Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Joy no toile

The most striking thing about today's vlog was the editing within the first few minutes. Gastly view of Steph, then Ian (watching a cement truck depart) and suddenly rough cut between departing film crew and back to Ian and back to film crew, then a voice over. Seriously who's doing the editing. Stupid patch up. Girl get your house together.

Reactions: 19

lalablahblah

VIP Member
TomaTE="purejuice, post: 4799202, member: 183810"]
Thank you, I've been reading the site. Is there any evidence Stephanie was not paying them for their work? Tomaz' video is the smoking gun evidence they were doing all the work for her private business. Question is, were they paid? Where is the evidence for or against?
To be fair, the Workaway site has tons of evidence in the feedback pages that Workaways do all the work of B and Bs around the world, with nothing said about their being paid or not. I was shocked.
[/QUOTE]
Tomaz had his luggage stolen. Because he was not paid for his work fans raised 200 for him to buy clothes. His mother had to mail him clothes. If you paid attention to the blogs your evidence is there. The policy here is to tell you to read and watch. I try to be nice but if you get into the Stephfending you can dig for info like everyone else. She used her workaways as slave labor for her business and should be held accountable. Because of visa issues her victims would get into trouble for filing against her. What a fecken biach to have him work for in her business as her unpaid slave and not even buy him clothes. She's a using pos.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Madame No

VIP Member
I never realized that "volunteers" were meant to be paid I thought that volunteer was a 4hr (BG typed 5) hr work day for free room and board.
Four hours of chores is absolutely nothing but then again I am used to working a minimum starting hours of 12+ a day working in film & TV and being on my feet and moving, so maybe my 46 yr old self just has more stamina then most 9-5ers :unsure:

BG seems to just be just as much as a scam artist as the Lalande clan but isn't as successful at it. SJ has not commented on BG or corrected her,unlike the Pethericks and other Chateau peeps that have distanced themselves from her , so SJ silence is actually encouraging to BG.
SJ is very careful not to burn any bridges or appear to take any sides. She has never spoken of the debacle between the Petherick's and the the Strawbridges. In the end, it's all business for her. She goes silent when there's any controversy. I wouldn't want her on my team, but then again, she's not a team player. She could have done with some team sport playing and working at mundane jobs for others to give her some better life skills when dealing with others. She's quite clueless in these areas as evidenced by interrupting workers when they are busy or on breaks. Bosses should never bother their employees when they are on breaks. I was fortunate to have been in a unionized work force where this was strictly adhered to and enforced.

• Heart

FrenchGirl123

Chatty Member
Stormy weather for MPK...

From his last vlog YT comments :

Nadia G
Nadia G
2 days ago (edited)
Agree! But sadly people are just blind and when you say anything about it, they want to bite your head off! I feel sorry for all the patrons. Look at he's last videos at the chateau, nothing was done at the cottage, taking advantage of people like that is simply wrong. There are so many other vlogs on chateau restorations that desperately need the money.

Celeste E. Garcia
Celeste E. Garcia
1 day ago
Mind your own business! Why can't he go on vacation? He doesn't need anyone's permission?

Celeste E. Garcia
Celeste E. Garcia
1 day ago
Jennifer you are selfish for not understanding that sometimes people need time away.

Jennifer Burk
Jennifer Burk
1 day ago
@Celeste E. Garcia Lol, found the white knight. Oh, poor M, living rent-free in a French chateau with acres of open space. No job, no responsibilities, no health issues.

Jennifer Burk
Jennifer Burk
1 day ago
@Celeste E. Garcia Maybe he needs the permission of the people who paid for it thinking they were supporting his cottage and videos?

Nadia G
Nadia G
1 day ago
@Celeste E. Garcia When other people's money are involved they are allowed to get peeed off!! He is using people!!

Wade Wilson
Wade Wilson
1 day ago
Hey Celeste, no one is being nasty by stating the obvious, so there is no need for your rudeness. There's no need for any rudeness. The simple fact is he's not doing what he promised. The man is talented he's good at what he does but there's a line which he's pushing across very quickly. Look at what Stephanie is doing with the funds she is receiving and the amount of work she's putting in for the people who are paying for it. Then look at what Michael is doing. Chalk and cheese. Yes Stephanie makes more money but she's not off on holidays for weeks and weeks at a time with no content. Even while she is away she makes an effort to do as much as possible for the patrons. So you can see why people are starting to get annoyed. Sounds like you are trying to justify why you put your hard earned money in Celeste! People have a right to voice their concerns. As long as it's not personal and down right rude. It's called constructive criticism. I like the guy but I see everyone's point of view. Michael, read and answer people's questions and engage more with the people who clearly like you and support you. Then there won't be any need for criticism. And people keep your questions above the waste line and stop trying to pry into his personal life. Who he beds at night is no one's business but his. If he wants to share then he will. Let's all see what happens next. I hope everyone has a great day. Cheers
Read more

Della Morgan

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
You're right. I was trying to think who she reminded me of. 👏
My fiancee and I walked into my mom's clinic and saw a bunch of her young patients with their moms. Their eyes glued to the TV in the waiting room watching TANGLED, the scene when Mother Gothel was singing to the flower! My fiancee quipped: "Look, it's Stephanie's best friend, Dana!" :LOL: ;)

• Haha

KiKiGee

VIP Member
From the live chat...

Manor and Maker @Aleksandra J Philip and I have had a couple of chats about Bernadette & Cathy - we're both fans

Aleksandra J @Philip Janssen Costubers - Bernadette Banner has now also moved to England, if you know Cathy Hay you may have heard of her, she's amazing!

Manor and Maker @Aleksandra J Philip and I have had a couple of chats about Bernadette & Cathy - we're both fans

Aleksandra J @Philip Janssen Costubers - Bernadette Banner has now also moved to England, if you know Cathy Hay you may have heard of her, she's amazing!

Philip Janssen @melina Jones I know of a bunch more people, but they’re all in the US

Philip Janssen @melina Jones @Aleksandra J I didn’t know Bernadette moved to London!

Manor and Maker @Aleksandra J it's actually literally part of our plan here in France - art & sewing workshops

Wow, BJJ knows a bunch more people in the US??????? WTF!!! I'm sure that impressing SJ... :ROFLMAO:
BJJ and SJ here's a thought, why don't you gift Sara Sewist with a charitable scholarship to the SA fashion school. 👗

• Haha

Aquablue

Chatty Member
This is the one that got DB’s nightie in a twist so much she bullied him out of there. I’m glad he’s kept the video up!
I never understood what the drama was, I never saw anything odd or bad in the video but then again I don't wear rose tinted glasses when it comes to Lalande. I work harder than that in my own job and much much longer than 4 hours a day, so "work" for volunteers at Lalande seems like a breeze, I didn't find the video offensive at all.
Why did DB insert herself in drama and lead bullying against Tomaz in the first place? Because she is looney tunes?

• Heart

Seeingitasitis

VIP Member
I have never watched Peter and Miss Anna, but comments on here prompted me to watch todays offering (3rd May). Wow. I have been missing out and will be going back over their vlogs for sure. My admiration for them is huge. I will follow them on their new adventure for sure. Hats off to you both.

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
I think she is attracted to gay men, sexually attracted in this case. He is into her, in a similar way, regardless of what else he may or may not like. In the end, whether they are in bed together or not is not overly relevant. The closeness of their relationship is a kind of love affair and not just a friendship.
I agree. Sex is not her main joy in life anyway, she struggles with what to give and how to enjoy. She has had trouble in that department forever and doesn’t seem to work on improvements or restorations, just as she’s treating her HMN basically: there’s some activity sometimes, but it never sticks.

• Heart
  • Wow

ComtesseRose

VIP Member
Ruby isn’t so old that he’d have been around for Nadaillacs
She just says the previous owners, maybe it's just me, I interpret as previous owners of the château (i. e. The Nadaillacs)

SJ used the same story twice, with different cats and different guardians. Both times it was her cat and she lied about it to pretend it was okay she did not look after them.
Lying herself out of animal neclegt. Is that a new low? Wait, no, nevermind... Just remembered BJJ.

• Haha

Jikki2

Chatty Member
As I was speeding through FRK's painful-to-watch-vlog, I heard this: "There haven't been any fresh flowers for a little while just because I've been busy working."
Working on what? Abysmal YouTube content? I thought putting flowers in jam jars was her "job". And watering her plants clearly hasn't kept her busy, either. Maybe she doesn't have flowers because no one has sent them to her for free? This video should fix that, though.

• Sick
  • Haha

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
In fact, it was her cat and so naturally when these guardians left, they didn't take it with them. SJ and IJ did not feed that cat for at least six months, pretending they didn't know it was there.
Why would she have a cat if she is allergic to them ??

• Haha
  • Sad

Madame No

VIP Member
I don't care about the hyperbole. People can call it whatever.
But trying to convince me that it's forced or compulsory labour as defined in the Article 2 of ILO's Forced Labour Convention, 1930 and ratified in France.
Hell no!
This horse is dead, let's stop beating it. According to every definition of slavery I have read, what went on at the shatoo was NOT slavery. Accusations without evidence does not deserve to be acknowledged. Slavery is a very horrible condition and not to be taken lightly. Modern day slaves suffer terribly and I'm sure they would change places with the 'volunteers' at the chateau in an instant.

• Heart