The Chateau Diaries #33 Starring she who shouts from balconies, written and directed by Tattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Snorty is torture! Over 25 snorts and 50 dumb comments or noises. He doesn’t even say words or finish sentences. I also feel like he talks while others are talking and nobody-nobody needs to see his body even if it is skinny, pasty knees.
I agree. I wish he would shut up as the camera man/person.
I lasted a few minutes and left my better half to watch.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
2021 we can only hope when SSB and MOLD are unleashed into the Wilde ....

This is what’s awaiting .....

Calling it thou ...

horse tooth 🦷 Ryan is driving to Spain 🇪🇸 to collect - the METHERICK escspeee .....

Will they pull a fly by at chit ooo
loone ville

Ma Petherick is paying him to locate and return the enfant terrible 😞

Attachments

• Haha
Omg glad I’ve found y’all! I was obsessed with CD until the strange things with Thomas came up, and broke my rose covered glasses, then.. Prince P etc etc etc. not quite sure how to navigate this space but I thought it was only me that had goofy thoughts and questions about strangers!
validation at last! Shatoo curious in The USA

ps. Most of my
Millennial employees are Bi sexual or a sexual. For the older among us pretty much means sex with whoever

Reactions: 20
the Tack room = Potts app
Are other rooms on there? I guess I should go look myself. Lazyazz! It's possible Potts is listing it on Booking himself? If he owns it? I wonder if he does that, does he pocket the $? Or does SJ get the $ as part of his "non-spousal support". :rolleyes: I will NEVER understand that, other than maybe she's super closeted and guys like Potts and Nick thought they could turn her and now they pine for her forever and I COULD understand that. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2
Just watching the gift grab - Selmar is going to talk to the fairies and get some fairy tea from them. 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
I am looking for and failing to find the post to quote in which one of you delightful people says, philosophically, wouldn't we all be better off if we let the chateaux die a natural death and crumble away -- or just blow them up and replace with modern manageable affordable housing?
I think ETTC has a preponderance of hideous 19th c. nouveaux riche faux chateaux -- of which Strawbridges, Stephanie, Pethericks, Fleuries, et al are chatelaines.
Then there are some really old places nicely preserved for the future, with ambition or intent to serve again as community centers in very rural France. I think Marc and Amy talk about that, reviving vineyards, habitat, and other important infrastructure for rural France. They're the only ones I'm aware of. I've heard Erin and JB mention this -- becoming the heart of the community again -- without much giving back in evidence so far. I think it's significant that in both cases one of the chatelains is French.
But this thing of getting fat in Belle Epoque white elephants hosting hermetically-sealed Brits-only drunken weekends in your bargain-renovated venue is pretty colonial. Neo-colonial.
About restoring old things.
As an old thing myself, I have to say the thought of young people living artisanal lives and replaning 150-year-old clapboards to upcycle on their modest but beautiful Greek revival dwellings in civilized little upstate New York towns brings me to tears. Clara's friends talk about learning traditional dry wall masonry to restore their modest ruin. That whole The Repair Shop emotion -- respect for the worker who went before me, ploughing the perfectly straight furrow, making this clock, hewing this timber, cutting the pattern for this teddy bear. There's two powerful vibes: invocation of the ancestors and resurrection ritual. I'm for it. If you can make a living doing it, which seems doubtful, god bless. Otherwise, like gentleman farmers, you need somebody in the family with rather lucrative a day job.
Not feeling it so much for those French robber baron MacMansions.
I was looking at the restoration of one of the truly old chateaus I'd rule worth saving for the future, and thinking how beautifully the various 13th c rooms have come up as hotel rooms. But those people have a ton of money and had professional workmen repoint the stones and polish the lime render. I doubt it's been restored to historical specifications, which I don't really care much about for useful, living buildings. Aesthetically it's a win, but also earning money off the customers' Knight Templar/Holy Grail/Da Vinci Code etc. fantasies.
I think I like best the parador system, where the government of Spain actually restored patrimony buildings for tourists to stay in. You didn't have to worry about whether or not the host was going to stop drinking/faffing with the fairy lights/shopping and hoarding/ long enough to make sure the sheets were clean. The standards were professional, not expat beach bum.
As for whether or not we'd be better off letting them rot, I don't know. I like to think young people like Dan and Annelise can get a toehold in the housing market restoring a modest village dwelling, and bring something wonderful of themselves and their children' future back to empty, wonderful, rural France.
I said that. Maybe someone else did too. I did feel conflicted saying that. Because when I travel, I go to the places in the world with the very old things I want to see. Like climb to the top of Angkor Wat. Been there did that. Old villages in Italy. Taj Mahal, thousand year old Buddhist temples, everything old, I love. What has value and what doesn't? Who decides this? What do you save and what do you let go? Some cultures want all new right now and have no problem knocking it all down, andthen others wring their hands over that. We all see it differently. But if there are more old buildings than current resources to maintain when we have so many other problems in this world with hunger etc. ... let the buildings go.

It's just stone that knows nothing.

I'd rather give to sentient beings that feel and know everything.

Ya know? Like animals and people. Really I'd rather give to help animals because I about given up on humans. SJ is the epitome of that. Colonial era values, royalty bleep, would be the next slave owning generation if she could get away with it. Screw her.

WHY give to her? She is only good at spinning a tale and marketing and making people feel they're a part of something that they're really no part of at all.

I love the idea of community centers. Maybe break these places up into apartments (gites you are calling them?) where people own the inside and the outside structure and grounds are maintained by the whole group. Might make it more affordable and possible to maintain these places and provide living space that fits today's lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just watching the gift grab - Selmar is going to talk to the fairies and get some fairy tea from them. 😂
Hopefully that's code for marijuana otherwise it's just plain goofy, which Selmar can be. I don't mind middle aged folk pretending there are fairies if they are talking to very young children, if not, it's distinctly weird and to be avoided. I'm not a fan of Selmar's goofy side. I think he acts like that sometimes because he's uncomfortable and doesn't know what else to do. Like all the rest of the cast he falls into immature behavior on camera. They just cannot be normal, it's too difficult for them. They always have to be pretending to be having a blast of a time not matter what they are doing. It must exhausting.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Funny. Before Covid, I checked her TripAdvisor reviews in the French site. There was some reviews from French customers not really good. Recently, I tried to find these reviews again and couldn't find them. Simply disappeared.
she must have had her online reviews "scrubbed". maybe this is part of Steve's P.R. wizardry. hmmm

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Tonight I watched "Opening gifts in the entrance hall" for a while. It doesn't make any sense to open Christmas gifts in May. It is time that SJ tells her fans to stop sending gifts. She got some nice and interesting presents but now it is a bit of junk.

Reactions: 20
I said that. Maybe someone else did too. I did feel conflicted saying that. Because when I travel, I go to the places in the world with the very old things I want to see. Like climb to the top of Angkor Wat. Been there did that. Old villages in Italy. Taj Mahal, thousand year old Buddhist temples, everything old, I love. What has value and what doesn't? Who decides this? What do you save and what do you let go? Some cultures want all new right now and have no problem knocking it all down, andthen others wring their hands over that. We all see it differently. But if there are more old buildings than current resources to maintain when we have so many other problems in this world with hunger etc. ... let the buildings go.

It's just stone that knows nothing.

I'd rather give to sentient beings that feel and know everything.

Ya know? Like animals and people. Really I'd rather give to help animals because I about given up on humans. SJ is the epitome of that. Colonial era values, royalty bleep, would be the next slave owning generation if she could get away with it. Screw her.

WHY give to her? She is only good at spinning a tale and marketing and making people feel they're a part of something that they're really no part of at all.

I love the idea of community centers. Maybe break these places up into apartments (gites you are calling them?) where people own the inside and the outside structure and grounds are maintained by the whole group. Might make it more affordable and possible to maintain these places and provide living space that fits today's lives.
Tonight I watched "Opening gifts in the entrance hall" for a while. It doesn't make any sense to open Christmas gifts in May. It is time that SJ tells her fans to stop sending gifts. She got some nice and interesting presents but now it is a bit of junk.
I was very disappointed with the entry hall. The wall paper was ghastly! So drab and the scale of the design was too large for the space, plus the furnishings didn't seem to work with it. This is what happens when you don't have a master plan. Contrast the entry hall wallpaper with the dining room wallpaper and you'll see what I mean. It's jarring.

• Heart
Who knows?
I did see Marie stroking his hedgehog and the wore matching pink jumpers.
Maybe he has been downgraded?
Shocker -Steve (who is rapidly disappearing into his neck) used to sleep with a hedgehog.

Total filth! 🤣
I think Philip lived up to his nickname today in the parts that I did watch of the Grift Grab. Blue jeans (and hairy knees to boot) and a baby pink sweater. And there was some mention of Jesus. 😶 BJJ! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
From "Opening gifts in the entrance hall".
"..... Whenever Phillip is holding the camera, he emits a darling snort ....".
I think the hideous puppet fits right in at the shatoo, especially since it's two faced!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Part of what first caught my eye about LaLande was the suggestion that it was an artistic commune and the volunteers were a part of that. That's what the Manor and Maker grifters are talking about. What precisely they have to teach people like the ancient masonry restorers, or the surrounding farmers who grew up with the Naidaillacs in possession, the chapel restorer, or the goat cheese guy, I'd really like to know.
I do believe worker owned cooperatives are the wave of the future.
I wish I knew more about the way the feudal chateaux worked, we don't want that slavery to return. But imagine Dan and Annelise at the head of such an enterprise. Imagine if LaLande was run as a place to teach artisanal trades -- half paying guests, half non paying. You could learn to restore masonry, cut and fit beams and tiles, electricity and plumbing for old buildings plus eco friendly French drains, rainwater cisterns, solar panelling, wind energy, small farm animal husbandry, forest management, heritage botany and birds/bugs/etc., mill restoration or solar powered milling projects and heritage organic farming. Taught by the locals en Francais. That would be cool. See you there, mama. I'll be the one wrassling the sheep, getting some goats for cheese making, shearing sheep and researching old Le Berry wool knitting patterns and broderie/lace making for workshops with very rich American broads who pay $100 a skein for trophy wool. And an equal number of local artistic textile students, gratis. Toile de Jouy, mon cul. See, my French is getting better already.
I have no doubt as @FrenchGirl123 says France is full of well-restored chateaux owned and run by the French, giving back to their village and not just serf jobs. I need to look into that and find out what's happening.
Thanks for your initial thoughts, inspiring.

Reactions: 18
I was host to many workawayers, usually travelling families on a world trip with their kids homeschooling while travelling. I was not looking for a slave but for people who can teach my kids or me something fun. Sofar we had: birdwatching, karate, fancy cakes, coding, of course lots of language practice, woodwork (building a pergola), stargazing with a proper telescope, juggling, painting a mural
We once had a guy for 6 weeks who basically played ping-pong every afternoon for hours with my son who within those weeks became really really good!
It was more of an exchange since I taught them about local history and German and we cooked together.
I myself did all my workaways in Croatia babysitting since I don't have anybody in Germany to speak Croatian to and I don't want to forget it but can't justify spending 6 weeks per year there just on vacation while my husband works so at least I don't spend any money.
None of the hosts I've communicated with hosted families. Some advised only couples as they don't get lonely as easily. One suggested getting a hot tub and beer fridge. I have a diy hot tub and zero interest in having to drain it daily. Or the issues that can arise from drunks sitting in hot water. I don't go on excursions enough. Have no interest in opening an adult daycare. It was a suggestion to help keep elders in their home longer. Mowing minor home maintenance. From the sound of it someone would have to supervise them. The cost of hosting, the special diets and the entertaining just aren't worth the labor. A few people brought up if you're going to have to clean up after them it would make more financial sense to Airbnb the guest house as a nonprofit and use the funds to hire some workers. Pre Covid I hosted a nonprofit organization that does community improvement here for one week every year. Last project was a toddler playground. I found Skankanee by researching workaway. Her party lifestyle seems to fit in with what hosts have expressed. Woofers want education in organic farming. I'm not large enough for that. And again all the issues above.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Omg glad I’ve found y’all! I was obsessed with CD until the strange things with Thomas came up, and broke my rose covered glasses, then.. Prince P etc etc etc. not quite sure how to navigate this space but I thought it was only me that had goofy thoughts and questions about strangers!
validation at last! Shatoo curious in The USA

ps. Most of my
Millennial employees are Bi sexual or a sexual. For the older among us pretty much means sex with whoever
P.S. Us older ones have been around the block and realise sex is not a new invention nor are the terms. We grew up watching David Attenborough and realised that the amorphous world existed. That animals and people procreate in what ever shape or form they existed in; and in-between will try most things.
My Gran who died at 98 could give you chapter and verse on what folk got upto. She called a spade a spade and laughed her socks off at people who would try and shock her with talk of sex or insult her intelligence.
Sorry for the derail.
Now off to practice my cis gendered routine of trying to get my socks off without waking or woking up my wife.
Bon nuit.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
When I was teaching elementary school, I would have to be very careful about who was daddy and who was grandpa. Biologically, men can reproduce quite late into life, and as the saying goes, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should." It was always a second go round for the men, not for their much younger wives. The children of these Grandpa Daddies generally were rather lonely if they were an only child because Grandpa Daddy didn't relate to them as a much younger father would. It seemed to me that they only had children with the newer, improved wife to please her. Sorry if I am insulting any Grandpa Daddies on this site, but that was my observation.
I agree. Some grandpa daddies have grown up and want to start over with their new families and correct the mistakes they did in their first marriages, but unfortunately most of them are just repeating their old mistakes. Bringing up a child is hard work, it's demanding to be present and actively participate in your child's life.
Standing back from the crowd

Truthfully was disappointed with the begging bowl ...

But they did learn from SSB
We haven’t enough money for all refurbishment - that’s ok 👌

But we won’t be doing any works till November
But bowls out in may ....

Project two - again the 6 month delay

They learned well ....
They read here ... hello 👋

I do like them ... but more her than him
At least her work is interesting and educational
Fair play to him for learning electrics etc ... but I’m bored with endless time it takes for him to complete a door handle etc ...
Wish them well but I’m not overflowing with praise as it now appears

They were in the long grasses biding their time WAITING to join the BBB

Begging Bowl Brigade .....
Couldn't agree more. The Fleuries were growing already so fast and all predictions estimated that they'd reach 250k subscribers in 12 months and be as big as CD. They could've done this gracefully, without begging, I suppose they have no bookings for the summer and couldn't help themselves dipping their hands in to strangers pockets. One more year and they could have done it without patrons!
The rattling has paid off:
1620087271656.png

1620087366996.png

I'm also more of a fan of Anna. She's talented and has great taste (also in men). Philipp is lucky to have her.
Their script is super funny, such a shame Philipp isn't a better actor.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Part of what first caught my eye about LaLande was the suggestion that it was an artistic commune and the volunteers were a part of that. That's what the Manor and Maker grifters are talking about. What precisely they have to teach people like the ancient masonry restorers, or the surrounding farmers who grew up with the Naidaillacs in possession, the chapel restorer, or the goat cheese guy, I'd really like to know.
I do believe worker owned cooperatives are the wave of the future.
I wish I knew more about the way the feudal chateaux worked, we don't want that slavery to return. But imagine Dan and Annelise at the head of such an enterprise. Imagine if LaLande was run as a place to teach artisanal trades -- half paying guests, half non paying. You could learn to restore masonry, cut and fit beams and tiles, electricity and plumbing for old buildings plus eco friendly French drains, rainwater cisterns, solar panelling, wind energy, small farm animal husbandry, forest management, heritage botany and birds/bugs/etc., mill restoration or solar powered milling projects and heritage organic farming. Taught by the locals en Francais. That would be cool. See you there, mama. I'll be the one wrassling the sheep, getting some goats for cheese making, shearing sheep and researching old Le Berry wool knitting patterns and broderie/lace making for workshops with very rich American broads who pay $100 a skein for trophy wool. And an equal number of local artistic textile students, gratis. Toile de Jouy, mon cul. See, my French is getting better already.
I have no doubt as @FrenchGirl123 says France is full of well-restored chateaux owned and run by the French, giving back to their village and not just serf jobs. I need to look into that and find out what's happening.
Thanks for your initial thoughts, inspiring.
I particularly like the idea of worker owned Cooperatives. There should be more of them. I think with Covid, we may see an upsurge in small businesses taking off like this.

Reactions: 14
I particularly like the idea of worker owned Cooperatives. There should be more of them. I think with Covid, we may see an upsurge in small businesses taking off like this.
KaCHING! Me and a Way Forward spiritual group of old hippies I belong to talk about what COVID is doing for evolutionary consciousness and the economy all the time.
One of the things we talk about is international support for local projects like Stephanie's as the way forward.
People here have an interesting ongoing discussion on begging, but post-COVID capitalization is another way to look at it. I'm sure the YT chatelaines -- like all the other YT entrepreneurs and fascist demagogues -- will change as quickly as the virus morphs, to become more transparent and accountable to Patreons as this system develops. We're watching Petherick fail to do this in real time.
Here's the daddy of the recent wave of worker coops. It's all about decayed urban centers and rust belt regions here in the US -- as well as woefully underdeveloped rural areas as in France. The trick is to find a never-ending need that's not leaving the neighborhood any time soon. The Cleveland workers determined that was going to be hospital laundry. For rural areas, it's looking like sustainable broadband and Green New Deal infrastructure projects. Don't know what's up in France.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
P.S. Us older ones have been around the block and realise sex is not a new invention nor are the terms. We grew up watching David Attenborough and realised that the amorphous world existed. That animals and people procreate in what ever shape or form they existed in; and in-between will try most things.
My Gran who died at 98 could give you chapter and verse on what folk got upto. She called a spade a spade and laughed her socks off at people who would try and shock her with talk of sex or insult her intelligence.
Sorry for the derail.
Now off to practice my cis gendered routine of trying to get my socks off without waking or woking up my wife.
Bon nuit.
Like the saying goes, "There's nothing new under the sun!"

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.