Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

purejuice

VIP Member
Exactly! I saw something today in the gift grab I have never seen before and never want to see again - little cozies used as coasters for stemware. Number one they were very ugly, number two it's not necessary to use coasters with stemware unless you are a real slob and number three, coasters made from absorbent fabric defeat the purpose as they will only soak up any condensation and then soak into the surface of the table you set them on. Where do these people even find these homespun crafty ideas? Must have to dig pretty hard.
That's what I thought. Why apply a wet alcoholic compress to my good furniture?

I particularly like the idea of worker owned Cooperatives. There should be more of them. I think with Covid, we may see an upsurge in small businesses taking off like this.
ICYMI
New law protecting and encouraging coops
Nearly 300 new ones set up in 2013
The French coop org with up to date annual reports

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

Dippy Hippy

VIP Member
Stephanie's just at the age where your wardrobe criteria need to change.
One thing ladies of a certain age should notice is that vintage clothes on vintage ladies lack the irony which makes vintage clothes look cute on young ladies.
On old ladies it just looks like you haven't bought any new clothes in 60 years. That blue thing she wore for the FHS meeting, nuh-unh.
Minis, kind of torn on. Just horribly shocked by seeing the wonderful actress Sutton Foster in Younger -- the whole point of which is she is masquerading as 20 years younger to get a job -- wearing a mini that was too short. Leggings or tights might have quelled the NO MA'AM which kind of overwhelmed me. Foster has a beautiful figure, is still dancing, and wears very youthful clothing on this show. Interesting what she can get away with and what she can't. In another scene, she wore a very bare spangly modern asymmetrical cocktail dress, no longer than the too-short day dress, which worked.
A transitional age for dressing. Stephanie, ditch the vintage. Old babes wear new clothes. Princess Lilian, one of the legendary old babes, RIP, greeted the millennium in Issey Miyake.
Being "an old babe" myself it's too easy to slip into the clownish look when you get older by wearing too bright colours, bright rimmed glasses. You can just look as if you are crazy. I don't like Princess Lillians outfit. She looks like a cake topper or a toilet roll cover. Stephanie has some good outfits, I love Zara myself. Not everyone can afford designer. I agree that she needs to drop the short, short tunics and baby doll dresses now. They only suit teenage girls. She could get away with just above the knee, that would look elegant. I wear that length in my 70s as I'm 5'4 and too long a hem swamps me completely.

• Heart

TheTaxInspector

VIP Member
News flash! Marie is buying her first car! I guess she's been able to top off her tank with the Buy Me a Coffee campaign. She posted her reaction and I'm sharing it here with you. Are these tears of joy or holy shit now I'm really going to have to put my money where my mouth is?!
Maybe she'd just caught sight of herself in a mirror...

• Haha

Jeeves

VIP Member
When I was teaching elementary school, I would have to be very careful about who was daddy and who was grandpa. Biologically, men can reproduce quite late into life, and as the saying goes, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should." It was always a second go round for the men, not for their much younger wives. The children of these Grandpa Daddies generally were rather lonely if they were an only child because Grandpa Daddy didn't relate to them as a much younger father would. It seemed to me that they only had children with the newer, improved wife to please her. Sorry if I am insulting any Grandpa Daddies on this site, but that was my observation.
Although it can also be true that older dads are often more willing to spend time with their offspring. During lockdown,
it certainly appeared to be some of the older dads who were more hands-on supporting children with their learning.

FrenchGirl123

Chatty Member
Hopefully that's code for marijuana otherwise it's just plain goofy, which Selmar can be. I don't mind middle aged folk pretending there are fairies if they are talking to very young children, if not, it's distinctly weird and to be avoided. I'm not a fan of Selmar's goofy side. I think he acts like that sometimes because he's uncomfortable and doesn't know what else to do. Like all the rest of the cast he falls into immature behavior on camera. They just cannot be normal, it's too difficult for them. They always have to be pretending to be having a blast of a time not matter what they are doing. It must exhausting.
Exhausting and not that good for mental health in a long term.

Selmar looking for a new location for his van

LOL SJ said the three of them had such a blast they rearranged her kitchen.... =P

• Haha

ploppityplop2

VIP Member
It was actually the best dress we all have seen her in, I think it was not too bad, though I don't know who she wanted to impress going braless? ulAnd I wonder why Nati was in white, too. Maybe Marie ordered a white dress code but the others didn't follow? As she ordered no cutlery and porcelain?
I quite liked her informal party. That farce at Easter with the ridiculous costumes just so they could have a buffet 🙄

• Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Either SJ was having a little drinky poo while editing today's edition or BJJ was editing...or maybe "man of all but none" trades, Steve was...because the beginning of the vlog when Ian is discussing the cement truck and the film crew are leaving it is all jumpy and out of order. Disjointed. Weird. Great pay for great work. Not!
Saw that too. They are losing their shit, all of them.

Madame No

VIP Member
Cinders will go to the ball!
Sadly, she will just be Cinders. Not her best look, has she given up on supportive undergarments? Have the mice gnawed their way through those chicken fillets?
I am eagerly awaiting the vlog on how to create the ultimate cleavage.

• Haha

The Gardener

Chatty Member
I've had a look through the photos and they are so out of date. The terrace doesn't have the wooden pergola and the trees are pre pollarding.
Found it through Booking.com and hardly recognised the place...its all tidy, polished and looks really attractive. Who was David? He's mentioned in the reviews as a good chef.
“Lovely evening meal with the Stephanie, her mum and partner. David the chef of the day cooked an excellent roast chicken meal with an egg custard to complete. Good wine and company.”

“Stephanie welcomed us and made us feel like old friends in her wonderful home. David cooked us a lovely dinner and the breakfast kept us going all day.”

“The setting is just right. It helped that my daughter realized she knew about it from a tv program. It was nice to walk around on the grounds. Just perfect.”

so....then the restoration began??

“The original feeling of this beautiful chateau. Our hosts were so welcoming and couldn’t do enough for us. The restoration of this stunning house is an ongoing life’s work.”

Thats true :D

• Haha

purejuice

VIP Member
I never understood what the drama was, I never saw anything odd or bad in the video but then again I don't wear rose tinted glasses when it comes to Lalande. I work harder than that in my own job and much much longer than 4 hours a day, so "work" for volunteers at Lalande seems like a breeze, I didn't find the video offensive at all.
Why did DB insert herself in drama and lead bullying against Tomaz in the first place? Because she is looney tunes?
It's a lot of work if you're not being paid to do it, which is also illegal.
As for Gibbons, I don't know why she went off. It's hard to discern.
Edited to add: I think Jarvis brings out a lot of displaced mothering instinct and that's what Gobbins is doing, protecting her cub.

Last edited:

LonePalm

Chatty Member
This is why I love Tattle so much—another interesting YouTube channel that doesn’t seem to be contrived.
I absolutely LOVE Jonna Jinton! She is adorable, talented and lives in such a beautiful place in Sweden. She loves what she does and she is never grifting.

Last edited:

frenchessence

Chatty Member
It's been well revealed in previous threads. She knows. They know. The only mystery is me :)
This is better than Brigerton ! Clara, will you do the great reveal one day or would all your sources of info dry up ..... ?

May I ask you about Builder Ian and his wife ... although natural on camera, whilst he seems to fawn a bit over Fanny (“Hello Princess / I bought you a croissant etc etc ) this maybe in connection to keeping the work flowing ....

Builder Ian has clearly been within the folds 👀 since the beginning, so how well do you know those two ?

Can we assume she regards you as one of her friends or maybe you don't want say that? And I genuinely mean friendship in the normal sense of the word, I am not suggesting anything more.
This is such an interesting question ! and one I’d also love to know the answer, although I too appreciate Clara may not be able to give that reply

Last edited:
  • Heart

Milre

VIP Member
Lol—-I could tell she couldn’t WAIT to strip all the lovely leaves off the roses. 🍃 Marie, why not save time and run them over with a lawnmower?
my guess is it's somehow relaxing and calming for her to start with ripping off those leaves, a task she can cope with and is not too much of a challenge ... Like nose picking

I imagine it now comes from her daily viewing of her various brokerage, savings, and overseas accounts.
You're right, how could I forgot money🙈

I imagine it now comes from her daily viewing of her various brokerage, savings, and overseas accounts.
You're right, how could I forgot money? 🙈

Well wow 😯
Shame - seriously 😳

I thank the universe most days this ISNT Facebook

Leaste here - having a brain 🧠 is a prerequisite

Delighted to be in all your company 💜
Though I am sure it was meant to be ironic😊

Last edited:
  • Haha

witchgrass

VIP Member
The workaway policy is if any workaway works in a hosts business they are to be paid minimum wage at least. Because workaway doesn't violate slavery laws. Regardless of what you think it's a violation of international antislavery laws to have anyone work for you in your for profit business without being paid. Having people live in your housing, feeding them and having them work for free in your profit business is literally the definition of slavery. I get other using biatches would think slavery is ok. But it's not all decent human beings are aware of this. Lowlife users well we all know how disgusting they are.
Good thing they no longer use workaway. Doesn't sound like it's very open as far as reviews in either direction. There are a lot of people complaining that they struggled to leave constructive reviews of their hosts and the review was obfuscated. Still rather work in a B&B than on a ranch (a business) in the Nevada summer cleaning out a warehouse. The three hour babysitting jobs seem like the easiest.

Dippy Hippy

VIP Member
That's a different chateau. I said previously how terrible it would be if you had booked this one in Crozon but accidentally set your sat nav to HMN in Berry.
Its the same chateau, (I found a website for the other one.) You can see Derek's paintings on the walls in some of the photos.

Joy no toile

I was host to many workawayers, usually travelling families on a world trip with their kids homeschooling while travelling. I was not looking for a slave but for people who can teach my kids or me something fun. Sofar we had: birdwatching, karate, fancy cakes, coding, of course lots of language practice, woodwork (building a pergola), stargazing with a proper telescope, juggling, painting a mural
We once had a guy for 6 weeks who basically played ping-pong every afternoon for hours with my son who within those weeks became really really good!
It was more of an exchange since I taught them about local history and German and we cooked together.
I myself did all my workaways in Croatia babysitting since I don't have anybody in Germany to speak Croatian to and I don't want to forget it but can't justify spending 6 weeks per year there just on vacation while my husband works so at least I don't spend any money.
This is why the site was built. To connect travelers with a place to stay and homeowners to get help.
I've known friends who got to visit thailand and worked building wells. Well they build fresh water systems for a living, so they've "donated" their skills in many countries

KiKiGee

VIP Member
More from the end of the live chat...
Now where have we heard an idea like this???????
This family will out pace our other chateau friends in no time.

FJ Marcliff Gee it might be a nice idea if you allowed the patrons who wanted to sponsor the renovation of a shutter and have their initials engraved in them

How To Renovate A Chateau @FJ Marcliff that's a nice idea!

FJ Marcliff
$100.00

• Haha
  • Sad