The Chateau Diaries #39 The Grifterista Social Club

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
FRK is back at it.... A blind child could do a better job. Just when I thought this wasn't going to happen, we have success????🤪

1623060019509.png
1623060168724.png

...and this gem from FRK...
_successtories_

Mark Twain said something in the lines off:

«Don’t take things to heart said by those who are less successful, or has lower goals then yourself».

I found this quote many years ago when I really needed It and It has stuck with me for years now. Don’t be discouraged by those who are lead by fear or jealousy. Instead, prove them wrong xx

Take note FRK,
Mark Twain also wrote about grifters and grifting. " The duke and the dauphin are a duo of grifters who are defined by fraudulence and greed. When they first board Huck and Jim’s raft after escaping from the angry citizens of a nearby river town, they have already begun their next con."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Next Cadeaux at the Chateau vlog is about her and her presents waiting for her...
She's no different than the rest of them.
But we knew it otherwise she would not have been back to Lalande.
I believe Kat is way too intelligent to travel all the way to France to collect some granny presents, IMHO. (ever since DB has dreamt up her vitriolic IOHO F*B page I cringe when I write IMHO. :sick:)

Reactions: 7
From STEP INSIDE A PERFECTLY DECORATED FRENCH CHATEAU! comments. Jimmy Connolly called out FRK last week, for being rude and ungrateful for not thanking him for a donation during her vlog premier.

Jimmy Connolly
8 hours ago
Reading these comments makes me want to vomit. I’ll now watch it and see if they are right.🤦‍♂️

Hide 2 replies

JediAn
6 hours ago
There's a busy moderator.

Jimmy Connolly
6 hours ago
@JediAn maybe they need a 🔧 ?😉😂

Jimmy Connolly
7 hours ago
IKEA!???🤢🤮
Jimmy Connolly
7 hours ago
Edds balls are everywhere
Jimmy Connolly
8 hours ago
I don’t think they’ve an iron in the chateau
Jimmy Connolly
8 hours ago
It reminds me of a circle jerk

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Same for the "chateau mas du Pradié" (Julia the owner was a guest at Chateau de Brives with the rest of them).
I know quite well the region where it is located. A Mas is/was a farm. This Mas was certainly a big farmhouse but absolutely not a "chateau" !
These Brits "chateaux" owners all have a "folie des grandeurs" (delusion of grandeur)

I checked and Philip got it wrong. In Brives-sur-Charentes history, no mention of a ancient chateau. Their "chateau" looks like a big Maison de Maitre (again) built during the Consulat or about (early 19e century).

Next Cadeaux at the Chateau vlog is about her and her presents waiting for her...
She's no different than the rest of them.
But we knew it otherwise she would not have been back to Lalande.
Not 'fending anybody but just a general thought: if someone buys a property which carries the word "chateau" in its name and it's been known as such locally for generations, regardless of whether it is actually a gentleman's country residence, a large farm house, a hunting lodge, then I suppose the new owner is simply following suit. Rather than adding the word chateau as a modern day pretentious affectation...which would make them a complete laughing stock for miles around!

Reactions: 17
more comments and the vlog has not started yet....
John Cunningham
2 minutes ago
As a patron I can’t navigate your site any more with all the uncouth opportunities to increase my giving. I’ve only recently become comfortable with this Patreon site. I can’t access my account or find what you are doing. Or what you hope to accomplish. Very disappointing.

John received a reply... Sure SJ, 🤪 that Patreon site is so silly.

The Chateau Diaries
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyqPuqFXuAP5GMwRNFg5hpA
14 hours ago
I’m sorry to hear you’re having problems accessing the Patreon site, what is happening when you try to do so? Also, I’m unaware of any opportunities to increase giving, which ones do you mean? Is Patreon contacting you asking you to increase your monthly amount? Please do let me know! You can contact us at reservations@chateaudelalande.com

...but wait, John wasn't finished... John, you are SJ's perfect victim. There is a cure, close your patron account.
John Cunningham

15 hours ago
I don’t watch this to see what other people are doing. I give to help LaLande. What’s going on there?

The Chateau Diaries
14 hours ago
My Sunday videos are not usually about Lalande, they’re about French Life and chateaux in general. If you’d like to see what’s happening at Lalande, the Tuesday and Thursday videos tend to focus on life there 😊

John Cunningham

12 hours ago
@The Chateau Diaries my apologies to you and everyone for the misunderstanding. I didn’t mean to be rude. I was frustrated at having access troubles with this and the Patreon account. I’m a dinosaur trying to learn a lot of new things at once. I guess I’m having trouble keeping up with the technology. Don’t want to be a troll.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Same here. I was a platinum blonde as a child with very fair eyebrows. After I insisted on cutting my hair in my teens, it gradually darkened and then I had to have blonde tips! Now it's gone silver grey with no help at all...eyebrows still fair tho. Most natural blondes have fair eyebrows and lashes. The usual tell tale sign is the part/tram tracks, like SJ when she leaves it too long between visits with Annelise.
In Fanny Flasher's case it should be easy to tell ...

John Cunningham
12 hours ago
@The Chateau Diaries my apologies to you and everyone for the misunderstanding. I didn’t mean to be rude. I was frustrated at having access troubles with this and the Patreon account. I’m a dinosaur trying to learn a lot of new things at once. I guess I’m having trouble keeping up with the technology. Don’t want to be a troll.
Ah, isn't that sweet? 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Same for the "chateau mas du Pradié" (Julia the owner was a guest at Chateau de Brives with the rest of them).
I know quite well the region where it is located. A Mas is/was a farm. This Mas was certainly a big farmhouse but absolutely not a "chateau" !
These Brits "chateaux" owners all have a "folie des grandeurs" (delusion of grandeur)

I checked and Philip got it wrong. In Brives-sur-Charentes history, no mention of a ancient chateau. Their "chateau" looks like a big Maison de Maitre (again) built during the Consulat or about (early 19e century).
Thanks for all your intelligent research. Nothing like a grip on the facts.
I have to think about where in the study of ETTC grifter chateau style this elevation of one's farmhouse/hunting lodge/maison de maitre fits in. Do you think real estate agents are responsible? How responsible is ETTC? I'd be interested to know their casting patter and ads.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Thanks for all your intelligent research. Nothing like a grip on the facts.
I have to think about where in the study of ETTC grifter chateau style this elevation of one's farmhouse/maison de maitre fits in. Do you think real estate agents are responsible? How responsible is ETTC? I'd be interested to know their casting patter and ads.
Estate agents will call anything a château these days to sell it ...

Reactions: 10
Meanwhile, in LA, the scene of all our best apocalypses, hundreds of feral peacocks have taken to wandering Pasadena, cawing like tortured babies and spreading the joys of guano throughout the high rent latitudes.
Watch out, France.

Cat has a university degree in theology. A real vocation, and livelihood, in music.
And a lot of sexual energy. I wonder if SJ is setting up some kind of faux gay escapade as she seems to have engineered around MW.
You are so right!!! With a degree in theology, you would think her moral compass 🧭 would be operational . Guess not.

• Heart
I'm puzzled. One minute rooms with a lot of things in them that make them different, or themed, are 'Bad'.. the next Anna at Honfleur dares to use a consistent, neutral theme throughout, and gets slagged for being 'boring'. And that's also 'Bad'. Not sure featuring Patrons in videos is great. I'd not be that keen on being in one.

Do recall a few weeks back Anna saying there was some stuff that had been filmed for DIY.

Do note that the Bourneau lot had in one of the broadcast series, so ages back, about the chimneys being unsafe, and they'd set up a fund. To think a few months of LaLande grift would fix that.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
What about Philipicate? 😆
Philipicate (verb)
when BJJ... a) ...annoying shares an opinion behind the camera, b) ...makes things and ideas more confusing; c) ...pretends to be an expert on something.

Examples:
a) SJ was interviewing George and Sarah when she was rudely philipicated.
b) BJJ philipicated the definition of the word chateau.
c) BJJ often philipicates about antique cutlery on the vlogs.

View attachment 606559
Paaaaaaarfect!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
A chateau decorated like a brocante! Love this description. And too true.

The scary thing is that George is giving SJ more ideas about buying junk from the brocante ie the table with the old glass on the top.

It would be interesting to see how much they rent their 'chateau' out for weddings? I'd love to know what the guests actually think about it: AirBnB review: great location, fantastic food, but full of crap in all the rooms and dog hair everywhere!
It looks to be furnished with the sort of "antique" you find in brocantes. Reminds me of a British TV programme called "French Collection" where participants have to buy objects for as low a price as they can, renovate them and sell them on to retail and catering outlets for a profit. Most people would buy such an object as a talking point, because its quirky or very attractive or shabby chic trendy , but not fill their whole house with them. It does indeed look like an indoor brocante. Not for me, we all have different tastes. I work as a tour guide in an historic house and I prefer the more tasteful antiques. I enjoy quirky items too.but the house is too cluttered for me.

In Fanny Flasher's case it should be easy to tell ...

Ah, isn't that sweet? 🤣
I had a friend who worked her way through grad school in ocean geography working as a colorist in the back room at the hairdresser. She called it the snatch to match room. The husbands of her clientele put a much higher bride price on a "natural" blonde and they grifted hard to maintain the illusion. And also tipped really well.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.