The Chateau Diaries #36 All Play, No completed Work makes Lalande a ruin/Money Pit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
(I just discovered that my ancestors my have come from the Berry region I was surprised as not what I was led to believe. I
Nooooo. From Lalande ? Imagine Steph's reaction if they were from her chateau 😅

is the Perigord Noir a region within the Dordogne? Well along with reference to UNESCO sites and the Perigord Noir may give clues.
Yes, Périgord noir is in Dordogne : Sarlat region (where Stephanie and Philip spent a few days recently...hint hint).

ow far is Disney from there? I suspect it is probably closer to Paris?
Disney is near Paris. Far from Dordogne !

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Yes that is a Disney copyrighted photo and they should take it down immediately because Disney goes after any and everyone trying to ripe off their brand. I realize they aren’t Americans but I would assume most Canadians would know this.
One would think and they are not babes in the woods. He is in digital media well versed in copyrights and she was in IT. No doubt hedging their bets no one would see or question. I know of businesses in remote areas that used ripped off names of businesses and they were shocked to be served with cease and desist order. You never know who is watching or listening!

@FrenchGirl123 thanks for the info. Sad to say it is an area very close by! Pretty place though. Not Lalande😀 but I guess we can’t blame the place for the people that inhabit it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
\

They say they're minutes from "Velezay", which is never never land.
I don't understand why they say that Vezelay is "minutes" from Périgord noir ? Vezelay is in Bourgogne - Franche-Comté.
Sarlat - Vezelay = 430 km approx ( almost 7 hours drive acccording to Via Michelin) !

EDIT : Got it ! They say "minutes from the Velezay (!) portion of pilgrimage etc.... : They actually mean minutes from a sentier de randonnée (hiking trail) used by the pilgrims who went and still go to Santiago de Compostella.

Tricky.....

Last edited:
  • Wow
Travel to the EU from outside the EU maybe more complicated than people are aware of. A certificate from the person you are staying with they have to get from mayor and it cost 30 euro for each adult or family. Paid by the host. Wonder how this will effect people staying at the tit show.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I don't understand why they say that Vezelay is "minutes" from Périgord noir ? Vezelay is in Bourgogne - Franche-Comté.
Sarlat - Vezelay = 430 km approx ( almost 7 hours drive acccording to Via Michelin) !
maybe they don’t actually have a place nailed down yet maybe it’s between several properties. Looked at figaro properties for sale slim pickings. Not much between low 300,000 and just under 3,000,000

• Haha
Reactions: 8
maybe they don’t actually have a place nailed down yet maybe it’s between several properties. Looked at figaro properties for sale slim pickings. Not much between low 300,000 and just under 3,000,000
I think they are speaking of the hiking trail which led to Compostella........ Smarts aren't they 😅

• Haha
I'd love to have the link for this.
Their website has no offers, only wallpaper.
Still stunned by what some grifters on ETTC called a chateau -- a substandard suburban ranch in some grotty French burb. Ugh.
That was a house, rather than a chateau!

Reactions: 6
#1,051
sammy13 said:
Yes...ah...‘there’s the rub’...she has a beautiful face, far more naturally beautiful than Jarvis. Yet, she’s built like a line backer.
Hence, why her old man keeps returning...Jarvis has her one upped there.

SJ is the size of a child!!! Marie is a tall woman of pretty average size!!! Not all men prefer skinny and bony 😁

—-Cool 👌 and Hey...IA. I think many larger, medium and skinny chicks can be totally Hot. 👌 All sizes are good, and yeah: men definitely have preferences. Never said all men liked skinny, bony women. Own whatever you are, that’s what makes someone attractive. Oh...most importantly...be clean and wash your hair. 😏

Tell Baghead Nic this...he seems to not be able to stay away from scrawny, bony, animal hating, phony Jarvis, despite his wife’s increasingly pained expressions. 😈

• Haha
Reactions: 7

EDIT : Got it ! They say "minutes from the Velezay (!) portion of pilgrimage etc.... : They actually mean minutes from a sentier de randonnée (hiking trail) used by the pilgrims who went and still go to Santiago de Compostella.

Tricky.....
Good work, thank you.
There are four French routes to Compostela, one is called Chemin de Vezelay or Via Lemovicensis.

Attachments

Reactions: 5
From "Chateau de Courteille".
I know we have already discussed this topic and we have seen some of these comments before. I pity him because it is sad. What utter nonsense!
Thanks for bringing this topic up again as I have been thinking about it too much for my own good. I also pity him because Tatayana is not a queen, she's a black widow spider and he's firmly caught in her web. He's obviously a lonely middle-aged man without many friends. My brother, who is also a lonely middle age man, albeit very good looking, got caught by a much younger and very pretty black widow and scammed out of thousands of dollars and ended up with a broken heart. All the signs were there, but he didn't or chose not to see them. These black widows are cunning and predatory and at 50 years old, Tat knows what she is doing. Why does Sillyman think he's desirable to someone like her? Come on, look in the mirror, look at your lifestyle, do you really think a woman like that is attracted to you for who you really are? He's making such a fool of himself. On top of that, he's responding positively to these wannabes on YT comments! Wow! This guy is more naive than I ever imagined. If he does have the money for a chateau, then he doesn't need "partners" to invest. Way too risky! I hope he has a family member or friend that will have a serious heart to heart talk with him. He needs to be pulled out of the clouds and put back firmly on terra firma. And for everyones sake, stop putting this juvenile puppy love on display, it's embarrassing.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
@FrenchGirl123 the Santiago de Compostela well that triggered something. Some of my relatives did the genealogy test different companies. Came back that our French family originated in Spain. As said thought it was crazy as there is extensive research on our family as a very large group never a mention of Berry region or Spain. If true they may have been part of the pilgrimages. I know quite a few people that either walked or biked one of the routes.
Wow like I keep saying learn a lot here not just idle gossip. I must talk to my relatives.

Reactions: 5
Selmar is rebounding from his dream of Skankanee falling in love with him. Hopefully the rebound isn't too hard on him. I hope
he does find what he's looking for. As far as judging his life. He is in the first phase of his new life. We don't know if he has the funds to buy and renovate a chateau. He's designing his new life. An independent woman who doesn't expect a man to pay for everything may find his lifestyle to her liking. It's the weak dependant ones that want a certain level in a man. Us strong ones provide for ourselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Thanks for bringing this topic up again as I have been thinking about it too much for my own good. I also pity him because Tatayana is not a queen, she's a black widow spider and he's firmly caught in her web. He's obviously a lonely middle-aged man without many friends. My brother, who is also a lonely middle age man, albeit very good looking, got caught by a much younger and very pretty black widow and scammed out of thousands of dollars and ended up with a broken heart. All the signs were there, but he didn't or chose not to see them. These black widows are cunning and predatory and at 50 years old, Tat knows what she is doing. Why does Sillyman think he's desirable to someone like her? Come on, look in the mirror, look at your lifestyle, do you really think a woman like that is attracted to you for who you really are? He's making such a fool of himself. On top of that, he's responding positively to these wannabes on YT comments! Wow! This guy is more naive than I ever imagined. If he does have the money for a chateau, then he doesn't need "partners" to invest. Way too risky! I hope he has a family member or friend that will have a serious heart to heart talk with him. He needs to be pulled out of the clouds and put back firmly on terra firma. And for everyones sake, stop putting this juvenile puppy love on display, it's embarrassing.
At least he got his teeth cleaned.
As for Tatyana being a predator, the jury's out on that.
I think she has a type. And whether or not Selmar has a bag of gold under the floorboards of the camper, he's not signaling big bucks to gold diggers of the type you mention. And he makes very clear he's a solitary. Even if he's flirting wildly in public.
Check out her IG.
FB:
Ama:
Harry Potter slash blog:

Reactions: 1
They already have workshops on the calendar. Sewing with Sarah 2500 flowers and wellness with Marie Wilk 995... Ok...
It just keeps getting better and better! Well, all I can say is that the world is full of idiots. I can just imagine the rabid fans figuring out how they can get their sorry asses to France, raid their piggy banks, and squeal with delight at the possibility of being ripped off by these scammers and amateurs. If I feel the need to up my "wellness" game, I'll go spend a few bucks at my local flower stand. They will arrange the flowers beautifully and artistically. Next I will grab a baguette and some brie along with a nice but reasonably priced wine from the Burgundy region. Finally, I will don my most comfortable, but clean and well maintained jeans and button down cotton shirt and sit on my deck overlooking my garden, all for less than 100 euros. I will feel very well indeed! BTW you and 3 others can join me all expenses paid by yourself in advance. Sorry, no cancellations as this is a very exclusive offer.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
There is a marking on the map on their Facebook page, it says Molières, 82220, France:

Reactions: 8
You'd think Sarah would want to prove she can sew an outfit that looks good before advertising workshops. Marie's flowers nothing to learn there. Her wellness not working out for her. She's up and down. But I guess a sucker is born every minute.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Comments for Selmar's latest flog 👑

THEY THINK THEY ARE GOING TO BE THE NEXT YT SENSATION... 📺 ?????

Tatyana Valda Belinda Hill
4 hours agoThis makes me smile the biggest smile! I loved watching you open it, darling. xxxx❤xxxx....So, now you know I wasn't really planning to knit you a hat when I asked for your head measurement some months ago. 😸

Hide reply
Selmar Duin
Selmar Duin

35 minutes ago
Yes I though about that. Knit me a head??!!! But did. The most beautiful loving present I have ever received. I am verry proud to wearing it and you as my Queen at my side. Love U beautiful X

Reminder of who she thinks she is. This is her bio on YT...

36 subscribers
Independent Producer/ Indie TV Presenter/ Content Producer of Television Programing(Factual)
The real question is.....How did they meet? At the beach?

Ok, which pair/family from ETTC are behind Manor & Maker?

They're flogging a scheme where you take paints or sewing stuff to France, maybe by plane.. and you use your own stuff to do unstructured art, in unknown places.. and then ship it back? They couldn't get a trip to an Art Supplies shop in beforehand? Did the trip include airfares from UK, or ferry charges?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.