I was questioning about those miniskirted girls in high heels covered in aluminum foil dead drunk on the pavement in November, it seems to prevail into 2020
Been going on for years and is shameful. But to be fair when I was working in the US in the late 80's/early90's it was the Americans that had the binge drinking culture and all us Europeans were a bit astounded. Was very macho and very competitive.

66carola

Chatty Member
Well, that explains your seemingly intolerant attitude towards people with food allergies. Empirical.
As a side note .. For the past 9 yrs I've had to relearn how to cook after having to remove dairy and gluten from my diet. Yes, other people sure can be intolerant and have a dismissive attitude but I've always viewed it as a lacking within them rather than me causing them an irritant, and I have laughed at them for having a piss poor attitude. My mind, body and soul have never been so healthy. I love food, talking about food and exploring food. The change in diet has just taken me down a path of new experiences that I otherwise would not have engaged with, teff flour for instance. Family have to come to my table for Christmas dinner and if they weren't aware already they wouldn't know it was gluten free. I don't deprive them of dairy though, just keep it separate. I miss cheese and milk !! Soya ain't no substitute !!
? How can I have a intolerant attitude if I have allergies myself? And intolerance is not an allergy. I wanna see your friends eating food which can't contain nuts, citrus, dairy, histamin, nitrates, certain other fruits, and worst of all no tomatoes etc. I am sure they will see a difference at Xmas! And it is one think to talk about food when stating what you like and another when having to count the things you can't eat

Weird ?! It may be simply they can not live all together (work far from your family, small houses or even apartment, lack of money etc etc.
Not everyone lives in mansions and chateaux.
Weird... frankly !!
If you can afford 2 separate apartments for 2 families you can also afford one big apartment for all together. That's not a reason that families don't live together anymore. It is just another style of living which became common

66carola

Chatty Member
She said she never wanted an opera career and nowadays never chooses to listen to opera or any other music. She was pushed into training as a singer by Isabelle.

I agree the chateau is her Wendy House and also that she is best suited to more adult, educated, and cultured company. The current crop of volunteers are often fun but come across as p
Tone deaf Dear Brenda. Lengthy ‘explanation’ of her controversial vlogger poll. Mentions that Pethericks and Ryan didn’t want to be included then included them in her interim ‘results’. Holy Donegal!!
retty boring for conversation unless we are missing something.

I also think that covid and lockdowns have been the main spoilers this year. She had some interesting plans in the pipeline, and I think might have gone down a different path than frequent vlogs and cadeaux vlogs had she been both busier at home and away on history research visits.
This was just a passive aggressive "misunderstanding"

sandro37

VIP Member
If I was in her situation of having people from around the world sharing their culinary culture in my kitchen I would be integrating new found recipes and skills into the menu, just for myself let alone anyone else.
But hey, that's just me - we all have our different passions in life.

SJ tends to refer to Delia Smith and the BBC good food guide (which is pants btw. Often the recipes there are poorly put together and give poor results) She never seems to cross reference, develop and explore her own recipes. Probably why she bought the Thermomix. Blimey O'riley, that's an expensive bit of kit just to weigh and mix ingredients. It doesn't cook the food or even wash the dishes :LOL:
I for one would NOT be interested in a La Lande cookbook. Dana K would be much better at this.

side note .. The Georgian Sunday vlog - she seemed to snatch the dumpling and proceed to fold it in a way that came across as I can do anything but she hadn't observed and took on board the way the dough needed to be centralised and how to tuck the folds by placing your thumb behind whilst turning it to create an enclosed tight parcel. It's the same technique that is used across Asia and would have been used in her kitchen when some of her volunteers made the 'worlds biggest dumpling'.
termomix is the answer here, I am positive, I also have a friend who doesn't know how to cook but she wants to, so termomix cooks for her she just puts precisely what the termomix tells her - to me this is strange but why not if you don't know how to otherwise

I've seen her cook with the goat and Georgian guy and once she mentioned that she will replace some alcohol in that Xms cake so you see , it is a progress ;)

I know the Americans are very hmm unworldly but honestly it would not occur to me that one has to explain that this cake is British and that one is not, well, sometimes even I am naive