The Chateau Diaries #39 The Grifterista Social Club

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The comments section starts to be quite controversial... before complete deletion of course.

Deus Vult
8 hours ago
What is the purpose of having such a large estate, when you are close to your 50s ( I assume ) and have no children or a big family to use it for. You will just have the awkward friend living with you, and you will get too old by the time you finish all the renovations, and life is gone, and no one will care about your castle because you leave no one behind. Legitimate question by the way.
Show less
Not Stephending - this is an example of people applying their values on SJ. The purpose for SJ is different. Big place feeds her ego. She does a lot of living, partying, traveling. Maybe more at her age than those of us who work. (I know she says she works but COME ON it is not a 9 to 5 where you can get put on a performance improvement plan if you can't project manage and hit your goals.) She gets millions of views on YouTube because of the chateau. Let's not forget the $$$$$. She's on a TV show. I imagine from SJ's perspective, who cares what happens after she's gone? Is she really interested in legacy? Narc brains seek supply while they're alive, right now.

Reactions: 25
La Jarvis' perpetual state of chaos is clearly a throwback to earlier times.

Word of the day is ‘spuddle’ (17th century): to work ineffectively; to be extremely busy whilst achieving absolutely nothing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Davey's certainly a very strange looking fellow - looks like a gravedigger ... 🤣 Word "oddball" comes to mind ...
Cat referred to Davy as “Digger” at the end of the vlog. Wondered where she got that nickname from, but this makes sense. It’s actually kind of endearing

Reactions: 6
Found this on the MacMansion blog:
Screenshot (222).png

And at Lalaland......
Windows.jpg

Darkening dustcatchers everywhere

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Of course the octagonal table will go straight to the boudoir aka the land of the (overpriced) misfit toys. Bonus it is already at her height so it won’t need to be adjusted but have Selmar screw around with it for months just in case.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Not Stephending - this is an example of people applying their values on SJ. The purpose for SJ is different. Big place feeds her ego. She does a lot of living, partying, traveling. Maybe more at her age than those of us who work. (I know she says she works but COME ON it is not a 9 to 5 where you can get put on a performance improvement plan if you can't project manage and hit your goals.) She gets millions of views on YouTube because of the chateau. Let's not forget the $$$$$. She's on a TV show. I imagine from SJ's perspective, who cares what happens after she's gone? Is she really interested in legacy? Narc brains seek supply while they're alive, right now.
Like anyone who reads a book/watches a film/vlog, we all project, take in and assimilate/assume meanings based on our own life experiences.
If it resonates then that's what the watcher sees.
The trick is not to be personally invested in it. They're all adults responsible for their own lives.
I do see that those who surround her copy and try and emulate. They really don't have the same abilities. She copied Dick and Angel's format originally and got lost along the way. Michael is just lost.
People enjoy the format, the glamour it so called oozes.
Life as we have seen has a nasty habit of changing rapidly. People ride the gravy train when it is there, but who knows how long it will last for? I notice that viewings will fall, I no longer have lockdown time to view as I once did. I am sure it is the same for many viewers.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think Davy is lovely.
Proper tall, unlike BJJ who is just a bit taller than shrunken Fanny, so not really tall in the worldly sense.
Davy is also well informed, clever, wears his jeans well and is focused. No wonder he's seen as weird at la la land. They all seem to have the attention span of a goldfish, so.........

ummmm

.... yeah .....(see what I did there, ha ha )

what?

Reactions: 16
Hiding his patreon earnings just shows how shadey and dishonest he is, I guess he thinks people can't do simple math to determine at lowest donation levels he's still taking in over $2500 a month. Also it doesn't take a genius to figure out he's misappropriating funds with his over extravagant lifestyle since this is his only source of income.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Life as we have seen has a nasty habit of changing rapidly. People ride the gravy train when it is there, but who knows how long it will last for? I notice that viewings will fall, I no longer have lockdown time to view as I once did. I am sure it is the same for many viewers.
I do agree. I also feel, that despite trying not to, some of us have become rather obsessed by it all and feel the need to come here more than once a day just to keep up. This forum has been great with all the shared criticisms, ideas, and humour. It is refreshing to know that others share your opinion and would love all this grifting, etc. to stop but in reality, we are not likely to have much effect on the situation and most of the donors are too far gone to change their ways and SJ is certainly never going to change hers! I'm not sure that spending too much time watching the vlogs, etc., is beneficial to our own state of mind; it tends to make us feel morally superior, which we hope we are , but in my case, it also confirms that I am rapidly turning into a more critical and grumpier old woman day by Lalandian day!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
La Jarvis' perpetual state of chaos is clearly a throwback to earlier times.

Word of the day is ‘spuddle’ (17th century): to work ineffectively; to be extremely busy whilst achieving absolutely nothing.
Glossary to be updated 😈😈😈😈

Delighted 🙏

Of course the octagonal table will go straight to the boudoir aka the land of the (overpriced) misfit toys. Bonus it is already at her height so it won’t need to be adjusted but have Selmar screw around with it for months just in case.
Dear Natasha
Omg 😳 img thank you 🙏
It WOULD be PARFFECT... in truth I’d actually never consider such an expense on myself .... but I’d rather reuse than have it wait for another restoration.

The chit oooo diaries ( it’s me Steph )
What a day !!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I hope for her sake that she is getting paid. After all she is a "cast member" she should be compensated. Queen grifter doesn't want just anyone around, she knows Cat is good for views.
I don't believe Cat is being paid or that would have been mentioned. They're all just underpaid or unpaid extras in Stefanny's fantasy world.

Reactions: 8
It is refreshing to know that others share your opinion and would love all this grifting, etc. to stop but in reality, we are not likely to have much effect on the situation
Depends. I'm all for equality, especially when it comes to paying tax ... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Has anyone seen the yesterday's CD patron vlog?

JUN 2, 2021 AT 5:37 PM

Planning Session with Davy & Ian
Yes. It speaks directly to the centrally important role Davy now plays in the renovation of the courtyard and all other plans.
As her eyes glaze over when he pushes back or presents her with the topography map, and because his affect is not like the other Lalanders', she ghettoizes him in Patreon videos so that people who don't watch them think he's another freeloader, instead of the most important planner at the chateau. I think she'd be much more able to get FHS funds and support if she featured more of Davy on the publicly available videos and less of her drunken grifter colleagues.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
MOST LIKELY.
They all moved to Gwen's estate not long after she, Billy Spielberg, and Teabag started working on the chateau and ETTCDIY.
As per Sadie's story, her parents had a holiday home in France. That must have been sold now. Sadie and her daughter moved to France a bit later and started working for Dick and Angel but got the sack when the issue with MPK blew up.
yep was aware of all that but wonder if they live rent free (I really don’t know) & how many there are-I count Ma & Pa, three boys (includes Billy) Sadie & Mo, Sadie’s offspring, is there another daughter of Ma & Pa?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.