The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
LOTL is not selling the house. Why bother to establish a non-profit for the house? If she would plan to sell, she would concentrate to solve the expensive structural problems, double-glaze all windows, repair the heating... and leave the decorating to the new owners. I can see Nic and Michael leaving in near future, B&B will be always fully booked by fans and they'll loose their privacy, the house will no longer be a private family retreat.
I am pretty sure SJ would not sell the chateau in the near future. Nic and Michael are unlikely to cashing in their chips, but if they do, SJ has first refusal anyway. More likely, they will unofficially close the B&B. The guests rarely feature unless they are chefs or have professional businesses. Therefore, it is more likely that privacy will be preserved by inviting only guests where there is real benefit - for example, the owner of The Woodsman would provide great content during a stay at the chateau and SJ would be able to visit his restaurant and home in return. Same with the guy with the restaurant in Amsterdam. The author of the children's book set at LaLande with beautiful rhyme and illustration would be a welcome guest as the proceeds from the book are going to a charity of DJ's choice and thus she is delighted to collaborate. These will be the sort of people whose company they will all enjoy and be useful contacts and extend their friend base. I suspect the workshops will be extended to provide variety and content. Volunteers will be needed to look after those people and provide vlog content themselves. The season for this will be short, as SJ will be travelling more with Oliver and privately and need the freedom to explore new business opportunities, and I am guessing they will be many. Brenda will not be in charge of merchandise. SJ will, I would have thought, should set up a "shop" at the chateau, full of exquisite gifts beautifully displayed in a newly renovated space. This will give the illusion that people are picking from the shelves and it is all being lovingly packed. In reality, the website can be classy and the merchandise does not need to go through the chateau. It can all be stored at Amazon warehouses and dispatched on order. SJ can continue at the chateau for the key festive dates for vlogging and enjoy other parties that do not need to have the camera present so that Nic does not have to wear the thin joke of a paper bag on this head and Antoine can enjoy Crot Crot without a prying lens. Patreons will be happy with tea and cake once or twice a year garden party. SJ has a great future and I am looking forward to seeing it all unfold.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Nati
Has a sting in her smile and a glance you’d cease all activities at forty paces .....😐
She would make a good teacher and is the right person then to be in charge of things in the absence of Isabelle. Go Nati !! Give the damp walls a good glance ;)

I am pretty sure SJ would not sell the chateau in the near future. Nic and Michael are unlikely to cashing in their chips, but if they do, SJ has first refusal anyway. More likely, they will unofficially close the B&B. The guests rarely feature unless they are chefs or have professional businesses. Therefore, it is more likely that privacy will be preserved by inviting only guests where there is real benefit - for example, the owner of The Woodsman would provide great content during a stay at the chateau and SJ would be able to visit his restaurant and home in return. Same with the guy with the restaurant in Amsterdam. The author of the children's book set at LaLande with beautiful rhyme and illustration would be a welcome guest as the proceeds from the book are going to a charity of DJ's choice and thus she is delighted to collaborate. These will be the sort of people whose company they will all enjoy and be useful contacts and extend their friend base. I suspect the workshops will be extended to provide variety and content. Volunteers will be needed to look after those people and provide vlog content themselves. The season for this will be short, as SJ will be travelling more with Oliver and privately and need the freedom to explore new business opportunities, and I am guessing they will be many. Brenda will not be in charge of merchandise. SJ will, I would have thought, should set up a "shop" at the chateau, full of exquisite gifts beautifully displayed in a newly renovated space. This will give the illusion that people are picking from the shelves and it is all being lovingly packed. In reality, the website can be classy and the merchandise does not need to go through the chateau. It can all be stored at Amazon warehouses and dispatched on order. SJ can continue at the chateau for the key festive dates for vlogging and enjoy other parties that do not need to have the camera present so that Nic does not have to wear the thin joke of a paper bag on this head and Antoine can enjoy Crot Crot without a prying lens. Patreons will be happy with tea and cake once or twice a year garden party. SJ has a great future and I am looking forward to seeing it all unfold.
She/They could start the finance of a new project by using the chateau as collateral

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh no, just saw latest patreon video. I really never ever wanna see Selmar dance tango again. Does he only know these one move? And to top it he danced with PP... They seem to have only one playlist to dance to. Can't wait to see what you guys think about it ☺ but Ruth was in a good mood! Though She gave up on getting dressed near Stéphanie I believe.
And does SJ have some inflammation near the eye? First signs of stress?
I absolutely loved the dancing in the kitchen section. And for me, Selmar and Philip dancing together was a highlight. Cat and Nati dancing was also good fun - Cat really strutting her stuff. I love these people. I know I will be unpopular and criticised for saying that I actually really like Philip. For me, there cannot be enough footage (except the cadeaux channel is not for me). May the dancing never stop,

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Oh no, just saw latest patreon video. I really never ever wanna see Selmar dance tango again. Does he only know these one move? And to top it he danced with PP... They seem to have only one playlist to dance to. Can't wait to see what you guys think about it ☺ but Ruth was in a good mood! Though She gave up on getting dressed near Stéphanie I believe.
Maybe just screen eyes coupled with a bit of dust or she gave Ruby the cat a hug (doubt that one though).
Who is Ruth?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Maybe just screen eyes coupled with a bit of dust or she gave Ruby the cat a hug (doubt that one though).
Who is Ruth?
Ruth is the girlfriend of Michael P, normally does not smile, so this was great to see, her dancing and having fun. Selmar grabbing Phillip to dance with...hah hah ha, now that was horrid. Diesel wagging his tail to the music was adorable. Great fun clips, and wonderful patreon material. Now, I wonder, what has the boy Trotter served up as patreon fodder? Do tell!

Reactions: 8
I absolutely loved the dancing in the kitchen section. And for me, Selmar and Philip dancing together was a highlight. Cat and Nati dancing was also good fun - Cat really strutting her stuff. I love these people. I know I will be unpopular and criticised for saying that I actually really like Philip. For me, there cannot be enough footage (except the cadeaux channel is not for me). May the dancing never stop,
You’re not alone@Seeingitasitis. I don’t have a problem with Philip either. He’s always helpful, polite and respectful. I don’t quite get why people have such a problem with him but clearly there’s something in him that irritates some people. Hey ho. Different strokes etc

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Ruth is the girlfriend of Michael P, normally does not smile, so this was great to see, her dancing and having fun. Selmar grabbing Phillip to dance with...hah hah ha, now that was horrid. Diesel wagging his tail to the music was adorable. Great fun clips, and wonderful patreon material. Now, I wonder, what has the boy Trotter served up as patreon fodder? Do tell!
Cheers Heathcliffe, forgot about MPotts partner. I really like Selmar but he doesn't inspire me to dance

Reactions: 7
@Heathcliffe Why did you not like Selmar and Philip dancing together? Is it just you do not like them? or is this your usual, much appreciated off the cuff wit? I always like reading what you think. The Argentine Tango was original danced by two men together. Men would dance with other men for two or three years - the kicks often quite violent "play fighting". Only when they had reached a certain standard did they then dance with women. I am so glad that dancing has moved from being a male / female exclusive activity. It is now simply a pair - one lead, one follower. Often the men in both my jive and salsa groups dance together. The lead needs to feel what it is like to be a follower and vice versa. I love the way the world is changing to embrace a more relaxed attitude to gender roles and there are two lovely people demonstrating just that.

Cheers Heathcliffe, forgot about MPotts partner. I really like Selmar but he doesn't inspire me to dance
Selmar has rhythm , and wit and he is fun. Sure, he is not a brilliant dancer, but I would gladly be his partner. I hate it when men do not dance at parties when there are ladies in want of a partner.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
could have looking at the sun too long 🤩

Selmar has rhythm , and wit and he is fun. Sure, he is not a brilliant dancer, but I would gladly be his partner. I hate it when men do not dance at parties when there are ladies in want of a partner.
Dancing and music resonates differently with us all - I could get my groove on with Nati and no this is not a gender issue. Partnered dancing is a specific thing. He may not inspire me to dance by watching these vlogs but I'm sure being taught by him would be great. He looks like he is a good teacher. Why don't the ladies just dance with each other? then they can both follow and lead, double the skill within.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Who is Ruth?
Maybe SJ was sun gazing?!? Just fell into a Mason YT rabbit hole. Forgot what a hunk he his. Poor SJ must be climbing the walls at Lalande and they will really need to be rendered after Covid. And no way is urinal boy filing any void other than mice shopping partner and upholstery witch. Ha!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I noticed that too, definitely a little dig. Can't really blame Nati though, Marie's 'florals' have had me scratching my head for a while. And then she sits there holding a bunch of weeds.....

This forum just gets funnier! 😂 thanks for the laughs 🤣😂😄

There was an old woman from donegal
She gifted a magical shawl
Inside was a surprise
It was all wrapped in lies
I'm not astounded at her gall

Brenda, she really is the gift that keeps giving. If anyone knows anyone who needs a case study point them in her direction :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Very, very funny ... I thought the same ‘ooo flowers’ Cue the baby voice :) You are exactly right, it was as though she’d never seen a bloom before. It was ridiculous to walk along with a wilting blade of grass and slimy old fungi and not put them down to sip her drink, it was more infuriating than a toddler who won’t be prised from his ‘blankey’ .
Yes, yes and thrice yes! That is exactly what it was like!

Reactions: 9
Yes, yes, you can grow a hardy coriander that will tolerate down to -10 but as soon as the frost hits the green is gone, kapput!

We don't use growing zones over here as you do in the US and it is also very much dependant on your garden/plots particular micro-climate regardless of where you grow
The usda zones are mostly based on average low temps and it doesn't look like that area has gone below -06 in the last ten years. France has it's own climate designations and still, it's similar to other locations on the equator that the US calls zone 8. I might be wrong since I just briefly researched the address. I managed a 1000 sq ft of raised beds and some livestock in an educational setting with similar but slightly drier winter temperatures for 10 years. We had more snow than they do, but early spring was wild with flowers because we threw donated packets of seeds on composted manure in the beds after clearing the summer debris. Also brassicas and root vegetables love a little snow if they are mulched and start early enough. I bet they would have luck with cilantro outdoors right now, and in the greenhouse for insurance, just in case they have another Taco Tuesday.

The vegetable garden is improving but it still looked unproductive for the size, and the soil looks like granite crumble. I wish they would mulch so they didn't have to worry so much about watering in the summer and they'd build the soil, etc. Dan gardens a little like a dirt farmer and rotary tilling just kills all your worms. I'm from the school of piling the garden like a forest floor when it's too hot, or too cold. Stephanie had fancied a more permaculture approach according to some listing I found on pinterest a while back. I can't find it now. They have a huge surplus of gifted seeds to experiment with, and they should cast half of them out onto piles of sheep tit and give that soil something to think about. I want them to have to garden with a machete this spring. It's part of the reason I joined this cult.

• Heart
The bit-what-I've-put-in-bold is what really gets me. I'm not a professional florist but have done lots of paid-for "commissions" for big parties, weddings, dinner parties, etc and Marie's offerings are, frankly, pitiful. I know she does flowers in her Patreon videos and maybe they're rather more inspiring. using the lovely (expensive) things she has delivered from the wholesale chappy. Goodness knows what happens to those arrangements afterwards. What we see in CD are leftovers-and-random-hedgerow-bits-shoved-into-a-jam-jar which sends Stephanie into a delirum of wonder. What we see isn't an awfully good advert for Marie's floristry skills IF she wants to makes a career out of it...which I think is her intention.

I realise she's not employed as the Lalande in-house florist but, even so, if I were her I'd use the opportunity to my advantage (in the nicest possible way, natch!) and plonk a large and beautiful arrangement, filled with delphiniums, lilies, etc, etc, in the grand salon - a bit of product placement, if you like!
I agree,the floristry seems lost somewhere.I feel MW is unhappy.Its all changed alot since she was there before.SJ I feel is only really happy when the Oxford bunch are there too.
Brenda is back on end credits as top tier patreon. Do you think she had a dispute with SJ and left? But came back quietly to keep up appearances with her fanclub?
Yes,I heard the name

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Was just looking at Stephanie’s Instagram. She’s posted a nice photo of Dan. Note, Dan’s comment. 😆 what do we make of it?
5421D5A9-F12C-428D-938E-AEC615B28FCE.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The usda zones are mostly based on average low temps and it doesn't look like that area has gone below -06 in the last ten years. France has it's own climate designations and still, it's similar to other locations on the equator that the US calls zone 8. I might be wrong since I just briefly researched the address. I managed a 1000 sq ft of raised beds and some livestock in an educational setting with similar but slightly drier winter temperatures for 10 years. We had more snow than they do, but early spring was wild with flowers because we threw donated packets of seeds on composted manure in the beds after clearing the summer debris. Also brassicas and root vegetables love a little snow if they are mulched and start early enough. I bet they would have luck with cilantro outdoors right now, and in the greenhouse for insurance, just in case they have another Taco Tuesday.

The vegetable garden is improving but it still looked unproductive for the size, and the soil looks like granite crumble. I wish they would mulch so they didn't have to worry so much about watering in the summer and they'd build the soil, etc. Dan gardens a little like a dirt farmer and rotary tilling just kills all your worms. I'm from the school of piling the garden like a forest floor when it's too hot, or too cold. Stephanie had fancied a more permaculture approach according to some listing I found on pinterest a while back. I can't find it now. They have a huge surplus of gifted seeds to experiment with, and they should cast half of them out onto piles of sheep tit and give that soil something to think about. I want them to have to garden with a machete this spring. It's part of the reason I joined this cult.
As I said, I come from a region near where they live. Winters are too cold to grow any vegetables. The first frost in January/February will kill them.
Anyway, Stephanie pays Dan the gardener for the courtyard and flowers. Vegetables are for Isabelle who is spending the winter in South Africa.
Not sure Stephanie is really interested in real gardening. I don't blame her.😉

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.