Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
That's what I asked myself, too. Kat throw it away maybe?
Hmm, Bizarre. How many xmas cakes has she actually really made at home.

If its anything like the size of my cake, finding a tin large enough to store it in is a right pain! Mine is currently sat on the side wrapped tightly in foil
She's Lady Christmas if we believe the depth of everything she says. I am very surprised she doesn't have a special tin. In fact I find that just a bit ridiculous. She said she uses the same baking tin every year. They are as easy to order as a dyson hairdryer.

Here you go Agent I C U, will match the Liberty advent calendar but won't break the bank 😂
1606261127677.png

I'm afraid you have missed out on the ones that would have matched your kitchen and the large tin can house a cake big enough to feed an army.
1606261639774.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
@Nina Rose MP definitely less visible and we can’t fully blame Covid as they used to do those squirmy role plays from their respective chateaux (scantily clad fortune teller and over the top detective)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

La Brocanteuse

This has been the vlog that has kept on giving! My attention was mainly drawn to the fact that, with all that china choice, could there not have been a more appropriate vessel to showcase the magnificent khachapuri than the teeny side plates? Something oval? Even a good old-fashioned dinner plate would have been miles better...

frenchessence

Chatty Member
Gosh, Stéphanie was so PROUD to introduce her baron as a "real aristocrat", it was even embarrassing for her !
Now, it's clear that her dream is not only to live in a chateau 😂
I won't comment on Isabelle's appearance in her bed with her little girl's voice saying to her daughter Merci, Mon coeur 😕 beurk.
WHILE reading this (no doubt of this) tattle.life thread. 😂
Noticed the same @Calvignac .... I was cringing
This has been the vlog that has kept on giving! My attention was mainly drawn to the fact that, with all that china choice, could there not have been a more appropriate vessel to showcase the magnificent khachapuri than the teeny side plates? Something oval? Even a good old-fashioned dinner plate would have been miles better...
😂 Yes - she has more china than a porcelain factory yet still couldn’t do the khachapuri - or all the time cooking it - any justice when serving it.

As a side note, I could barely believe my eyes to see an Electrical hairdryer being shoved into the flaming SPARKING fire 🔥 It was nothing other than sheer good luck that an horrific accident didn’t happen. I hope SJ has uptodate Personal Liability Insurance (Nati please go check policy if you’re reading this) because sure as day is day and night is night, Health & Safety rules appear to have no place in the dreamy Chateau de Lalande 😄

The HOT Georgian Chef could have self-combusted ! He was almost SCORCHING 🥵

• Haha
  • Heart
That’s how she started though and look at the viewers!
She doesn’t drink the cheaper stuff...

I’d even be happy for her to take us round the supermarket-love seeing what’s what! (no brown sugar though😉)

• Haha
If you watch from 5.06 SJ is having a laugh in the back kitchen then she realises the filming has restarted (possibly without her...) there is an imperceptible flick of the head and SJ performer is back🥳 I was more intrigued by what was making her laugh so much off camera?!

• Heart

Calvignac

@sandro37 It was a long post yesterday against posters here who dared say what they thought about SJ and her volunteers. It was a very negative post against the tattlers on this thread.
The post has disappeared, deleted by the poster or removed by Tattle ? 🤔
The poster is one of those who seem to think (from the beginning of this forum) that this is another fan page.

• Heart
  • Wow

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
Oh yes, I remember that. I'm from New England and after seeing Mason on the vlogs last year, I realized reading that about Bolton Valley Ski Resort, one of the main skiing areas near Burlington VT. Mason is definitely old money, by American standards.

Also, he's one of these New England hippie types. Although this sungazing thing he is/was into is definitely super weird. SJ definitely knows how to pick the characters. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3435251/
Trust Fund hippie

• Haha
  • Heart

emay

my progress with the first thread - I am past the middle and I see that people see and they pointed out many things already

my further observations>
Hani - I also get spectrum vibes, I am not sure if she is trying to buy the affection in the Brenda fashion, more like codependency and maybe she even believes that she is helping
Kat - love the girl, another truthteller, just wonder how long she will last because of it
Tomasgate - all was said already
princess Philip - he is still surviving and gets creative jobs because he is good in mirroring (he is an actor after all) and even if he disagrees he is not forcing his way and only says " I understand where you are going with it"
Selma - lovely chap, very handy, artistic soul, just too much into the wrong girl, but I also noticed that he was somewhat trying to approach the second best - Nutty
speaking of Nutty, no wonder that she seems happy if she was the only one who was paid, respected and could dress like a decent human, she also never says anything that could steal the lame light from the princess so she is on the safe side for now
Mary popins - it seems to me that SJ was so keen on the idea of the Floristry studio because it doesn't cost her anything so she encouraged this poor girl and now she is freezing in the stables, tries to steal the kitchen table, is grumpy and passive-aggressive most of the time - who kidnapped that lovely girl she once was?
Isabel's dark side - it all adds up and there is more to the story than one sees at first glance, many pointed it out already and I second that
mary popins - it seems to me that SJ was so keen on the idea of the Floristry studio because it doesn't cost her anything so she encouraged this poor girl and now she is freezing in the stables, tries to steal the kitchen table, is grumpy and passive-aggressive most of the time - who kidnapped that lovely girl she once was?
Isn't Mary Poppins a local French lady that helps with the cleaning and in the garden?

I think Marie thought her return to Lalande would be like her first visit and didn't really think it through properly. She knew what she was getting into as she said numerous times before leaving England that she was cooking for the chateau primarily and then doing flowers and that she was in the stables. Then she got there and seemed put out to be catering all the time and not impressed with the stable!!

• Haha

peony89

I'm British and had never heard of him..he came across as very arrogant and pretentious in the vlogs so maybe that's why his TV career didn't blossom.

• Heart
  • Haha

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
In addition to the above post ..

Magpie coveter: I distinctly remember SJ using the phrase 'i will / would like to "steal" that from you' - can't remember who to, what it was in relation to or which vlog it was in but she definitely said it.

@Heathcliffe Any you are Giordano Bruno by any chance on youtube comments 😂 on last years advent vlogs GB said MP was smarmy and creepy. Poor guy got slated by all the fakebook fans.

can you elaborate on the said cultural difference, please

btw as for bohemian eclectic, I wasn't sure if this could be it, I would expect a lot of random stuff but from the travels (colonies) like Africa India including Chinese cabinets and alike, not 5 of the same Venetian mirror
Do you mind we are British. A good cup of tea is far more preferable than an expression of sexuality 😂

She probably got them on sale as job lot or was bought for her. She sure does like Venetian glass and styling. Her style is just what she likes rather than a curated interior design.

Last edited:
  • Heart

sandro37

VIP Member
@MojoDublin
I tend to get annoyed by passive-aggressiveness,
my agenda is simple - I am a truthteller, no bullshit-haver
if I chose to address your other concerns, I have no idea what is your role here - are you a protector of BS?
go to the first thread to see how friendly we are here, we state the obvious in a fun, borderline sarcastic manner
I was in town way before you, and how delighted I was to finally discover lalaland thread, my dreams came true

sandro37

VIP Member
No worries, you just came across a bit too aggressive and bitter. This thread is also about live, love and laughter ;)
Nobody's denying SJ is ambitious, adolescent, attention seeking princess, who thinks her life is fabulous and superior to normal lives. She's vlogging about her life, for goodness sake, aren't these qualities fundamental? She's a great hostess, people person and entertainer, there's no doubt about that. Her flaws contribute to her interesting, a bit too much personality. In many ways her life is a charade and her castle a folly, it's infuriating how she decides not to see realities or act according common sense, but it's an essential part of her charm. Let's try to keep the conversation light and entertaining :)
I apologize for my lack of eloquentness and stand up comedy like style, I wish I could write in that way as I can speak in that way and it is way more amusing, it wasn't my intention bc no bitterness here, I like to observe covert narcs in real life, I am fascinated by the phenomenon and there is a lot to earn from them and the way they were made and how they have people around them to mirror their behavior, basically keeping the charade going

but I also see her other valuable skills and knowledge, just it is always overshadowed by her money grabbing nature (but as said one can learn how to cover the tracks by observing her - for ex. in the shop she always finds the most expensive piece, most rare or collectible and invents some narrative why she needs to have it and why it would fit some fun party, but always has excuse ready for the stuff which someone else finds appealing,
the same with gifts - it is little price to pay to compliment people for the ton of crap with hedgehog in order to get hermes scarves and collectible plates - it all seem super innocent and appreciative unless u notice it and i see that other people notice it as well - I just love it

• Heart
  • Angry
Just watched last nights vlog with my morning cuppa.
How many aprons😲?! Steph could insulate the roof with them. I hope all the ‘gems’ from the peacock brooch remained in place otherwise someone will get a Lalalande surprise on Christmas Day when they bite into their Christmas cake.
Sadly yet more expensive crockery.....although Steph always has to justify why she bought it to all and sundry so there is an element of shame in the wasteful spending.

@frenchessence Yes I noticed the reappropriation of MPs bedroom! We should be thankful she didn’t say Ps new room🤭

• Haha
  • Wow

witchgrass

VIP Member
I’m with you here. MW has started to irritate me much more lately in lots of different ways, although many may disagree. I feel sorry if she’s depressed & feeling out of sorts because her place as SJ’s sole/favourite playmate has been usurped, but she’s looked so flaming miserable lately (until quite recently) when all of a sudden she appeared so forcefully faux-cheerful (frocked up as Heidi) that if she’d been my friend I’d have driven her over to the goat farm and left her there. Most of her floral work continues to be pretty boring & amateur - I appreciate she is also cooking at Lalande. but there are literally hundreds of people now who’d like to cheerfully step into her shoes with a smile. She needs to get over her sulks and enter into the spirit of La Lande. Maybe try to channel a bit more of the Stephanie Jarvis energy , after all who wouldn’t benefit from doing some of that !
She's never been my favorite? God I feel terrible saying it for some reason. I really like her style because we have similar taste in clothing: feminine and comfortable, but not costume-y, probably prefers 100% cotton. She has fantastic boobs, she's body positive, and I don't even hate her arrangements. In fact I really like when she gets creative with greenery that doesn't sit in a jar. But she isn't comfortable with the camera unless she's drunk. That isn't exactly a character flaw, because I probably wouldn't be either. However, the rest of the time she seems either bitchy and irritated that she has to share her space for the camera (or the kitchen table), or she's simpering and fake. I can appreciate picking weeds rather than interacting though 😂 You know they are like, "let's just talk about some bullshit for the camera and then we can finish off these other two bottles and talk freely" when they go on an outing. I couldn't stop thinking "don't lick your fingers, or touch your eyes in case that toadstool is poison!" Then I realized I grew up in a desert where all fungus is rock star pilgrimage poisonous and Marie was only trying to be the lead in Midsommar for the camera. I'm probably over thinking it. I hope she does a patreon interview (or maybe she has and it was that forgettable) because I do want to like her.

• Haha
  • Heart