The Chateau Diaries #33 Starring she who shouts from balconies, written and directed by Tattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there a discount if you eat with The Family as you wouldn't be served at your own table?
no, it stated the price and the options where to eat. no two tier pricing structure.
🍷🍷 didn't say
it's cheaper though to get your guests drunk on inexpensive wine than to provide a quality 3 course meal.

When she's paying it's a night out at the Chinese all you can eat buffet or lunch at McD's.

You are too strict, remember back in the days in SJ favourite century they used to have a bath only once in a month and just powdered over any dirt and smell. With all the mice and dust she is just going for the authentic feel. Also water was not safe to drink that's why wine and beer was drunk daily. A royal would never work in the gardens not to spoil her teint.
They also defecated / urinated on the floor in the Palace of Versailles :sick:
Maybe that's the feel she's going for :eek:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I haven't seen the Fleurie offer but remember that there is also the time cost of providing the meals. If you serve dinner to guests you pretty much have to give up your evening to prepare, serve and clear it, so I would not object to paying for that if it was a decent standard. Locally sourced meat, fruit and vegetables from the garden, that sort of thing. Being able to enjoy a glass or two of wine and not have to drive would be nice. But the only decent-looking food I think I have seen at HMN is when Nic's Marie is there.

Imagine if you went to SJ's and it was pork for dinner....we already know how that gets chucked about, raw, on the kitchen table. :sick::poop:(n)
I think I've cracked the pork turds dish question. Boiling thumb sized pieces gets a large piece of meat cooked in 10 minutes, 20 mins prep time. It's the frugal Chinese principle of stir fry -- conserving oil and fuel -- but without, you know, any technique. I worked as a kitchen wench back in the day and you'd get fired on the spot for serving anything like that -- to the staff, to the dogs, much less paying guests.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Selmar looking for a new location for his van

LOL SJ said the three of them had such a blast they rearranged her kitchen.... =P

• Haha
Reactions: 8
That's why she doesn't care about the decoration anymore (except her own apartment). Walls will be filled with fan art, shelves full of gifted tat, SnortaLot has become her interior designer... ;) Her tit-o is transforming into an office, her workplace more than a home.
Good one! All the fans can pay top dollar to stay in the Elvis museum of themselves.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Philips lil drawing of SJ

1620156709469.png

I'm scrolling through the YT comments live..

OMG

Liesa Villandre
7 minutes ago
Selmar looks like he is being sold a used car, but the location is nice for the camper

J Elsner
29 minutes ago
Enquiring minds want to know: where does Selmar get his funky wardrobe and where does he store it all?

Azyef
11 minutes ago
His camper must contain a tardis! He seems to have a suit of every color 🌈

Kings Day - aka Orange Day =) LOL

1620157111382.png

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
But Stephanie did win in the end😂
The three other couples were impressed by the castle and the flamboyance.
All of them had "normal" gîtes/B&B.
She even sang for them at the end of the dinner.
They were baffled.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
So does Janssen go to Venice with her and decorate the palazzo, or does he stay curating fan offerings at Lalande? And bickering with the Natilator?
Just got a flash of all the flowers people laid for Diana, and the high walls jammed with centuries of Milagros people leave in thanks for miraculous healing at the catholic cathedral inside the great mosque in Cordoba. That's what gift grab is about, Saint Stephanie.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I was host to many workawayers, usually travelling families on a world trip with their kids homeschooling while travelling. I was not looking for a slave but for people who can teach my kids or me something fun. Sofar we had: birdwatching, karate, fancy cakes, coding, of course lots of language practice, woodwork (building a pergola), stargazing with a proper telescope, juggling, painting a mural
We once had a guy for 6 weeks who basically played ping-pong every afternoon for hours with my son who within those weeks became really really good!
It was more of an exchange since I taught them about local history and German and we cooked together.
I myself did all my workaways in Croatia babysitting since I don't have anybody in Germany to speak Croatian to and I don't want to forget it but can't justify spending 6 weeks per year there just on vacation while my husband works so at least I don't spend any money.
This is why the site was built. To connect travelers with a place to stay and homeowners to get help.
I've known friends who got to visit thailand and worked building wells. Well they build fresh water systems for a living, so they've "donated" their skills in many countries

I suppose this French school wanted to impress their UK colleagues 😉
I've never seen any wine for teachers at a school canteen.
When I was in elementary school the "directeur" always brought his bottle of red wine to the cantine 😅 When you were punished you had to eat with him at his table, which happened to me in CM2, and I remember finding it weird he was drinking his wine in those glasses you get in school cantines. It was back in like 2008 lol

• Wow
  • Haha
News flash! Marie is buying her first car! I guess she's been able to top off her tank with the Buy Me a Coffee campaign. She posted her reaction and I'm sharing it here with you. Are these tears of joy or holy tit now I'm really going to have to put my money where my mouth is?!
Maybe she'd just caught sight of herself in a mirror...

• Haha
I could only watch a little bit of it even with the fastest playback speed. It was just too painful! I think this was the most awful crap I have seen so far. I actually thought the puppet looked kind of like Nati. The hedgehog was just plain ugly. That's as far as I got. SJs hair was dirty and greasy again! Steve needs to learn to stop combing his hands through his hair every other minute - it's distracting. It did seem like the whole affair was really forced and everyone was totally faking it. It must like a punishment when SJ announces that it's time to gather around for the C at the C. Nati is getting more obnoxious by the day. She acts like such a goody two shoes sometimes. I bet she'd pull you aside if you weren't willing to play along.
Odd that you said the puppet looked like Nati. During the GAG I thought Nati (side view) looked like Judy from Punch and Judy. Nati's chin got puffy.

Anyone think the Chateau is draining the youth out of its inhabitants? Only mummy doesn't really age there.

So this month no chocolate but ok to drink. Next month chocolate and alcohol but no FRK vegan creations?

• Haha
Odd that you said the puppet looked like Nati. During the GAG I thought Nati (side view) looked like Judy from Punch and Judy. Nati's chin got puffy.

Anyone think the Chateau is draining the youth out of its inhabitants? Only mummy doesn't really age there.

So this month no chocolate but ok to drink. Next month chocolate and alcohol but no FRK vegan creations?
I've noticed Selmar has changed too. Nati and Philip absolutely.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.