The Chateau Diaries #33 Starring she who shouts from balconies, written and directed by Tattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What's your point ?? It's a fictional dramatisation. At least those actors had a job.

We all live in a world that is built upon these business practices. No getting around it.
I was born into one of those 'great houses' paid for with the blood, sweat and tears of slaves. SSB wasn't. šŸ˜‚

Move on.

Have you not noticed how many black people are in adverts and public facing positions since BLM kicked off. The reaction was nearly as quick as B.Gibbons. Not quite though, give her her due, no-one is as quick as DB. šŸ˜‚
I just thought it was curious that nobody at LaLande dressed as a Regency servant. Upstairs is always more interesting with Downstairs. And the downstairs Regency servants would have been wearing Phrygian caps if you're going for real authenticity. As in the French Revolution. The women, Jeannette crosses, to honor St. Jean, on whose feast day they traditionally signed their work contracts.
I'm not here to argue with you or anybody else about BLM and their extremely effective work against police brutality.

Reactions: 4
MPK has updated his fans via IG. The video is supposedly ready! Only one glitch though, he's waiting for YT to do something or other. Well, he's got two hours (Madrid time) to get the show on the road. We'll see, don't hold your breath. I love how he has already set up the blame to fall on YT. Oh, Mikey, so you're so clever! Who would've thought this up?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
It looks like MPK is getting a bit nervous about his patrons dropping off. He just posted on IG claiming that he's 'almost finished'. You don't need to tell everyone you are almost finished. Just finish it!
I believe he means another finished šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 7
wellā€¦that greyish brown slop she serves is very unappetizing at least on camera. there are many vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free meals that are easily prepared and which can be served to carnivores along with simple meat cooked and served on separate apparatuses (the amount of cross-contamination in that kitchen gives me the heebiegeebies)

itā€™s as if she canā€™t see the beauty in a meal prepared with color and texture-so odd for someone who claims to be so interested in arranging flowers into mayonnaise jars

honestly, all of them consume enough processed food and candy to make their belly aching about what they ā€œwonā€™t eatā€ seem ridiculous

if they can drink wine they can eat like grown-ups
I agree with you. The whole food situation at LaLande seems as grotesque, with the lunatics in charge, as its ethics for the treatment of workers, animals and plants. Those huge vegetable gardens and the chatelaine doesn't eat vegetables. Goes on rants about why she doesn't eat soup. Or beans. Someone mentions she says she eats only once a day -- the quarantine (and other clips) showed her eating a large bread breakfast, her mother serving her a large carb-loaded and veg-free lunch, etc.. Alcohol is full of calories. Something is deffo up. If she were bulimic, her teeth would be showing it by now.

I absolutely LOVE Jonna Jinton! She is adorable, talented and lives in such a beautiful place in Sweden. She loves what she does and she is never grifting.
Learning of so many good YT blogs here, thank you. Bros of Decay, what a gas! And the Scandi aesthetic is compelling (even for someone who hated and recognizes the Ingmar Bergman Lutheran fugue stuff).

Reactions: 6
I agree with you. The whole food situation at LaLande seems as grotesque, with the lunatics in charge, as its ethics for the treatment of workers, animals and plants. Those huge vegetable gardens and the chatelaine doesn't eat vegetables. Goes on rants about why she doesn't eat soup. Or beans. Someone mentions she says she eats only once a day -- the quarantine (and other clips) showed her eating a large bread breakfast, her mother serving her a large carb-loaded and veg-free lunch, etc.. Alcohol is full of calories. Something is deffo up. If she were bulimic, her teeth would be showing it by now.
Whatā€™s the point of a massive garden, multiple gardeners, greenhouse, etc if they never eat any of the food grown there?

I enjoyed the videos where folks were cooking stuff. She could even do a series of videos cooking different recipes from the region.

Reactions: 20
I just thought it was curious that nobody at LaLande dressed as a Regency servant. Upstairs is always more interesting with Downstairs. And the downstairs Regency servants would have been wearing Phrygian caps if you're going for real authenticity. As in the French Revolution. The women, Jeannette crosses, to honor St. Jean, on whose feast day they traditionally signed their work contracts.
I'm not here to argue with you or anybody else about BLM and their extremely effective work against police brutality.
Thatā€™s the whole point though not everyone or most donā€™t see themselves as downstairs folk it would not fit the fantasy. The popularity of genealogy research and shows like finding your roots feeds the fantasy of some & gives them the glimmer of hope that there very well may be royalty somewhere in the woodpile. I do enjoy the mystery of it all though.

Reactions: 7
Whatā€™s the point of a massive garden, multiple gardeners, greenhouse, etc if they never eat any of the food grown there?

I enjoyed the videos where folks were cooking stuff. She could even do a series of videos cooking different recipes from the region.
It's all for show just like everything else she does. So much is wasted. Plants are left to die from neglect. She loves go on extravagant trips to the garden center and just nilly willy picks out plants for Dan to plant. No plan, no research, just spontaneous buying. She's always going on about how she loves this herb and that, but I don't see her doing anything with it or encouraging Marie to use any of it. That beautiful chard in the green house has been ready to eat for weeks. It will just wither and die. Even if the plan was to feed the inhabitants and guests, there's way too much planted unless you were to preserve it which is a ton of work and has to be done correctly to avoid botulism. Yikes, I hate to think of anyone there doing any canning!

Reactions: 21
I do like watching their renovations but this video is "begging" from beginning to end!!!...They kept saying how their patrons were helping them renovate and Phillip kept saying they needed more money to do the faƧade and Anna said "as soon as we can afford it" to bring the carpenter back to put in built-in cabinets...it was just one long begging video...I like them but can't stand the begging!!!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
Thatā€™s the whole point though not everyone or most donā€™t see themselves as downstairs folk it would not fit the fantasy. The popularity of genealogy research and shows like finding your roots feeds the fantasy of some & gives them the glimmer of hope that there very well may be royalty somewhere in the woodpile. I do enjoy the mystery of it all though.
It's striking isn't it, the number of people who do time travel to discover they were invariably royalty in the past.
I am quite certain my family on all sides, except the Huguenots, were Scottish serfs scraping lichen off the granite to eat. As for the Frenchies, troglodyte dwellers fer sure. In America -- lost all our money (and slaves) in the Civil War. Stars!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It's striking isn't it, the number of people who do time travel to discover they were invariably royalty in the past.
I am quite certain my family on all sides, except the Huguenots, were Scottish serfs scraping lichen off the granite to eat. As for the Frenchies, troglodyte dwellers fer sure. In America -- lost all our money (and slaves) in the Civil War. Stars!
No royalty in my blood. I'm actually grateful since they did so much inbreeding. Dairy farmers, loggers, and sheep ranchers with a few nuns and priests thrown in for good measure. Makes for really good strong bones and thick skin.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
And did they start a Gofundme? No, they didn't! They could have used a horse to pull the plow but the wife did it instead.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
No royalty in my blood. I'm actually grateful since they did so much inbreeding. Dairy farmers, loggers, and sheep ranchers with a few nuns and priests thrown in for good measure. Makes for really good strong bones and thick skin.
Lucky you. My people are the meanest white people in the world. Except maybe for the Boers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
It's all for show just like everything else she does. So much is wasted. Plants are left to die from neglect. She loves go on extravagant trips to the garden center and just nilly willy picks out plants for Dan to plant. No plan, no research, just spontaneous buying. She's always going on about how she loves this herb and that, but I don't see her doing anything with it or encouraging Marie to use any of it. That beautiful chard in the green house has been ready to eat for weeks. It will just wither and die. Even if the plan was to feed the inhabitants and guests, there's way too much planted unless you were to preserve it which is a ton of work and has to be done correctly to avoid botulism. Yikes, I hate to think of anyone there doing any canning!
Does anyone remember the video where she was amused at her mother for being exasperated with her for not processing the cherries that the farmer had gifted them. I was grossed out by the waste of it all. Especially cherries being my favourite. Eventually someone did something with them. I canā€™t remember who exactly. Also in hindsight grossed out about thinking of the vermin potentially crawling all over themšŸ¤®. The utter laziness. I think her relationship is still that of an adolescent. Like when they are told to do something and dig their heels in and ignore usually their mothers voice.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.