The Chateau Diaries #36 All Play, No completed Work makes Lalande a ruin/Money Pit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
QUOTE="Gibson, post: 4951008, member: 184401"]
Taking the absolute p**s!

As for the historically inaccurate oompa lumpa offering sewist lessons...really?! Don't waste mone

😊Oh NO...’oompa lumpa’??? From a man...Is that a ‘size’ remark??? Careful...😎
[/QUOTE]

Apologies, I was referring to her historically inaccurate costume for Bridgerton, not her size as that is what it reminded me of. I expect readers who haven't seen previous posts on that will think I am referring to her size I am not. Sorry, if I have inadvertantly upset anyone. 😬

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I don't know. That Welsh/Canadian tartan was truly playing with my will to live.
Which tartan is this? Not the one Steve had for his kilt which he calls "For the Love of Scotland." Looks like one of those "make-up-your- own-and -pretend -you-have-Scottish -Ancestors" acrylic American jobs to me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
They had so much fun at pre Lalande 2020 Halloween Disney party...
I guess if they paint themselves green they could pull off Shrek and Fiona.
WTF!!!!!! SIX DAYS with them???? I rather give myself a lobotomy with an oyster fork.

DISNEY-BOUNDING
AUGUST 22-28, 2021

Join three other like-minded sewists to create your Disney-themed project at your own pace. Collaborate, brainstorm, help each other with fittings, share experiences, and enjoy a photo excursion to a local regal castle in the beautiful Dordogne region of France.

Includes 6-night accommodation and food on-site at our chateau, ground transportation to and from nearest train station, and excursion to local historic chateau.

€2 500 per person. Terms & conditions.
826341AD-BEFF-4494-B620-3049506230D4.jpeg
1621108326045.png

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Thanks for bringing this topic up again as I have been thinking about it too much for my own good. I also pity him because Tatayana is not a queen, she's a black widow spider and he's firmly caught in her web.
His radar is off. His heart got caught in the web of Lalande and SJ. He should have been a dispassionate handyman doing his job and that's it. Like Dan, but for indoor stuff.

Tatyana was watching. What does she want? Her instagram looks sweet and lovely. So I don't know what to think.

People follow patterns. Selmar needs a fork in the road so he goes a different way! Someone throw cutlery!

Last edited:
  • Haha
WTF!!!!!! SIX DAYS with them???? I rather give myself a lobotomy with an oyster fork.

DISNEY-BOUNDING
AUGUST 22-28, 2021

Join three other like-minded sewists to create your Disney-themed project at your own pace. Collaborate, brainstorm, help each other with fittings, share experiences, and enjoy a photo excursion to a local regal castle in the beautiful Dordogne region of France.

Includes 6-night accommodation and food on-site at our chateau, ground transportation to and from nearest train station, and excursion to local historic chateau.

€2 500 per person. Terms & conditions.
View attachment 575613
. I think he was referring to Fairy Lightfoot with his "How to Train Your Dragon" comment.
1621109446638.png

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Which tartan is this? Not the one Steve had for his kilt which he calls "For the Love of Scotland." Looks like one of those "make-up-your- own-and -pretend -you-have-Scottish -Ancestors" acrylic American jobs to me.
He has one tartan in his very weird video on the Manor and Maker site, which is the screenshot I posted. Then there's a pic of him in a kilt, don't know if it's the same tartan.
Were I a betting man, I'd wager it is pure PVC and possibly printed tartan.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ok, which pair/family from ETTC are behind Manor & Maker?

They're flogging a scheme where you take paints or sewing stuff to France, maybe by plane.. and you use your own stuff to do unstructured art, in unknown places.. and then ship it back? They couldn't get a trip to an Art Supplies shop in beforehand? Did the trip include airfares from UK, or ferry charges?
Wow. I have done a painting workshop overseas. Pre-Covid there were many in France, Italy, Spain, Morocco. Usually the instructor gathers everything needed for the workshop. It's understood that you don't get access to everything you can get in the U.S., Canada, London or wherever. But that's the charm, it's about using more local and cultural materials. You learn techniques and inspiration from the PROFESSIONAL workshop leader, who knows something about painting or whatever activity. This is part of what you pay for. You show up as a workshop participant/tourist. Your suitcase has only tourist clothes 'n things. Depending on the location, I would pay a lot of money to participate, especially if other participants are known in my creative industry. But not out in the middle of nowhere, with nobody people, and no value add other than someone has a business model to make money.

Cosplay & Disney are super popular among U.S. costume makers. But if someone were to run a Disney-bound workshop in France, why not hold it not far from Disney so workshop people can easily go to the Disney there?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Oyster forks all around!
Don't tell Philip.

• Haha
  • Heart
Travel to the EU from outside the EU maybe more complicated than people are aware of. A certificate from the person you are staying with they have to get from mayor and it cost 30 euro for each adult or family. Paid by the host. Wonder how this will effect people staying at the tit show.
You know how she'll do it .. just give them a booking confirmation for a B&B room or an apartment through her own website booking system.
No €30 fee to pay.
No extra task having to get external paperwork.
Just an email.

Reactions: 4
You know how she'll do it .. just give them a booking confirmation for a B&B room or an apartment through her own website booking system.
No €30 fee to pay.
They refer to themselves as a Travel Company on their FB page.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Wow. I have done a painting workshop overseas. Pre-Covid there were many in France, Italy, Spain. Usually the instructor gathers everything needed for the workshop. It's understood that you don't get access to everything you can get in the U.S., Canada, London or wherever. But that's the charm, it's about using more local and cultural materials. You learn techniques and inspiration from the PROFESSIONAL workshop leader, who knows something about painting or whatever activity. This is part of what you pay for. You show up as a workshop participant/tourist. Your suitcase has only tourist clothes 'n things. Depending on the location, I would pay a lot of money to participate, especially if other participants are known in my creative industry. But not out in the middle of nowhere, with nobody people, and no value add other than someone has a business model to make money.
I'd deffo think about spending $3K for three days with Bernadette Banner or six hours with Michele Carragher.
But not with the self-defined gormless.

Maybe someone can help Ruby to roam to the nearby house with pink shutters! Give Ruby a trail of treats to follow.
Free Ruby.
There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home.

I'd deffo think about spending $3K for three days with Bernadette Banner or six hours with Michele Carragher.

Free Ruby.
There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home.
I have friends who have done the Michele workshops and loved them.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Bernadette Banner for sure! Love her. Now checking out Michele - beautiful work! I had the wonderful opportunity to travel and create for a week with people who are the best in their industry (I am a hobbyist) and I think we spent only 3 of the 7 days creating. The rest was travel, shopping, eating, drinking, cooking, laughing, dancing. Three full days of learning/work was enough. Because the location was spectacular and you need balance of work and play. People are still connected many years later. I will do it again some day! Thing is, these are run by people who have successful businesses doing their creative things. The workshops are add-on, side thing, not THE thing. If they didn't do the workshops, they would all survive just fine as they did all last year.

I am SO GLAD I never suggested anyone try to run a workshop at Lalande. Would be embarrassing to have to walk that idea back!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
He has one tartan in his very weird video on the Manor and Maker site, which is the screenshot I posted. Then there's a pic of him in a kilt, don't know if it's the same tartan.
Were I a betting man, I'd wager it is pure PVC and possibly printed tartan.
You’d lose your bet! Steve is from Fergus, Ontario, Canada. It can be more Scottish than Scotland In this small town. As a member of the Fergus Highland Games committee he would have a real kilt. May not be a recognized family tartan but it is genuine.

Festival committee

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.