Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

66carola

Chatty Member
There was nothing aggressive or bitter about the original post. Actually we are very tame here, go over to guru gossip and that's something else. LOL!! I would never give anything valuable of mine to Lalande, I really hope she shuts down the gift giving vlogs, but she seems to be a hoarder so I doubt it anytime soon. I wonder if Michael's sudden popularity with this channel rubbed her the wrong way? I'm certain he brought a lot of views to her vlogs. I just took a look at his gofund me page and it's well over the limit by now and people are still donating.
She could have easily done a go fund me for the lake after she told the story how she was tricked to shut it down. By now she would have all the money in to bring it back.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

lolander

VIP Member
Only problem- No idea how much of that is real for her whole life or if we actually only see a small snippet of her reality.
CD and LOTL are brands. She needs to carefully think what fits into her brand and what kind of message she's sending. She's not lying, but we see a "curated" view.

MojoDublin

VIP Member
We're all adding years to our life by the laughter in this forum and I love it πŸ’– You get me @MojoDublin because our sense of humour is only separated by a little stretch of water View attachment 323712
I would rather have Daphne Guinness's' clothes and house in Cadaques πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
View attachment 323716 View attachment 323770
πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’β­β­β­β­β­πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

Priceless your simply priceless
πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’β­β­β­β­β­πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„

That's good to hear and exactly how I would wish things to be handled if I was ever filmed.
But in SJ's case I am not sure I understand how it can work logistically - having to check with so many people, showing them footage she has taken, getting their feedback and re-editing if someone objects. Is this why she always seems to be up against the wire timewise? Maybe, at the moment, with so few people around, it would not be too difficult. But what happens when she has a house full - workshops, workmen coming and going - or she films people as they are leaving the chateau (Ma P seemingly driving away in a huff is a case in point) - does she have to contact them all, send them the footage, and wait to hear back before she can finish her vlog? Just wondering - it's all new to me!

I've not been to her page for a while - just got fed up with all her shenanigans. But did you also notice her latest little scheme: she has set up a 'Secret Santa' service for all her lovely lalande fans. She has offered to match them up and arrange their exchange of gifts - as long as they send her their private details of course. Apparently she has 50 takers so far. I don't understand it. Nothing could ever persuade me to let this woman know where I live!!
Fine

I’ll admit .... I signed up
I Want to know an inside track

Yes I’m dumpster diving - but genuinely I want to see what the rest are all at or are they too ... sublimely curious

Might dumpster dive me opening the gift 🎁
Selfishly I want to see can ppl genuinely get excited for an agent mummy size apron
And seeds ,,,,🀭
I’ll get back to you πŸ€”

πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’β­β­β­β­β­πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

Priceless your simply priceless
πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’β­β­β­β­β­πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„

Fine

I’ll admit .... I signed up
I Want to know an inside track

Yes I’m dumpster diving - but genuinely I want to see what the rest are all at or are they too ... sublimely curious

Might dumpster dive me opening the gift 🎁
Selfishly I want to see can ppl genuinely get excited for an agent mummy size apron
And seeds ,,,,🀭
I’ll get back to you πŸ€”
P
At least our group here is growing, we need another thread soon! The chateau diaries #5 Hohoho
πŸ¦„πŸ™ŒπŸ¦„. @PeacockQueen named this one ☝

Multiple ppl have excelled here - delighted 😁 I found halerious ppl to have a gas β›½ time with
AGENT 5 is alive 🧡

Have to say @66carola .... HoHOHo
Is a zinger 🧡

Defo giving a glorious covid clap πŸ‘ to @Viva La Loca

Last edited:
  • Heart

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
No, it’s Danny, his boyfriend. The film student was Benjamin, with dark hair
And one look at pink haired boy in the back of the car was very telling. I would expect to find him on his knees for a mouthful whilst snorting back whatever he can.

I love this post, I learned something new =] it gives the binge drinking girls into perspective
Oh dear lord, don't get me started on the pathetic laddette culture of the late 1990's. Look at Zoe Ball and Fat Boy Slim for example.

• Haha

66carola

Chatty Member
Same here, think we've had similar experiences in our upbringing Calvignac. Totally agree with all you have said. I like being lucid. Keeping it real! before the rabbit hole consumes us all. Been watching the CD vlogs since they started because I like her kindness, joy and the way she handles her mother amongst other things.
TBH when it comes to getting on with practical tasks I totally respect the dark haired lady who was renovating her chateau on her own. She visited SJ with a friend once and chatted in the kitchen with hot water bottles. She was on ETTCDIY but there is no way I will remember her name. I think she has sold her chateau because I saw it listed this time last year when I was sofa (not bed :ROFLMAO:, still got up everyday :ROFLMAO:) bound with what we now know to be sars.

BTW folks, I'm from the UK and can see clearly what SJ is all about, warts and all. Went to school with many a girl like her and have worked with many women like her. Is that a bad thing? no, not at all, it's life experience.

Ok .. Lots of youtubers make money with lots of different content .. I don't understand the point you are making
But then I wouldn't consider your parents "normal" but rather extraordinary. Normal to me would be a 8 to 5 job with 2000 euro (or even less) bring home salary in Europe. Maybe paying of an apartment or little house. And I believe most of us had a little help from parents ;) SJ right now makes more money than average.

Tonights most entertaining story : Philip asked SJ for thongs instead of tong 29:55 forw tonights ep. when he was newly arrived at Lalande

• Haha

Calvignac

Their address puts them in zone 8 (USDA zone..I don’t know what’s used in France to designate climate zones) which means they have a year round growing season

From what I can see their climate is the same USDA zone as Portland Oregon, so they should be able to grow cool season vegetables from now until spring.
I come from the region near Berry. I can confirm that winters are too cold to grow anything before the spring.

MojoDublin

VIP Member
Been silently reading on this site and happy to see the funny/problematic/weird side of CD and SJ. Btw has anyone mentioned the very flirtatious conversations b/w Kat and Levan? Definitely something there. She was practically throwing herself on him. Still like her.
Fabulous thought it was just me
Kat was decidedly pink of face when checking out his rear view whilst his head was being singned in the oven covering his ass with the cardboard
With A giggle 🀭 she looked at camera πŸŽ₯ and stated ....

Hardly stop me from observing 😝😝😝

God I adore πŸ₯° kat

As for mamas June diary’s reading
Videos are 2 weeks behind ... no pun intended

Prince Philip of the nostril
Knew of his handle here .....
πŸ¦„πŸ’šπŸ¦„

sandro37

VIP Member
I've just finished watching over-exaggerated ovations for yet another apron and yet another scarf
with this, I am officially welcoming Agent Pileofallergies, Agents Aliceinwonderland and Agent Magpie,

the footage at the end was Gold - it was like from a hostage video :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: especially princess Philip, lord, he is supposed to be an actor but he cannot even fake-smile πŸ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Suzigoggs

Philip's ok as a cameraman except for the snorting, that's annoying!!
I get that. I think everyone watches through their own filter. Only children create their own families and they drag everyone along for the ride.

This is enlightening. Chateau Frantic is confirming that Billy and Gwendolyn are not married and Phil doesn't want to be. Around the 8 minute mark.

Keep off the roads when he’s around ! Freaking me out driving &talking into the camera !! Can’t watch 😩

• Heart

MojoDublin

VIP Member
I find it gas (Irish slang - hilarious) that Brenda is running a campaign to get TCD to 100k subscribers on YouTube. The channel is growing at its usual pace and is bound to get to 100k in the next week or so, but we'll just wait for the celebratory - 'WE did it - congratulations all a powerful community we are!'. Nothing to do with the fact that it's been continually and consistency growing with consistent content.
πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ’š thought the same myself when I saw the red post ....

The tide wouldn’t take donegal Brenda out
She’s some neck πŸ€£πŸ¦„πŸ¦„

Pansygirl

Chatty Member
@truthsayer Indeed I did and I wondered if the source of that mockery came from here ! It’s hard to believe that what’s here isn’t relayed / discussed at Lalande . Look, even Isabel appears to read us !

I agree with you - the looks and voice of an angel πŸ‘Ό

😁 πŸ‘ All true.
Thank you, and what impressed me is she seemed to just slot in at the appropriate moment without any/ much preparation at all! I do honestly feel she has real talent.

• Haha

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
Nati
Has a sting in her smile and a glance you’d cease all activities at forty paces .....😐
She would make a good teacher and is the right person then to be in charge of things in the absence of Isabelle. Go Nati !! Give the damp walls a good glance ;)

I am pretty sure SJ would not sell the chateau in the near future. Nic and Michael are unlikely to cashing in their chips, but if they do, SJ has first refusal anyway. More likely, they will unofficially close the B&B. The guests rarely feature unless they are chefs or have professional businesses. Therefore, it is more likely that privacy will be preserved by inviting only guests where there is real benefit - for example, the owner of The Woodsman would provide great content during a stay at the chateau and SJ would be able to visit his restaurant and home in return. Same with the guy with the restaurant in Amsterdam. The author of the children's book set at LaLande with beautiful rhyme and illustration would be a welcome guest as the proceeds from the book are going to a charity of DJ's choice and thus she is delighted to collaborate. These will be the sort of people whose company they will all enjoy and be useful contacts and extend their friend base. I suspect the workshops will be extended to provide variety and content. Volunteers will be needed to look after those people and provide vlog content themselves. The season for this will be short, as SJ will be travelling more with Oliver and privately and need the freedom to explore new business opportunities, and I am guessing they will be many. Brenda will not be in charge of merchandise. SJ will, I would have thought, should set up a "shop" at the chateau, full of exquisite gifts beautifully displayed in a newly renovated space. This will give the illusion that people are picking from the shelves and it is all being lovingly packed. In reality, the website can be classy and the merchandise does not need to go through the chateau. It can all be stored at Amazon warehouses and dispatched on order. SJ can continue at the chateau for the key festive dates for vlogging and enjoy other parties that do not need to have the camera present so that Nic does not have to wear the thin joke of a paper bag on this head and Antoine can enjoy Crot Crot without a prying lens. Patreons will be happy with tea and cake once or twice a year garden party. SJ has a great future and I am looking forward to seeing it all unfold.
She/They could start the finance of a new project by using the chateau as collateral

Last edited:
  • Heart

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
She is coming across increasingly childlike recently..... with all her "ooh flowers" schtick acting like she's never seen one before, like that time recently she made them stop the car so she could photograph flowers at the side of the road which were completely underwhelming and went on for far too long, and honestly her childlike wonderment on that walk was like she had just arrived on Earth from Mars.

It used to be endearing but sitting there clutching 6 straggly weeds and a mushroom and refusing to put them down to drink her champagne was a bit silly

Can't work out if she is genuinely obsessed with every single leaf and twig she catches sight of, or if its a bit faux "flower hippie" for her brand
SJ mentioned 'conflict' again. Perhaps its in reference to the current dynamics with MW.
I can't stand the way MW pronounces dahlias and how she doesn't explain things well, even her own inspiration. Could be a language thing of course. I certainly can't speak or understand Norwegian.
On a side note, MW's father was an alcoholic and in last years vlogs she made a point to stop drinking as well as going gluten free.
MW does get mocked by SJ and she doesn't like it. Whether that is a personal thing or a cultural difference, who knows. The British do tend to have a sarcastic, dry and piss taking sense of humour.

LOTL is not selling the house. Why bother to establish a non-profit for the house? If she would plan to sell, she would concentrate to solve the expensive structural problems, double-glaze all windows, repair the heating... and leave the decorating to the new owners. I can see Nic and Michael leaving in near future, B&B will be always fully booked by fans and they'll loose their privacy, the house will no longer be a private family retreat.
A lot of people sell their houses without sorting out the stuff that they should. Make it look pretty and sweep any issues under the carpet.
As to whether they will is a different matter.
I see the establishment of a non-profit as a good accountants move. Money, its all a game of chess.

Last edited:

MojoDublin

VIP Member
They've recently renovated the entrance hall/room, but it was also filmed for ettcdiy, she can't show any footage until its been aired on c4, I'm sure she's said there'd been something else done too but wouldn't say what until that had aired as well
ETTC -DIY is back nov 30th
Preview at end of last night ETTC πŸ˜πŸ™ŒπŸ˜πŸ™ŒπŸ’
Can’t wait 😊 I’ll spit fire if PP is featured
Stephane has MPotts finished bedsit 🀣 and the main hall

Well I got that really wrong about Levan and his friend Baron Friso. This from his facebook.
Sir
I salute you - kudos for the retraction

Side bar - kinda made me think πŸ€”
Then thought .... still a good rear view πŸŽ₯πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ¦„πŸ’šπŸ¦„

:LOL: :LOL: Yes, here is a link to F&M's antiseptic liquid View attachment 321373

and then you can seal the wound with this
View attachment 321377
I will buy you SEVERAL pints 🍻
U little beauty 😝😝😝😝

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Last edited:
  • Haha

66carola

Chatty Member
termomix is the answer here, I am positive, I also have a friend who doesn't know how to cook but she wants to, so termomix cooks for her she just puts precisely what the termomix tells her - to me this is strange but why not if you don't know how to otherwise

I've seen her cook with the goat and Georgian guy and once she mentioned that she will replace some alcohol in that Xms cake so you see , it is a progress ;)

I know the Americans are very hmm unworldly but honestly it would not occur to me that one has to explain that this cake is British and that one is not, well, sometimes even I am naive
Without wanting to start a thermomix debate (there are millions of threads discussing pro and cons):you can be a proper cook and use thermomix. It can be a very helpful tool even in a professional kitchen especially when you cook for bigger groups. Just because we don't see her using it more often it doesn't mean she uses it only for weighing.

• Heart

66carola

Chatty Member
who is LOTL actually? BG or SJ?
Lady of the lost Lake... Therefor SJ

btw I checked the CD#13 and there is Ruth - which I believe is the same Ruth Potty is dating now? I wonder if they knew each other before she dated Potty, it would mean that he basically lives with SJ's bestie now - a bit awkward but not unusual
Yes, R. met him through SJ

• Heart

66carola

Chatty Member
My point was that there hasn't been any BnB business at all this year (since the first lockdown in March). And no workshops either.
BnB money couldn't have covered all these expenses in any way.
Curious to know if Stephanie gives any details about this to her Patreons ?
She does actually give quite a bit of informations. Dan is paid by patreon because garden is considerd restoring of the chΓ’teau. I remember there was a bit of B&B though. She gives also a summary every now and then. Soon there should be another one. Also she wants to make an end of the year breakdown. But I think that's totally up to her. She promised to do it but she doesn't need to. I am not sure if the earnings up till now can be non profit or only those in future once she has registered the chΓ’teau?

I just LOOOVE Kat !!

Yesterday with the kitchen cocktails, Kat comes in in her working clothes. SJ asks her if she didn't get the robe memo? Apperantly not.. Kat disappears for a while and comes back with Mandy, in robes you would think, but NO; both in their matching PJ's !
They probably don't have any robes.