The Chateau Diaries #34 Every court needs its clowns

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone with a brain in the comments... rather rare !

Mona C
12 hours ago
Selmar and Ian are the two most truthful and realistic commenters. Let’s face it, the $30k plus monthly monies would never happen from B&B alone. People are lamenting SJ’s work, she’s working for $360,000 plus annual income to keep the place going.

Reactions: 18
Just watched the Honfleur vlog (waiting for a vital part, so on an early break) I laughed out loud when Philip asked Anna, about the wallpaper wondering if they could reproduce it or had someone got the copyright. I have expected Michael to pop up with a cry vlog saying he had. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Another one :

Timothy Peacock

1 hour ago
Very interesting opinions, but you make a living from your films. The work you put in making them gives you an income It’s all very complicated The income is funding the restoration of the chateau is your reward for your hard work We all love it. Rebecca x

Reactions: 8
Well weren't some of the lalonders comments in the video about doing something "basic" and because a vlog camera is there it suddenly becomes exciting to show people what you are doing? Um....not for alot of us. I guess the gangster grannies get excited to know that nibbles of meat cheese and crackers are coming out on the spode...again. yawn. For all the cookbooks sent the fare seems uninspired.

I agree about the faces of the inhabitants of lalonde. Lots of changes to them. Is it bloat? Too much champers? Is it a slow poisoning? The boring food? I think they all need a good month off. get some projects finished, get a schedule up, get a focused plan for videos. I miss the videos about historical patterns, old processes. it is all so higgelty piggelty at the moment. Just like the house itself. Slow down, focus, regroup and BRAND the CD. They could do a live for patreon each week to keep those members happy and do a quick video on the channel inviting viewers to watch a collection of older videos on a particular topic, theme or faves from Stephanie and her crew. hell maybe that would increase their patetron for the live video access and it would up views on other previous vlogs.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh Philip you aren't the only person in history, who has been bullied. Come to think of it, you were bullied and you still snort like that?! Besides, we don't lie Philip. We find the truth in what you decide to show to the world. You can tell the world that you've got thick skin, but clearly you all have elastic hearts, since you delete critical comments. Now that is truly pathetic!

Sara, we do not take pleasure in tearing you to shreds, you chose to travel during the pandemic, which shows the world how incredible selfish you are, even more so if you father recently passed. And that dress was fugly, even you knew it, if it wasn't you would have diminished it on camera saying "This half-arsed pattern with what I had on hand... This thing I've kind of tossed together". Especially after you hyped yourself and wanted to be Bernadette Banner 2.0 and make historiacal dresses for a living.
Maybe next time Sara, don't sell sow's ears as silk purses. Especially, if they are not historically accurate...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I agree about the faces of the inhabitants of lalonde. Lots of changes to them. Is it bloat? Too much champers? Is it a slow poisoning? The boring food?
I wonder how their vitamin status is. They dont' eat healthy food. Very few vegetables, no fruits, they all look less healthier than 1 year ago (or 8 months for the person "with the sock on his head" as my husband calls Philip).

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I love it ! "You are no spring chicken these days" 😂

PS As if they didn't do it already (not filming 7 days a week)...

GaslitWorld f. Melissa B
10 hours ago
QUESTION (PASS THIS TO OUR DEAR CHATELAIN) Stephanie. I don't live at the chateau, but I think you could afford to skip one day of filming. How would we know that you don't film 7 days per week? Enjoying life isn't just for its own sake, but it's also a matter of human mental and physical health and I personally worry that you'll fall ill again and you're no spring chicken these days. You need to have a care for your self. I say this with honest love and affection.
Show less

She's still weeks behind in what's she's showing. Did anyone else see the metal tub thing and the dirty tiles for the China pantry outside Selmars's van? That's when she filmed and probably took off several days after....

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Especially after you hyped yourself
Precisely. If she was going to lie, she should at least have stuck to the script.

She's still weeks behind in what's she's showing. Did anyone else see the metal tub thing and the dirty tiles for the China pantry outside Selmars's van? That's when she filmed and probably took off several days after....
And that lavatory bowl, which has inexplicably been adorning that yard for ever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Most YouTubers do live videos when they don't have time to edit. Sankanee's narcacism won't allow that. The gag should be live. Problem is you can't face tune an entire live video. What's taking so long is all the filters and faking in her editing. By now she should be able to edit a video in a couple hours. All other YouTubers manage it I'm sure an Oxford grad could manage it.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Well Im glad that they told SJ she needs to take time off and film less even if they were all pandering to her. I'm hoping that even as I type this she is working on her speech that will seem natural and unscripted but delivered with a worried and slightly forlorn expression in her next offering.
It will be to inform us all that she has taken to heart what her chateau friends and Gerry have said about needing time to relax. She has thought this over and come to the conclusion that they are right. Then with a wide eyed scared rabbit look she will hurriedly say that she doesnt 'want' to stop but sadly she has to admit that her stay in hospital was caused by fatigue and worry over film content and so on. This was why she hasnt told the reason for her stay there because cutting back on vlogs will mean hurting her followers, her friends and whats more, she LOVES making vlogs but.....
having spoken to them all again off film, she realizes that she is indeed doing too much and so with a heavy heart she has decided to ask her followers to stop sending gifts.(Allelulia ) as she has decided the Sunday gift opening takes too much out of her.

This is ofcourse true because these days the excitement/amazement/instant love/adoration for whatever the cast off/gift is has become less and less believable. Its a strain to watch it so must be more so to actually do it.

A win win situation then. SJ has more time to relax, the chateau wont bend at the seams with storing the unwanted trash, Nut thing wont have to spend her valuable time in opening then closing all the parcels and can get on with whatever it is she is supposed to do and we can all settle to enjoy Sundays without that hanging over us ...joy :)

So please Steph, take the wishes of ALL your friends and Gerry seriously and cut out the gift grab. After a few weeks when your energy level improves it would be great to have a return to the standard of your earlier chateau episodes which used to be interesting and enjoyable.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Vote For next title thread === use emoji assigned . PLEASE AND THANKS

Please vote 🗳 (y)
Thread title 🧵
Author ✍ @The Cheshire Cat
---- previous vote total (23) Like (12) Haha (6) Heart (5)

The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies. Painted by Derek Jarvis

Please vote 🗳 ❤
Thread title 🧵
Author ✍ @TheTaxInspector
---- previous vote total (18) Like (11) Haha (6) Heart (1)

The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies. by Dirty Derek

Please vote 🗳:LOL:
Thread title 🧵
@Viva La Loca ✍ Author
---- previous vote total All (20) Like (15) Heart (5)

Tattlers don't Rattle when Lie Lie Land tries to Battle

Please vote 🗳 :oops:
Thread title 🧵
Author ✍ @Wee Donkey
---- previous vote total All (15) Like (11) Heart (4)

All Play, No completed Work makes Lalande a guaranteed ruin/Money Pit..

Please vote 🗳 :(
Thread title 🧵
Author @Green Ink ✍
---- previous vote total (13) Like (11) Heart (1) Haha (1)

An ounce of pretension is worth a pound of manure.

Please vote 🗳 :sick:
Thread title 🧵
Author ✍ @Bored Mermaid CC
---- previous vote total (15) Like (11) Heart (4)

All work has dignity

Please vote 🗳 :mad:
Thread title 🧵
---- previous vote total All (15) Like (10) Haha (3) Heart (2)

Author ✍ @Gibson

Lalande crap de la crap

• Haha
  • Angry
I found the Canadian's comments RE people coming along to the Chateau and taking photographs quite funny. Clearly superfans are breaking lockdowns to make a 'pilgrimage' to the tit-o. As we know the locals don't have a relationship with the place I imagine it's the likes of Donna Davis or Michael Morrison with their noses pressed against the gates. Are we beginning to see LOTL face to face with the downsides of grannie grifting?

We havent seen these 'visitors' on the vlog probably not to encourage any others to do the same. What will happen when its time for the tit-o-lain to make good on her promises of "patreon events" and "anyone can drop in to say hello"'s .
Scary stuff indeed. This happened to Dick and Angel
I found the Canadian's comments RE people coming along to the Chateau and taking photographs quite funny. Clearly superfans are breaking lockdowns to make a 'pilgrimage' to the tit-o. As we know the locals don't have a relationship with the place I imagine it's the likes of Donna Davis or Michael Morrison with their noses pressed against the gates. Are we beginning to see LOTL face to face with the downsides of grannie grifting?

We havent seen these 'visitors' on the vlog probably not to encourage any others to do the same. What will happen when its time for the tit-o-lain to make good on her promises of "patreon events" and "anyone can drop in to say hello"'s .
Scary indeed! This happened to Dick and Angel Strawbridge. The price of notoriety.
Better get a lock on the gates..Maybe they should reinstate a drawbridge and moat?

Reactions: 10
Hire an editor most YouTubers have. But again narcs can't let go of the control. An editor can easily copy your style. All other YouTubers do this and nobody notices anything except slight natural improvements in editing. You can even pay extra to have your lumpy bad fillers filtered. Easy and it's a tax write off. You could even get one to live in since you have better internet.

Reactions: 18
Who would you have in mind? Asking for a friend...
Ian, the electrician, or even Dan, would probably see how stupid it would be for Selmar to follow that up! They are both considerably more mature than SJ, Marie, BJJ and Nati!

Reactions: 9
Scary indeed! This happened to Dick and Angel Strawbridge. The price of notoriety.
Better get a lock on the gates..Maybe they should reinstate a drawbridge and moat?
Well, now that Fanny has chopped down all those trees to open the view of the HMN to the grateful villagers, she could do a weekly appearance from one of the windows. A bit like the Pope. Maybe the sewist could run up a special banner which could be unfurled. Donations box by the gate - all cards accepted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Is it me or is Desperate Dan's head disproportionately large? It seems to me that his head has grown ... either that or his body is growing smaller (if that were possible)... :ROFLMAO:

Keep the rabble out but take their money...

Well, now that Fanny has chopped down all those trees to open the view of the HMN to the grateful villagers, she could do a weekly appearance from one of the windows. A bit like the Pope. Maybe the sewist could run up a special banner which could be unfurled. Donations box by the gate - all cards accepted.
The Fanny flower's on full display...

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
anyone else think they need a new opening? they still have the drone of the pitiful "hedges" around the fountian and could take an opportunity to show that then the improved courtyard. ugh

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.