The Chateau Diaries #39 The Grifterista Social Club

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not Stephending - this is an example of people applying their values on SJ. The purpose for SJ is different. Big place feeds her ego. She does a lot of living, partying, traveling. Maybe more at her age than those of us who work. (I know she says she works but COME ON it is not a 9 to 5 where you can get put on a performance improvement plan if you can't project manage and hit your goals.) She gets millions of views on YouTube because of the chateau. Let's not forget the $$$$$. She's on a TV show. I imagine from SJ's perspective, who cares what happens after she's gone? Is she really interested in legacy? Narc brains seek supply while they're alive, right now.
And, actually, there is not anything wrong with this. She bought a chateau to party and to enjoy, along with some travel. Having no children gives you a certain amount of freedom to live for yourself. If she had children, it is very possible she would not have, or could not have, bought the chateau. As you so rightly say, it isn't all about legacy. Lots of people want to live for now, and for themselves and are not necessarily narcs.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I do agree. I also feel, that despite trying not to, some of us have become rather obsessed by it all and feel the need to come here more than once a day just to keep up. This forum has been great with all the shared criticisms, ideas, and humour. It is refreshing to know that others share your opinion and would love all this grifting, etc. to stop but in reality, we are not likely to have much effect on the situation and most of the donors are too far gone to change their ways and SJ is certainly never going to change hers! I'm not sure that spending too much time watching the vlogs, etc., is beneficial to our own state of mind; it tends to make us feel morally superior, which we hope we are , but in my case, it also confirms that I am rapidly turning into a more critical and grumpier old woman day by Lalandian day!
I've actually stopped watching all the CD videos, as prescribed by my inner therapist, and just keep up by reading the posts here.
Interesting take. We all have lives to lead and none of us live in this space full-time. I watch the vlogs for their entertainment value. I'm on here because I hate grifting. And it's good to see change happening. Example: partly due to MPK's laziness and Tattle Life's boldness that his Patreon contributions are in decline. With SJ, it's just a matter of time. More and more people will see how nonsensical it is to financially support a woman spuddles for a living.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I wonder if the very new looking €7000 Hermes Kelly that was sitting on the table during the Bordeaux trip belongs to SJ? Anna doesn’t seem the type to splurge that kind of money on a handbag. I am sure that despite the Patreon account being designated a charity that SJ would likely charge a large monthly project management fee. I used to audit charities....sadly they are very often used to finance personal lifestyles.
Bag may be fake (definitely looks it from the vantage point) but I wouldn't rule out Anna being the type to splurge on a Hermes bag. I notice her husband was wearing a Hermes sweatshirt in the tour vlog with Stephanie.

1622737121812.png

• Wow
Reactions: 14
@ 34:11 in the Patreon video, SJ says if they can't use the hexagonal Eden Roc in the china room, they can use it in the shop she's planning to open in the stables, to sell tat she's found at Emmaus, Potts' pix and MP's prints to B and B guests. One advantage of completely isolating your customers is they have nothing to do but spend more money in your tat shop.
Omg she is opening a shop..another brainwave...with miss Phil behind the counter??:oops: Everything but the girl??? :p

She said her cousin is coming when he is fully vaccinated, I think he is scheduled to get his second one 16th of August.
Always delays and excuses...and her patreons believe everything...silly fools..

She said her cousin is coming when he is fully vaccinated, I think he is scheduled to get his second one 16th of August.
Always delays and excuses...and her patreons believe everything...silly fools..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Don't forget the 1100% markup syndrome as promulgated by Ashley Adams, the grifter chatelaine at Lomenie that SJ just spent the weekend with. As calculated by @Jikki2.
Zooming in on Adams' notorious €10 toile de jouy chair she's selling for €125, you can see how the tacks don't align on her trim, and how she hasn't steamed out or otherwise straightened the truly grotesque pink hula skirt trim she's affixed to side chairs. Also, hula skirt does not match the toile. There's not one inch of good intention, honest work, good taste, or credible restoration, in that whole piece of :poop:.
God, am I crabby. Thanks @Espe for the heads up. I do get excited when I hear SJ talk about eco energy plans for the chateau. I hope Davy, and it sounds like Philip, too, is onboard, for investment in boreholes, solar panels, and sound energy sources for the newly developing spaces.

Why is an American schooling cyber space on "The Art of French Living"?

I am American married to a franchoia for more than half to not yet two thirds of my life... I wouldn't be so bold... She should call her channel The Art of Being a Hill Billy in France.

What is it with women passed their prime wearing short dresses and knee high boots. Don't get me wrong when I had a high tight ass I wore some pretty flippy skirts especially on windy days with out fail... But as I said there comes a time when closing the gap becomes de riguer...

Those are some pretty impressive mark-ups on Emmaus tat... That hula skirt on the chair is gigantic! She must have really done a :poop: job lambasting the material to the wood.

Laaawd ha' mercy... No wonder the French think we are such hicks... Please tell me she is Canadian...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
And, actually, there is not anything wrong with this. She bought a chateau to party and to enjoy, along with some travel. Having no children gives you a certain amount of freedom to live for yourself. If she had children, it is very possible she would not have, or could not have, bought the chateau. As you so rightly say, it isn't all about legacy. Lots of people want to live for now, and for themselves and are not necessarily narcs.
Imagine that woman having children... :oops: she is still a child herself..

Don't forget the 1100% markup syndrome as promulgated by Ashley Adams, the grifter chatelaine at Lomenie that SJ just spent the weekend with. As calculated by @Jikki2.
Zooming in on Adams' notorious €10 toile de jouy chair she's selling for €125, you can see how the tacks don't align on her trim, and how she hasn't steamed out or otherwise straightened the truly grotesque pink hula skirt trim she's affixed to side chairs. Also, hula skirt does not match the toile. There's not one inch of good intention, honest work, good taste, or credible restoration, in that whole piece of :poop:.
God, am I crabby. Thanks @Espe for the heads up. I do get excited when I hear SJ talk about eco energy plans for the chateau. I hope Davy, and it sounds like Philip, too, is onboard, for investment in boreholes, solar panels, and sound energy sources for the newly developing spaces.
What caught my eye are those bistrotables.......an ordinairy bistrotable .. another grifter put someting on top....375 euro... :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I do agree. I also feel, that despite trying not to, some of us have become rather obsessed by it all and feel the need to come here more than once a day just to keep up. This forum has been great with all the shared criticisms, ideas, and humour. It is refreshing to know that others share your opinion and would love all this grifting, etc. to stop but in reality, we are not likely to have much effect on the situation and most of the donors are too far gone to change their ways and SJ is certainly never going to change hers! I'm not sure that spending too much time watching the vlogs, etc., is beneficial to our own state of mind; it tends to make us feel morally superior, which we hope we are , but in my case, it also confirms that I am rapidly turning into a more critical and grumpier old woman day by Lalandian day!
I am in the grumpy man club then.
I enjoy the banter on here and the personalities. I log on during breaks and sometimes after a Premier.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Who would be stupid enough to buy a bistro tables for 375 E when Amazon has them for $129 and free shipping?
Wait, don't answer that...

I love the wood candlestick at 750 E. I have a gigantor one I found at a garage sale not much more tacky... I got it for a dollar + $5.59 for a can of antique gold spray paint and my Halloween decor was the bomb.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Winner winner chicken dinner! They probably have helped themselves before.
That poor rooster. His butt looked like it was bleeding. I hope someone keeps an eye on him.

But really how dumb can one be? A non resident dog around your animals? And she is nursing, so maybe she was bringing a toy or some extra food for junior...

Reactions: 9
Another bs statement, she didn't buy the shatoo. She never held down a job in her life, so clearly someobody invested in it and she's milking it for all it's worth. Beyond cringe. She's good a scamming people out of their hard earned money, for what in return? A lousy signed postcard? Please.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Another bs statement, she didn't buy the shatoo.
I'm sorry you feel my statement is bs. But here is the thing - she bought half a chateau. It is in her name. You may feel she did not earn it, but that is a different matter. If your name is on the deeds, it's yours.

Reactions: 6
Another bs statement, she didn't buy the shatoo. She never held down a job in her life, so clearly someobody invested in it and she's milking it for all it's worth. Beyond cringe. She's good a scamming people out of their hard earned money, for what in return? A lousy signed postcard? Please.
She used her inheritance money and Nic's money to buy the chateau. Mummy and Daddy gave over the money early to continue spoiling her. I do think one of the reasons that SJ is so unaware of the plight of others is that she hasn't had to worry about money. Her parents didn't do her any favors they way they raised her. I am not a big fan of the only child syndrome as so many times they are spoiled rotten by doting and over protective parents. I know this is a generalization and there are many examples of only children being raised responsibly. I currently have a step-grandson who is very spoiled and a mommy's boy - not too happy about it. Wrecks cars, doesn't pay for his own insurance or rent, has become a "professional" college student and buys tit on Amazon when he's drunk. Luckily for me, he lives thousands of miles away.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Dude. Mark it up and sell on Etsy. With your saucy costumes.
Well heck, my a$$ may not be as perky as it used to be but I sure can still pose like that!! Now where to position my gigantor... :devilish: candle stick! You dirty bird... 🤣'Cause it is all about marketing...
What a great idea!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Well heck, my a$$ may not be as perky as it used to be but I sure can still pose like that!! Now where to position my gigantor... :devilish: candle stick! You dirty bird... 🤣'Cause it is all about marketing...
What a great idea!!!
Better a dirty bird, I always say, than mutton dressed as lamb. 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.