The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is enlightening. Chateau Frantic is confirming that Billy and Gwendolyn are not married and Phil doesn't want to be. Around the 8 minute mark.
I noticed that too, an interesting exchange in an otherwise dull episode. Poor Angelina, not a nice thing to say even if supposedly in jest.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I noticed that too, an interesting exchange in an otherwise dull episode. Poor Angelina, not a nice thing to say even if supposedly in jest.
Phil is the worst. What an unwatchable asshole. I haven't watched much of him, and I couldn't wipe the horrified look off of my face the whole time he was talking. Angelina might be uncomfortable creating content to figure out what is next in her tit marriage alone at a chateau where she can't (or won't) invite friends, but at least we felt bad for thinking her content was boring.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Philip's ok as a cameraman except for the snorting, that's annoying!!
I get that. I think everyone watches through their own filter. Only children create their own families and they drag everyone along for the ride.

This is enlightening. Chateau Frantic is confirming that Billy and Gwendolyn are not married and Phil doesn't want to be. Around the 8 minute mark.

Keep off the roads when he’s around ! Freaking me out driving &talking into the camera !! Can’t watch 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Recap
Still on the whole enjoying SJ's vlogs and agreed she is streets ahead of the spinoffs in quality, but still questioning her finances and her volunteers' motives. Not so keen on her little poodle prince.
Still laughing and gasping at the Trotter bodging and grifting. Getting angry at Brenda's antics.
Well done ! Say it as it is !

Reactions: 4
That is why I only eat at home. I can't go to restaurants with my food allergies. I don't eat at parties, friends homes or work events. I read every ingredient on every item I buy. I never realized my simply trying to stay alive was going to annoy others. Wow. It's actually not us people don't take seriously, it is our allergies and the fact that we can DIE if we eat something we are allergic to, so sorry if our necessary precautions annoy you.
I know I have myself quite a lot allergies. I learned, too the best is to eat at home or bring your own food and have a quick bite in the car. It interrupts the conversation of you have to ask in between "what is in it?" and worst case:I had people even lying to me"yeah, yeah, no nuts" just to not be disturbed. So Philip: if you don't wanna hear anymore : for you the children's drink just pretend to be an alcoholic, people will treat you better

Reactions: 10
my 2 cents on the jarvis princess - 1st she has clearly peter pan syndrome and she can hide narcissism quite well - I will elaborate>
she and her mother clearly think that they are somehow superior, mostly because the princess went to Ox-bridge and could sing (mostly off tune but...) she looked good, was blond and skinny, could speak French and English fluently, traveled to Africa and Singapore as very young, there was always attention from the young age, if not from Alzheimer patients then from boys,
notice that she doesn't go along with girls who tell her something different that she wants to hear (Nutty is good in ass kissing, but Kat is not and it is fun to watch)
she is trying so hard to be cool and collected but one can tell that she wants to be the one who is reading the gift messages, she wants to be given stuff but I seriously admire how well she can hide it but somehow always manages to make it about her or that the best thing (the things she likes - the most expensive or rare ones of course) need to go her bedroom
I understand that it is not democracy there and the house belongs to her but I doesn't stop to amaze me how well she pretends that she cares for others or that it is fun and laughter - until someone steals her lame light (last time it was the guy who cooked some Georgian food - did you notice how stressed and clear gazed she became, she didn't understand how come he gave more attention to Kat)
the funny part is when she actually likes a guy (cannot be whoever but rich guy - lets not forget, she likes attention but she wouldnt date the average joe) so last time there was a goat guy she had such a high pitched laughter it was unbearable, but funny part is that the goat guy likes the goats more and it somehow skips him =]
for now it is enough i don't want to bore you
Bravo ! My thoughts exactly.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
she has many old ex BFs and she would be covert not overt and the "true" goes only one way (although Potts seems to be into himself), for me this is just the long time observation, there is another possibility or addition to it - there is some histrionic nature coming through (points to weird father - daughter relationship either way)
I see nothing weird in her relationship with her dad. Sure, once people are dead you see only the good- that's a usual phenomenon. And on you tube nobody would speak bad about a deceased one. But I feel they had a loving relationship, sad thing is you don't see those many times anymore. Only Few people in Europe live with their parents in their adult life because it is considered weird. Which I find sad, people are missing out there a lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I see nothing weird in her relationship with her dad. Sure, once people are dead you see only the good- that's a usual phenomenon. And on you tube nobody would speak bad about a deceased one. But I feel they had a loving relationship, sad thing is you don't see those many times anymore. Only Few people in Europe live with their parents in their adult life because it is considered weird. Which I find sad, people are missing out there a lot.
[/QUOTE]
Totally agree. I also think that the way she tolerates her mother’s idiosyncrasies is greatly to her credit. Generally I think Isabelle has mellowed but she does sometimes say rather negative things or disparage what SJ is doing and Stephanie is always very good natured in the way she takes it (on camera at least!). But also, with the best will in the world it can be very hard as a parent not to talk to your (adult) child like they’re a kid again. We are witnessing all this so its not surprising it sometimes seems strained or a bit odd. But mostly I see a child you loves her parents.

Reactions: 17
He is maybe a bit too nice, too well behaved, too polite. Never good if you want to appear manly or if you have so many allergies. People don't take you seriously if most of the day you have to ask: can I eat this? Is this with nuts? Nobody wants to talk about food, just eat it.
I know I have myself quite a lot allergies. I learned, too the best is to eat at home or bring your own food and have a quick bite in the car. It interrupts the conversation of you have to ask in between "what is in it?" and worst case:I had people even lying to me"yeah, yeah, no nuts" just to not be disturbed. So Philip: if you don't wanna hear anymore : for you the children's drink just pretend to be an alcoholic, people will treat you better
Well, that explains your seemingly intolerant attitude towards people with food allergies. Empirical.
As a side note .. For the past 9 yrs I've had to relearn how to cook after having to remove dairy and gluten from my diet. Yes, other people sure can be intolerant and have a dismissive attitude but I've always viewed it as a lacking within them rather than me causing them an irritant, and I have laughed at them for having a piss poor attitude. My mind, body and soul have never been so healthy. I love food, talking about food and exploring food. The change in diet has just taken me down a path of new experiences that I otherwise would not have engaged with, teff flour for instance. Family have to come to my table for Christmas dinner and if they weren't aware already they wouldn't know it was gluten free. I don't deprive them of dairy though, just keep it separate. I miss cheese and milk !! Soya ain't no substitute !!
And if I'm ever in France and in need of muscavado sugar for a recipe I now know to ask for sucre roux. Cheers @Calvignac, long live the Christmas cake :love:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes. There must have been tension when MPotts brought his new girlfriend to the house, but dust settles. I would have left, there's no house in the world I'd share with my ex's, not even laLande. I can imagine it's a big turn-off for her boyfriends to stay in a house where ex's are ever present.
I even believe she not interested in a longterm relationship. A boyfriend now and then is ok. But why would she give up her freedom for a guy? Since having children is not a priority for her as it seems what could a guy give her? Most people settle for a relationship because of security reasons.

• Wow
No worries, you just came across a bit too aggressive and bitter. This thread is also about live, love and laughter ;)
Nobody's denying SJ is ambitious, adolescent, attention seeking princess, who thinks her life is fabulous and superior to normal lives. She's vlogging about her life, for goodness sake, aren't these qualities fundamental? She's a great hostess, people person and entertainer, there's no doubt about that. Her flaws contribute to her interesting, a bit too much personality. In many ways her life is a charade and her castle a folly, it's infuriating how she decides not to see realities or act according common sense, but it's an essential part of her charm. Let's try to keep the conversation light and entertaining :)
Sorry to disturb but I really didn't think @sandro37 was aggressive and bitter. Come on ! What was said is what everyone thinks about SJ. Only difference is that Sandro 37 expressed it in a clear and honest way.
You would wonder if this tale.life thread has not become another "official" whatever fan page.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Sorry to disturb but I really didn't think @sandro37 was aggressive and bitter. Come on ! What was said is what everyone thinks about SJ. Only difference is that Sandro 37 expressed it in a clear and honest way.
You would wonder if this tale.life thread has not become another "official" whatever fan page.
I thought the same @Calvignac. I didn't see aggression or bitterness in @sandro37 post. She took the words right out of my head.

• Heart
Weird ?! It may be simply they can not live all together (work far from your family, small houses or even apartment, lack of money, elderly who want to be independent, etc etc.
Not everyone lives in mansions and chateaux.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Well, that explains your seemingly intolerant attitude towards people with food allergies. Empirical.
As a side note .. For the past 9 yrs I've had to relearn how to cook after having to remove dairy and gluten from my diet. Yes, other people sure can be intolerant and have a dismissive attitude but I've always viewed it as a lacking within them rather than me causing them an irritant, and I have laughed at them for having a piss poor attitude. My mind, body and soul have never been so healthy. I love food, talking about food and exploring food. The change in diet has just taken me down a path of new experiences that I otherwise would not have engaged with, teff flour for instance. Family have to come to my table for Christmas dinner and if they weren't aware already they wouldn't know it was gluten free. I don't deprive them of dairy though, just keep it separate. I miss cheese and milk !! Soya ain't no substitute !!
? How can I have a intolerant attitude if I have allergies myself? And intolerance is not an allergy. I wanna see your friends eating food which can't contain nuts, citrus, dairy, histamin, nitrates, certain other fruits, and worst of all no tomatoes etc. I am sure they will see a difference at Xmas! And it is one think to talk about food when stating what you like and another when having to count the things you can't eat

Weird ?! It may be simply they can not live all together (work far from your family, small houses or even apartment, lack of money etc etc.
Not everyone lives in mansions and chateaux.
Weird... frankly !!
If you can afford 2 separate apartments for 2 families you can also afford one big apartment for all together. That's not a reason that families don't live together anymore. It is just another style of living which became common

Reactions: 1
? How can I have a intolerant attitude if I have allergies myself? And intolerance is not an allergy. I wanna see your friends eating food which can't contain nuts, citrus, dairy, histamin, nitrates, certain other fruits, and worst of all no tomatoes etc. I am sure they will see a difference at Xmas! And it is one think to talk about food when stating what you like and another when having to count the things you can't eat

If you can afford 2 separate apartments for 2 families you can also afford one big apartment for all together. That's not a reason that families don't live together anymore. It is just another style of living which became common
I would agree to disagree. Life is more complicated than 2 apartments or1 house. But that's not the point of this forum.

She has way too many old friends who seem genuinely happy to spend time with her to be a true narcissist. Narcissists never have old friends. That’s how I spot them.
She has only 2 ex boyfriends around her still stuck to her despite their own family being there too.
Ah and a supposed boyfriend somewhere in America too busy to be gazing at the sun to bother coming to Lalande (even before lockdown).
Oliver... Ok but he rarely visits or only for a few days or somewhere else on holidays monitored by his wife.
David... He has disappeared even before lockdown.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I was making a supportive point as your first post, that I quoted, came across as you having an intolerant attitude to PP's food allergies and then you explained your experience (therefore empirical)
And yes we are also nightshade free too. I have coeliac disease and a dairy allergy and of course I also cater for other peoples dietary needs / allergies / intolerances / dislikes. No nuts on the dinner table either or citrus.
Do you eat Nomato sauce as a substitute ? I make my own from beetroot and carrots then use that as a base for all the tomato based dishes I miss. Ketchup, pizzas, sweet and sour sauce for instance.

Reactions: 7
Applause to you @Calvignac and also to the very articulate @sandro37. These threads were in danger of becoming yet another mouthpiece for sycophantic super fans. Sandro should not have been criticised for expressing her opinions based on accurate observations of SJ.

I was making a supportive point as your first post, that I quoted, came across as you having an intolerant attitude to PP's food allergies and then you explained your experience (therefore empirical)
And yes we are also nightshade free too. I have coeliac disease and a dairy allergy and of course I also cater for other peoples dietary needs / allergies / intolerances / dislikes. No nuts on the dinner table either or citrus.
Do you eat Nomato sauce as a substitute ? I make my own from beetroot and carrots then use that as a base for all the tomato based dishes I miss. Ketchup, pizzas, sweet and sour sauce for instance.
Thank you for sharing Nomato. I’ve never heard of it but I’m trying to reduce nightshades too so I’ll try it this weekend. Apologies for the slightly OT post!

Last edited:
  • Heart
And it is one think to talk about food when stating what you like and another when having to count the things you can't eat
We don't just state what we like, we explore it. We don't count what we can't have, we embrace what we can have.

@Minxxx
Try this recipe .. save you trawling the internet
1 white onion, 5-9 garlic cloves, 6 carrots, 1 small beetroot, 2 tblsps of lemon juice, 1 tblsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp vitamin C, oregano & salt.
Saute the onion in olive oil then add the garlic until browned. Add all the rest, cover with water and simmer until soft, 20-30 mins. Blend when cooled.
*use citric acid or white wine if you need to substitute the lemon juice.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Ha Ha - either I have been kicked off Escape to Shat-o La La Land or the site has gone down! I think I must have rattled her last time and I suspect may we have someone here feeding back to her! No matter, it was becoming increasing nauseating there as her disciplines scrabbled to defend her!

• Haha
Whoa! I hardly think the people on this forum are verging on ‘sycophantic superfans’! The reason we all gravitated here was to find a platform to openly discuss our views good or bad (and sometimes with humour😀).

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.